• Published 11th Aug 2023
  • 439 Views, 15 Comments

My Little Pony: Harmony and Chaos - AlphaToothless95



After Sunny's defeat of Midnight, she and her friends try adjusting to life as world famous heroes… but as they progress, things turn sinister as a new threat arises. One who just might send Equestria back into a time similar or worse than Midnight's

  • ...
6
 15
 439

Rising tensions

As Askari breathed in and out to calm her nerves, she couldn’t help but remember a special type of exercise that her parents had taught her to relieve stress and quiet her mind. At first, she hadn’t understood it, but as time went on she learned that it was very effective. She had even shared this technique with her friends during a few of their get-togethers. They too had found it very helpful for calming down.

“Nervous?” She hears her Aunt Zahara ask her. She was a beautiful, middle-aged zebra with a barely visible scar on her lip, a few more in a few more places on her body and a small hole in her left ear. “Should you be? Given the fact that you’ve been to a bunch of these with me by now.” She continues and Askari sighs before nodding.

“Yes… It doesn’t make it any easier that I’m an ex-terrorist with a former grudge against Sunny Starscout and now I’m going with you to a meeting between nation leaders about an issue regarding her and her friends. So I can imagine how that would look to others Auntie…” Askari says, frowning and looking down as she remembers the terrible things she did in pursuit of revenge for her parents. Everything it led to and could’ve led to. She feels her aunt place a hand under her cheek and lift it up to get her to look at her.

“That was in the past and in the end, you did the right thing and let go of your hatred and rage. That’s all that matters, alright? You have been forgiven for your past mistakes but you have to forgive yourself before you can fully move on… and if you ever need me, I will be there… that’s the promise I made to your parents… and now I’m making it to you.” Zahara says with a soft, reassuring smile on her face and Askari smiles up at her and nuzzles into her hand when it moves to her cheek, enjoying the comforting warmth of a touch from possibly the only real family she has left.

“Thank you Auntie…” Askari says and Zahara smiles more and nods before asking if she’s ready, earning a nod in return. With that, she breathes in and out as she hears herself and her niece being introduced and the doors open, allowing both of them to walk in and go to where they’re supposed to be. Zahara sits in her seat while Askari stands close-by with her hands behind her back. Once the meeting starts the representative for the hippogriffs, Queen Skystar, is the first to speak.

“As you all know… we are here to address the current problems regarding the alicorn princess known as Sunny Starscout and her recent actions in the zebra city. While she and her friends did manage to greatly reduce the amount of damage that could have been done by the terrorists they were tracking, innocents did get hurt and killed.” She says as she looks around at all the other leaders. “She has done great things over the years, has gained the trust and respect of Princess Twilight Sparkle and her friends, and has managed to keep many promises to all of us… which is why I want you all to think very carefully when I ask: Should we allow this to go on… or start taking matters into our own hands?”

All the other leaders stay silent for a bit before Zahara speaks up. “We have heard your concerns for the future and while there are some in our community who share those concerns, there are still many who would wish to leave our safety in the hands of the very alicorn who defeated the biggest threat Equestria had seen in centuries. While Sunny Starscout’s methods can be… messy at times, her interventions have kept Equestria mostly at peace for years now.” She says, causing most of the leaders to look around at each other then back at her.

“Besides, we’ve seen what happens when different nations, tribes, and species try to govern themselves for too long without the involvement of one of the princesses or all of them.” Dragon Lord Ember says. “Without them, the world would be way more out of balance than it was before Sunny and her friends intervened and brought magic back.” She continues and the other leaders all whisper among themselves until Thorax speaks up.

“Ember- uh Dragon Lord Ember has a point. Sure, magic has become more powerful and unpredictable but the current Alicorns use it well enough. They’ve even managed to build their own city with it.” He says and almost continues until the representative for the Griffons speaks up.

“Which is yet another example of how powerful and dangerous Alicorns are. One alone could take on a whole state and leave it in ruins. But hundreds of them? What do you think would happen to the rest of Equestria if all these Alicorns were to go bad? Or has everyone forgotten Sunny Starscout’s brief but impactful time on the side of evil?” He reminds everyone and they all shudder at the memory of the images of the places she attacked after she was done. “And let’s also not forget about the actions of a particular zebra who aided in these attacks.” He continues, casting an accusing glance in Askari's direction, causing her to from and look down.

She continues to look down until a loud slam causes her to flinch and look at her aunt who was now standing with her hands on the table, casting an absolutely furious gaze in the griffon's direction. “If you dare to recount my niece’s sins to us right in her face and think you’ll receive no consequence for it, you are sorely mistaken. So I’ll give you one warning and one warning only. Know. Your. Place. Or I’ll teach it to you… understood?” She says, speaking in a tone that terrified Askari since this is the only time she’s seen her aunt like this. When the griffon shakes off the scared look on his face and nods, Zahara breathes in and out and regains her composure before sitting down.

