• Published 12th Oct 2012
  • 948 Views, 21 Comments

Letters from Blitzen: A Story of the Kirin Colt. - Will of Haphinea



After his meeting of the Cutie Mark Crusaders, Blitzen the Kirin writes letters to them. Visit later

  • ...
3
 21
 948

Redemption at the Price of Sacrifice

Author's Note: There are two endings, one is canon to the series, and one alternate. This is the official ending


Sweetie Belle was scared more than ever before. She knew her sister and the others had the Elements of Harmony with them, and would use them against the Flame Kirin before her. But, instead of running away, she remembered something Blitzen had talked about that very first night the met, and what they never told any other pony.

"Sweetie, I was wondering. Would thou one day like...I am embarrassed I ask this of thee, but foals?" he said nervously. "I wonder, because my poor Sister could not have any, and one day, if I ever had found mine special somepony, I wanted to have one for her! I love her so much, and she deserves to be happy!"

She thought is was an unusual question, especially because she thought he was trying to be ungentle-coltly to her, But his reasons were very sweet! she answered. "I don't know yet, I mean, I really want to because they are so cute, but I don't want to do that icky stuff first. I like kissing though!" she answered and they both laughed.

After a while, they scooted closer, and kissed again. "Sweetie, I don't know if mine Sister would approve of us, but, should she ever try to hurt thee, stand up to her. Don't run! I fear she will harm thee if thine were to run. I, like thee...and if we ever see each other again, I want to be thy special somepony, and maybe thine husband!" He felt very happy to be with a very pretty filly. Sweetie was so happy to hear that, but made him promise that they wouldn't tell the other girls. This night would be theirs and theirs alone. '

She stood her ground and let the attack come. The fireballs passed over her, and nearby, but nowhere near her. She tried to speak to the Kirin. "I love your brother! He makes me so happy, and I made him happy enough to come here! I would DIE for him! So..so, do what you will!" The Kirin was angered, but no matter how much she hated the filly, she knew that attacking her would potentially kill her lil Blitzen.

"COME THEN! Let me kill thee, thine Harlot! You...You hath tricked him!" she said, unsure what to say to scare the filly,. who had backed up and stood on her rear hooves, guarding her Blitzen.

"NO! You listen to me! I won't let you hurt him! I am his, and he is mine! We are not yours, We are our OWN! We declare ourselves free under the Provisions--" Sweetie started to say, when the Kirin neighed loudly and screamed at her.

"NO! Thou can't! You won't survive! They will hunt you, they will never accept you. Don't finish those Provisions, or...I will stab thee myself!" she said, as she came closer, pointing her horn into Sweetie's small neck. She looked at the Kirin, and said nothing, but her friend Blitzen finished the recitement.

"...The Provisions set by Our Elder Dragons, Lao-Shan, Jhen Mohran, Lunastra, and swear Mine Allegiance to My Princesses! and to the Land of Equestria I now call HOME!" he said weakly, but the vow was heard. A shield of electrical energy surround the two small Ponies, and they could not take back the words, but the Vow's native Dragon Magic would protect them, even if just before the Princesses came.

Rapi looked at Blitzen and closed her eyes, she was heartbroken that he didn't need her anymore. He had grown up while she was gone, and nothing could be done, except to warn the ungrateful colt. "You will be hunted, and killed, just like mine siblings! Your filly will die alone, NOTHING you said will stop that! You traded long life for a mere Pony's lifetime. You are not my brother...."

Blitzen teared up at those last words. He knew the binding limited his potential one thousand year life to just Sweetie's but when he heard his Sister rejected him entirely, all hope he had for the future besides Miss Belle was gone. He refused to look up, even when the rainbow beam hit the angry Kirin.

The Elements, though two short of the Six, found temporary hosts for the travelling Pegasi, and had hit the older Kirin, and the princesses stood over the slowly changing yellow Kirin, to greet and welcome her, now that years of pain and hatred were stripped away. "Mrs. Rapi Dash, we still need to discuss many things with you, but first, we wish for you to comfort your Kirin brother." Celestia said.

Rapi Dash felt much more hopeful, but all the memories, everything she had said to poor little Blitzen, she still remembered. She leaned down, and tried to hug him, but he shied away. She though for a bit, and instend hugged his filly, and kiss her forehead. "I accept his decision, and may you live happily for each other." Blitzen cheered up seeing this, and hugged the other Kirin. They were no longer sibling, but they were equals.


Everypony involved was brought inside the Library in town, things needed to be finalized. Much would change, but a lot would stay the same. Celestia differed to Luna for the punishment of the rebellious Flame Kirin. Banishment to the moon and Sun were not an option, and no one was seriously hurt, but still the punishment would show Rapi her place in Equestria.

