• Published 26th Jan 2024
  • 349 Views, 15 Comments

My little pony:Adventure of Seresia - Dreamy



Twilight and her friends explore and learn about cultural difference between the East and the West

  • ...
2
 15
 349

Chapter 1: Unexpected Guests

A month had passed since the coronation ceremony, and although Twilight had the help of Spike and Princess Celestia, the long hours of intense work had left her a little overwhelmed. Today was the day for Canterlot's regular weekly meeting. Twilight was sitting on a throne engraved with her cutie mark, with Princess Celestia's and Princess Luna's thrones standing to her left and right. "The meeting will now begin, please report on the week's work individually."

That familiar voice ringing in her ears snapped Twilight's attention away from the empty throne, this was the first time she had attended a meeting independently without the two princesses. The one who had just spoken was Spike, her faithful assistant, who had noticed Twilight's absent-mindedness and had deliberately raised his voice to remind her. "Mr. Fancy Pants, let's start with you."

"My pleasure, Your Highness."

Spike eased up a little after seeing that Twilight finally shifted her eyes away from the thrones and back to the famous politicians in the venue. But unknown to Spike, Twilight wasn't even listening to the fancy-dressed ponies on the stage; her mind was filled with memories of what had happened a couple of days ago. The two Princesses had expressed to Twilight that they wanted to go to the beach for a couple of days, confident in Twilight’s abilities to succeed without their aid. The management of the weekly meeting and today's daily workload was left fully in her hooves. Princess Celestia's kind and funny-sounding words reached Twilight's head, but at that moment she felt a fear comparable to as if she was an inexperienced baker creating her first batch of baked goods.

"That's all I wanted to say, Your Highness."

"Very well, is there anything else Princess Twilight would like to say?"

Spike asked as he intently and with speed recorded the last of the colt's reports while the other colts aligned their eyes together on the princess. A few seconds of silence made Spike immediately realize that something was wrong. He turned his head to Twilight who was lost in a daze of memories and firmly bumped his elbow into her hoof.

"Ah!... No... I'm listening!"

Puzzled eyes from the stage gazed at her, trying to make sense of the princess's borderline unintelligible reply. Spike slapped his forehead helplessly, then rushed on, "I guess what Princess Twilight is trying to say is that she has nothing more to add, right?"

"Uh... Right! There's nothing more I need to add! Everyone did a great job!!" Realizing her lapse, Twilight hurriedly tried to ease the awkward scene with a smile.

"If you all have no other questions, this meeting will end for now, please leave in an orderly fashion. The princess and I have some things to discuss."

After seeing the colts on stage start to whisper, Spike hastily ordered the meeting to end and ushered them out, closing the door behind them He knew that Twilight would freak out if she heard these politicians and celebrities bad-mouthing her on stage.

"What's happened to you today? you look so inattentive." Spike asked, walking back and hopping boldly on Princess Celestia's throne. He gazed over at Twilight and saw her sitting paralyzed in her seat.

"I'm so sorry... Spike, I'll never get used to this kind of work... I was so confident! But... Princess Celestia and Princess Luna were both away and I just felt so overwhelmed and lost." Twilight shifted, finding a relatively comfortable position to lie on her back. Her sights were set on the grand glass painting mounted on the wall of the hall depicting her taking over from the two princesses in governing Equestria.

"No more backup? Hey Twilight, you'll have to go through this sooner or later, and it's a lot easier than saving Equestria! Did you forget that time you pat yourself on the back for being perfectly capable of handling this?" Spike joked, gathering up the recordings he held in his claws.

"Did I say that?"

"A month ago. When you, me, and the other ponies were here directing the work ponies to set up your throne."

"Well..."

"I distinctly remember Rarity said that if you needed help you could always call on them, and then you confidently replied: I'm perfectly fine~ Don't worry about it." Twilight shook her head and presented an embarrassed, but nonchalant smile. Spike quickly realized that she had completely forgotten about it.

"Well, you're so busy I think it's OK for you to forget it. Though... I have a suggestion, how about you take a lunch break and after that, we can get a massage! Rarity introduced me to a new massage parlor in Canterlot. She said that the service and experience there are great, and she even gave me a couple of membership vouchers to take you to experience it during your free time~" Spike bragged, pulling out two vouchers from his belt pouch and presenting them to Twilight.

"Huh? Wait a minute... when did you talk to Rarity? You have been around with me all month?!" Twilight asked as she took the membership voucher, surveyed it, and then looked at him quizzically.

"Come on... These vouchers were given to me by Rarity a month ago! She specifically told me to make sure I took you when you had some free time. She worried that you'd stress yourself out."

"Well... ~A cozy massage might be what I need to relieve the tension and depression I've been feeling for a while now." Twilight said, getting up and beginning to walk towards the door. Suddenly, Twilight stopped in her tracks, seizing up like a machine.

"Wait! What if a pony suddenly comes with something really important while we are gone? Like some kind of international diplomacy, border strife, or something! And because because we aren’t there things go from bad to worse! And then Princess Celestia and Princess Luna got so angry that they sent me to the moon! No way... I have to hurry up and draft a countermeasure against this kind of thing!"

"Here we go again... your ‘twilighting’ is getting worse..." Spike muttered, completely ignoring Twilight's order for him to start documenting this new plan. Spike reached into his fanny pack and sifted around for a bit before pulling out a small card and inspecting the text on it. The card described a series of consoling measures he and the other five ponies had prepared specifically to help Twilight deal with the exponential surge in paranoia she had been experiencing since she was placed into power. The card included, but was not limited to: tasty food, books of interest, and a party. But after flipping through several of them, Spike couldn't find what he felt was the right solution.


"Dang... this just isn’t going to work." He thought to himself. After a short while, Spike decided that he'd better resort to the simplest and crudest way to solve the current situation: A well-meaning lie.

"Didn't we just make a plan the other day?"

"What plan?"

"Look at you, all this work is getting to you. Have you forgotten that you already drew up the plan to give yourself half a day's rest after today's meeting?"

"Did I really plan that? Show me the schedule!"

"Uh… yeah! It's right here in my bag!!!" Spike hurriedly grabbed a brand new scroll from his bag, Ignoring the questioning look Twilight threw at him. Using his body as cover, he scrawled a plan onto the fresh scroll. The forged plan was finished in no time. The words on it were nearly illegible, but he couldn't care less right now.

"Here!! take a look! Even has your signature on it." Twilight squinted and stepped forward to take a closer look. Spike, knowing that his imitation of Twilight's signature wouldn't stand up to a closer look, quickly stored the scroll back in his bag. He couldn’t risk being found out.

"Ah? I signed a schedule like that?" Puzzled, Twilight looked up, her hoof scratching at her head as she tried to remember where that planner in Spike's paw had come from. But the longer she thought about it, the more disorganized her thoughts became.

"Well, well, since I have this plan... Better hurry up and execute it then~ My little royal counselor, lead the way!"

"Huh?" Spike froze for a moment at the sudden contrast in Twilight’s attitude. Before he could react, he was grabbed by Twilight with her magic. The guards at the door saluted as they left and Spike hurriedly took the opportunity to throw a ball of paper in front of one of them. He signaled for the guard to open it before he was carried away by Twilight, disappearing down the corridor as the guards watched.