• Published 11th Aug 2023
  • 439 Views, 15 Comments

My Little Pony: Harmony and Chaos - AlphaToothless95



After Sunny's defeat of Midnight, she and her friends try adjusting to life as world famous heroes… but as they progress, things turn sinister as a new threat arises. One who just might send Equestria back into a time similar or worse than Midnight's

  • ...
6
 15
 439

Dragon Hunting and Love's Burning Pt. 1

It had taken two days, but they’ve finally heard news about Sparky. They were all incredibly anxious as they were heading to his location, especially Hitch… because his location was currently Grandma Figgy's house. The Marestream goes below the clouds when they’re approaching her house, but when they see a massive hole in the roof, Zipp quickly lands it and everyone runs out, heading towards the house. Hitch is the first one at the door and he kicks it down, looking around frantically.

“Grandma?! Where are you?! Where’s-?” Hitch asks frantically, cutting off when he sees Sparky and Figgy but… Sparky isn’t attacking her. She seems a bit frightened but unharmed and he just seems… confused… but calm. “Sparky…?” Hitch finishes by accident, drawing both their attention to him.

“Oh Hitchie! You’re here!” Figgy says, sounding relieved until Sparky growls at the sudden new presences in the house and the loudness of Figgy's voice.

“F-Figgy, we’re happy to see you too but try to stay calm and stay still. We don’t wanna accidentally set Sparky off.” Zipp says, gaining a shocked and confused look from Figgy as she slowly looks at Sparky.

“This… This is…” She tries to say until Sparky growls even louder and they all could swear his eyes flashed purple for a second. He slowly stands up and they see that he looks… bigger than he did back at the city of Alicorns. Way bigger.

“Whoa. Hey hey hey, easy buddy… we’re trying to help you. Everything's gonna be ok.” Hitch says, holding his hands out in a calming manner as he slowly starts to walk towards Sparky. Sparky growls and slightly bends his knees as if he’s ready to pounce at the first sign of trouble. Sunny and the others stand ready just in case anything happens. “We’re your friends bud. Remember? It’s me. Hitch. Your pony-dragon dad. You’re Sparky. My little buddy.” Hitch tries to remind Sparky of who he is and who they all are.

Sparky looks like he’s starting to calm down for a second… until his eyes flash purple again and he roars, charging forward and knocking everyone aside as he makes another hole in the house, running outside and jumping far far away, using his newfound dragon strength. Everyone groans in pain before getting up and Hitch rushes to Figgy to make sure she’s ok. “Grandma! Are you ok?!” He asks, looking her over for injuries.

“I’m fine. But you don’t have time to worry about me. Get out there and find your son.” She says and Hitch hesitates before giving her a hug, which she returns, and nodding.

“Alright. You’re right Grandma. We'll get him back.” He says before standing up and helping her up. She smiles and puts a hand on his cheek, nodding as well.

“I know you will… now go. He needs you.” She says, and that was more than enough motivation for Hitch as he smiles and runs out with the others. Sunny activates her magic and flys after him with Zipp and Pipp close behind. Meanwhile, Hitch and Izzy get the Marestream up and running and Hitch flys it after them.

“Hang on Sparky. We’re coming.”


Opaline smirks as she watches Sunny and her friends chase after the mutated baby dragon, enjoying the fact that the spell she had prepared was working really well and he was getting stronger and more powerful the longer he was exposed to it. This would be perfect for testing her theory.

“Misty, get ready. You and the others are being sent on another mission.” She says, smirking until she realizes that Misty hasn’t responded. She looks towards where the young Unicorn is standing in the room and sees Misty staring blankly at the ground. “Misty!” She calls out, her loud tone pulling Misty out of whatever trance she was in as she looks around frantically, confused.

“Huh?! What?! O-Oh… sorry Opaline. I wasn’t trying to ignore you, I just… I’m just…” Misty tries to explain, especially as Opaline flys over to her and lands right in front of her. Misty immediately backs up in fear and looks away… but Opaline had already seen it, although just barely.

