• Published 5th Oct 2012
  • 1,628 Views, 37 Comments

Equestrian Legends: The Slender Stallion - Avery



This is the tale of the Slender Stallion.

  • ...
3
 37
 1,628

Chapter 4: Pages of Insanity

It has been three days and Applebloom has yet to come out of her room other than to eat, help on the farm, or see her friends in the hospital. There were the same symbols found on the hospital wall, the farm house, and some of the trees on the farm. This made Applebloom sick, and unwilling to talk. Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle had most of their bones broken and/or cracked, they would need to stay in the hospital for months and months.

Applebloom tried her best to stay positive, but the nightmares she has everynight makes her depressed and unwilling to do anything.

"Come on Applebloom... you need to come out of there" Applejack says through Applebloom's locked door

"No....I'm not going out there...." Applebloom says with a hollow tone

"Come on now, you've been like this ever since we got back from....uh....you know. Why are you acting like this?"

"He haunts me....he won't leave me alone....in my dreams....out on the farm....his face always there....watching...."

Applejack mutters to herself and walks from Applebloom's room. Inside Applebloom's room, she sits by her bedside watching the door as if waiting for something. Her bow on her head was now laying on the floor untied with red hairs beside it, as if ripped out.

After a few moments of silence the door unlocked itself and slowly opened. Applebloom held onto her bedspread. There in the door stood Applejack looking down to Applebloom.

"Come on sis, you need to help buck the apples today."

Applebloom slowly got up, looking to the window. It was midday, there was a few ponies walking past the gates outside. She then walked to Applejack and followed her outside. On the way downstairs, Applebloom noticed a note pasted on the wall. The writing was so crude and faded that she could barely make it out.

he is going easy on you.

"Come on Applebloom!" Applejack calls

Shaking her head she goes downstairs to Applejack waiting outside. Applebloom grabbed a large bucket and dragged it to a nearby tree. She then went back and grabbed another one to take to another tree. On the way back she noticed another note like the one from before, only the words had many lines sticking out from it's border.

Always watching, No eyes.

When she turned Big Macintosh stood there looking at the note, he then tore it off and took it somewhere. Applebloom continued to work and help carry bags of apples back to the farmhouse. While working, Applebloom saw more and more notes on the trees and some being placed on the farm wall.

NO NO NO NO NO a drawing of the Slender Stallion stood in the middle around the NO's.

Can't run

A drawing of Slender Stallion standing within a dozen trees

the rest were like warnings or someone's desire to scare. The day was nearly done when she brought the twentieth bucket of apples in when she saw another note, this one was bigger than the others and was stained

Tick Tock says Mr.clock, bam bam bam says the glock. hurry run to the boat, if he gets you: Drip drop goes your throat.

The stain was coming from the red letters, Applebloom put her hoof on the letters and took it off the wall. she brought her hoof back up to see that it was red with the same lettering from the note.

".....blood...." Applebloom silently says

She turns to leave the farm she is greeted with the Slender Stallion looking at her from across the large room, in front of the only door outside. She backed up against the wall, her hoof stepped on the note making a crunching sound. The Slender Stallion just looked at her, slowly shaking his head. Then without any sound he just turned around, and left.

Applebloom walked outside after a few minutes of waiting and went to the house. Inside was Applejack and Big Macintosh discussing over the notes they found, Applebloom put her ear to the door once she heard them talking.

"I don't know Bic Mac, these things seem really old. Who do you think drew them?" Applejack says

"No clue." Big Macintosh says

"And being shown to Applebloom like that is just horrible, do you think the others could be seeing the same notes?"

"Maybe"

Applebloom soon walked away from the door and started to head to the hospital. Once there she looked at the wall, no longer was there any symbol. She went inside and was warmly greeted by one of the nurses.

"Why hello there Applebloom. Did you come to see your friends?"

Applebloom nods "Y-Yeah...."

"Alright then, follow me." the nurse said while walking down the halls

"Your friends have been doing very well, healing at a normal rate. They haven't talked very much though and I wouldn't blame them, the poor dears."

When they arrived at the room where Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle was staying, a slim shadow crossed the door window. The nurse opened the door to be surprised by what she saw. There was lines and lines of papers stuck to the wall each of them repeating the same words:

He will watch you till the end of your little life.

He won't be sorry again

No eyes

Always watching

Don't go into the woods

Drip Drop

Run you dumb animal

Applebloom fainted when she saw all the notes. The nurse ran in the other direction to get some help, nearly scared to death. While no one was looking, the hooded figure entered the room, removing the notes and replacing it with one large poster.

Run Run around every corner and bend, it doesn't matter, he always gets you in the end.

The figure then disappeared, hood and all, leaving Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle, and Applebloom helplessly asleep.