• Published 16th Sep 2023
  • 588 Views, 37 Comments

Pokémon: Fire Ruby - MechaTomX



Welcome to the Pokémon world, in this story, a boy will travel through the Equestria Region on his way to becoming a Pokémon Master.

  • ...
5
 37
 588

New Friends

Spike had arrived home before starting his journey through Equestria, he knocked on the door and was greeted by his parents.

“Hello Spike, I see that you are already prepared, but you will still need many things for your trip,” his mother told him as she handed him a purple backpack with the draw of a flame in the middle, “Here you have everything you need to travel around the region.”

“Awesome, thanks mom,” Spike thanked as he placed the backpack on his back.

“And that's not all,” approached his father who had Peewee on his shoulder, “You will need help on your journey.”

Spike looked at them confused, he didn't know what they were referring to.

Night Light addressed Peewee, “Peewee, Spike will need your guidance and your power on his path to being the strongest trainer in Equestria, would you like to help and protect him on his journey?”

Spike's eyes widened with emotion, as a child he had always been so close to his father's Fletchling, he even named him Peewee, but he never expected something like this.

“Fletch fletchlinng,” Peewee said nodding with a smile on his face.

"Then it's decided," Night Light said and at that moment, Peewee flew up and landed on Spike's shoulder, "Spike, from now on, Peewee will be your Pokémon, if you agree."

“I really don't know what to say,” Spike responded as he petted Peewee, at which point he walked over to his parents to give them a big hug, “I'm going to miss you.”

“We will miss you too, it won't be the same without you,” Twilight Velvet replied without breaking the hug.

“We wish you the best of luck,” Night Light told him.

The hug lasted a few seconds, after that, Spike said goodbye to his parents, and proceeded to start his adventure, "Come on Peewee, we have a region to explore."

“Fltechling,” Peewee nodded just as excitedly.

Velvet and Night all waved at Spike and Peewee, who waved back as they got further and further away.


As he walked through the streets of Canterlot with Peewee on his shoulder, Spike took out a map from his backpack, “The closest city is Ponyville, I think there is a train that can take us there.”

“Fletchling,” Peewee agreed.


“What do you mean that the train will not be available for several weeks?” Spike asked the guy in charge of the train station in Canterlot.

“Sorry kid,” the guy apologized, “But there was a problem on the tracks that prevents the train from moving forward, but they are already repairing them.”

“Oh,” Spike responded, understanding the situation, but a little discouraged, he retreated. “Thanks anyway.”

After several seconds, Spike sat on a bench thinking about what he should do.

“Well, I won't wait weeks just to go to Ponyville, I'll have to take another route.”

But his thoughts were interrupted when he heard a girl screaming.

"WAIT, DO NOT GO."

Spike turned around and saw a girl his age approaching him, and she was running, her skin was pink, she had scarlet eyes, she wore a white dress, black sneakers, she had a backpack with a drawing of a chess tower, but what the most outstanding thing about that girl was her light blue hair which was styled with many curls.

“WAIT JUST A SECOND,” the girl shouted.

Spike's pupils shrank as he realized the girl was heading straight for him and was going to crash.

“Wait, stop, I saw you,” Spike tried to stop her, but it was too late.

PAMMMM.

The girl had crashed into Spike causing them both to fall into the fountain behind them, fortunately for Peewee, he had flown to avoid falling into the fountain.

SPLASH.

“Ahhh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to,” the girl apologized when she saw what she had done, she tried to help Spike up.

“Don't worry,” Spike responded, coming out of the water while Peewee returned to his shoulder, “This happens to me a lot.”

“Has another girl pushed you into a fountain by mistake?” the girl asked him.

“Errrr, no,” Spike replied with a smile, “But it would be funny if this was the second time.”

The girl laughed, “Hehe, you're funny.”

“That's one of my many virtues,” Spike responded with a smirk as Peewee pecked at his head, “Ouch, ok Peewee, I'll shut up.”

“Oh yeah, what I was coming for,” the girl said but then she remembered something she extended her hand for a handshake, “Right, how rude I forgot to introduce myself, my name is Cozy Glow.”

“Hello Cozy Glow,” Spike said, accepting the handshake, “My name is Spike.”