“Misty. Let me see your eyes.” Opaline says and Misty tries to find an excuse as to why she couldn’t or shouldn’t do that but Opaline wasn’t having it. “Let. Me. See. Your. Eyes.” Opaline says forcefully, causing Misty to sigh and look at her, allowing her to see them. Opaline is a bit concerned when she sees an uncommon amount of bags under Misty's eyes and a lot of puffiness around them. She’s even more concerned when she sees how dark they’ve gotten and she immediately realizes that that spell was having more of an effect on her than she thought. “Misty, I’m going to ask you a question and I want you to be truthful with me. Alright?” She asks and Misty looks confused but nods.

“Did I make a mistake putting that spell on you?” She asks, and Misty looks ready to answer… until she pauses and has to think about it.

“I… I honestly don’t know Opaline. I wanna say no, but… I don’t feel like it works how you wanted or expected it to.” Misty says and Opaline frowns and sighs. She didn’t want anything bad to happen to Misty, but she knew that there was a very big possibility of that happening… and they’ve come too far to stop now. She would ask Misty to elaborate on what she meant later and once they were done, they’d figure out a way to help her… probably.

“Well… we will figure everything out. But right now, I need you with me Misty. We’re so close now. Soon we will both have what we want and this will all be over. You will have your cutie mark and take your place by my side and I will be the most powerful being in Equestria.” Opaline says as she walks closer to Misty and puts a hand on her cheek, almost smiling as Misty nuzzles into it like she used to do as a filly. “That is still what you want… isn’t it?” Opaline asks and Misty sighs and nods up at her, causing her to smile just a bit. “Good. You’ve done good and made it this far. Don’t start letting me down now.” She says, noticing Misty’s eyes flash purple for a second before she starts looking a bit less tired.

“Yes, Opaline.”


As Sunny gets flung through Maretime Bay for the third time, she can’t help but wonder if there was an easier way to do this without destroying the town or hurting Sparky. She finally stops when she crashes into the theater and she can tell that even if they succeeded, a few buildings were definitely going to be demolished before that happened. She groans in annoyance and pain before getting up and rushing outside to find her friends doing their best to keep Sparky in one spot, giving chase after him whenever he ran. He roars angrily and starts running on all fours towards Canterlogic, which was scheduled for demolition and already had cranes and construction tools and vehicles outside it. Sunny uses a scanning spell and sees the crew is inside.

“Oh crap crap crap crap CRAP! We need to stop him!” Sunny shouts before she makes a magical tendril that wraps around Sparky and she lands, trying to use her Alicorn strength to stop him or at least slow him down. He doesn’t like this however, so he jumps, taking her with him, and uses the tendril to pull her to him and slam her into the side of a building. He lands and continues running towards Canterlogic. Izzy uses her ice powers to skate after him and makes an ice path ahead of him and a few ice walls to try and trip him up, which works for a bit until he stops, roars angrily and breathes fire at the ground in a circle around himself. The flames engulf him and when they disappear, he’s gone.

Everyone’s about to question where he went until a huge green flame appears in the sky, next to one of the cranes. Sparky comes out of it and slams into the side of it, making it tilt a bit. He latches on to it and starts climbing to the top.

“Since when could he teleport?!” Pipp asks and everyone shares her shock and confusion. Zipp and Pipp fly towards him but he swings his tail towards them and Zipp is able to dodge. Pipp, however, isn’t so lucky. She gets knocked down into Maretime Bay, crashing through the Main Street and Zipp growls after seeing this. She almost starts blasting Sparky with lightning but… she has to remember that he’s still a baby dragon in there.

“Goddamnit. How do we stop him without hurting him?! Any ideas?!” Zipp asks, dodging a blast of fire from Sparky. He roars then looks confused when his hands start freezing to the crane. He easily breaks them free and continues climbing and one big jump lands him on top of Canterlogic with a powerful slam that cracks almost every window in the building. He roars angrily as his body glows a bit and he grows at least three sizes bigger. “You’ve gotta be kidding me…” Zipp says when she sees this. They were already having trouble with him when he was smaller, now he was three sizes bigger. This was not going to be easy at all if he continued growing. She’s about to try and do something until Sunny tackles him into the roof, making both of them slide across it before she kicks him away, almost sending him off it.

“Whoa! Easy Sunny!” Zipp yells, surprised with how rough her friend was being with him. Sunny uses her magic to hold him down then gives Zipp the steeliest glare she can muster.

