• Published 5th Oct 2012
  • 1,628 Views, 37 Comments

Equestrian Legends: The Slender Stallion - Avery



This is the tale of the Slender Stallion.

  • ...
3
 37
 1,628

Chapter 5: Friend or Monster?

Applebloom recovers from her image horror and realizes that she's still in the hospital room with her friends. One of the nurses put her on a spare bed in the room, making sure that she didn't suffer from anything damaging. She sits up, looks around and sees that there was no more lines of notes on the wall, she sighed in relief and lays her head back on the pillow. She thought of what the notes had said: "Don't go into the woods" "He will watch you for the rest of your little life"? What did they all mean? Was someone trying to scare her into submission? Either way, she stopped thinking about it for a little and closed her eyes to relax a little.

There was dead silence, other than the breathing of Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle, it was eerie. After what seemed to be a few minutes there was sounds of footsteps coming from the hall. A shadow looms over the window as there was a clicking sound and the door opened. There stood one of the nurses, nurse Red Heart to be exact.

"Applebloom? You awake deary?" Red Heart says as she slowly walks to the bed

Applebloom opens up her eyes and sits up, nearly scaring Red Heart

"Goodness, you do know how to respond to that. How are you doing? Feeling any better?" Red Heart says putting a hoof to Applebloom's head

"I guess...at least I don't have to see those awful notes anymore..." Applebloom says softly

"I know, nurse Green Plate told me about it. She's a new nurse just getting used to this hospital. She never expected anything like that to happen, and honestly, neither did any of us."

"Did Applejack come over?"

"She did actually. She said that you weren't home and wasn't supposed to be out without anyone with you. I told her about what happened and she said that you should stay here for the night. Speaking of which, a letter was dropped at the front desk with it mailed to a 'Young one with bow in her hair'. I'm guessing it's for you, since you do wear a bow."

Applebloom patted the place wear her bow was supposed to be and to her surprise it was there.

"Applejack must've put it back on..." Applebloom says softly

Red Heart put the letter on the side table, the writing on the front was styled as if from Canterlot.

"We have no idea who put it there, but take a look at it. Who knows, it might just be something worth while."

Red Heart then left the room with the door cracked open, just a slimmer. Scootaloo yawned from her bed. Applebloom looked over and saw the she turned over in her sleep. Applebloom then looked back at the letter, almost afraid to open it. She then grabbed it, opened it, and started to read. This is what it said:

Dear little one with bow,

I must apologize for my behavior on that one night, a sudden blood-lust always seizes me on that night. I didn't mean for any harm, but anyone that enters the forest on that night always seem to want to capture me. Thankfully, I do have some control and don't kill anyone...just harm them. I am very sorry that I hurt your friends, and to repay you, I want to give you something that will make your friend's recovery swift.

I need you to meet me at the entrance to the Everfree at night, and don't worry, I won't attack you. I only attack those who enter on that faithful night. And since you can't leave without someone going with you, I also sent a letter to the lavender unicorn who was there with you. Hopefully, she will take you so that we can help your friends.

I hope to see you at night.

With love,

Slendy

Applebloom stared at the letter and reread it, it was saying that the SLENDER STALLION has something to help her friends. Applebloom stared at the letter and put it on the side table. She then looked at her friends, thinking about what it said.

Meanwhile, at the Library, Twilight just got through reading the letter she got and just threw it in the trash.

"Who does that Slender thing think he's fooling? There's no way that I'm bringing Applebloom to the Everfree again. Even if he does have something for Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle, what if that blood-lust of his pops up again? There's just no way that I'm bringing Applebloom to him again." Twilight says pacing around

"Well what if he's right and he does want to help? What if he's just a poor soul that's been cursed?" Spike says while putting books away

"Spike, we've talked about this before, there's no such thing as curses. And even if they are, I don't think there is any curse to turn somepony into that monstrosity. He's just a mindless killer for anypony that walks into the Everfree!"

"If he's so mindless, then how come you got a letter from him saying that he was sorry?"

Twilight stopped and looked at Spike with a glare

"Because he wants us to walk into his trap, once we're there he'll kill us for sure!"

"But you have magic! Why don't you just teleport away like you did last time?"

"No Spike! I'm not even putting Applebloom near that creature ever again!"

"But-"

"No buts Spike! I'm not falling for his silly trick!" She turns her back on Spike which made him sigh

Just then there was a knock at the door, Spike put down his books and ran over to the door. He opened the door to find Applebloom standing there.

"Applebloom! what'cha doing here?" Spike says

"Is Twilight here?"

Twilight came into view and said "Yes, I'm here. What do you need?"

Applebloom took a deep breath and said "I want to go see Slendy tonight"

Twilight just closed her eyes and shook her head "No Applebloom, it's probably just a trick an- wait, why'd you tell me?"

"Slendy sent me a letter telling me what happened and told me that you got a letter too. I'm guessing that he's not really a bad guy, since he told me that he also gave you a letter and that he's really sorry for hurting Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle."

Twilight blinked and went over to the trash can and took out the letter. She then reread it.

"But, this seems like a trap. He wouldn't just calmly hand out invitations to the Everfree."

"But Twilight, I'm guessing that he's changed since that night, cause yesterday I saw him while workin'. He had me cornered in the barn, blocking the only door out and you know what he did? He just stood there, slowly shaking his head and then left."

Twilight stood there as she listened to Applebloom, she then looked to her side for a bit. After a minute of silence, Twilight looked back at Applebloom.

"Fine, we'll go. But you need to stay near me at all times in case something does happen alright?"

"Alright Twilight! So tonight, we find out if he's a monster or a friend." Applebloom says with a determined tone.