• Published 11th Aug 2023
  • 439 Views, 15 Comments

My Little Pony: Harmony and Chaos - AlphaToothless95



After Sunny's defeat of Midnight, she and her friends try adjusting to life as world famous heroes… but as they progress, things turn sinister as a new threat arises. One who just might send Equestria back into a time similar or worse than Midnight's

  • ...
6
 15
 439

A new evil

As the Mane 5 surveyed the damage left at Canterlogic, they couldn’t help but be shocked, horrified, and angry. A big part of the building was missing as a result of a gas explosion due to a misfire that ended up causing a gas leak and when the gas came in contact with some sort of fire magic, it exploded. So many sentries and mech suits were destroyed along with years of research and development. A bit of the staff was either dead or injured along with visiting civilians. And last but not least, Canterlogic was on the verge of being shut down. How could one pony cause so much damage? Why would they? So many questions and not enough answers.

Zipp notices something in the side of one of the sentry droid heads. She gets a closer look and sees its a blade. She puts on a glove before grabbing it and gently pulling it out. She looks it over and sees that it must’ve belonged to the unicorn who did all this. She sees a marking at the bottom of the blade and it’s… an alicorn marking… but not like Midnight's. She looks around again and just now notices signs of panicked firing patterns. The sentries and guards were firing wildly. She then remembers how dark it was in the video and also remembers that some of the injured workers and civilians had been shot instead of stabbed. Hm… not only was this new threat evil, they were smart. They must’ve hit the lights before attacking… they wanted to strike fear into the hearts of their victims but also wanted to make sure it would be hard to make out important details about them.

Meanwhile, Sunny and Hitch were questioning Phyllis about what was happening before this unicorn struck and about whatever it could have been that they were looking for. Phyllis explains that, per Sunny’s request, they had gathered up any remaining magic that belonged to Midnight after she was killed and locked it up for safe keeping. This comes as a shock to Hitch who gives Sunny a look but she ignores it, not willing to argue about it. Sunny is just about to ask Phyllis to take them to where it was locked up so they could make sure it was still there but then they hear a bit of commotion outside and walk out to see Twilight walking towards the building through a crowd of ponies, most likely reporters.

“Twilight! It’s so good to see you.” Sunny says and Twilight smiles before stopping in front of the three ponies and nodding down at Sunny.

“It’s good to see you too. Though I wish it was under better circumstances.” Twilight says, her smile being replaced with a frown. Sunny frowns too and they all walk in the building and they show Twilight what they’ve found so far before going to where Midnight's magic was locked up. They see a blade lodged into the scanner next to the door and see that the door is open. When they see that the container that was holding Midnight's magic is gone, Sunny instantly starts to panic and look around for it frantically.

“No no no! Damnit! We have to find it! NOW!” Sunny says, desperately still looking, just in case it was still there… even though she knew it wasn’t.

“Sunny. Sunny, calm down-“ Hitch tries to say but Sunny slams her fist into the wall, turning to him with a scary look in her, now golden, eyes.

“Don’t tell me to calm down! Do you not get how bad this is?! I had them contain Midnight's magic to keep it from falling into the wrong hands!” Sunny snaps before gesturing around the trashed room. “It’s in the wrong hands now! If they manage to harness Midnight’s magic, or worse, use it to bring her back, then whatever happens next will be my. Fault!” She says before slamming both her fists down on the platform the magic was supposed to be on and lowers her head, about to lose her mind.

“Can I talk to Sunny alone for a minute?” Twilight requests and Hitch hesitates before nodding and he and Phyllis both walk off and Twilight walks further into the room and stands on the other side of the table, across from Sunny. “Sunny… we need to talk… not just about this but… about something else.” Twilight says and Sunny goes wide-eyed as she wonders if Twilight knew about her nightmares. She slowly stands up straight and looks at Twilight, trying and failing not to look nervous.

“Solaris and Izzy both informed me earlier that you have been having nightmares… for two years and soon to be three. They also told me that a while ago, you said you’d think about it. So… care to explain?” Twilight asks and Sunny sighs and shakes her head before nervously trying to form a explanation for her behavior.

“I… I’m so sorry Twilight. I just… I didn’t wanna trouble you. You have a lot of your own problems to deal with so… I didn’t want you to worry and try to help me with mine… especially when they involve something or… someone you definitely wouldn’t wanna talk about.” Sunny says and Twilight frowns but nods in understanding.

“I see… your nightmares are about Midnight… aren’t they?” Twilight asks and Sunny frowns and nods. Twilight sighs, closing her eyes before opening them and once again looking at Sunny. “I still have nightmares about her too. At first I though they would just go away and for the most part, they have. I don’t get them as much but I still get some pretty awful ones. The best way to handle it is to remember that Midnight is gone and even if she did come back, we would defeat her again. You killed her once, you can do it again.” Twilight says and Sunny smiles before that smile slowly turns into a look of sadness and fear, gaining a confused look from Twilight.

