• Published 21st Oct 2023
  • 486 Views, 21 Comments

My Little Pony: Friendship Blazes - Royal Pony Dude

  • ...
1
 21
 486

Chapter 1-From Dusk to Dawn Part 1

As time moves on, both Twilight and Sunset best of the students in the school as they have dragon buddies when they hatched during their exams a purple dragon named Spike and a blue and orange dragon, named Jake however Jake gets his right eye blinded during a magic lesson from Celestia making it pitch black.

10 years later...

Sunset was sleeping on the couch without a care in the world, as Jake was searching the library for books to read out of boredom.

Twilight was walking back towards her house after doing some studying "I've gotta get back home and get all this studying done."

“Twilight!? Is there anything interesting to read?!” Jake called.

She rolled her eyes hearing him from outside "Everything is interesting if you give it a chance!" She called back.

"I read every book in this place!" He said then got tackled by Spike.

"Hey!" Jake called. "You want to get rough, let's get rough!" He said as they wrestled.

Twilight walked in, seeing them wrestling.

“Watch for fragile objects," Sunset told them. "So, Twilight, what brings you here?"

"Oh you know, enjoy some reading, but that's not why, have you heard about the Mare in the Moon?" Twilight asked her.

"Some of it, something about a nightmarish alicorn named Nightmare Moon tried to bring eternal night in Equestria but was stopped by Celestia when she used the Elements of Harmony to send her to the moon," Sunset replied as two dragons continued to fight. "Isn't that an old ponies' tale?"

"I thought so, myself but it turns out that on the longest day of the 1,000th year, the stars will aid in her escape and bring nighttime eternally," Twilight said then she gasped before getting Sunset's face "Do you know what this means?!"

"Uh, I'm going on a limb and say no," Sunset gulped a bit.

"Don't you see, today just happened to be the eve of the Summer Sun Celebration, the longest day of the year, meaning Nightmare Moon is planning on her escape?! We have to warn Princess Celestia, at once!" Twilight exclaimed.

Sunset used her magic on Spike and Jake and separated them.

"If you two stop beating the crap out of each other, Jake I need to write a letter to the princess," Sunset said.

"Sure, Sunset," Jake got out a paper and feather quill.

"Dear Princess Celestia, As Twilight and I continue our studies of pony magic we have discovered something that can bring doom to Equestria as Nightmare Moon is planning to make her return and bring The Eternal Night. Something must be done to stop her from doing it. Both of us, wait for your quick response. Your students, Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer. Got that?"

"Yep!" Jake finished writing and sent it away with dragon breath. "And sent."

“Do you think she’ll respond right away?” Twilight asked.

"I dunno, Twily, she busy getting ready for the Celebration, I really doubt she'll respond right away," Sunset raises a brow.

As soon as she said it, Jake breathed out a letter.

"Okay, maybe she did," Sunset grabbed the letter with her magic.

"What does it say?" Twilight said.

"It says My great students, I am aware of said prophecy and I can assure you that I have accounted for everything. On a separate note, I have a task for you both. I will be sending you to Ponyville to oversee preparations for the summer sun celebration with an extra goal... make some friends. From your Princess Celestia. " Sunset told her which Twilight gasped at the last part.


The two unicorns and the two dragons were on a carriage in the air being pulled by two royal guard pegasi.

“Look on the bright side Twilight. Princess Celestia arranged for us to stay in a library. That’s a lot of books for me- I mean, us to read. Doesn’t that make you happy?” Spike asked.

Twilight smiled. “Yes, yes it does. Do you know why? Because I'm right! I'll check on the preparations as fast as I can, then get to the library to find some proof of Nightmare Moon's return.”

“And what about making friends?” Spike asked.

"She said to make friends, which means we do our royal duty," Twilight told him. "Besides it's not like the fate of Equestria will rely on us making friends."

"Twi, you know how creative Celestia gets with our lessons? Besides, you didn't come to Moondancer's get-together earlier," Sunset told her as the carriage began to land.

