• Published 16th Sep 2023
  • 588 Views, 37 Comments

Pokémon: Fire Ruby - MechaTomX



Welcome to the Pokémon world, in this story, a boy will travel through the Equestria Region on his way to becoming a Pokémon Master.

  • ...
5
 37
 588

The Fire of Doom

Spike and Garble were going to have a Pokémon battle, but Spike didn't expect his rival to use a Charizard, Garble certainly already had experience, but that wasn't going to scare him, he was gonna fight with all of his power.

“So, a Charizard, wow, I always wanted to see one in person,” Spike said excitedly as he pulled out his Pokedex and analyzed it.

Name: Charizard.
Type: Fire/Flying.
Info: Charizard, the Flame Pokémon, Charizard's powerful flame can melt absolutely anything, when fighting intense battles, his flame becomes much more powerful.

“It's not too late to give up, I would understand that a rookie like you would feel so afraid when you saw Charizard's ferocity,” Garble told him.

“Never,” Spike replied, “Peewee and I won't give up.”

“FLETCHLING,” Peewee shouted determinedly.


In the stands.

“Your purple friend must have his perception of reality completely altered,” Smolder said to Cozy Glow who had Dilcy in her arms, “How does he expect to defeat a dragon with a little bird?”

“Well, first of all, Charizard is not a Dragon type,” Cozy Glow replied to which Dilcy nodded smilingly, “Misdreavus.”

“AHHH,” Smolder shouted, “I KNOW IT'S NOT A DRAGON TYPE.”

“Oh, I'm sorry,” Cozy replied in a mocking manner, “But you should have been more specific.”

“Who does she think she is? Totally feminine with that little dress and those curls, how ridiculous,” Smolder thought.

“As much as I hate to admit it,” Ember approached, “She makes a good point, it's unlikely that a Fletchling could defeat a Charizard.”

“Well, I know,” Cozy Glow responded a little nervously, but then smiled, “But from what Professor Twilight Sparkle, who is Spike's older sister, has told me, he is someone who is very determined and doesn't give up, so easily, he will be a little clumsy, but he is very intelligent.”

Ember smiled, “So, let's see how he'll surprise us.”

“So he's the brother of a professor,” Smolder thought, then she turned to Garble, “Bro, be careful with him.”


“What are you talking about, don't you see that he's a beginner,” Garble replied.


“But he's the brother of a professor, he must be very smart,” Smolder told him.


“But being smart won't give you experience, I'm sure your Fletchling couldn't withstand a single attack from Charizard,” Garble said to which his Charizard nodded, “ZARRRD.”

Spike looked at him seriously, then he turned to Peewee, “We'll teach him.”

“Fletchling.”

“If the two trainers are ready,” Mr. Torch told them, “Let the battle begin.”

At that moment, the battle began.

“Charizard, use Flamethrower,” Garble ordered, to which Charizard released a bolt of fire from his mouth.

“Dodge it Peewee,” Spike shouted to which Peewee reacted quickly, dodging the attack.

“You won't gain anything by dodging,” Garble told him, “Charizard, use Dragon Claw.”

“CHAAARRR,” Charizard shouted as his claws became enveloped in a purple aura, and he lunged at Peewee.

“Who told you we only know how to dodge,” Spike replied, “Peewee, use Peck.”

Peewee's beak glowed and he flew towards Charizard, dodging his claws, then managed to hit Charizard with his beak.

POWWW.

“CHARRR,” Charizard recoiled from the attack.

“WHAT THE?” Garble asked himself in surprise.

“You underestimate our speed, Peewee, use Agility,” Spike ordered to which Peewee nodded, “FLETCHLING.”

Peewee flew so fast that there seemed to be 2 of them.


“With that he increased his speed, well thought out Spike,” Ember said.


“Grr, you won't get away with this, Charizard, use Steel Wing,” Garble ordered furiously and at that moment, Charizard's wings turned a metallic gray color with which he hit Peewee.

CLANKK.

“LIIIING,” Peewee shouted as he received the attack.

“Peewee,” Spike shouted, but Peewee recovered in the air.

“Grr, why doesn't it fall?” Garble wondered.