“Yes, I know, Professor Twilight told me about you,” Cozy Glow responded with a smile.

“Oh you know Twilight,” Spike told her, “Wait a minute, I think I've heard your name before.”

“Well, not to brag, but I was the best student in Professor Celestia's research class,” Cozy Glow replied, “And that's why I managed to earn my position as Professor Twilight's assistant.”

“Wow, and at your age it must be surprising to have that position, you must be very smart,” Spike told her, surprised.

Cozy Glow blushed upon hearing it, “T. .T. Thanks.”

“And this is my partner and friend, Peewee,” Spike introduced his Pokémon.

“Fletch fletch,” Fletchling said with a smile.

“Dawww, what a cute Fletchling,” Cozy responded, petting his beak.

After a few seconds, they left the fountain and sat on the station bench, that's when Cozy explained to Spike why she was there.

“So, Twilight sent you?” Spike asked.

“That's right, Professor Twilight asked me to deliver this to you,” Cozy Glow responded as she handed Spike a box, out of curiosity he opened it and saw that it had 8 empty slots.

“Oh my gems, it's a Badge Case,” Spike said surprised and excited.

“This way you can save all the Badges you earn from the Gym Leaders,” Cozy Glow told him, “And that's not all.”

At that moment, Cozy Glow took off her backpack and gave it to Spike, “This is for you.”

“Huh?” Spike asked confused.

“There are things there that you will need for your trip,” Cozy Glow told him.

“That's weird, my parents gave me everything I needed in my backpack,” Spike responded, pointing to his own backpack.

“Maybe those are things they didn't give you,” Cozy added as she handed him the backpack.

Spike opened it and saw that there were things that he already had, but the strange thing was that in the backpack there was a pink Pokedex, after seeing what things there were, Spike realized that that backpack was not for him.

“Umm, maybe there is a mistake,” Spike told him.

"What are you talking about?" Cozy asked him.

“I mean these are girl's clothes,” Spike replied as he showed her a dress he had taken out of the backpack.

“Huh, looks like Professor Twilight really made a mistake,” Cozy Glow said, but then she caught a glimpse of the dress, “Wait a minute, that dress is mine.”

"What?" Spike wondered, but suddenly a sound was heard, Spike took out the pink Pokedex from the backpack which was making that sound, "Maybe this has the answers."

And as if it were a cell phone, Spike answered the call, “Hello?”

“Hi Spike, please activate the video call mode.”

“Twilight,” Spike said as he activated the video call mode, showing Twilight Sparkle in the screen.

“Hello Professor Twilight,” Cozy Glow greeted her.

“Hi Cozy, I see you've already met Spike,” Twilight told her.

“Yes Professor,” Cozy Glow responded, “I came to give you the things you asked for, but I think you got the wrong backpack, these are my things.”

Twilight giggled and smiled, “Make no mistake, Cozy, I made sure you had everything ready for your journey.”

“I'm confused, I thought Spike was the one having a journey,” Cozy Glow replied.

“That's right, and you're going with him,” Twilight said to Cozy Glow.

“Wait what?” Cozy asked, “I don't understand, am I fired?”

Twilight giggled and replied, “No Cozy, quite the opposite, I talked to your parents and they agree, listen, you were the best student in the class, I know you are excited about being my assistant, but to get to Where I am right now, I had a journey through Equestria which helped me understand how enormous the Pokémon world was, I was able to understand many things, that's why I would like you to experience the same."

Cozy was speechless for a few seconds, she had never considered traveling through Equestria, although after thinking about it, the idea excited her.

That's when Twilight turned to Spike, “Spike, if it's not too much trouble, would you be willing to let Cozy Glow travel with you? I'm sure she could help teach you just as much as you could teach her.”

Spike smiled and nodded, he didn't expect to travel with a friend through the region, but he thought that would be more exciting, "Of course, Twi, Cozy is welcome to accompany me on my journey, but now it will be our journey."

Cozy smiled, glad that Spike wanted to travel by her side.

“Great, then it's decided,” Twilight said excitedly, she turned to Cozy, “Cozy, in your backpack you will find everything you need for your trip, plus, your parents decided that Dilcy should accompany you.”