“Thank you, sirs,” Twilight told them. The two guards nodded with a satisfied whinny.

“Maybe the ponies in Ponyville will have some interesting things to talk about,” Spike said as they saw a pink pony trotting their way.

"Oh, what the heck, why not?" Sunset said giving it a shot as the pink pony greeted them. "Hello."

The pony lets out a prolonged gasp before zipping off. The four looked at her in shock.

"Well, that was interesting all right,” Sunset said.


The four made their way to a farm nearing Ponyville.

“Summer Sun Celebration official overseer's checklist. Number one, banquet preparations: Sweet Apple Acres.” Spike said as he was looking at the checklist.

“Yeehaw!” An orange mare was heard yelling. The Quadro sees her run to a tree, buck it, and knock all of the apples into the buckets under the trees.

“Let’s get this over with.” Twilight sighed then walked forward. "Good afternoon, I'm Twilight Sparkle."

"Well, howdy do, Miss Twilight," The orange mare greeted her shaking her hand fastly. "I'm Applejack. We here at Sweet Apple Acres sure do like makin' new friends!” The orange mare was introduced.

“Friends? Oh no, I’m not here for” Twilight tried to say.

“So, what can I do you for?” Applejack asked with a wink as Sunset came in.

"Well, I'm here with my friend Twilight, to supervise preparations for the Summer Sun Celebration. And you're in charge of the food?” Bandit asked.

“We sure as sugar are! Would you care to sample some?” Applejack offered.

“Sure, we got time,” Sunset said. Applejack zipped off and started ringing a triangle.

“Soup's on, everypony!” She said. Ponies started to file in. Pushing the four to a table.

“Now, why don't I introduce y'all to the Apple family?” Applejack offered.

“Thanks, but we really need to hurry—” Twilight said in an attempt to get out of it. Quickly, ponies were stacking food on the table.

“This here's Apple Fritter. Apple Bumpkin. Red Gala. Red Delicious, Golden Delicious, Caramel Apple, Apple Strudel, Apple Tart, Baked Apples, Apple Brioche, Apple Cinnamon Crisp…” She listed the family members before taking a deep breath. “Big Macintosh [points to a large red stallion, holding a green cupcake with an apple slice on top of the icing]. Apple Bloom [points to a vanilla-colored filly with a red mane and pink bow]. And-” She shoves an apple in Twilight's mouth before pointing to a light green, elderly mare, sleeping in a rocking chair. “Granny Smith.”

“Up'n'attem, Granny Smith, we got guests,” Applejack said. She snorts as she wakes up.

“Wha..? Soup's on? I'm up, here I come, ahm comin'...” Granny Smith said as she walked over to them.

“Why, I'd say you're already part of the family!” Applejack said. Twilight spat out the apple and laughed nervously.

“Okay, well, I can see the food situation is handled, so we'll be on our way,” Twilight said. The ponies started to look sad.

“Aren't you gonna stay for brunch?” Apple Bloom asked with puppy eyes and a quivering lip.

"Come on Twilight, we shouldn't turn down their hospitality. Besides this will give us a taste test and I'm starving."

"Fine, maybe we can stay for a quick bite," Twilight changed her thought. The apple family’s frowns flipped as they cheered.


"Ugh... I think I ate too much pie." Twilight said being sluggish.

"Dang, those Apple can cook good," Sunset said. "The thing on the list that a pegasus named Rainbow Dash to clear the clouds."

Well, she isn't doing a good job," Twilight stated then out of nowhere a lighting beam crashed into her and landed her in a mud puddle. The beam was a pegasus with a rainbow mane and tail looking at Twilight.

"Whoops, uh, Excuse me," She said to her. "Let me help."

She pushes a cloud over Twilight and Rainbow Dash jumps on top of the cloud, coating Twilight in rain.

"No need thank me your quite welcome," The mare stopped the cloud and zipped around giving Twilight's mane a puffed look.

