• Published 6th Oct 2023
  • 519 Views, 25 Comments

The Return of King Sombra - Dragon-Master-31



King Sombra returns to Equestria and he plans to get his revenge on the Princess of Friendship. However, unlike every other villain before him, Sombra has a plan...

  • ...
1
 25
 519

The Queen Meets The King

Somewhere in a deep dark forest, the woodland creatures were going about their business when a loud noise scared them.



“(Growl) Those stupid ponies!” Chrysalis yelled as she smashed a hole into a tree with her hoof. “I can never get them out of my head! Curse you, Twilight Sparkle! You and your stupid friends!” Chrysalis screamed as she used her magic to rip a tree out of the ground.



Then with one loud grunt, Chrysalis tossed the tree to the side, creating a loud crash. Chrysalis walked over to the tree and used her magic to pick up a stick and began to carve a very poor sketch of Starlight's face. Once the sketch was finished, Chrysalis chuckled to herself.



“(Chuckle) But of course, I haven't forgotten about you, Starlight Glimmer! I despise you the most out of everypony in all of Equestria! You stole everything from me! I ought to crush you!” Chrysalis yelled as she smashed her hoof against the sketch, destroying it. “Perhaps I ought to capture you and your friends, torture each of you individually, or maybe just maybe I could put all of you in a game of suffering! Perhaps I could just kill all of your friends right before your eyes!” Chrysalis yelled before something interrupted her evil plans.



Why don't you do that then, Chrysalis?



“Simple! Because the ponies are always so-HEY!!” Chrysalis yelled as she suddenly flared her wings and hissed loudly. “Who said that!?” Chrysalis hissed as she looked around, the strange and mysterious voice calling out again.



It would be so wonderful to watch those ponies suffer horrible fates, don't you agree, Chrysalis?



“Of course, I do! But who are you!? And where are you, mysterious one!? Show yourself, you coward!” Chrysalis yelled as she kept frantically looking around.



Heh, heh, heh, you really don't know who you're talking to, do you? I suppose that makes sense, since you can't see me...



“I said show yourself!” Chrysalis yelled as she began to fire beams of magic into the surrounding forest.



Don't waste your magic, Chrysalis. It's not a very wise for you to be doing...



“Grrr! Show yourself now or I will drain the love out of your body and leave you for the critters to feast on!” Chrysalis yelled.



DON'T YOU DARE THREATEN ME, CHRYSALIS!!!!



The voice was suddenly so loud that Chrysalis actually flinched in fear, now being much more terrified of this mysterious voice than before. With Chrysalis visibly scared, the voice began to chuckle again and assumed a gentler tone.



Forgive me, I don't take too kindly to being threatened, you see...



“Wh-Who are you?” Chrysalis asked again, very much terrified.



We will have plenty of time to exchange pleasantries, once you set me free...



“Huh? Set you free? And why would I do that?” Chrysalis asked, deciding to be a bit braver.



Quite simple, Chrysalis... if you set me free, I'll help you get what you want...



“And what is it that I want?” Chrysalis asked.



You wish for Twilight Sparkle and the rest of her friends to suffer... especially this Starlight Glimmer... am I correct?



“Hmph! You only know this because you must have overheard my ranting.” Chrysalis said as she turned around.



Oh no, I've known about your lust for revenge for quite some time now... ever since you were kicked out of your own hive...



“WHAT!? How do you know about this!? WHO ARE YOU!?” Chrysalis yelled as she hissed loudly.



Come set me free, and I'll tell you...



“Fine! Where can I find you?” Chrysalis asked.



Follow my voice... follow my voice... follow my voice.... follow my voice... follow my voice... follow my voice…



As the voice kept repeating this phrase over and over, Chrysalis could hear that it was starting to get quieter. Chrysalis walked forward a bit and the voice became louder. Observing this, Chrysalis followed the voice as best as she could. The voice took Chrysalis through a lot of thick brushes and twigs. It was rather painful and annoying, but Chrysalis pushed on, wanting to know just who the owner was of this terrifying yet mystical voice. Eventually, Chrysalis found herself standing at the entrance of a cave.



Yes, Chrysalis... inside the deep dark cave... that's where you'll find me...