“But that’s one thing I’m afraid of… killing again. I don’t want to kill anyone because… I’m afraid that I’ll turn into… her. She was a monster who enjoyed killing… what if I become just like her?” Sunny wonders, starting to shake in fear and Twilight frowns more when she sees this.

“Oh Sunny…” Twilight says softly before going around to her and pulling her into a soft hug and Sunny returns the hug, starting to shake less but Twilight could feel that she was still scared.

“I know it’s silly of me but… what if I actually do and I become something else outside of who and what my friends know and love… What if my friends… what if Izzy wouldn’t love me anymore…? What if my parents wouldn’t…?” Sunny asks and Twilight gently puts a hand under Sunny’s chin and lifts her head up to look at her.

“Sunny… there is nothing you could ever do or ever be that would make them stop loving you… nothing. You give them the strength they need to keep moving forward… and they’ll do the same for you. That’s what friends are really for… to teach us… to guide us… to support us… and we have to do the same for them… no matter what.” Twilight says and Sunny goes wide-eyed when she hears that and Twilight smiles. “So when you feel like your friends won’t be there for you if you go down that path, which you won’t, just remember… Friendship is Eternal.” She says and Sunny slowly nods and smiles, starting to feel reassured.

Twilight was right. She couldn’t let anything, not even something as big as this discourage her and she wouldn’t. She was going to fix this, but she was going to do it with the help of her friends. And, if needed, they would call on any other friends and allies that they would need in the adventure ahead of them. One way or another, they were going to stop this pony and whatever they were planning… no matter the cost.


As Izzy and Hitch were handling damage control and looking for any clues that the unicorn might have left behind, even though the whole looking for clues was really Zipp's thing, Izzy got so into it that she wasn’t looking where she was going so she ends up bumping into somepony, giving them both a painful tumble. They both groan in pain as they slowly get up and look at each other, apologizing for the incident. Izzy gasps when she sees it’s a new unicorn that she’s never seen before in Bridlewood OR Maretime Bay.

“Hi new friend! My name's Izzy!” Izzy says excitedly as she quickly straightens up. The new unicorn, who was wearing a teal blue hoodie, dark blue and light green shoes, and jeans, looks a bit nervous but that’s ok, Izzy understands. “What’s your name? Where are you from? Ah, who am I kidding? You’re from Bridlewood! All unicorns are, well maybe not all, but I’ve never seen you before so you must be new. Anyway, welcome to Maretime Bay new friend!” Izzy shouts all in one big ramble, causing the unicorn to become a bit startled… well… more startled than she most likely already was but still.

The unicorn takes two steps back, just staring at her with a confused and shocked look on her face before she slowly starts to loosen up and become much less tense. Wait… that was weird. She was so tense as if she was prepared to run off at the first sign of trouble but her hand had also been… reaching towards her back pocket or something…? Hm… Ah, it was probably nothing to worry about. Izzy watches as the unicorn lowers her hand and relaxes her muscles a bit before smiling at her nervously.

“Misty… my name’s Misty.”


As Solaris exited the school, she stretches her arms and legs, happy to finally be done for the day. She yawns tiredly as she continues stretching before relaxing her muscles and securing her backpack. She says goodbye to her friends then slowly starts to walk towards the Brighthouse and when she makes it halfway, she hears something and it sounds like… thunder? She looks over towards the path leading to Bridlewood and sees a few flashes coming from a distance away.

Now… she knows she should probably tell Sunny about it but… something about those flashes seems… familiar and she doesn’t know why. Making up her mind and letting curiosity get the better of her, she sighs and flys towards where the flashes are taking place. “What am I doing…?” She asks herself as she continues flying. She could just teleport but she didn’t really wanna rush there, just in case it was something bad. If it was something bad when she got there, then she’d teleport to wherever Sunny was and tell her about what she saw. That was a good plan, right…?

She gets to the spot where the flashes were going off and it seems like they’ve lessened and all she sees is a spark of lightning appearing every few seconds as the wind seems to pick up around the area. “Whoa… what is this?” Solaris asks, amazed and confused. Once the lightning starts appearing faster and more violent than ever, she starts backing up until it opens a portal with a black middle but a rainbow outline. Solaris gains a fearful look as she recognizes where this portal leads to. She senses something… or someONE coming out of it and quickly moves out of the way as a black streak rushes out of it with a trail of multicolored lightning and fire being left in its path as it crashes through trees and dirt.

The portal closes soon after and Solaris slowly walks towards whatever came out of it, readying her magic just in case. She continues walking until she sees a… a pegasus the same size and age as her on the ground… and this was a Pegasus she recognized.

“S… Sky Blazer…?”