"Great my mane is ruined," Twilight grumbled a bit. "Let me guess, you're Rainbow Dash."

"The one and only, why you've heard of me?"

"I've heard you're supposed to be keeping the sky clear. I'm Twilight Sparkle and this Sunset Shimmer. We're supervising the Celebration."

"I get on it, just I'm done practicing."

"Practing for what?"

“The Wonderbolts! They're gonna perform at the Celebration tomorrow.” Rainbow Dash explained. "And I'm going gonna show them everything I got,” Rainbow said with a smug smile.

"Really, there's no way, the best flyers in Equestria would be anyone who can't clear a couple of clouds for a couple of hours,” Sunset said with a smirk.

"Hey, I can clear the sky in ten seconds flat," Rainbow exclaimed.

"Prove it."

"Bet."

Rainbow Dash nodded and zipped off and she began clearing the clouds at a fast-neck pace.

Both unicorns followed her movements. Both were amazed at what they were seeing.

“Loop-de-loop around, and wham! What'd I say? Ten. Seconds. Flat. We'd never leave Ponyville hanging!” Rainbow said. Twilight's mouth was agape.

“You should see the look on your face! Ha! You're a laugh, Twilight Sparkle. I can't wait to hang out some more. You too, Sunset."

"Those two were amazing,” Spike said. He looked at Twilight and started laughing at her mane. Twilight rolled her eyes and walked off.

"It's pretty funny when you get used to it!" Spike followed her.

"Sunset, I go check on the decor, you and Jake and got the music?"

"You bet, we'll meet back at the library," Sunset said then the two went their separate ways.


Twilight and Spike went inside the Town Hall. Once inside the town hall, Spike checked the next set of preparations to check up on. ''Next up...Decorations.'' He said before taking one look at the beautiful decorations. ''Beautiful...'' He then sighed dreamily.

''Yes, looks like the decor is coming along just nicely. This ought to be quick, I'll be at the library in no time. You're right about one thing, they're beautiful indeed.'' Twilight agreed on where they were placed and how beautiful they all looked. ''No...not the decor, her,'' Spike said as he shook his head and pointed to another unicorn pony.

This pony's coat was white, she had a purple mane and tail which were wavy, a pair of dark blue eyes, light blue eye-shadow, and a cutie mark of three blue lozenge diamonds. But what caught Spike's attention the most, was that she was very gorgeous. The unicorn was currently going through the different ribbons to see which one would be best to have.

''No, no, no, oh! Great Scott no.'' She said to herself. All the while, Spike had the looks of someone who just fell in love instantly.

''How are my spines? Are they straight?'' He asked Twilight with excitement, trying to make himself look good.

Twilight rolled her eyes while laughing in her mind before going over to greet the white unicorn. Looks like someone has a crush.

''Good afternoon...'' Twilight began, the unicorn then spoke before Twilight could even say anything else.


''Just a moment, please! I'm in the zone.'' She said while looking through a couple more ribbons.

''Oh, yes. A touch of sparkle always does the trick does it not? Why, Rarity, you really are a talent.'' The mare called Rarity said after finding the perfect red ribbon. She then turned towards Twilight before speaking.

''Now, um, how can I help yo...'' But before she could continue to speak, Rarity took notice of Twilight's messy mane and yelped in surprise. ''Oh my stars, darling! Whatever happened to your coiffure?!'' She asked as if she was afraid of Twilight's messy mane.

''Oh, you mean my mane? Well, it's a long story. Anyways, I'm just here to check up on the decorations and then I'll be out of your hair.'' Twilight said after taking notice of why Rarity was frightened.

''Out of my hair? What about your hair?'' Rarity said before trotting over to Twilight. She then started pushing Twilight somewhere. ''Wait! Where are we going?! Help!'' Twilight called out, but Rarity still insisted that she come with her to fix her mane and tail. The situation with Twilight is bad enough when Spike is following Rarity and is completely oblivious to the situation at hand.

