• Published 2nd Oct 2012
  • 1,305 Views, 49 Comments

The other side - Nyan_Cat



What if... everything that had happened to Twilight had been a dream?

  • ...
10
 49
 1,305

Confusion

Everypony crowded around the Princess, awaiting their ' stories ' from Twilight. The records were written as if they were letters to the 5, and not just notes. Celestia handed each paper to the according mare, then read hers.

It says here that she passed her entrance exam by hitting a dragon egg with a large bolt of magic, which made it hatch. The surge of energy became to much to bear, and she started transforming the other ponies in the room into random objects. Then I came in and calmed her down. After congratulating her, I made her my personal student. Celestia let out a chuckle. That was her dream, after all. Shaking her head, she continued to read. I told her that the dragon hatched from the egg was to be named Spike. After studying in the castle for many years with me, she realized that Nightmare Moon was coming back in a few days. She told me and I sent her to Ponyville to make preparations for the Summer Sun celebration, but secretly, it was for her to meet up with the other bearers of the Elements of Harmony.

Celestia sighed sadly, then looked into the room of the unicorn. She turned to the group of ponies, still reading their papers.

"I have some matters to attend to, girls. I must be going. Feel free to stay here as long as you want, okay?" she said, receiving nods from the small crowd. They all watched as she walked down the hallway and out of the door, leading into the lobby.

"So, um... maybe we should tell each other what our papers say. For fun, or whatever," Rainbow said, trying to keep her cool.

"I'll go fiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrssssssst! " Pinkie said in a sing-song voice, making everypony turn to look at her, " But maybe we should go to the cafeteria. To get out of everypony's way."

The rest of the group nodded, then followed Pinkie down the hallway. Fluttershy went last. As she turned to go, she noticed something twitch in the room. She looked back at Twilight, who seemed to be waving at her. Fluttershy let out a scared squeal and raced down the hall, crashing into Rainbow Dash.

"Hey! Watch it, Fluttershy!" she said, glaring.

"I-I'm sorry..." Fluttershy said, looking down at her hooves.

"Oh, uh it's okay. Sorry for snapping at you."

Fluttershy nodded then trotted down the hall, trying to keep up with the group.

What did I see back there...? Was she really waving? At ME? Fluttershy thought, glancing nervously around the hallway. Or maybe she was waving at a doctor. No, it wasn't me. She can't have recognized me. She doesn't even know who I am! Fluttershy grinned, trying to convince herself it was true. But something in the back of her mind told her that she was wrong.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Princess Luna."

"Wha..?"

Luna was laying on her bed in her room, half asleep. She promptly fell off of her bed, glaring at her sister.

"Tia! This had better be good!"

"Well, it is. And I'd wish you'd stop sleeping constantly. It's bad for your health."

"Health, shmealth. And I'm the Princess of the Night. I need my sleep."

"Fine. But anyways, the reason I woke you up was important. I wanted you to look at these," Celestia said, levitating a paper to Luna.

"And what is this?"

"Notes. They're from the unicorn Twilight Sparkle. She claims that she 'knows' you and I. And a handful of other ponies."

"Who's this pony called Nightmare Moon?" Luna asked, showing the paper to Celestia. They were both sitting on Luna's bed, reading the papers together.

"That, supposedly, was you. Twilight believes that she beat you with the Elements, and saved the world from eternal night," Celestia said, stiffling a laugh, "And that you had turned back to your normal self."

"Me? But I've never done anything to this mare! How can she accuse me of such things?" Luna said, glaring at an imaginary pony, "This is nonsense!"

"Luna, calm down," Celestia said soothingly, putting a hoof on her sister's shoulder, "It's not all true. It's her imagination."

Luna gave a sigh and glanced at her sister. She nodded, then trotted out of the room, heading towards the Canterlot Gardens.

I'm going to have to meet this Twilight Sparkle, and see if this is all REALLY true. She thought. Maybe Tia is right. It could be just her imagination. But why would you think such things about others?