• Published 27th Aug 2023
  • 1,113 Views, 59 Comments

Ori And The Dragon In The Blind Forest - dragonfan101



Spike wakes up in a dark decayed forest, he then meets a spirit named Ori, and he and her team up to go on a emotional journey to save the forest from destruction.

  • ...
2
 59
 1,113

10: Lost Grove And Naru's Home

Spike and Ori had proceeded to move downwards, they were able to use the Dash ability to quickly make they're way through the enemies and floors they encountered, they soon came upon a weak looking floor, they then used their ground smash ability and opened a path to the Lost Grove.

"This was my mother's home?" Ori asks as she looked around.
"It must've been. it looks like no one has been down here in years" Spike said as he looked around as well.
"There might be something interesting here, lets take a look around." Sein suggests and they all made their way deeper.

Spike and Ori needed to traverse through deadly traps, some of them fired green beams of energy that would kill them, spike and ori then carefully made they're way through a rotating platform that was firing the energy beams at four places at once, they used their dash power to avoid being hit then had to bash they're way upwards and dash above the device.
"Maybe the reason no ones come down here in years is because of these traps" Spike suggested.
"Could be." Ori agrees as they continued, they had to bash off an owl like monster to reach a higher ledge they then came upon a new room.

"Light and Dark in innocence born" the Spirit Tree echoes. We then see a memory of a young Naru playing with two other spirits one might've been from the Tree that they absorbed earlier playing with a ball of light, one of the spirits throw the light farther away and they run after it.

"And though she was lightless"

" A friendship still formed" The voice concludes, we see the young Naru missing to catch the ball and falls on the ground but laughing happily with the others, we then see what looks like Naru's father calling out for her worried, he then hears a voice and follows it.

"But the bond that was made"
"Would soon be dissolved "

The father is seen calling for her but then sees her on the ground and picks her up and takes her away looking at the spirits upset and the spirits call out for Naru.

"This must've been her home" Spike suggests as he observes the area.
"We should see what more there is" Sein says as they all agree to move farther.
Spike and ori go down a log that they crossed over and landed in front of yet ANOTHER Ancestral Tree.

"It wasn't even 10 minutes after we found the last one. Spike says a little annoyed.
"The spirits that must've lived here might have been close friends with Naru" Sein suggests
"That could be true, Spike are you sure about this one?" Ori asks once again.
"We may need this next power in order to leave, let's do this" Spike says a little upset as he steps forward and Ori does as well, they then proceed to absorb the light and it soon finishes.
"This power belonged to Sol, she could cast light in the dark, and had lived deep here in this grove now she rests in peace, this power will let you form a ball of light and throw it towards certain lanterns to open up areas or enemies to fire at a safer range" Sein explains.

Spike's body glows white once again and he groans in pain, and even more of his scales turn white even some of his green spine turns white.
"This... feels... weird" Spike says weakly before he soon recovers and stands back up.
"Spike remember my warning, absorb to much light and you could become a spirit forever" Sein reminds him with worry.
"you don't have to absorb the light, you could just leave it to me" Ori suggests.
"I've gone to far now, i have to keep going" Spike says determined.
"Spike please..." Ori says worried for her friend
"I'll be fine, i promise" Spike assures her and she sighs in disappointment as she doesn't want Spike to fully become a Spirit.
"Okay.. just be careful" Ori warns. Spike merely rubs her head.
"I will, i promise" Spike says with a smile and they continue on.

With they're new power they were able to the light burst to light far away lanterns an open the way out, the traps they had to go through were off now as well. they lit some more torches and opened a way back to the entrance, they lit a torch that unlocked a door that let downwards and when they came down they stumbled upon a beautiful grove that had gorgeous coves and looked almost like a perfect place to live.

"This is beautiful" Spike says in awe.
"It really is" Ori agrees and they move forward.

They had to make they're way around some more monsters and found a lever underneath a log once they pulled it they heard a door open nearby, after using their dash to make they're way to the other door as they had to stand on a tablet for it to open, they see a door to a cave opened that they saw was previously closed, they then walk in and see what looks like a bed room.

"What is this place?" Spike asks
"This may have been where Naru lived" Sein suggests.
"Mom..." Ori says with a few tears.