At the place known as Carousel Boutique...

Rarity was trying to find the outfit that suited Twilight best, but unfortunately for the purple unicorn, the white mare was taking ages to find the best one.


''No, no, uh-uh. Too green. Too yellow. Too poofy. Not poofy enough. To frilly. Too...shiny.'' She said as she got Twilight to try on several outfits, eventually, she found a perfect outfit for Twilight.

''Now go on, my dear. You were telling me about where you're from.'' Rarity asked Twilight as she was tightening the outfit that she had on her. ''I've...been sent...from Canterlot...to...'' Twilight managed to say, it was hard to speak because of Rarity tightening the outfit. After hearing the word Canterlot however, Rarity stopped tightening and let go, causing Twilight to crash on the other side of the boutique.

''Canterlot?! Oh, I am so envious! The glamour, the sophistication! I have always dreamed of living up there! I can't wait to hear all about it! We are going to be the best of friends, you and I...'' Rarity said with absolute delight to know that Twilight was from Canterlot...until she noticed that there was something off about the outfit Twilight was wearing. ''Emeralds?! What was I thinking? Let me get you some rubies!'' She said with glee as she ran off to find some rubies.

But to Twilight, she knew this was bad. ''Quick! Before she decides to dye my coat a new color!'' Twilight said before running off. Spike on the other hand was just too distracted to run.


With Sunset and Jake...

"So, Sunset, what do you think of this place so far?” Jaek asked as he was on Sunset's back.

"So far, not bad, the ponies here are quite friendly than the ones Canterlot," Sunset replied.

Suddenly, the two hear chirping from birds.

“Shh,” Sunset says before hiding in a bush. She looked out to see the source of the music; it was a flock of different birds all singing together.

However, they weren't doing this by themselves, they were actually taught how to sing like that by another female pegasus pony. Unlike the last pegasus, this one was different. Her coat was light yellow, her mane and tail were pink and her eyes were teal colored. She also had a cutie mark consisting of three butterflies with cyan bodies and pink wings.

She was currently working on the birds' singing and then noticed that one of the birds was singing out of the key. ''Oh my. Um, stop please, everyone, um.'' The yellow pegasus said politely, one thing that was noted about her, she was really shy. The pegasus then flew up to the bluebird who was singing off-key. ''Excuse me, sir? I mean, no offense, but your rhythm is just a teeny-tiny bit off.'' She said in the nicest possible way.

After speaking nice, the yellow pegasus then prepared to hear her bird friends sing gain. ''Alright now, follow me, please. A-one, a-two, a-one two three...'' She said, preparing to teach her birds to sing again until another voice spoke up.

“Hello?” Sunset’s voice spoke, startling the birds, and the yellow pegasus. She turned to see the changeling giant behind her.

“Oh, I’m really sorry, I didn’t mean to scare your birds away,” Sunset said. “I’m just here to check on the music. “I’m Sunset, what’s your name?”

“I’m Fluttershy.” She answered quietly.

“I’m sorry, what was that?”

“Um…..I’m Fluttershy.” She repeated, speaking very shyly.

“I’m really sorry, I didn’t catch that,” Bandit said then Jake hopped off.

“I think she said her name was Fluttershy,” Jake said. Fluttershy lets out a gasp as she zips over to Jake.

“Oh my goodness! A baby dragon!"She happily said, scaring off the birds that just come back. “Aren’t you just the cutest thing!”

Jake blushes happily.

“Hehe, thank you.” He said bashfully.

“What’s your name?” Fluttershy asked.

"Jake."

“Well Jake, you are such a cutie pie. Is he yours?"

"Yeah, I hatch him when I did the entrance exam for Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns. He's been with me since I remember one time when he was little he would sneak out of the Princess's quarters and only sleep with me knawing on my mane all night," Sunset chuckled a bit.

"You know I never met a dragon before, can you care to tell me about them? You specifically?" Fluttershy asked.