Chrysalis chose not to respond to this statement as she confidently walked into the dark cave. The inside of the cave was very dark indeed. The further Chrysalis walked into the cave, the less light there was to help guide her. Soon, Chrysalis had to rely on her magic to light her way. The voice hadn't said a word since Chrysalis entered the cave, much to Chrysalis's relief. She'd rather not hear that menacing voice while she was inside an unknown place. Sadly however, the voice did return, startling Chrysalis so much her whole body flinched.



Just a bit further now Chrysalis... you're almost there...



Chrysalis scowled as she kept on walking through the cave. As Chrysalis kept walking, she saw that the cave walls started to become decked with dark crystals and jagged diamonds. The further she walked, the more menacing the cave began to look. After a few minutes of walking, Chrysalis stopped as she saw something that caught her eye. As Chrysalis was looking around the cave, she happened to look to her left and saw a large opening in the cave walls. Now this wouldn't normally be out of the ordinary, if it wasn't for the obvious stairs that led down deeper into the cave.



“Down there?” Chrysalis asked, just to be sure.



Yes... just go down the stairs... and you'll find me...



Chrysalis nodded slightly and then walked down the stairs. After a few short minutes of walking down the stairs, Chrysalis made it to a rather large open part of the cave. This part of the cave was almost like a small room, all be it with nothing in it. Chrysalis looked around and when she couldn't see any pony, she growled, thinking she had been tricked.



“Well, where are you!?” Chrysalis called.



Look down at your hooves...



“Huh? Oh, what is this?” Chrysalis asked as she looked to see that she had stopped right in front of a dark red horn, probably that of a unicorn.



Pick up the horn... take it outside of the cave... and then we will speak...



“Why would I do that? Where are you?” Chrysalis asked, not wanting to wait any longer.



Pick up the horn... take it outside the cave... and then we will speak...



“Ugh, fine!” Chrysalis said as she used her magic to pick up the horn and then made her way out of the cave.



As Chrysalis carried the horn, she thought about who this horn could possibly belong to. All she could say for sure was that this clearly belonged to a unicorn. Though it could have also belonged to an alicorn, then again, the horn was for one, way too short and she didn't know any alicorn with a red horn. Once Chrysalis made it back outside, the voice spoke once again.



Place the horn on the ground in front of you and then say the phrase, 'Shembaku, release'...



Chrysalis did as she was told, placing the horn on the ground, then stepping a few feet back as she repeated the words that the voice told her to say.



“Shembaku, release!” Chrysalis said.



Suddenly, the ground below Chrysalis started to shake very violently. The ground shook so hard that large cracks started appearing all over the place, almost as if the very land below Chrysalis's hooves was going to break open. The clouds above darkened until it looked as if it was the dead of night. Lightning and thunder struck the air as the winds howled in pain. As the ground continued to shake, Chrysalis looked on as she saw a few large chunks of dark crystals rise up from the ground from underneath the horn. Then the crystals started to cocoon the horn into a large crystal. Then from the ground, a dark cloud of fog started to rise and consume the crystal. Once the crystal was consumed by the fog, the crystal started to crack; from the cracks bright beams of light flew out from the crystal.



After multiple cracks appeared on the crystal, the crystal shook more violently than the ground and then, it exploded. From the crystal a large cloud of shadow and darkness flew out and into the sky above Chrysalis. As the cloud flew up into the air and then stood still for a few moments, Chrysalis saw something forming in the cloud, a face. A dark grey outline of a pony's face appeared in the cloud along with two large green eyes with red pupils and a bright purple shadow emitting from the eyes appeared. On top of where the pony's head would have been, a long dark yet bright red horn appeared. Then a large mouth with sharp teeth appeared and then a long and loud laugh could be heard from the cloud. As Chrysalis stared at the cloud, she suddenly realized who she had just set free.



“Wh-What? Is... is that?” Chrysalis asked as the cloud suddenly crashed down in front of her.



As the cloud of shadow started to clear away, Chrysalis's suspicions were proven to be correct as she could see a pony with a dark grey body with a black mane and tail. The pony wore armor as well as armor on its legs. The pony also wore a red royal cape as well as a dark crown. There was no question about it. This was King Sombra.



“(Evil chuckle) Yes... Yes.... YES.... I'm finally.... FREE! (Evil Laugh)” Sombra laughed as he shot a beam of his magic into the air, proclaiming his freedom.



“K-King Sombra?” Chrysalis asked as she was very shocked to see the unicorn tyrant.