Askari quietly clears her throat and calms down as she looks straight ahead. She could literally feel the negative energy that her aunt had been producing throughout the room when she had snapped at the griffon. It was… almost overwhelming. For a while, the meeting goes on and eventually it comes down to a vote between outlawing Sunny, her friends, and the other Alicorns or allowing them and the Wings of Equestria organization to continue protecting Equestria. It came down to 50/50 which wasn’t bad… but it wasn’t good either. Half of Equestria was losing faith in Sunny and her friends, even after all they’ve done for Equestria, just because of a few incidents.

Eventually the meeting starts coming to a close and Zahara leans towards Askari and whispers to her. “Find your friends. Go to Maretime Bay and find Sunny. Warn her of what’s happening and what might come… and please… come back home safe.” She says and Askari nods and with that, she exits the room.

“Time to make a few calls…” She says as she continues walking, hoping that they could make it in time.


Meanwhile In Canterlot

As Sunny walked through Canterlot, looking around at all the different creatures, buildings, and statues, something was nagging her about what happened earlier with Zipp. Maybe it was because she knew that Zipp was right about her severely holding back. Maybe it was because Zipp had revealed something she didn’t wanna talk about to Twilight. Maybe she just knew she was in the wrong for brushing her off like that. Whatever it was, she didn’t like feeling this way. She had to apologize to Zipp as soon as possible then talk to Twilight.

“Why does everything have to be so complicated nowadays?” Sunny sighs, holding her head as she struggles to think. She hears something and walks in the direction that the sound is coming from then recognizes the voices of Izzy, Solaris, and Sky Blazer. She looks to see Izzy talking with them while braiding Sky's mane. She smiles at the sight, imagining Izzy as a mom and honestly, it wasn’t exactly impossible. They were already like parents to Solaris in a way ever since they vowed to protect her until their last breaths. She eventually walks closer to them and they notice her after a few seconds.

“Oh, hey Sunny! Whatcha up to?” Izzy asks in her usual chipper tone and Sunny smiles at the feeling of positivity it gives her.

“Just checking on you. Kinda needed to clear my head after what happened earlier, y’know?” Sunny explains and Izzy nods and pats a spot next to her and Sunny almost immediately accepts the invitation.

“In that case, you can help me with something and help yourself clear your head. You can try braiding Solaris’s mane while I do Sky's. I’m almost done with hers so I’ll help you when I can.” Izzy says and Sunny nods and scoots closer to Solaris who stays looking forward and Sunny gets to work on her mane. Sunny finds it oddly relaxing, even if it was difficult to braid Solaris’s mane with it constantly flowing and moving. Sunny hoped her mane probably wouldn’t end up like this the further she went into her alicornhood.

Despite the difficulties of braiding an alicorn’s mane, she eventually got it done and Izzy teases her about how rusty she is at braiding manes, including her own, before thanking her for the help and giving her a peck on the cheek. Sunny chuckles and nuzzles Izzy lovingly before playfully ruffling Solaris's hair and patting Sky on the back then standing up.

“Well, I’ll leave you ladies to it. I gotta take care of a few things but I’ll be back.” She says and they all nod and wave to her as she walks off while waving back at them. She then goes to find Zipp but finds both her and Pipp with Twilight in the throne room of the castle and it looks like they had told her some sort of news… and based on the dark look on Zipp's face, it had been something truly horrifying. Sunny slowly walks in the room and makes her presence known. “Hey, is everything ok? What happened?” She asks and Pipp and Twilight hesitate to tell her while Zipp just turns away, seething with anger it seems.

“Uhhh Sunny… we got word from Zephyr Heights that the Earth Pony you fought and the Unicorn that attacked Canterlogic had attacked earlier while we were fighting the pegasus and other unicorn. It wasn’t for nothing though. They… they…” Pipp struggles to finish explaining so Twilight steps in and explains the final part for her.

“After they left, Ragnar's body was gone too. They stole it and with Midnight's magic… Opaline could use it to bring him back.” Twilight sighs and Sunny grows a horrified look on her face before groaning in frustration.

“I just don’t get it… can nothing be easy and peaceful for once?! Even when she’s dead, Midnight and everything about her is continuing to screw with everyone’s lives! It just… it isn’t fair!” Sunny yells, letting out her own built up anger and frustration with everything that had been going on. Meanwhile, Twilight could sense Sunny's new magic starting to come out and get worse the angrier she got. With that, the more it built up, the more she could feel the temperature and pressure in the room changing and she could eventually feel the ground slightly starting to shake.

“Ok ok, Sunny calm down. It’ll be ok. I get that you’re angry, I am too. But we can’t let it get to us. We have to keep a clear head and an open heart to make everything work out, ok? We’ll get through this… together.” Twilight says and Sunny slowly starts to calm down and the temperature and pressure of the room both start to go back to normal and the ground stops shaking. Twilight sighs in relief and Sunny frowns before looking at Zipp who was still kinda shaking with anger with her fists clinched so much that she was afraid she’d draw blood. Pipp notices too and slowly gets closer to her.

