• Published 27th Aug 2023
  • 1,113 Views, 59 Comments

Ori And The Dragon In The Blind Forest - dragonfan101



Spike wakes up in a dark decayed forest, he then meets a spirit named Ori, and he and her team up to go on a emotional journey to save the forest from destruction.

  • ...
2
 59
 1,113

3" Up The Spirit Caverns And A New Ability

Spike, Sein and Ori had made their way back the way they came, Spike helped fend off some more monsters that came they're way every now and then, they soon stumbled upon something interesting, it looked like a well of light.

"What is that?" Spike asked
"Those are Spirit wells, Spirits used these to recover and traverse all of Nibel quickly" Sein explained.
" So we find more of these we can travel here and go to other places quicker?" Ori asked trying to understand what was told.
"Correct ori, but we'll have to find more before we can properly fast travel." Sein answered.
Spike and ori both decided to take a quick brake, they both stepped into the well and they started to float for a few seconds while light flew into them, recovering them of any wounds instantly.
"This is unlike any healing magic in Equestria..." Spike said in awe.
"Equestria?" Sein and Ori asked at once.
" It was where i was raised" Spike explained.
"Hope your family is alright, they must be worried sick about you!" Ori said with worry.
" yeah they must be, but we can't stand around and wait for them to come we need to keep going." Spike said with determination.
"Right!"" Ori said and they both continued to move forward

Spike and Ori had continued to move upward, they used these strange blue pod like things that helped them jump to higher places, they soon came upon a door that looked like it needed two items to move forward.

"We need to find keystones in order to move forward" Sein explained.
"Why were these made" Spike argued
"these were made for protection from those who may be trying to do harm to the forest" sein answered.
Spike understood what they were told and they looked around for a bit.
Spike had found a large boulder but could see something behind it, he and Ori both got the same idea and pulled the rock back enough for them to move in.
just like they thought they found an item that may be one of the keystones.
"This must be one of them, we need one more" Spike explained and ori agreeing with him.
they both then decided to move to higher ground and climbed through a hole of an open tree.
They saw a keystone on the other side of it where a few branches tied to the tree above and floating in the air, they both decided to use these as platforms and carefully jumped over them, they were able to make their way to the keystone.

"That's the last one lets get back to the door" Ori suggested and they both went back to the door.
They soon then arrived back and used the keystones, just like Sein said the doors then opened so they can move forward.
"We did it!" Ori said happily.
"We sure did!" Spike said with a smile agreeing.
"Well done you two, you both make a great team." Sein complimented
"Thanks" Spike and Ori said at the same time. They then continued to move forward.

they both then had started to make they're way through the spirit caverns, spike then soon felt the sun light on him and stopped to looked at the sky he then saw the sun and had a smile on his face.
" Is everything okay spike" Ori asked concerned.
"Yeah i just didn't think the sun could shine through in this near dead forest" Spike explained
"there are parts where the sun can reach, but those won't last if we don't hurry" Sein explained saying they should keep going.
Spike nodded in understanding and they both continued moving forward spike looked at the sun one more time.
"Celestia I pray you are watching down over me." Spike prayed.

They soon found another gate preventing them from moving forward, they all groaned in anger as they had find more keystones.
"nothing can ever be easy" Ori complained with spike agreeing.
they then moved they're way down a cliff side where they hoped to find some more keystones.
they continued to make they're way down, taking down a monster of blight every now and then as well as a barrier but Sein was able to bring them down. It wasn't until they reached past the last barrier they found something strange.

" there were those that turned to hope, when she ravaged and killed" The spirit tree echoes.

"What is that?" Spike asked in awe.
" The light of the Spirit tree lives in all of us, he's the reason we're alive, he's the reason we grew" Sein began to explain
"When he called out to find Ori, many years past, we were attacked, wounded and killed by our foe" Sein said sadly
"These are Ancestral Trees, these are all that's left behind of the Spirit Guardians. Come closer and feel the light of Fil, The spirit inside" Sein told.
Spike and Ori looked at each other in confusion before they both decided to step forward.