“He’s a dragon, so he can handle it! His scales will protect him!” She shouts, sounding very frustrated and with everything that’s been going on, who could blame here.

“Even still, we don’t wanna hurt him! That’s still Sparky in there!” Zipp says, landing by Sunny.

“Do you think he knows that?! Or that he cares about hurting us or anypony else?!” Sunny shouts, her eyes glowing and Zipp is about to shout back until Sparky roars and blasts fire from his mouth but instead of going straight into the sky, it spreads in a big explosion, knocking both Zipp and Sunny off the roof and knocking Sunny into the crane, making it tilt even more and start to fall towards the street below and all the ponies in it. She quickly recovers and gets back on the roof before using her magic to hold the crane up. She looks behind her and sees Sparky slowly walking towards her through fire and she can’t lie, he looks like he got bigger… and spikier, which makes him look very intimidating right about now. “Oh come on…” She says, already struggling to keep up with everything going on.

She senses the damage that his most recent attack has caused to the building and knows that the roof is getting close to collapsing on the rest of the building and the crew inside. She growls in annoyance and starts dragging the crane back to stand it up but Sparky roars and runs towards her so she makes a shield to protect herself. He runs into it then punches it, then claws it, then breathes fire on it, giving it everything he’s got and she can feel it starting to weaken. She needs to fix the crane quickly then deal with him. But the crew…

“Zipp, Pipp! I need you two to get in there and-“ She tries to say through the comms but she’s cut off when she senses something and just barely dodges when a familiar big hammer smashes through her shield, going past her and slamming into Sparky right in his chest, knocking him to the other side of the roof and knocking the air out of him. She looks at where it came from and sees Titania standing on one of the rooftops below before she jumps all the way onto the roof of Canterlogic and grabs her hammer.

“Nice to see you again Princess. I’ve been waiting for our rematch.” She says as she points her hammer at Sunny as a gesture for a challenge. If Sunny wasn’t trying to keep a 700,000 pound crane from falling onto Maretime Bay, she probably would’ve accepted it… but duty calls.

“Well you’ll have to wait a little longer. We have a job to do.” Stormcutter says as she and Nightshade appear on either side of Sparky, who was struggling to get back up and breathe. “Damn. You really did a number on him.” She says, causing Titania to shrug and smirk under the mask covering her mouth.

“Opaline said to bring him back alive. She didn’t say unharmed.” She says as she rests the hammer on her shoulder in a relaxed stance. She then walks towards Sparky and kicks him back onto his back when she notices him sitting up. She then uses her foot to keep him there. “Time to sleep little one.” She says before raising her hammer and preparing to slam it onto his head and knock him out. Before she can, they all get knocked away by lightning and a sonic scream.

“Stay away from him!” Zipp shouts as she and Pipp land by him and get ready to defend him. Before the villains can get up, they’re frozen in place by Izzy.

“Too bad your other unicorn friend didn’t show up. I’ll bet that fire sword of hers could’ve helped you guys a lot.” Izzy says as she glares down at them but still has a triumphant smirk on her face. They hear Stormcutter chuckling and instantly know that’s not a good sign.

“Who says she didn’t?” She asks before fully laying her head down as the other two do the same. This confuses the group of friends until Izzy, Zipp, and Pipp are all knocked off the roof by flame magic and then held up by dark magic with a painful squeeze on all of them. They all grown in pain as the magic brings them all face to face with Ragnar, who’s also holding Sparky. They all try using their powers to escape, only to find that they can’t. Sunny tries using her powers to free them but she’s sent flying into the crane by flame magic from Misty's whip sword. She groans in pain and looks at the spots the flames hit and sees burns in those areas, not just on her armor and the suit underneath, but also her fur and skin.

“That’s not good…” She says, suddenly remembering that the magic in that blade was the type of magic that could kill her… alicorn magic. She just barely dodges another wave of magic, allowing it to hit the crane instead which causes a small explosion and also starts melting what’s left of it in the area it hit. Sunny then sends a wave of her own magic towards the villains, knocking them back quite a bit before Ragnar launches Izzy, Zipp, and Pipp at her and she catches them all. Before she can turn back to him though, she feels another wave of flame magic hit her in the back this time, making her yell in pain and go tumbling forward.