“Dilcy?” Cozy asked, unable to hide her smile.

“Who is Dilcy?” Spike asked.

Instead of answering, Cozy dug into the backpack and saw that there was a Pokeball inside, “Oh Golly, this will be amazing.”

“Oh, Dilcy is a Pokémon of yours?”

“Yeah, I think it's time to introduce it to you,” Cozy Glow responded by throwing the Pokeball into the air, out of it came a Pokémon that looked like some kind of blue-gray ghost and had a kind of long hairstyle on its head.

“Dreeeavuuus,” the Pokémon said.

“Spike, this is Dilcy,” Cozy Glow introduced her Pokémon.

“Wow, it's a Misdreavus,” Spike said as he pulled out his Pokedex to analyze it.

Name: Misdreavus.
Type: Ghost.
Info: Misdreavus, the screech Pokémon, Misdreavus are very mischievous and like to scream at night just to scare people.

“Dreavus,” Dilcy said as she approached Peewee, who smiled at her, “Fletchling.”

“MISDREAVUS,” Dilcy shouted, scaring Peewee who flew to hide behind Spike, “Fletch ling ling.”

“No Dilcy, they're friends,” Cozy Glow reprimanded, making Dilcy lower her head.

“Misdreavus,” Dilcy said to Peewee clearly apologetically, to which Peewee accepted her apology, “Flechling.”

“You also have a PokéNav, which you can use as a map as well as giving you additional information about some places in Equestria, as well as information related to the Pokémon League,” Twilight told her.

From the backpack, Cozy took out a yellow device, “Ok, here it is.”

“Very well, I wish you the best of luck on your adventure,” Twilight told them.

Cozy smiled as she closed the device, quickly nodding, "I promise you Professor Twilight, I'll learn everything there is to know about the Pokémon world."

"I know you will," Twilight Sparkle told her as she crossed her arms with a big grin, "I wouldn't expect anything less from you."

“Oh, and I think you already realized that there are no trains to Ponyville, but don't worry, tomorrow there will be a train that will take you to Manehattan, there you can have your first gym battle,” Twilight told him, “My best wishes at you two.”

At that moment, Twilight hung up the call.

“Very well, tomorrow we start the trip,” Spike said excitedly.

“Fletch Fletchlling,” Peewee said just as excitedly.

“Oh we can start today,” Cozy Glow told him.

"What are you talking about?" Spike asked.

“You see that train,” Cozy Glow pointed to a train away from the others, “That one is heading to Draconia right now.”

“Wow, why wouldn't Twilight tell us about that train,” Spike responded.

“I don't know, but I don't think it's a good idea to pass up this opportunity,” Cozy Glow told him, “But its your choice, I'll follow you.”

Spike smiled and immediately the four of them got on the train that would take them to Draconia, where Spike would prepare to earn his first Gym Badge.

But Spike knew that the challenge would not be easy, since he had investigated the Gym Leader, Ember, a Dragon-type trainer.


Alright ponys, its time for the Opening of this awesome story. :pinkiehappy:

Pokemon: Fire Ruby Opening.

I wanna be the very best.
Like no one ever was.

Spike was running across a green field, while Peewee followed him flying.

To catch them is my real test.
To train them is my cause.

And running alongside Spike and Peewee, Cozy Glow and Professor Twilight Sparkle appears, Cozy had Dilcy by her side, and Twilight Sparkle had a Noctowl flying close to her.

Pokémon, Gotta catch 'em all, It's you and me.

Spike orders Peewee to use Peck.

Pokémon, I know its my destiny.

Cozy Glow orders Dilcy to use Shadow Ball.

Pokémon, Yeah, you re my best friend.

Twilight Sparkle orders Noctowl to use Moonblast.

In a world we must defend.

Garble and Smolder appear, along with other members of Team Draco behind them.

Pokémon, Gotta Catch em All X3

Pokémon.

Author's Note:

And with that, Cozy Glow and her Misdreavus whose name is Dilcy join Spike on his adventure.

At the moment, these are their current teams.

Spike Team.

Fletchling. (Peewee)
Treecko.

Cozy Glow Team.

Misdreavus. (Dilcy)