“Ahhh, Queen Chrysalis... my greatest gratitude to you for freeing me from that place. I am in your debt.” Sombra said as he chuckled while turning to face Chrysalis.



“But... I had heard you were killed.” Chrysalis said. “How is it that you are alive?” Chrysalis asked as she was trying to understand how King Sombra was standing before her if he had apparently been killed.



“Perhaps I was killed, perhaps I wasn't. I am not sure myself. I was killed yes, but I wasn't dead. At the same time, I was.” Sombra said as he laughed to himself.



“So basically, you died.” Chrysalis said flatly.



“(Evil Chuckle) I suppose so.” Sombra said as he took a deep breath and then let it out. “I'll get right to the point then; we both want the same thing. Well, mostly the same thing. You mostly seek revenge on Starlight Glimmer, I want revenge against Twilight Sparkle.” Sombra said.



“I understand wanting revenge on those ponies but why is that you only want revenge on Twilight Sparkle? Wasn't it Princess Cadance who used the Crystal Heart's power to defeat you?” Chrysalis asked.



“(Evil Chuckle) I suppose you could say that, yes. You could also say that it was Twilight's wretched pet who brought the Crystal Heart to Cadance in the first place.” Sombra said before he suddenly stomped his hoof on the ground. “HOWEVER! Who was it that led the charge against me? Who was it that rallied the group to stand up against me? Whose destiny was it to defeat me? That's right, Twilight Sparkle. THAT is why I want revenge on her.” Sombra explained.



“Hmph, I suppose that does make sense. Hey, wait a minute! How did you know about me getting kicked out of my own hive?” Chrysalis asked.



“It's quite simple really... you see, while I was trapped in that strange place, I was able to watch over all of Equestria, though I mostly kept my eye on Twilight Sparkle.” Sombra explained. “It was during this time when I saw how you were able to capture Twilight and her friends, as well as Princesses Celestia and Luna, quite impressive if I do say so myself.”



“(Chuckle) Yes, it was quite an achievement. And very easy to do may I add.” Chrysalis said as she smiled with pride.



“Until you were defeated by this Starlight Glimmer, your changelings becoming creatures of beauty, and then you fled the scene instead of accepting friendship.” Sombra said.



“(Hiss) If not for Starlight Glimmer, Discord, that weird magician pony, and that traitor Thorax, I could have taken over all of Equestria. And I would rather DIE than accept any FRIENDSHIP!” Chrysalis yelled.



“(Evil Chuckle) Really? You'd accept death over friendship? Interesting... no matter. Come along now, Chrysalis, we have much to do.” Sombra said as he began to walk off towards the forest.



“Ha! What makes you think I'm going to just follow your orders? No thank you.” Chrysalis said as she turned away from Sombra, prepared to walk in the other direction.



“Oh, really?” Sombra asked as his eyes suddenly glowed with their green light and then a long skinny hand came out of Chrysalis's own shadow and grabbed her by the throat, choking her.



“(Choke, wheeze, gasp) H-Hey! (Choke) Let (Choke) me go!” Chrysalis begged as she was getting choked to death.



“I said.... Come with me, Chrysalis.... we have much to do.” Sombra said as he glared at Chrysalis.



“(Choke) Okay! (Choke) Fine! (Choke) I'll go!” Chrysalis gasped as the grip around her throat became tighter.



“(Evil Chuckle) What was that? I couldn’t hear you.” Sombra said with a sadistic grin.



“(Choke) I s-said (Choke) I'll go! (Choke) I'LL GO!” Chrysalis cried as the shadowy hand finally released its grip on Chrysalis's neck and went back into her shadow.



“(Evil Chuckle) Good, now come along Chrysalis.” Sombra said as he started to walk again, only to stop as he heard the sound of Chrysalis getting ready to use her magic. “Ah, ah, ah Chrysalis, I suggest you don't do whatever you plan on doing right now.... otherwise, I will make sure you die a very slow death.... trust me, being choked to death is a very slow and cruel way to leave this world (Evil Chuckle).” Sombra said as he continued walking.



“What... have I... done?” Chrysalis asked as she reluctantly followed Sombra into the forest.

Author's Note:

King Sombra is free and back in Equestria... oh boy... Chrysalis has sure released a great evil back into the world. Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Thank you for reading