• Published 25th May 2012
  • 681 Views, 2 Comments

Don't Stop Believing - Mitslits



Dawn's Glow and Indigo Moon are two very different ponies. Find out what happens when they come together. Follow their story as it is told t

  • ...
 2
 681

Goin' Anywhere

Goin' Anywhere

Indigo's eyelids began to droop as the sun peered over the horizon. Thankfully, the train came to a halt. He nudged Dawn's Glow and her eyes popped open.

She leaped up. "Come on!" The cream unicorn leaped off of the train and onto a small wooden platform. "Welcome to Coltshire!" She stood on her hind legs and threw her forelegs into the air. One of the trashy ponies sidled up to her, but was soon deterred by a swift and well delivered kick in the face.

Indigo Moon dragged himself onto the platform. He stumbled over to his companion and yawned. "How can you be so energetic at this unholy hour?"

Dawn hopped up and down in excitement. "I want to explore!" She finally noticed her friend's drooping eyelids and clumsy hooves. Her lips curved into a sympathetic smile and her ice blue eyes softened. "Let's find a hotel. You can get some sleep and I-", she fell silent. "And I don't have any money whatsoever", she finished.

Indy made it to a wooden bench and collapsed, already snoring.

Dawn laughed out loud. She sauntered off, marveling at the larger shops. This was certainly a hot spot. She suddenly heard a loud, bubbly laugh from inside a sweet shop. "Benny's Bakery", she read. Dawn's Glow trotted up to one of the windows and she peered in.

A pink earth pony with frizzy pink mane and tail was digging in to a large pastry while five others looked on. One was a beautiful white unicorn with a purple mane and tail. She was grimacing in disgust and seemed to be complaining about table manners. A yellow pegasus with long light pink mane and tail watched in silent fascination. An orange earth pony with blonde main and tail and a weathered cowboy hat was nodding sagely and then she glanced over to another table.

Dawn's Glow followed her gaze and gasped. Twenty five plates were stacked on top of each other. Apparently, this wasn't the pink pony's first dessert. She returned her eyes to the table with the friends crowded around it.

A purple unicorn seemed to be saying something to the eating pony, but Dawn couldn't hear her. Finally her eyes found the last pony. Or rather, the last pegasus. She could hear this one. A light blue pegasus with rainbow mane and tail was hovering above the table, hooves thrust high into the air, cheering on her friend.

"Woo! Yeah! Go Pinkie Pie!" the blue pegasus shouted.

Dawn became caught up in the excitement. She burst through the door, screaming cheers for the pink pony. All the others stopped what they were doing and stared at the newcomer. Then Pinkie Pie looked up from her pastry and grinned widely. "Yeah!" She plunged her muzzle back in and chomped away.

"Yeeha!" the orange one said, smirking up at the cyan pegasus.

"Woohoo", the yellow one said softly.

The rainbow pegasus glared down at the orange one, then cracked a smile. "Oh what the hay. You win, Applejack." She then pumped her hoof in the air and resumed her cheering for Pinkie Pie.

"Oh, that is simply a horrendous display, Pinkie", the white unicorn commented. "I cannot watch", she stated, but she didn't turn her eyes away.

The purple unicorn looked over at Dawn's Glow. She walked sedately over to her. "Hello, my name is Twilight Sparkle. These are my friends. I apologize if we startled you", she said. "Sometimes they can be a bit...overwhelming." She smiled at them and returned to her chair.

Dawn felt as if she was intruding so she went out of the store. She sighed and trotted back to the bench to wait for the train. She thought she remembered Indigo Moon saying something about it arriving at noon.