• Published 27th Aug 2023
  • 1,113 Views, 59 Comments

Ori And The Dragon In The Blind Forest - dragonfan101



Spike wakes up in a dark decayed forest, he then meets a spirit named Ori, and he and her team up to go on a emotional journey to save the forest from destruction.

  • ...
2
 59
 1,113

11: The Misty Woods And Forlorn Ruins

"The haze of the Misty Woods deceived the minds of all.
Spike and Ori stood at the entrance of the woods.
"Let's stay close for this guys we don't know what may separate us" Spike warns, he and Ori hold hands and sein stays close to them and they enter.

"Those lost within were never found"

Spike and Ori were really surprised by this place, it felt like the terrain was shifting with each step they took.
"Stay close guys" Spike says once again and they continue to move in.
they had fight through some more monsters and stay together not wanting to risk losing each other, they soon came upon a shrine or alter of sorts with a ton of mist coming out of it.
"The Shrouded Lantern, this mysterious haze bellows out of its stem. If we find a way to light it the path might clear up once again!" Sein explains.
"Some direction is better then none, lets try to find the light" Spike says and they continue deeper.

They occasionally had to deal with more monsters that lurked there but spike seemed stronger then before because of the light, he and Ori had to bash through green beams that flew under some trees as it was their only way through, the terrain looked like it kept moving around them it was nauseating.
"I feel like I'm going to be sick" Ori says holding her stomach with one hand.
"Same hear" Spike says with a sick look as they continue on.
They then had to propel themselves upwards using the bash by redirecting enemy projectiles that were spat at them, the forest kept shifting more and more. They came near what looked like a dead end with a door fragment in the middle.
"Another fragment another door" Spike says as he and Ori pick it up, but as soon as they pick it up a bright blue light appears for a second, they then see the road they went down is different.
"This isn't right you two, be careful" Sein says with caution.

They then had to glide down some tunnels that had spikes over the place they only barely avoided them until they landed on the ground and saw another fragment and once they picked it up like before the blue light appears once again and a new path opened behind them.
"this is so weird, how does this mist even work" Spike asks confused as they continue even more.

"They were lost in the woods" The spirit tree echoes,

"Great how are we gonna get out of here, our path out of here is gone" Spike asks worried.
after he asks that they see Sein fly down towards a piece of light and their eyes widen in relief.
"Astu's torch! it was lost in this place. if we carry it to the shrouded lantern it might show is the way, there's another door it looks like we need 2 more to open them." Sein explains.
"Let's be careful" Ori warns and they stay close together. The blue light flashes once again and they see the way they just went had changed once again.
"This is getting ridiculous" Spike says annoyed as they continued onwards. they glided through what looked like illusions and had to glide down more spiked walls and floors only barely avoiding them, they then came upon another Ancestral tree in the woods.
"This one must've passed one from being lost..." spike says looking down depressed Ori as well.
"Tatsu used to climb mountains high atop Sorrows past, When her brothers torch faded she lost her way..." sein says sadly, they once again absorb the light.
"This is the wall climbing ability it will help you climb walls much faster then before." Sein explains

Spike groans in pain and his body glows white once more, this time he gets sick and pukes out a white substance disgusting both of them.
"Spike!" Ori shouts, spikes body glows more and it soon stops, now his whole tail and even more of his spine has become white and even some of his right shoulder.
"This is tougher then i thought it would be." spike says weakly and he gets up once more.
"It's not to late spike! you still have a chance..." Sein warns once again.
"It is to late for me now... the best i can do is use the light to save everyone" Spike says weakly.
" Spike... Ori says sadly, but spike merely rubs her head tickling her a little.
"Everything will be okay, I promise" Spike says with a smile, they then move into the woods even more.

Spike and Ori had continued farther having to avoid more spikes and finding more fragments, the terrain kept shifting
and they just held each others hands as they moved on, they eventually found all of the fragments and were at the door where the torch was, they then opened it and the torch stood in front of them.
"Great! Lets get back to the shrine!" Spike tells as he picks it up
The blue light flashes once more and their way forward changes, they had to quickly move through a tree while avoiding a beams of light that were shot at them, Ori and Sein protected spike as he was carrying the torch as they made their way back, thankfully though they finally did.