“Our turn, Peewee, use Peck,” Spike ordered as Peewee attacked Charizard with his beak.

POW.

“Charizard,” Garble shouted angrily, “Don't you dare lose to that weakling bird.”

“One more time Peewee,” Spike said to which Peewee repeated the attack.

POW.

The attack managed to hit Charizard again.

“CHARRRR,” Charizard yelled as he received those pecks.

“AHHHH, ENOUGH,” Garble shouted in fury.


“Gar Gar, no,” Smolder shouted.

“Keep it up Spike,” Cozy Glow encouraged him.

“I must admit, I have never seen a Fletchling so strong,” said Mr. Torch.

“And seeing him give Garble's Charizard so much trouble,” Ember added with a smile.


“We'll make you pay, Charizard use Thunder Punch,” Garble ordered as Charizard's claws charged with electricity, then he closed his fist, and with the electricity gathered, he proceeded to punch Peewee.

"Thunder Punch?" Spike thought worriedly.


“Oh no, electric attacks have an advantage over flying type Pokémon, Peewee will be in trouble,” Cozy Glow said.


Spike thought, and he thought he found a risky solution, “Peewee, dodge it using Agility.”

“Fletchling,” Peewee nodded as he dodged that attack with his own attack.

“This is impossible,” Garble said with fury in his eyes, “I'm not going to lose to a weak trainer.”

Spike smiled, “So, I think it's time for Peewee and I to show you how weak we are.”

“FLETCHLING,” Peewee yelled energetically.

“Are you ready Peewee? It's time to use our secret weapon to end this,” Spike said to which Peewee nodded, he stood in front of Spike.


"What are you going to do?" Cozy Glow wondered.


“Charizard, be careful, they're planning something,” Garble said to his Charizard.

Spike and Peewee breathed calmly, and after exhaling, Spike gave the command, “Now Peewee, use Brave Bird.”

“FLETCH….LIIIIIINGG,” Peewee shouted as an aura of energy surrounded him, and at inhuman speed he headed towards Charizard.


“A Fletchling who knows the Brave Bird move?” Cozy, Ember, Smolder and Torch asked themselves at the same time.

“For Peewee to know one of the flying-type's strongest attacks at such an early stage is impressive,” said Cozy Glow.

“It's much more than that,” Ember added.

“Brave Bird is a very powerful attack that even hurts the Pokémon that uses it, it is a double-edged sword,” said Mr. Torch.


“Noooo, Charizard, dodge it,” Garble ordered, but it was too late, the attack was so fast that it had hit.

BOOOMM.

“ZARRRRRD.”

“FLETCHHH.”

A cloud of dust filled the battlefield.

“I don't see anything,” Garble said.

"What's going on?" Spike asked.

After a few seconds the cloud of dust dissipated, revealing Peewee who was fine, as he flew.

While Charizard was on the ground, he seemed unconscious.

Garble was expressionless when he saw his Pokémon on the ground.

“YEAH,” Spike jumped in excitement, “Way to go Peewee.”

“Fletch Fletchling,” Peewee celebrated alongside his trainer.


“They did it, they defeated them,” Cozy Glow said excitedly while Dilcy flew out of her arms with happiness on her face, “Dreavussss.”

“Not bad,” Ember said.

“Gar Gar,” Smolder said dejectedly, “You did your best.”

At this moment, Mr. Torch was going to announce the winner, “Charizard cannot continue, the winner is…”

“CHAAARRRR,” shouted Charizard on the ground who stood up with a furious expression.

"What? No, it can't be,” Spike said, surprised by his rival's Charizard.

“I told you, Charizard won't go down that easy,” Garble told him.


“The battle continues,” Mr. Torch announced.

“Damn, they already had them,” Cozy Glow said frustratedly.


“It doesn't matter, we'll keep going until we beat them,” Spike said to which Peewee nodded determinedly, “FLETCHHHH.”

“No, not anymore, because you already made us angry,” Garble told him furiously, “I think it's time to pulverize their spirits, don't you think, Charizard?”

“ZAAAARRDDD,” Charizard shouted angrily.