“Sis…? It’s ok. We'll stop him. He won’t hurt you or any of us again. Ok? I promise…” Pipp shakily says, remembering the day Zipp had beaten Ragnar to a bloody pulp and almost killed him… the day she had almost lost her sister. She slowly wraps her arms around her big sister, pulling her into a comforting hug. She could feel Zipp slowly stop shaking and smiles when she realizes it’s working. Soon, Zipp returns the hug and sighs as it goes on, helping her calm her nerves. “Better?” Pipp asks and Zipp chuckles as she nuzzles the top of her sister's head.

“A little… Thanks Pipp.” Zipp says and Pipp smiles up at her and nods, causing Sunny and Twilight to smile at the sight before them. Zipp then looks at Sunny who frowns and looks down slightly, starting to seem shy and guilty.

“Hey… earlier I actually came to apologize Zipp. I really am sorry for brushing you off earlier… I just… needed time to figure a few things out myself. I don’t… I don’t want us to fight or be at odds like we were years ago, so… can you ever forgive me?” Sunny asks and Zipp sighs before walking over to her and pulling her into a hug, prompting her to return it.

“Only if you can do the same for me.” She says and they both chuckle a bit, causing Twilight and Pipp to smile. After Zipp and Pipp dismiss, Twilight stops Sunny, asking her to stay and explaining that they really needed to talk.

“So, what did you wanna talk to me about Princess?” Sunny asks and Twilight hesitates before sighing and looking at Sunny with a serious look.

“Your new magic… I’ve noticed how it seems to react when you get angry and I’m not gonna lie Sunny… it scares me. I sense darkness inside you, darkness similar to that… of Midnight herself.” Twilight explains, causing Sunny to frown and look down. She doesn’t know what to do until Twilight continues, causing her to look up at the tall princess before her. “But… maybe you can train and learn how to control it… me and my friends will help you but first things first. Tomorrow… we’ll be paying a visit to the new city where all the current Alicorns of your generation live.” Twilight says, chuckling when she sees Sunny’s eyes light up at the mention of a new city filled with Alicorns.

“Glad you’re excited. It’ll be good for you to connect with more of our kind. Could help you learn some new tricks, huh?” Twilight asks and Sunny nods eagerly and Twilight smiles at that. “Well for now, go and enjoy some time with your friends, my friends, whoever you’d like and don’t be afraid to come see me if you need anything.” Twilight says and Sunny nods before hugging her, causing her to grow a shocked look that slowly morphs into a smile as she hugs her back. After breaking the hug, Sunny summons her magic and flys out to find her friends.

Twilight sighs and holds her head, feeling a little stressed but once she hears the doors open, she turns to see her friends walking in and she smiles at them all. “Hi girls.” She says, the tiredness she’s feeling sort of showing through her tone.

“How are ya holding up sugarcube?” Applejack asks as they all walk up to her. “Ya look and sound tired.”

“Applejack’s right darling. We know this can’t be easy for you, what with all that’s happened over the years.” Rarity says and Twilight sighs and walks to one of the stained glass windows.

“So you noticed. I just… I thought that after Sunny had destroyed Midnight, we’d never have anymore problems with her again… but even dead, she’s still interfering and defying peace… she’s still taking from others like she took… like…” Twilight stutters, starting to slip back into the dark days of their own war with Midnight… that day where she had lost her parents to that monster. She feels a hand on her shoulder and her breathing, which she hadn’t even noticed had begun speeding up, starts to slow down and she looks to see Rainbow giving her a worried look.

It then turns into a look of understanding as she pulls her into a hug. “You don’t have to say it Twi… we were there and to be honest… that day still kinda haunts us too… along with the rest that followed.” She says and Twilight frowns and hugs her back, holding her close with fear that she might be taken away too.

“But what’s important is that we work to make sure that doesn’t happen to anypony else ever again… right?” Fluttershy asks and everyone looks at her before slightly smiling and nodding.

“You’re right, so let’s turn these frowns upside down and take a break, at least for now. Ooh! I’ll throw a party to help take everyone’s minds off the gloominess!” Pinkie shouts excitedly and before anyone can stop her, she’s already long gone, running and bouncing around Canterlot to grab decorations and different things that she’ll need for the party. Her friends all groan and chuckle in amusement.

“Typical Pinkie Pie.” Fluttershy says, giggling and following after her while Rarity and Applejack walk out with their arms intertwined. Rainbow Dash lands on her feet and is about to walk out until she turns back to Twilight with a smile.

“We’re gonna beat this Twi… together.” She says and Twilight smiles and nods, causing her to smile back before Twilight turns back to the window.

“And even if we can’t…” Twilight starts, walking closer to it and looking to see Sunny and her friends all hanging out and having a good time with it looking like Sunny's explaining what they’ll be doing the next day or two, causing Twilight to smile. “They will.” She says before walking out, not knowing exactly what the future holds, but knowing one thing in particular for sure.

“Equestria is in safe hands.”