"Thank Celestia.." spike says gratefully and he puts the torch on the shrine. the shrine begins to rise as green torches light up in the background and the area becomes much more focused until the terrain stops shifting much to they're relief.
"Thank goodness that's over with" Ori says with relief. after the mist clears up an object comes out of the statue and lands in front of them
"Ori, Spike the key to the Forlorn ruins, the Gummon seal has been revealed!" Sein says happily.
"this will help us get into the ruins?" Ori asks.
"Yes, and with the mist cleared we should be able to leave now!" Sein explains.
"The Elements of winds is deep with in the Forlorn Ruins, south of this place. its not too far from here, I can show you the way" Sein finishes.
The image of Nibel appears once again in their heads and a light shines near an icy mountain like area, just directly below where they were.
"Great i was getting a little tired of this place, lets go" Spike says as he and ori pick up the torch and leave, they then proceed to make their way there, they had to go deeper down the area until they ended up near an icy area, Spike begins to shiver.
"Man its freezing! Hope restoring the elements of winds helps warn this place up." Spike says as he rubs himself trying to warm up. They fight their way through even more enemies and Spike is able to melt icy walls that block their paths with his fire breath,

"Once lush and green now covered in ice, those who didn't escape paid with their lives" The voice says sadly.
they soon finally arrive at the entrance
"Finally, you ready for this?" Spike asks ori.
"Yes i am but are you?" Ori asks worried for her friend as the light still covers most of his body.
"Of course let's go!" Spike says as he inserts the key into the door, the door then shifts and opens after years of being closed, they then enter the ruins Gumo however had followed them and saw the place they had entered.

The Forlorn Ruins.

Spike and Ori look around and see frozen bodies of more of Gumo's kind.
"Oh my..." Ori says horrified
"What happened to them?" Spike looks down at one depressed.
"The Forlorn Ruins, this is Where the Gumon lived, They built miraculous structures and fused them with the light of the spirit tree which helped keep them safe" Ori explains, she then looks down at the dead bodies.
"Oh no... These Gumon were frozen unable to escape! Without the elements of winds with its light their ruins must have become their grave" Sein says sadly.
"We won't let their lives be lost for nothing". Spike says determined ori nodding in agreement, they then jumped across a few platforms to find a bright warm light.
"The Gumons were amazing inventors they were able to build this device to Store a light of the spirit tree within with this light vessel!" Sein explains.
"We must find the source of the light in order to restore the winds right" Ori asks.
"Yes we must be careful though there's a lot of stuff that looks ready to fall" Sein warns.

Ori then picks up the light and she and spike carefully move around with it, they throw some balls of light in order to bash to a higher area. She and Spike then carefully maneuver some gravity puzzles, it felt like moving left but they were still moving right it was so weird. They found more door fragments which looked like they could be reached through more gravity challenges, but Spike just threw a ball of light and bashed off it and was able to grab it.

"That... felt like cheating" sein says sadly.
"A little unfair too." Ori agrees
"Don't hate the player, hate the game guys" spike says with a smug look and they continue forward. They had to redirect the way they fall with gravity blocks that changed their direction of fall and it helped them get higher because of that they were able to land on the ceiling with the light vessel keeping them on it.
"this feels like something out of science fiction, Twilight would've loved to meet these guys" Spike says with a smile.
They continue forward and to their surprise they find another Spirit Well.
They temporarily rest and restore themselves they then continue forward.

They then use the gravity blocks some more and they avoid deadly spikes of ice and beams of fire that could kill them both, they found all the door fragments once more, they then find another map stone and use a fragment they found and the rest of the place is revealed to them, they use the fragments and once again open the door, meanwhile Gumo sees the door opened and has entered the ruins. Spike and Ori see where they need to place the light vessel and a bridge forms above them.
"They really were amazing inventors" Spike says in awe.
"the shrine must have powered all they had built, and look what it did!" Sein says happily, Gumo had just entered and sees the dead bodies of his kind.
"My... Brothers." Gumo says sadly as he places his hand on one of them.

We cut back to Spike and Ori and a door had opened up allowing them to move deeper in.
Spike and Ori then proceed through the door and sees another Gumon frozen, Sein then flies to see it closer.
" I wonder if Gumo knows their fate, i hope he can forgive us that we live and they are gone..." Sein says sadly
"I hope he does to..." Ori says sadly and Spike nodding in agreement.
"I wish i could've been here to help them" Spike says as he closes his eyes in remorse.

They then move ahead once again, they then climb a ledge directly above them, and it finally led them to where they needed to reach to restore the winds.
"This must be it..." Spike says astonished in what he was seeing.
"It must be" Ori says looking amazed as well, Sein then flies up to it.
" The Element of winds lies before us, stored in the heart of this place" Sein begins to explain, Gumo had just entered the room and he looks confused on what this place is.
"These ruins are all that is left of the Gumon, reminding us of their fate. Losing the ones that he loved, Gumo is the last of his kind" Sein says sadly the others looking depressed as well.