"Your punishment, is to be bound the the lands of Equestria, and within the realms of Hope's Asylum. You are allowed to travel with escorts to Ponyville for the town's business. You will keep the role of Protector, but you are to report to me, should a need arise." Luna told the formerly bitter Kirin. They exchanged some words in private later, and the Protector of Hope's Asylum left to return to her refuge without the other Kirin beside her.

Luna looked towards the young Kirin, and thought carefully how she had to phrase this next bit of news. It was a very good thing, that would give Blitzen a somewhat normal life with his filly, but it required a mark of sacrifice from the one receiving it. "What has been said, cannot be taken back, the vow is a far older Dragon Magic than most Ponies could even know. That said, we did find a spell for you, young Blitzen. If you are to live your life for your filly, you should be able to age like her. Your previous years will be just numbers, but starting on your birthday, you'll age as normally, and with your filly." the Princess said, but with hesitation.

"But what do I need to do? I'll do anything!" Blitzen said. He held his Sweetie in his hooves and waited for their words.
Celestia answered for her sister. "I think you know what is required of you. Luna has mentioned a certain letter in which you promised to serve her, young one." Blitzen nodded and agreed to what was asked. He made that vow, as he did ask for what had troubled Sweetie, and Luna had delivered on revelation to that trouble.

Sweetie was sadden slightly that Blitzen would leave again, but Celestia noticed this. "You know, as a Pony who can make your own decisions, you could follow him to Canterlot while he trained. It is up to you, my little pony." She left Sweetie to decide, and she made a hard decision. So much had happened, and despite how much she cared for her dear colt friend, she really couldn't give up everything she had while she waited for his service to end.

"I can't go with you, Blitzy. My friends, and my sister need me here. I'll write you as much as I can, and when you get breaks, I will visit you too. I will love you forever, my sweet Kirin!" she said as she hugged him. Blitzen returned the hug, and nuzzled her neck as they said their goodbyes. Part of him was sad he couldn't be close, but he never wanted Sweetie to sacrifice everything for him. He whispered a simple request for her: "Please always have a song in your heart, my dear, it is all I want for thee to be happy."

He wanted to stay longer,but was motioned by the Princesses to return with them. They said one more set of silent goodbyes, before they left for the castle above. He leaned to his Princess guardian, who had done so much for him, and asked what he was meant to do as service. "No worries, my little pony, for you shall be one of mine private guards, I shall see to it no harm comes to you, but you will be trained to fight along side my own stallions and mares, and even as a colt, you shall learn discipline well."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rarity hugged her sister, and had hoped she would stay with her and her parents. They fought, they argued, but they still loved each other. They made their way back, when a package was left at the door of the boutique. It was a bunch of souvenirs from Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy. They included a note explaining they had got stuck in Baltimare, and were doing ok together there. They would explain the story as soon as they got back, but offered these as gifts for everypony.

They smiled at the gifts, and Sweetie went to her room, and hid away her Earth Dragon Gem necklace somewhere very safe. It was Blitzy's promise to her, and she knew one day, they would be able to see each other again, and make a life together as mare and stallion. On the other hand, she was happy to see Spike and Rarity had finally tried spending time together going out, and that made her happy that her sister would, one day, find love as well.

She dreamed of what the future held, and imagined a grown Blitzen looking handsome in a uniform, and smiled happily as she imagined herself grown as well into a beautiful mare, like her sister. The couple held each other and had a finally been able to make a place for themselves and marry on a day they chose so long ago on that first night they met. She never got to see her Cutie Mark, but saw her friend's a bit, and hoped that she could tell them one day what their talents could be. Her dream ended as they held each other, and looked at the cutest little foal she had ever seen, and then her dream slowly faded...


A serious Blitzen was sworn it service as a new recruit of Luna's Private Guard. Unlike most of the Night Guard made up of only Opliptera, her Private Guard were considered a special wing of service, and had Ponies over all types. Luna did not wish for Blitzen to come to harm, but she wanted him to grow before the time came for him to become a husband to his filly, and so she insisted he be trained in that division. I truly hope he shall grow to be a fine young stallion, and a wonderful warrior for Equestria.

Over the months that passed, he turned into a valuable member of the team, and a source of joy when Luna asked some of her Private Guards to talk about their lives. He always relayed the letters he received with great happiness, and thanked her everyday after he was dismissed. One night, after a long talk with her Guard, she looked at a picture that Celestia had given, and saw a mysterious figure on a lake in the midlands of Equestria, it's pattern made it seem to be pony, but it had scales on further examination of the photo. We may have to investigate this new Kirin, one day soon, Private Blitzen.

End.