And at that moment, Garble placed something on his wrist, it was a kind of metal bracelet with a strange stone in the center, but Spike's eyes widened because he knew what that strange artifact was.

“A Mega Ring,” Spike said in surprise, then he saw that on Charizard's tail there was a ring, which had a huge stone attached to it.


“No, it meas,” Ember said.

“That's right Ember, Garble is going to use Mega Evolution,” Cozy Glow finished.


“Did you have a Mega Ring this whole time?” Spike asked.

“Yes, so now you will suffer with our true power,” Garble said as he showed his Mega Ring which began to glow, “Get ready Charizard.”

“ZARDDD,” Charizard shouted as he enveloped himself in some sort of purple aura.

“Break the evolution barrier Charizard, Mega Evolution,” Garble shouted and at that moment, the aura that surrounded Charizard disappeared, revealing Charizard but with a new form, his scales went from orange and yellow to black and blue, flames Blues surrounded its mouth, its wings had become different and it had spines on different parts of its body, “Mega-Charizard X.”

“FLETCH FLECTHLINGGG,” Peewee shouted in fear.

“Oh no,” Spike said, knowing the worst was yet to come.

“Charizard, use Steel Wing,” Garble ordered as his Charizard attacked Fletchling with its wings.

CLANKK.

“LIIING,” Peewee shouted as he received the attack.

“Peewee, don't give up,” Spike told him, “Use Peck.”

“FLETCH,” Peewee nodded as he flashed his beak and lunged at Charizard again.

“Hehe, show him Charizard, Steel Wing,” Garble said as his Charizard's wings glowed again.

CLANKK.

The 2 attacks collided, and the 2 Pokémon retreated at the same time.


“It seems like they're evenly matched,” Smolder said.

“No, they're not,” Ember said worriedly.

"What are you talking about?" Smolder asked.

“Charizard's ability, Tough Claws,” Cozy Glow responded just as worried as Ember, “It increases all contact attacks by a third, so Garble…”


“Peewee,” Spike shouted as he saw his Pokémon flying slower.

“It's time, Charizard, finish him off with Thunder Punch,” Garble ordered to which Charizard approached Peewee at high speed.

“Fletch,” Peewee said as he got too close to Charizard, he tried to escape, but it was too late.

ZAAAAPPPPP.

“PEEWEE,” Spike shouted, worried for his Pokémon as he watched it receive an electric shock.

And at that moment, Peewee fell to the ground, his eyes had turned into spirals, “Fletch….ling.”

Mr. Torch saw it and although he didn't want to do it, he had to announce the winner, even though he disliked Garble, “Fletchling is unnable to battle, the winner is Charizard, the victory goes to Garble.”

Charizard returned to his original form at that moment.

Spike ran over to where Peewee was, and took him into his arms, “Peewee, you did great, it was my fault.”

Garble approached Charizard, the Pokémon looked at him seriously, but his trainer only showed a look of anger, "You almost lost against that cheap bird, I don't know what would have happened if I hadn't activated the Mega Evolution, you have to be stronger and that is an order.”

Charizard just nodded as Garble returned him to his Poke Ball, then he turned to Spike.

"Hehehe, and you say that you will be the first champion of Equestria, you really make me laugh, it doesn't matter how much you have researched or if you know all the weaknesses of each type of Pokémon, it doesn't matter if you are a weak trainer, because a weakling like you I won't go far, so you better not get in my way, because I will become the champion of Equestria,” Garble told him as he left the place.

Smolder followed him while glancing at Spike, although she always agreed with her older brother, she could not deny that for a rookie trainer, Spike and Peewee managed to put Garble and Charizard on the ropes.

“If he trains his Pokémon well, we won't know how far he could go,” Smolder thought as she left without saying a single word.

Cozy Glow, Ember and Mr. Torch approached Spike, who was still kneeling on the ground with Peewee in his arms.

“Spike, are you okay?” Cozy Glow asked Spike, she could see tears welling up in his eyes.

Spike just stared at Peewee cursing his own helplessness, but with an inner desire to become stronger in the future, because there he learned an important lesson, the Pokémon world is huge and he was just one more trainer among thousands, victory was not It would come so easily.