"Well, it started like this...." Jake told his story.


Fluttershy and Jake were still talking about Chad by the time the sun was setting into the mountains. ''...and that's the story of my whole entire life...well up until today that is," Jake said, finally finishing his story.

“That is all very fascinating,” Fluttershy said with a smile. Sunset looked ahead and saw Twilight running to the library and sliding to a stop. She still had on the outfit Rarity put her in.

“Oh, hi Twilight. Is that new” Sunset tried to ask, but Twilight ran inside the library. Sunset looked back at Fluttershy. “Nice meeting you Flutter-” Twilight opened the door, grabbed Sunset, and pulled her inside. “-shy.”


Inside the dark library, the four walked to the middle of the room.

“Way to be rude, Twilight. She was pretty nice,” Sunset said as Twilight took the outfit off and threw it across the room.

“Sorry, but we have to convince the Princess that Nightmare Moon is coming, and we're running out of time! I just need to be alone so I can study without a bunch of crazy ponies trying to make friends all the time. Now, where's the light?” Twilight said.

The lights came on, revealing the library to be full of ponies. Twilight and Spike jumped out of surprise.

“Surprise!” The ponies exclaimed. A kazoo blows next to them. Twilight lets out an annoyed groan.

“Surprise!” The pink pony from earlier exclaimed. “Hi, I'm Pinkie Pie, and I threw this party just for you! Were you surprised? Were ya? Were ya? Huh huh huh?”

“Very. For many reasons, the number one being how did you get in here?”

“I thought libraries are supposed to be quiet,” Twilight said.

“Well, that's silly! What kind of welcome party would this be if it were quiet? I mean, duh, bo-ring! Y'see, I saw you when you first got here, remember? You were all "hello" and I was all [deep gasp], remember? Y'see I've never seen you before and if I've never seen you before that means you're new, 'cause I know everypony, and I mean everypony in Ponyville!” Pinkie Pie said in a jolly tone. Bandit gave an unamused look and walked to the table. Twilight walked beside him.

“And if you're new, that meant you haven't met anyone yet, and if you haven't met anyone yet, you must not have any friends, and if you don't have any friends then you must be lonely, and that made me so sad, then I had an idea, and that's why I went [deep gasp]! I must throw a great big ginormous super-duper spectacular welcome party and invite everyone in Ponyville! See? And now you have lots and lots of friends!” Pinkie explained. As she was talking, Twilight was pouring herself a drink but she didn't know that she was pouring in hot sauce.

"Uh, Twilight,” She said trying to warn her. Right on cue, Twilight got red in the face and began tearing up.

“Are you all right, sugarcube?” Applejack asked.

“She doesn’t look too good," Rainbow said. Twilight ran off upstairs.

“Aww, she's so happy she's crying!” Pinkie said. Jake picked up the hot sauce.

“Hot sauce.” He read. He poured some onto a cupcake and ate it. “Hmm…. could use some sprinkles.”

Then everyone looked at him.

"What? I'm a dragon. I like it spicy," Jake defended himself.

As the party was going on downstairs, Twilight was on her bed, looking out of the window, as well as at the clock.

Then Sunset came in.

"Hey, Twilight, you're missing the fun! Pinkie Pie is about to start Pin the Tail on The Pony," Sunset said. "Do want to join?"

"No! All the ponies in this town are crazy! Do you know what time it is?!” Twilight exclaimed.

“It's the eve of the Summer Sun Celebration. Everypony has to stay up, or they'll miss the Princess Raise the sun,” Sunset explained but Twilight deadpanned her. "I get it, we're supposed to be finding a way to learn more about the elements but you should light up and have some fun, the princess said she had to take precautions of it. Buck, maybe she won't come. Anyway, it's time to watch the sunrise."

Sunset closes the door leaving Twilight in the room looking at the window.

"Maybe Sunset's right? What if it is only an old pony tale?" Twilight felt dejected then headed out as well.