Once they were close enough they both started to float in the air with light absorbing into them, Spike and ori looked in awe before closing they're eyes and feeling the light become one with them. when they landed they both felt something different.
"What just happened" Ori asked in confusion.
"You both were given a new ability , the ability to wall jump" Sein told" This will greatly help you two travel higher walls." Sein explained.
"Amazing..." Spike said in awe."
" Wait... how come Spike can absorb the light?" Ori questioned.
"It might've been the work of the Spirit tree, we won't know until we find it" Sein suggested

They then saw a wall just ahead, they both got the same idea and used they're new moves to make they're way upward, when they reached the top they found a strange blue orb.
"What's this?" Spike asked curiously
"that is an energy cell, Collecting more of these will let me be able to use more power to Protect you two" Sein explained, and they both understood what she told and they both made they're way around some more.

they made they're way around , they had to carefully move a boulder through some moving spikes, and they also had to fight they're way through some more enemies, Spike looked up on a ledge and saw something
" Hold on a second..." Spike said before making his way upward with his new power, Ori and Sein looked confused for a second before spike landed back down in front of them holding a strange yellow stone
" What is this?" Spike questioned.
" OH! That is a map stone fragment! there must be a map stone around here!" Sein explained in excitement.
"Map stone?" Spike and Ori both asked confused.
"Yes! if we return this fragment to the map stone, we'll be able to see more of this area and traverse faster, Excellent find Spike!." Sein said,

They then decided to look around a bit before spike noticed a cave,
" Guys! down here! " Spike called out catching Ori and Sein's attention. they both moved in to find anything interesting, they soon came upon a strange stone tablet that had markings.
This is the Map stone! Use the fragment you two found!" Sein told, they then carefully placed the fragment on the tablet and the markings then glowed.
"Whoa!" Spike said surprised, then they're heads started to ache for a minute before an image appeared, they saw what looked like where they were, the image zoomed out and they saw what looked like the places they've been, and some grey images appear in a new area.

"Was that where we're supposed to go?" Ori asked
Yes it will help us navigate better" Sein answered. they looked at each other and nodded in understanding, but before they could leave Ori noticed something on the ledge, she made her way to it and she called out.
"Guys the last fragment!" Ori said happily.
"Great work Ori!" Spike said happy for her with Sein agreeing.
"Lets go back to the door" Sein suggested before they all made they're way back.

They soon came back to the door and used the fragments, like before the door opened and they continued on, with they're knowledge of where to go they made their way upwards, fighting some more enemies, finding more fragments which meant another door, when they opened the next one they finally managed to make they're way to their destination.
"Man glad we had found that map fragment, it would've been a lot harder" Spike said a little tired.
"Yeah, it would've been a lot harder without you Spike" Ori said with a smile.
"Thanks Ori" Spike said back, before they moved forward Ori soon stopped and looked down a little sad
"What's wrong Ori" Sein asked confused, Ori then just looked down some more.

"I just never have had anyone else beside me aside from my my mother Naru, she was the only thing i had before she..." Ori said with a few tears before she continued
"I'm just glad to have someone to help me go through this, i just don't want to be alone" She said sadly.
Spike then came up to her and hugged her.
" You won't be alone Ori, I'll be at your side no matter what" Spike said with a smile.
"Promise?" Ori asked sadly
"I promise, Ori" Spike answered continuing to hug her, she then returned the hug.
" Thank you Spike" Ori said gratefully before they separated
"You two are adorable you know that? Sein teased.
" Oh shut up." they both said embarrassed,.
They then finally continued to move forward and finally made they're way to their goal.

The Spirit Tree

Author's Note:

Hey guys hoped you liked this! I tend to give a explanation for why spike can absorb the light and get powers like ori, I also tend to have some segments with the mane 6 in this story as well don't you worry!
Thank you all for the support I've been getting and stay tuned till next time!