• Published 8th Oct 2012
  • 871 Views, 18 Comments

Shining End - Aevus



Leading two lives gets really hard.

  • ...
2
 18
 871

Night Three: A Sinister Plot

I open my eyes and yawn, jumping a little when I realize I'm not in the barracks. Then the horrific memory of the events of the last night slowly seep into my brain. I remember the court and then the screaming mare, but one thought topped all of that. I needed to tell Luna as soon as possible. She probably already knew, but I'm not one to take a chance on something like this. The thought hot in my mind, I gallop as fast as I can out the door and towards night court.

As I run I notice a few odd things. First the wind is colder than usual, chilling my body in a less than comfortable fashion. Second is the distinct lack of guards. The one that is around seem to be looking for something. Interested, I walk over to him, a guard class lunar stallion.

"What's going on here? Where is everypony?" I ask. As soon as my voice hits his ears, he turns and I meet his eyes. Three things happen. First, I realize that his eyes are not those of a pony, but of something else. Second, I am suddenly paralyzed where I stand, a clutching fear creeping up on me. Third, the non-pony smiles, and then speaks.

"Ah, there you are creperum I was starting to wander if you were dead or not. If you want to survive this encounter you will do as I say, ok?" As it finishes it slowly lifts the fear that held me still. As soon as I feel the fear gone, I make my move. Forming a simple kunai with shadow I chuck it at him with my mouth. He dodges to the right and I once again find myself frozen in place. "Do that again and there will not be enough left of your body to identify when the morning sun rises." His voice is like ice, freezing the air around him as he speaks.

"When I let you go, you will go strait to Luna, and you will deliver this message. Praeparant pugnae ultimae. Ego interficiam te. Mors mos vilis vita. I'm going to let you go now, and if you try to pull anything else, I will kill you." I once again feel my body freed from the fear and I bolt towards the castle.

As I near the castle, a sight freezes me again. This time it is not the non-pony, but rather the corpses of lunar guards laying around, blood splattered around the area. The corpses seem to make a line that leads to the lunar court. I sprint towards that area, the sounds of clashing steel filling me ears as I near the door to the room. I push the door open.

The sight of the court room fills me with adrenaline. The remaining lunar guards are clustered around Princess Luna. They are surrounded by the corpses of their comrades and a group of ponies in a green armor. The ponies in green armor all turn to me, their eyes completely black. They each hold a sword in their teeth, some of them even have crossbows. As they aim at me and get ready to fire, I let loose all of the anger built up inside of me. I disappeared as I merged with the shadows around me.

As the ponies began to move around, I drove shadow spikes up into them. The other lunar guards took this opportunity and lunge at the temporarily disabled ponies. I followed them, jumping up from the shadows and drawing my own knives. As I sliced at the ponies their flesh burned and bubbled, warping around the tip of the knife. Thank the Goddesses for fire enchantments and their conveniences in combat.

I sliced at more of the ponies, my knife ripping through armor and flesh alike. The good thing about enchantments is that I didn't need to make the strike of the knife a killing blow. My knife was enchanted to not only melt flesh, but also poison any pony that got cut by it. The poison was made to paralyze on contact, and then kill soon after. As I sliced through pony after pony I noticed that the tide of the fight had changed, leaving me and the lunar guard at an advantage.

The ponies in the armor finally had the sense to retreat out of the court room, and down the streets of Canterlot. We were in no shape to follow them, and thus we didn't. I look around, only to see the corpses of the dead ponies, guards and green armored ponies alike, floating slowly as the broke down into what looked like mass of pure darkness. Not shadow or the darkness of a completely sealed room with no lights, but rather the kind of darkness that consumed you and looked like the embodiment of pure death.

The darkness then simply vanished, gone somewhere I couldn't see. With that I looked back at the ponies of the room a sudden drowsiness setting upon me. I fell to one knee, one of the guards running over to me, a worried look painted across her face. I followed her gaze and looked down, stopping upon seeing a crossbow bolt lodged a good two inches into my stomach. I looked back at the mare and collapsed, blacking out.


---
Authors Note: This will all make sense eventually, until then I will simply tell you that it will not be all sunshine and rainbows, and may result in serious injury of one of the mane six.