“Sunny!” Izzy yells in concern as Sunny tumbles to the edge of the roof, being forced to keep her grip as her magic fades back into her body for a second.

“Oh come on! You’re an Alicorn! You should be better than this.” Titania says, her disappointment clear. Sunny just glares at her but she seems unbothered by it. “And with that… I think you all have lives to save.” She says before her hammer glows brightly and she throws it at the crane as hard as she can, knocking it forward and making it fall way faster towards Maretime Bay.

And if they think that’s bad, it’s about to get way worse. Stormcutter flys up as high as she can as lightning starts radiating off her body wildly. Before anyone can stop her, she flys down as fast as she can, slamming down through the roof and every floor after before flying out of the building and sliding into Main Street. Sunny starts panicking before she uses her magic to grab onto the crane and try to pull it back… but she senses that the crew is still in the building and half of them are injured, but all of them are alive… for now. Now she’s stuck with either saving Maretime Bay or at least the ponies still in Main Street… or saving the crew.

“No… I… I can do both!” She grunts, ignoring the pain from her wounds and pulling the crane even closer, trying to fully call out her alicorn magic. She sees the villains starting to escape with Sparky and she suddenly latches on to him with magic, trying to pull him back. “I won’t… let you… take him!” She yells, fighting against the magical pull but also using it to help keep the crane from falling onto Maretime Bay.

Meanwhile, Hitch, who was helping to get ponies off of Main Street, sees this going on and sees Sparky being pulled back in forth between Sunny and the villains. He has hope that his friend can get him back… until Stormcutter cuts off the magic that Sunny was using to hold up the crane… and so many ponies were still on Main Street… and Sparky was being taken, yet he couldn’t defend him OR the residents of Maretime Bay…? No! He would protect them! All of them! He rushes forward before he can even register his next thoughts. It was as if his body was moving on its own now.

His feet suddenly start glowing green and so do a few vines that appear on the ground underneath him. He suddenly slides forward to where he sees the crane about to land and he’s suddenly launched into the air as his whole body glows green. The battle between the villains, Sunny, and the others stops when they see a huge blinding green light flash from in the town, followed by a loud, ferocious roar. They all turn to see a giant green Ursa Major catch the crane and slowly put it down. They all look amazed and when it looks at them then growls at the villains, they realize where it came from.

“Hitch?!” They all ask, even more surprised when the giant Ursa nods at them. Hitch suddenly swings at the villains and knocks them all away from Sparky, allowing Sunny to pull him towards them.

“Got him! Hitch, take him. Zipp, Pipp, Izzy, distract the villains. I’ll get the crew.” Sunny says before she starts walking towards the edge of the building and puts Sparky in Hitch’s new giant Ursa Paw.

“Sunny, it’s too dangerous! Let Zipp and Pipp save the crew, they’re way faster.” Izzy says, giving Sunny a worried look. Sunny gives her a reassuring look.

“Izzy, don’t worry, I’ll be fine. I’ll be in and out before the building collapses.” Sunny says before she runs and jumps off the building as her wings and horn form once again, allowing her to dive down and fly through the window where the closest members of the crew were. Meanwhile, everyone else splits up to do their part. Izzy, Zipp, and Pipp go to distract the recovering villains and Hitch gets everyone away from Canterlogic while taking an unconscious Sparky to safety. Mid-fight, Izzy and Zipp notice that someone’s missing and they see that it’s Misty, still not knowing for sure that it’s her under the mask.

“That little-!” Zipp tries to say, only to be cut off when they hear a roar from Hitch, then from Sparky. Before they can check it out though, Ragnar knocks Zipp into a lightning blast from Stormcutter, blasts Pipp into Izzy, then forms a ball of fire and throws it at Canterlogic, causing an explosion and setting half of the building on fire instantly. A huge wave of flame magic sets the other half on fire before Misty uses her whip sword to swing to the rest of the villains and make a wall of flame between them and the others.

“Plan A's a no-go. Time for plan B. We’ll be back for them later.” She says and the others reluctantly agree even though they could beat them right here and now… but their backup was on the way and they didn’t want the struggle right now. They didn’t know what plan B was, but they assumed they would find out soon enough. Misty quickly cuts open a portal and they all go through and it closes right as the wall of flame disappears.