We then see a memory of a young Naru playing with her father, we see them hug as they were a happy family and they laugh in happiness. We see them making drawings on the wall, her helping him cooking, and Naru crafting a statue of him out of her passion she looks at her father wondering if it looks good and he nods thinking it does, we then see Naru cleaning the place with her father on the bed looking pretty weak he then calls out to her asking to go get some food, but the next memory we see has Naru's father near the wall...not moving. We see Naru come in with some food but notices him and sees somethings wrong, she goes to him and tries to wake him up... but he doesn't, Naru then hugs him close to her and cry's heavily, she had lost her father like Ori lost her.

"After his passing, she left, and never returned" The memory of Naru is seen walking away looking back one more time before leaving depressed.

"She must have left after her father passed on...." Spike says with a few tears with Ori crying a little as well.
"Though they have gone from our forest, there is no time to grieve, Remember those who have passed on and they will forever live on" Sein says sadly.
"that's poetry Sein" Spike says as he wipes the tears from his eyes.
"Let's get going to the Misty woods, we should have an easier time with the new ability's we have" Ori suggests, they all agree and head back out of the grove.

The way back was a really big back track they had to make they're way through the Thornfelt Swamp and Hollow grove and Spirits caverns, it took a couple hours to do so, but with their new powers they were able to find more energy and life cells to make them stronger. They soon came upon a weak wall near the Spirit tree and after bursting it down they came upon the Valley Of The Wind. They climbed a great distance up in order to not be seen by Kuro, they soon are near the entrance of the Misty woods, but Spike quickly pulled Ori back as soon as he saw something that terrified him.

Kuro is seen near the entrance watching and waiting for their presence as she screeches in anger, Spike backs up more in fear and begins to hyperventilate, he starts breathing fast and he looks completely terrified.
"Spike are you okay?!" Sein and Ori both ask.

Spike then begins to have the same visions as before even more so with the more spirits light he's absorbed, Spike looks even more scared seeing the visions of Kuro killing the Spirits, but he starts to close his eyes as they aren't real, he remembers the other things he's done and thinks about his friends, he looks back on his life and remember the dangerous stuff he's done. From the Canterlot wedding incident with the changelings, Discord ,Nightmare Moon, and most recently King Sombra and Tirek, Spike remembers that he pushed through them with his friends but he never directly had help with much outside of King Sombra, now he's doing something without them and decides its his time for him to shine and make them proud. he then starts to calm down and breath normally again coming to the conclusion that this is something just as dangerous and that if he pushed through them he can push through this.

"I'm fine now. Spike says as he finally calms down.
"What was that?" Ori asks worried.
"I've... been having visions" Spike explains
"What kind of visions?" Sein asks
"memories of moments of the spirits we've absorbed, the moment they had right before Kuro killed them" Spike says sadly
"why didn't you tell us this" Ori asks a little upset.
"I... didn't want you to worry more then you already have, I'm sorry you two" Spike says sadly.
Ori puts her hand on his shoulder.
"Spike. it will be okay, I'll be here for you." Ori then hugs him once again and spike returns it.
"We'll make it through this Ori" Spike said determined.
"I know we will" Ori responds

They then separate and look at sein with determined looks
"How are we going to get pass her." Ori asks.
Sein then looks up and sees that there is a weak rock that looks like they can make tumble down on her.
"Up there that rock looks weak, we could have them tumble down on her" Sein suggests.
Ori and spike both agree and head upwards, they bash off some owl monsters and land on the rock, they then ground pound the rock making it fall, the rock then hits her and she flies off not before hitting a rock leaving two feathers behind and spike land near a spirit well amazed.

"That actually worked!" spike said shocked
they then see the two feathers she dropped and picked them up, they were bigger then both of them.
"These will able to help you glide and float down high ledges, this will help us reach the other side." Sein tells them.
Spike and Ori both end up jumping off the ledge and glide down and land right at the entrance of the Misty Woods

Author's Note:

Hey guys another chapter today hope you liked it! I know some might be weirded out by the fast amount of trees Spike and Ori find, but a lot of them are really close to each other, you could find the last one and the other in the grove in ten minutes if you know where your going. I know i might be putting these chapters out a little to fast but i have free time and i know what to do, if these chapters are a little short I'm sorry but i want to make sure they're at a perfect pace, also sorry if it felt like spike conquering his fear of Kuro felt to fast, don't worry I'll be sure it comes back and he faces his fears in a more impactful way.
I'll be sure to make sure what chapters should be long and short.
Thank you all for enjoying this and I'll see you next time