• Published 11th Aug 2023
  • 439 Views, 15 Comments

My Little Pony: Harmony and Chaos - AlphaToothless95



After Sunny's defeat of Midnight, she and her friends try adjusting to life as world famous heroes… but as they progress, things turn sinister as a new threat arises. One who just might send Equestria back into a time similar or worse than Midnight's

  • ...
6
 15
 439

The Start of Madness and Mayhem

As Askari exits the private jet she had borrowed from her aunt, she sighs as she takes in the sight of Maretime Bay once again… too bad she wasn’t here for sightseeing. She walks down the ramp and is about to contact her friends once again until a flash of white lightning startles her and she looks to see a dark blue Pegasus with a white mane standing there with a smirk on her face.

“Goddamnit Skylight. I swear if you’re not the death of me one day, I don’t know what will be.” Askari sighs, speaking with an annoyed tone which amuses Skylight even more.

“Awww, sorry that I scared you. I was just excited to see my favorite zebra in the world. How have you been by the way?” Skylight asks and Askari shakes her head but before she can answer, a flash of purple happens next to them and they look to see the rest of their friends: Nebula, Firestar, and Magma.

“Thank you all for coming on such short notice. As I explained, half the world is losing faith in Sunny and her friends. It’s already bad but if we don’t do something, it’ll get worse. Much worse. We need to warn them and fast.” Askari says and they all nod.

“Ah yes, another adventure where we have to have Sunny Starscout’s back even if three of us have had grudges with her in the past. So satisfying and redeeming.” Magma says with a slight amount of sarcasm while also being very serious.

“Well, I for one really wanna see Zipp again and have a rematch of our last race, so I’m down.” Skylight says and Firestar agrees.

“I’ll go too. What about you Shade?” Nebula asks, looking at Magma who sighs.

“Where you and Firestar go, I go. And I told you, Shade is my old name. Call me Magma now.” She says, not really fond of her old name anymore which causes Nebula to frown, her mouth still covered by a mask to hide the scars/burns, and nods sadly. She wasn’t sure why but after Midnight and everything that happened, her friend had… changed… become a different pony. She didn’t even like using her old name anymore and it bothered her… but maybe she’s just accepted who and what she is now. Either way, it is what it is.

“Alright. First thing we need to do is see if they’re at the Brighthouse. If they’re not, we’ll have to check if anyone's seen them recently.” Askari says and everypony nods. “Ok, first thing’s first: you all brought your armor right?” She asks and everyone nods, Magma saying she’s basically always wearing her armor, earning a facepalm from Nebula and a sigh from Firestar. Afterwards, they all head to the Brighthouse to search for the others but after they don’t find them, they go around town, asking if anyone has seen them or knows where they went. This search brings them to Pipp's Mane Salon, Mane Melody.

They walk in and look around, instantly being amazed. Pipp really went all out when setting this place up. They notice that many of the ponies and other creatures that came here for a treatment are talking to a white Pegasus with a brown mane and golden wings it seems, a green earth pony with a red mane that’s partially dyed purple, and a female white Pegasus with a brown mane that’s partially dyed purple and purple primary feathers while the rest are blue.

“Rocky, Jazz, Violet. Good to see you guys.” Skylight calls to them, getting their attention and they all look excited to see her until they notice the others and look a bit confused.

“Uhhh… hey Sky. Long time no see. Um, are you and your friends all here for a treatment or is something… wrong?” Jazz asks and Sky looks at the others, noticing either annoyed, confused, or patient looks on their faces then looks back to Jazz, Rocky, and Violet.

“If you’re asking did they kidnap me, then no. And no, we didn’t come for a treatment, even though I’m probably long overdue for one. We’re looking for Sunny and the others. Have you seen them, or do you at least know where they went?” She asks and they all look at each other then back at her.

“The other day we were on a call with Pipp. We don’t know exactly what happened after she hung up, but we know that her and the others were on their way to Canterlot. Earlier today, we saw news about one of the bridges that lead there and it’s been destroyed. One of the victims posted a video of Sunny and the others fighting some terrifying looking armored ponies.” Rocky explains before Violet steps forward.