The four walked to the town hall. Everypony from Ponyville had gathered to watch their beloved Princess raise the sun. It was the building where Twilight had met Rarity before. Pinkie hopped beside them.

“Isn't this exciting? Are you excited, 'cause I'm excited, I've never been so excited— well, except for the time that I saw you walking into town and I went-” Pinkie performed a deep gasp. “-but I mean really, who can top that?” As Pinkie spotted,

At that moment, a fanfare done by Fluttershy and her birds was heard and a spotlight was pointed onto the stage where the town's mayor was. "Fillies and gentle colts, as mayor of Ponyville, it is my great pleasure to announce the beginning of the Summer Sun Celebration!" Mayor Mare spoke as everypony cheered.

"Sunset, I got a bad feeling about this," Twilight told her.

"You don't have to tell me twice," Sunset nodded and then looked at the moon to see it was a full moon. What the buck? Why is it a full moon? Oh ****!

"And now, it is my great honor to introduce to you the ruler of our land, the very pony who gives us the sun and the moon each and every day, the good, the wise, the bringer of harmony to all of Equestria..." The Mayor continued, getting everypony excited.

"Ready?" Fluttershy asked her birds who were all prepared to sing. "...Princess Celestia!" The Mayor announced, allowing the spotlight to be pointed to the balcony for her appearance. When that happened the fanfare started up again and Rarity drew back the curtains to reveal...

Nopony…

"Huh?" Rarity said as she and many other ponies chatted quietly but nervously about this.

"Ohh, this can't be good," Twilight said.

"Princess Celestia?” Sunset said with confusion.

"Remain calm everypony. There must be a reasonable explanation for this!" The Mayor said, feeling nervous herself.

"Ooh, ooh, I love guessing games! Is she hiding?" Pinkie asked with excitement.

"She's gone!" Rarity exclaimed. Speaking this had caused everypony to gasp in horror.

"Ooh, she's good!" Pinkie said, but suddenly yelped when a dark blue mist appeared on the platform, making everypony very frightened. "Oh no...it's..." Twilight started.

She got cut off as the mist formed a tall black mare with terrifying wings, a sharp horn, dragon-shaped pupils, a cutie mark of a luminous moon, and a flowing mane and tail made from the same mist thus making Jake gulp, and Spike fainted. And Twilight's worst nightmare had come true as Nightmare Moon had returned.

"Oh, my beloved subjects. It's been so long since I've seen your precious little sun-loving faces." Nightmare Moon spoke as everyone cowered in fear...well, apart from one pony.

"What did you do with our Princess?!" Rainbow Dash asked angrily before trying to take on Nightmare Moon, only to be stopped by Applejack. "Woah there Nelly..." She said with a muffled voice as Nightmare Moon chuckled evilly. "Why, am I not royal enough for any of you? Don't any of you know who I am?" The wicked mare asked with everypony too afraid to answer.

"Ooh, ooh, more guessing games! Um, Hokey Smokes! How about...Queen Meanie! No Black Snooty, Black Snooty..." Pinkie said before Applejack shoved a cupcake into her mouth.

"Does my crown no longer count now that I have been imprisoned for 1000 years?" Nightmare Moon asked angrily towards Fluttershy. "Did you not recall the legend? Did you not see the signs?" She continued while taunting Rarity.

"I did!" Everypony turned around to Sunset speaking up. "I know who you are! You're the Mare in the Moon, Nightmare Moon!" then all the ponies gasped.

"Looks like some pony does remember me," Nightmare Moon chuckles a bit. "Not that I know. Remember this day, little ponies, for it was your last day ever. So from this moment forth, the night will last FOREVER!" Nightmare Moon said as she laughed wickedly with thunder appearing now the question remains who can stop her from bringing nighttime eternal?

To be continued...

Author's Note:

Well, what a way to start.

Join us next time, as Twilight and Sunset must find a way to stop Nightmare Moon before it is too late...