"Ori, Spike, we shall bring back the light! For Nibel and the Memory of the Gumo! Let us restore the Element Of Winds! " Sein declares as she moves to restore the light. She then glows brightly and spike and ori cover their eyes as she bursts and restores it, The floating stones around them began to turn around and the ice melts with drafts of wind now flowing.

"Moved by their words, he decided to act" Gumo is then seen near the shrine and rips out the light vessel, the place then begins to collapse and he makes his escape.
"This place is coming down! We need to get out of here now!" Sein tells them.

They use Kuro's feathers to glide up the updrafts, they avoid spikes of ice that fall down and used more updrafts that kept appearing.
"This is more dangerous then the Ginso tree!" Spike shouts scarred
"If we could escape that we can escape this!" Ori shouts determined
They then had to break down a large piece of the ground by using a large ice pillar that was directly above them, they move down and glide upwards once again, they see a large rock with spikes of ice below it fly right above them, they glide upwards and avoid the rock as it falls back down only barely avoiding it, more winds then burst out of the ground and land on a place that looks strange.

" This looks like a bird's nest" Spike says as he looks around, he and ori then see one egg in the middle and then place their hands on it, the egg begins to glow and they see a vision.

We cut to many years ago, Kuro is seen flying towards the mountain with little owlets in the nest, she then gives one of the owlets some food after she had caught it, she then rubs them lovingly before flying off to get more food. She grabs another worm for them to eat, we then see the owlets out of their nest and see them looking at something. The spirit tree is seen off in the distance and it begins to shine light that moves closer and closer to them, they try to go further and further back but soon are in a corner and the light then gets even closer, Kuro tries to save them but when she arrives she was too late.. they were gone only one egg remains... Kuro then places her head on one of her children and coos sadly, she then looks at the spirit tree and her eyes begin to turn white in anger she then becomes furious and flies towards the spirit Tree eyes flaring with anger, we then see the events happen once more and we cut back to real time.

"Ori and Spike learned in how they perished through our light, all along she was simply protecting her last child"

Spike and Ori are in complete shock of what they saw, Spike was crying heavily and Ori holds her hand over her mouth and is crying deeply as well.
"She failed too..." Ori says sadly.
"She was only mad because she had lost her children that night" Spike says still crying

Kuro then flies towards them and lands in front of them glaring in rage. Ori and Spike back off and run, they jump off the high ledge and through the clouds and Kuro is flying down after them.

Spike and Ori land near the entrance of the ruins again.
"We need to be careful and get out of here!" Spike says scarred, just then Kuro lands in the background and spike and Ori hide behind a nearby rock.
"We need to make sure she doesn't see us" Ori says with fear and they both try to escape.
Spike and Ori had to duck underneath some water, they had to redirect an enemy projectile towards a weak tree branch, they then had to redirect an enemy and explode near a green wall, they finally ducked under a log and were able to barely escape with a large rock sealing off their way in.
"That was... way too close" spike says with heavy breaths as he gets up.

"We barely escaped from her clutches this time, it is clear now why she hunts us, Kuro is simply protecting her child!" Sein says as she realized what had happened.
"all this time she was only trying to be a mother..." Ori says sadly.
"I know, but if we don't restore this last element the entire forest will burn and the egg will be lost"
"What?!" Spike and ori both shout surprised.
"If we don't restore the element of Warmth inside mount Horu the entire mountain will erupt and the entire land will burn." Sein says with fear.
As she finishes it the ground begins to shake and they see the mountain has started to bring heavy smoke and fire.
"She could lose her last child completely..." Spike says horrified.
"The Sunstone we seek is high atop Sorrows Past, we can ride the winds to reach it! If we don't all of Nibel will be lost, we must hurry!" Sein says with fear, Spike and Ori look at each other and nod.
"Lets save that child and this forest" Spike says seriously,
"Lets go!" Ori shouts determined, Spike, Ori and Sein all make their way towards Sorrows Pass to save the forest and Kuro's last child.

Author's Note:

Hey guys extra long chapter today! I'm almost finished with the story as the mountain is the last place they need to go. Who else had cried when they saw Kuro's backstory? I know i did the first time i played this its so sad... I hope you enjoyed this chapter only a few more to go! I will do a sequel story eventually don't you worry! Stay tuned and see you next time!