“Then Pipp texted us and said they’re going to see the Alicorns and their new city. We still haven’t heard from them.” Violet explains and Askari and the others look worried.

“Well in case you didn’t notice, we’re kind of in a hurry here. Try calling them.” Magma says with a slightly impatient tone of voice. The three ponies in front of them give her a few looks before Violet sighs and pulls out her phone, attempting to call Pipp.


As Misty stared at her reflection in a slightly cracked mirror, she started to feel… wrong. She had already been feeling wrong with everything that’s been happening… everything she’s been doing… but this was slightly different. She’s noticing things about herself that she had never noticed before. How tired she looked, how… slightly more disheveled her mane looked… the scars she had on her toned arms and stomach… she noticed it all. Even the way her eyes had slowly started to darken the longer she was exposed to the spell.

Look at you. A pathetic little weakling turned murderer… who’s getting ready to help kill some more ponies and cause more chaos.” She hears a voice in her head say. This wasn’t just any voice… it was the spell tormenting her using her own voice… Sometimes it used Opaline's but usually… it was her own. She shakes her head and places one hand on her forehead, hoping to somehow shake off the headache she now had.

“Please… just leave me alone…” She pleads, only for the voice to laugh with the obvious intent to do the opposite.

Look around you. Can you really be anymore alone than you already are? Compared to everything else, I’m the only thing making you better. I’m the only guarantee that you’ll get the same pointless thing that every other pony dreams of getting at some point in life.” The spell says and Misty looks down at the thought of the one thing she had done all this for in the first place.

“A cutie mark… an opportunity to be special… to be normal.” Misty says and she can see in her reflection that the spell had made her reflection show her in her armor and mask instead of the blue hoodie that she currently had on.

So grow up! Stop feeling remorse for those that wouldn’t feel any for you! If they knew the real reason you’re doing all this, they’d never accept you!” The voice screams, making Misty hold her head in pain as her head starts throbbing, making her dizzy. Misty pleads for it to stop but it just forces her to look at her reflection. “Look at yourself! You think anyone could accept this? Could be friends with this?! …You think Opaline could ever truly love you like her own daughter? You’re nothing but a tool to her that’s been manipulated this whole time.

“Shut up!” Misty yells, actually starting to get angry and annoyed now. When the spell continues taunting her, she just gets angrier and angrier until the spell hits a breaking point of hers.

Without Opaline, you’d be nothing but a forgotten filly who was killed by a bear just like her PARENTS!” The spell says, and after that, Misty screams as her horn slightly lights up and she punches the mirror, shattering it and punching a hole into the wall behind with a bit of magic. After a full minute of breathing heavily, she gains a shocked look on her face and pulls her arm out of the wall and the mirror, seeing it was only slightly scratched up due to the magic deflecting some of the glass shards that would’ve went into her arm had it not been there.

She slowly backs away from the, now destroyed, mirror and walks out of the bathroom, closing the door. “Misty.” A voice calls, startling her and causing her to whirl around to see Titania standing there. “What are you doing? We leave in three minutes, you’re supposed to be getting ready. Where’s your armor?” She asks and Misty looks a bit nervous as she tries to come up with an excuse.

“U-Ummm… I… I… So funny, I was… actually just about to go… get it.” Misty says, hesitating throughout the whole sentence and earning a raised eyebrow and crossed arms from the towering Earth Pony in front of her. “Yeah, so I’ll meet you up- I mean… meet up with you and the others in a bit, ok? I just need to get my stuff.” Misty says before hurriedly walking off to her room as Titania stares after her, confused and a bit concerned.

“She is one sweet but strange pony.” She sighs before walking to the throne room to meet up with the others. It was almost time to go and whether Misty was ready or not would be defined by how she did during this mission, so she’d better hope she does well… especially since Opaline will be watching the entire time.


“So magic really is changing? Getting stronger? That’s incredible!” Sunny yells excitedly after hearing the news from Twilight and Brightburn… but not all of it.

