• Published 4th Nov 2023
  • 131 Views, 2 Comments

Terrors at Nightmare Night - RushingWind-01



Rushing Wind takes Fluttershy out for her second Nightmare Night. However, when a magic demon attacks Equestria, only one with a pure heart can save the world...

  • ...
 2
 131

Chapter 1 - Nightmare Night is back!

Author's Note:

I started writing this story about two days ago, so I had to come up with ideas quickly so that it would be finished in time for October 31st.

Despite that, I hope you'll enjoy it!

Fluttershy's Cottage, Morning...

It was a beautiful autumn morning in Equestria. Fluttershy opened her eyes and yawned as she got out of her bed. After washing herself, she went over to her calendar and flipped the date. However, what she then saw, made the blood in her veins freeze.

"Oh my...", she thought.

It was October 31st. Nightmare Night. The one day in the year in which she would usually hide under her bed and sit out the night. The one night of scary pranks, terrifying costumes and an atmosphere that makes you shiver...

Fluttershy remembered one specific Nightmare Night, in which she actually made something scary for her friends, and even though she was successful, she actually felt bad about it. Her friends comforted her and praised her for this amazing setup, but despite that, Fluttershy decided to stay home for future Nightmare Nights.

"I mean, it's not like it wasn't fun setting this up, but I scared my friends with that...", Fluttershy thought upon recalling this memory.

She shook it off and went ahead to tending to her animals. After doing that, she decided to head for Ponyville to run the remaining errands before preparing her hiding place for the night.


Ponyville, later that day...

Over in Ponyville, everypony was already setting up for the big event. Decorations with several Nightmare Night motives like ghosts and pumpkins were being placed all over the town. Fluttershy already shivered from just looking at them.

"Come on, Fluttershy. It's not night time yet. Just calm down and do what you need to take care of.", she thought.

She took a deep breath. It calmed her down, that's certain. But it still didn't help the fact that these decorations looked scary indeed.

Reaching the first stand, one that sold carrots for Angel, Fluttershy saw that the salespony was facing away from her. "Um, excuse me?", she said.

The salespony turned around and said: "Yes, what can I do for you, miss?"

Fluttershy startled and backed away. The salespony was dressed in a scary-looking costume, in a dark blue cloak with a skeleton mask.

"Uh, are you okay, miss?", asked the salespony.

Fluttershy calmed down and said: "Y-yes. It's just... That costume on you... It startled me..."

"Oh, that's what I wear for Nightmare Night.", said the salespony and took off his mask, "I'm sorry if I scared you with it."

Fluttershy giggled. "Already forgiven.", she said, "Now, can I have two dozen carrots?"

The salespony took out two bundles holding twelve carrots each. Fluttershy paid for these orange vegetables and continued on with her shopping tour. As she walked from stand to stand to purchase everything she needed to prepare herself for Nightmare Night, something was going on over in the Carousel Boutique...


Rushing Wind was at the Carousel Boutique, already dressed in his costume, making him look like a demon hunter, complete with a skeleton dragon mask. Inside the store, Rarity worked on something that he ordered.

"But darling, are you sure that she will like this costume?", Rarity asked, furrowing a brow.

Rushing Wind nodded. "I am sure.", he said, "This will look very impressive on her."

As Rarity continued working, she asked Rushing Wind: "Hey, are you going to join in on our Nightmare Night party over at Sweet Apple Acres? I heard Applejack has got some really scary stuff ready for us."

"Yeah, sure thing.", Rushing Wind said, "But I have to do something before joining you. I have to pay someone a visit, and hopefully, I can get them along for the party."

Rarity giggled. "So this is pretty much the classic late entrance that we're used to from you, Rush.", she said.

"Yeah. But I can tell you, it will be worth it.", Rushing Wind said. However, his thoughts ran through his mind. "Or at least, I hope that Fluttershy will join us... She hates Nightmare Night."

He knew about that. Unlike Fluttershy, Rushing Wind loved Nightmare Night. Dressing yourself as whatever you want, something scary or something cute, it was your own pick. But the main thing was to have fun with your friends despite all that, and that's what he's going to try and teach Fluttershy. All she would need was this costume...

"Rush, are you okay?", asked Rarity, slightly worried.

Rushing Wind snapped out of his thoughts. "Yeah, I'm fine.", he said, "Just a little lost in thoughts."

"Well, I got the costume ready.", Rarity said.

Rushing Wind took out a little bag with bits inside. He put it on the table and took the costume. "Thanks, Rarity.", he said, "I'll see you later at the party!" And with these words, Rushing Wind left the Carousel Boutique. He then headed to his Ponyville residence to prepare something before heading over to Fluttershy's cottage later today...


Fluttershy's Cottage, Evening...

Fluttershy returned home a little earlier after taking care of her errands in town. After having dinner, she prepared her hiding place under her bed for Nightmare Night, which was nothing more than a bright lamp, a good book and the company of a few of her animal friends.

"Okay, my friends... Are you ready for the story?", Fluttershy asked. Her animal friends responded with agreement. And then, she was getting comfortable and ready to start reading...