• Published 26th Jan 2024
  • 350 Views, 15 Comments

My little pony:Adventure of Seresia - Dreamy



Twilight and her friends explore and learn about cultural difference between the East and the West

  • ...
2
 15
 350

chapter1.5

Sitting in a comfortable seat with warm yellow light filling the room, the mayor looked at the few remaining papers on her desktop. After stretching a comfortable and with a yawn, she reached over and took a sip of the a cup of hot cocoa on her desk.

"Ah, another wonderful day will soon come to an end. I can rest after handling these last papers." After drinking and enjoying the last drop of hot cocoa in her cup, the mayor straightened her tie and delved back into her work. Just as she began to focus, a knock on the door interrupted her thoughts. Startled, she nearly knocked over the inkwell onto the papers.

"Please come in."

"Good evening, mayor, I apologize for bothering you so late." Twilight spoke, pushing her way into the room. Spike followed shortly who was behind her. The mayor couldn't remember the last time she had seen Twilight and immediately got up to greet her with a warm and enthusiastic tone, "Hello, princess Twilight! It's been a long time since I've seen you! Welcome back to Ponyville!!!"

"Mayor, I need ask a favor from you." Twilight said, giving the mayor a warm hug "I need to set up a temporary market in a vacant lot outside Ponyville in the next few days, and I'd like you to help me notify the everyone."

"Oh? Does the princess want to sell something in the town?" The mayor asked curiously.

"Yes. As a matter of fact, it's a batch of items from far east, and I'm sure everyone will be interested in them."

"Of course no problem! I'll make the arrangements tonight." The mayor shuffled back to her seat, ready to begin drafting the notification." Looking up from her desk, she asked "Is there anything I need to specify in particular? I'll write it down all together."

"Don't bother. Spike, please give the written notice to the mayor."

"Coming right up! Twilight knows you're really busy, so she already told me to write up the script before she came. Here, take it." Looking at the how thick the roll of manuscript paper that Spike handed over, the mayor was grateful and let out a small sigh of relief. She seemed to have forgotten just how prepared Twilight was in the long time she had been gone. Thinking back to the first time Twilight had given a speech, Twilight had prepared a thick stack of cards and thanked them for almost everything.

"If the princess doesn't mind, I'll sift through some of the important information, streamline it, and then release it to the residents." The mayor looked up at Twilight and commented after opening the manuscript paper and skimming through it

"Sure, just make sure nothing goes wrong haha" Twilight laughed. She didn't especially want the mayor mare to do that, but she knew she could trust them to get it done well.

"We are counting on you mayor, don’t stay up too late." Twilight and Spike smiled and waved after chatting with the mayor for a bit, saying their goodbyes and beginning their walk back to the Friendship Castle. Just as they arrived in front of the main door and were just about to push it, the door opened on its own. Twilight, confused, took a few steps backward.

"Good evening, ambassador, are you going out at this hour?" Twilight breathed a sigh of relief, seeing it was just Meng Yu who pushed the door open.

"Ahm the teleportation device arrived and I was just about to go out to get it, but I didn't realize that you had returned as well." Meng Yu smiled as she pushed the door fully open before stepping to the side herself to greet Twilight's return.

"A teleportation device?!" Twilight responded with surprise and curiosity.

"Yes! With the teleportation device, we can quickly transport the large amount of goods stored in the harbor."

"Can I see this teleportation device?" Twilight couldn't hide the excitement in her heart, she was eager to see what the devices the ambassador was talking about looked like.

"Of course! Look, princess, here it is."

Twilight turned her head in the direction her hooves were pointing and saw that the male guards who had left earlier in the day were coming this way with a dozen or so sturdy stallions. Each pony was carrying two dark colored stakes. Carved into the top of that wood was the head of a beast, with its eyes closed, resembling a lion. Twilight was not sure exactly the creature, but it looked ferocious. The pillar was square with sharp angles. Dense runes lined the pillars with both thick and thin lines, giving them an aura of mystery.

"This a teleportation device? Why are there so many of them?!" Twilight scrutinized the pillar in front of her, examining the runes that oozed magical fluctuations from the pillar's body, trying to imagine how the device might operate.

"Yes, princess Twilight, this device is called the Tian Ya Chu, place it on the ground and fix it in place, leaving a certain amount of space and drawing a magic formation. Then recite the corresponding incantation, and in just a blink of an eye, the item in the teleporter will appear in the middle of the spell formation." Meng Yu slowly stroked the grain of the wooden peg, and then continued.

"It allows for two-way teleportation, but the object to be must be inanimate. Magical objects also escape it’s teleportation abilities, so teleportation of Tian Ya Chu themselves cannot be done.

"I'd love to see how this device works!!!"

"Of course it's no problem, princess Twilight. But it's getting late now; we should save our work for daylight tomorrow." Meng Yu smileed as she greeted the stallion transporting the devices towards the castle.

"Why not now?" Twilight asked a bit puzzled, she was eager to see the power of these things now.

"It makes a decent amount of noise during operation, and I see that the folks in the town are resting already, so I'm afraid it might beset them." Meng Yu explained. "Leaving a good impression on the residents is best for our subsequent event isn't it?"

"That's true..." Twilight said reluctantly while smiling awkwardly, realizing she was a bit reckless. "Let's at least move them to the warehouse! I can't wait to see how these devices work!!!"