“Yeah… real incredible. But try to keep quiet about it, 'Kay?” Brightburn asks and Sunny looks confused but nods along with the others. Zipp wants to question why but before she can, Pipp gasps at something, drawing everyone’s attention to her and they see she’s on the phone with somepony but she looks… troubled.

“Are you serious…? Ok, thanks Vi… Yeah, I’ll ask them if it’s ok. Love you too.” She says before she hangs up. “This is bad… this is so bad.” She says while pacing and holding her head.

“Sis, what’s wrong? Talk to us.” Zipp urges her and Pipp breathes in and out before looking at Brightburn.

“I know you’re not ready to share this place with the public yet, but this is important. Can I please share my location with a few ponies that I know so they can come and explain what’s going on? I swear they won’t tell anyone about this place.” Pipp pleads and Brightburn looks very skittish until Twilight gives her a reassuring nod and she sighs and nods at Pipp, who sighs in relief before pulling out her phone and starting to share her location with whoever it was that they needed an explanation from… besides Pipp herself.

“Pipp! What is going on?!” Zipp asks, shouting as she’s more than a bit nervous now.

“I can’t explain all that well but Askari, Skylight, Magma, Nebula, and Firestar are looking for us and as far as I can tell, it’s for a bad reason! As in they have to tell us something bad!” Pipp screams and everyone looks at each other nervously and just as Pipp finishes sharing her location, they hear a bunch of commotion from outside the tower. They look down to the streets and see a bit of fire spreading. They also see a storm has rolled in… and purple lightning is striking the ground and some buildings every few seconds.

“Oh no…” Twilight says and before anyone can do anything other than that, lightning strikes right where they are from outside, causing an explosion that knocks them all away and almost completely destroys the room they were in. That triggers an alarm for the whole building and starts a fire, causing the sprinklers to start spraying water throughout the building. It doesn’t take long for Sunny and the others to wake back and check on each other. “Is everypony alright?” Twilight asks, getting responses from everypony… except Brightburn.

“Brightburn? …Brightburn?!” Sunny calls, frantically looking around for her. Everypony else starts looking too until they see she’s trapped under debris and she’s unconscious. Sunny and Twilight quickly work together to move the debris and the others pull her out when enough of it is moved. “Is she ok?” Sunny asks and once Zipp nods after checking her pulse, she sighs in relief before they all hear a voice.

“Sunny Starscout! Twilight Sparkle! We wanna thank you for leading us here, we couldn’t have done it without you! Thanks to you, this city and every alicorn in it will suffer and burn!” They hear, causing them to look down to the streets and see the same ponies they encountered on the bridge… and Ragnar. Zipp's eyes go wide as soon as she sees him and she starts seeing red almost instantly. “For your contribution, we would like you to calm down so we can thank you face to face! Oh, and be quick about it! The longer you take, the more alicorns our friend here will kill!” Stormcutter shouts before the Unicorn who attacked Canterlogic steps forward with her blades whip which was slightly glowing.

The next thing they know, she yells and swings it, sending a wave of purple and blue magical fire forward and any alicorn it hits is either badly burned, burned to death, or sliced in two. It also damages buildings, blowing up one or two. Everyone looks shocked. “That blade… has Alicorn magic in it. Opaline’s magic…” Twilight says, horrified when she sees the damage it’s doing… and this wasn’t even half of Opaline’s normal power. She could feel it. The unicorn then looks up at them as if daring them to come down.

“Damnit… Twilight, we have to go down. We can probably get them to stop.” Sunny says and Twilight hesitates before looking at everyone else, hearing another explosion, sighing then nodding.

“Alright. Sunny, your friends should get Brightburn and the kids to safety. The rest of you get anyone you can to safety and be prepared just in case they try something.” Twilight says before she and Sunny get ready to go down.

“I’m going with you.” Zipp says as she steps forward but Sunny stops her.

“Zipp, no, I know why you wanna go down but I can tell you now that it isn’t the time. You can best protect Pipp by staying with her and the others. We'll make sure he doesn’t hurt anyone else.” Sunny says and Zipp is about to protest until Sunny gives her a stern look and interrupts her. “Zipp. Trust us. Trust me.” She says and Zipp wants so badly to protest but after practically growling in annoyance and anger, she reluctantly leads the others out of the room and helps get Brightburn to safety.