Izzy, Zipp, and Pipp all get up, frustrated but also concerned. They notice Sunny hasn’t come out of the building and grow even more concerned. Izzy is about to try using her magic to put out the fire until Sunny bursts out of the building with the entire crew and lands on Main Street with them. She tumbles forward but keeps them shielded until she stops. She takes a moment to recover then looks at the building then at the crew.

“Is everyone alright? Was that everyone?” She asks and when they nod, she sighs in relief and slowly stands up straight with a little help from them. She smiles until the building finally collapses and she shields them with her magic from any debris or dust. Once it’s over, she drops the shield and after they thank her, she sends them on their way. As soon as she turns around, Izzy tackles her in a hug, knocking her over.

“Oh thank hoofness! I thought I lost you Sunny… again!” Izzy says tearfully, causing Sunny to hug her back and try to comfort her and calm her down.

“Shhh it’s ok… I’m not going anywhere anytime soon.” She says while rubbing comforting circles on Izzy’s back. Izzy soon calms down and helps her up. They see everypony coming back, some clapping and cheering for them for saving them and the crew and some distraught and upset about the destruction and damage caused by the chase and the fight. They see a familiar, well-known yellow pony with a pink mane that holds a lot of influence in Maretime Bay. After seeing the glare on her face before she walks away, they could tell that she was just gonna make things way worse for them…

“Great… last thing we needed was to be on Posey's bad side.” Zipp says as she and Pipp land by Sunny and Izzy.

“You mean even MORE on her bad side… but right now, we should check on Hitch and Sparky then… help clean up some of this mess.” Sunny says and they all agree before going in the direction Hitch went with Sparky. Hopefully by the time they got there, he would be small and calm again, but who knows. It didn’t matter anyway, because Plan B… was going to prove more than enough for the villains.


“So you’re telling me… that you came back empty handed… when you could’ve grabbed the dragon?!” Opaline shouts, stomping hard enough to make the entire castle shake. She was definitely not taking the news well… but luckily, Misty’s plan was about to save their hides.

“Not exactly. It may not be a dragon… but,” Misty starts before taking out a container, similar to the one containing Midnight's magic but smaller. Opaline notices that it has something green inside which could only be one thing. “It is dragon fire.” Misty continues as she holds it towards Opaline, giving it to her. Opaline nearly smiles, but first… it’s time to truly test her theory. She opens the container and the fire slowly creeps out before flowing into her body and she closes her eyes as it starts to take the effect that she had been hoping for.

She opens her eyes and there’s literal fire behind them. Opaline crushes the container and slowly melts it before she slowly floats into the air, chuckling. The others back up in fear, but Misty stands her ground, smiling up at her mother figure and Queen, glad to see her happy.

“My my my, Misty. You have truly outdone yourself this time… but we’re not done yet. This isn’t nearly as strong as I need to be. That… is why I need that dragon. His fire is special and possibly the only type of dragon fire that can restore my power. So next time I give you all the task of grabbing him… don’t come back without him. Do I make myself clear?” Opaline demands, glaring at them all as fire starts coming off her wings and the temperature in the room raises drastically. They all nod and she lowers herself as the fire stops. “Good. But for now, I would like to speak with Misty. Alone.” She says and the others step out while Misty stands in front of Opaline nervously.

“You have done incredibly well Misty. Now, I just need you to keep it up. We’re so close. Soon there will be no more unity or equality. Only ponies with power and ponies without it.” Opaline says as she starts circling Misty, making her feel even more nervous. “But for that, I’m going to need you to get back out there and see what you can learn from those ponies. I know what happened in the city of Alicorns, and I know they suspect you. So gain their trust while also gaining information. At least for one day, then report back to me. Can you do that?” She asks and Misty nods, making her smile.

“Good. But for now, get some rest. With the spell fading and giving you back control, you look awful.” Opaline says and Misty frowns a bit and nods again before walking out of the throne room, leaving Opaline to enjoy feeling a mere fraction of her power returned to her again.

“And so it begins. My upbringing… and their downfall.