“Sunny! Just… be careful… both of you.” Izzy says and everyone agrees, getting nods from both Twilight and Sunny before they continue getting to safety. Sunny and Twilight nod at each other then fly down just in time to combine their magic into a huge shield that blocks the next wave of fire magic.

After they do, the unicorn stops, allowing them to drop the shield. “Took you two long enough. I was worried we’d all have to start attacking to get you to come down.” Stormcutter says, earning glares from Sunny and Twilight.

“We came down like you asked. Now what do you want?” Twilight asks with a firm tone that clearly showed she means business.

“Not much Princess. Just to exact some sweet revenge. Opaline sends her regards by the way.” Stormcutter says, earning an even worse glare from Twilight. Sunny notices but doesn’t say anything, not that it would matter much if she did. Sunny does look at the villains and step forward a bit though.

“Well tell this Opaline that if she really wants to beat us, she should stop sending her lackeys to do her dirty work and just do it herself.” Sunny says, seeming to annoy the unicorn with the bladed whip the most. “The way I see it. You have two options and one chance. You can be dumb, fight, and lose. Or you can be smart, walk away, and give up this path you’ve chosen. It won’t lead you to any good, ask anyone.” Sunny says, hoping to make them see that this path they’ve chosen is pointless and won’t help anyone, not even them. Although… she basically knew they wouldn’t listen to her… but the response was still disappointing when the Earth Pony spoke up.

“I think we’ll take our chances. Thanks, but no thanks.” She says and Sunny frowns and shakes her head in disappointment.

“So, with that out of the way, you think we distracted them long enough?” Ragnar asks, confusing Twilight and Sunny before they notice the silent unicorn disappear and realize it was an illusion. Just as they were about to demand to know where she was, they hear an explosion and turned to see that one had destroyed part of the giant tower where the others were. Sunny quickly calls Pipp to see what’s going on and as soon as she answers, the first thing she hears is complete chaos on the other side and Pipp trying to tell her something but getting cut off throughout her sentences by static.

“Sunny, can you hear me?! That…- Unicorn-! Sparky-…! We need your h-!” Pipp screams, sounding very distorted as she speaks before the connection is lost and the call ends. Sunny then glares at the other villains in front of them as her eyes slowly glow a dark shade of orange.

“What did you DO?!” Sunny yells, gaining a smirk from Ragnar and silence from all of them which angers her more. She’s about to attack until they all hear a loud roar and green fire bursts through one wall of the tower. Twilight looks between it, Sunny, and the villains then sighs and looks at Sunny.

“Sunny, they need you. You go help them, I’ll handle this.” Twilight says and Sunny is about to protest but Twilight cuts over her. “Go! I’ll be fine, I promise!” Twilight assures her even though she wasn’t so sure about that. She was powerful but most of these ponies had been Midnight's top henchman and one had been trained by Opaline herself. They all had years of training and at most, she had power and a bit of experience. Sunny looks between Twilight, the villains, and the tower which was starting to slowly collapse from the damage it was taking, then looks at Twilight one more time and shakes her head before sighing in frustration.

“We better see you after this is over.” Sunny says and Twilight gives a soft reassuring smile.

“You will. Now go Sunny…, go.” Twilight says and Sunny reluctantly runs and flys to the tower, leaving Twilight to turn towards the villains with a fierce glare. She notices that the other unicorn managed to slip away… but no matter. She warns Sunny that she might try something so her and the others would have to be prepared. “Now I’ll show you why evil never pays off.” Twilight says before Titania nods at Ragnar and he nods back before roaring and slamming his metal fist/gauntlet into the ground, causing dark magic to spread and crack the ground as it does. After a few seconds, many versions of him appear and either surround and glare at her or fly around and start attacking the city.

“Just try it now Princess! We'll show you why it DOES!” Ragnar yells before they all charge at Twilight and she takes out her weapons and charges back. One way or another, she would keep them busy while Sunny and the others dealt with their own problem. She would either win this and successfully keep them away from Sunny, her friends, and her own friends… or she would die trying.