• Published 7th Oct 2012
  • 1,318 Views, 39 Comments

My Little Pony: Friendship is Elementary - LittleBoyBlue



Cheerilee has been assigned to Caretaker of a unique, unicorn stallion

  • ...
1
 39
 1,318

Irregular Tile

“Lieutenant Sterling,” a green-eyed Royal Guard turned to the voice, facing away from the pink mare behind him. “What happened here?”
“Ah Sherlock,” the lieutenant said, a smile showing on his face. “So nice to see you out of rehabilitation. How are you doing?”

“Quite fine lieutenant, now,” Sherlock raised his eyebrows in impatience. “the problem?”

“Oh yes.” The guard turned to the mare. “Miss Pie, I’d like you to meet-“

“Ooh! Sherly Homes! I am SUPER excited to see you again!” Pinkie said, as she wrapped Holmes in a hug, surprising the stallion. Cheerilee gave him a confused look. Sherlock awkwardly wrapped his forelegs around her, returning the hug.

“It’s….nice to see you too….Pinkamena.”

“I’ve told you already silly! It’s Pinkie!” she said, as she broke the hug and gave a bright smile. Sherlock then turned to see Cheerilee’s confusion.

“She visited my rehabilitation center when I arrived. To this day, I don’t know how she knew about my arrival.” Cheerilee then gave a nod, understanding Pinkie’s randomness. “Anyways, Pinkame-“

“Pinkie!” she interrupted. Sherlock coughed.

“Miss…Pie…..What seems to have occurred here?”

“Well,” Pinkie said, still in her usual peppy state. “It all started when I woke up to bake my super-delicious cookies.” Pinkie said, remembering the events. “I was mixing the batter together when I realized how yummy the mix looked! So I took just a small lick. You know, just to make sure that it’s good. And it was! So I continued mixing, until I began thinking to myself, `Is the batter still good Pinkie?'” Pinkie said, in a slightly higher pitch of voice. “And since I care about everypony I serve my treats to, I agreed with myself and said, `I don’t know, let’s check!'” She said, in her normal voice. “Sooooooo I took another lick, then another…..then another….then anoth-“

“Miss Pie,” Sherlock said in an exasperated tone. “Does this have anything to do with what happened here?”

“Nope!”

He exhaled as he turned to Cheerilee. She shrugged, as Sherlock turned back to the pink party pony. “Miss Pie,” He said.“Can you PLEASE tell us what happened here?”

Pinkie gave a big grin. “Sure! I was knocked out, and when I woke up, all the pastries were gone!”

Sherlock raised his brow. “ALL of them?”

“Yep!”

“I see,” he said in affirmation. “Thanks for your cooperation Miss Pie.”

“It’s Pinkie, Sherly!” She said, in her playful voice. “Miss Pie was my Mommy! And you’re welcome!”

Holmes exhaled once more, as he headed back to Cheerilee. “Let’s head inside the scene.” He said.

“Now wait!” Cheerilee said, stopping him. “I’m a teacher, not a detective! Why are we going inside a crime scene? We should just let the guards do their jo-”

“C’mon Holmes,” Lt. Sterling said to him. “Let’s go in.” Cheerilee sighed. She followed the lieutenant and Sherlock into the bakery, grumbling.
~~~~~~~
“All gone. Just like she said Holmes.”

The kitchen was cleared. No sign of bread nor filling was seen anywhere. The Lieutenant entered in after Sherlock and Cheerilee.

“Kinda makes you wonder who could just come and steal all the bread without being seen.”

Sherlock just humphed in affirmation. "She got knocked out.........yet she shows no sign of grogginess...." Holmes said under his breath. He then took a sniff of the air. “Cupcakes.” Sherlock said.

“Yes. Of course it would smell like that Mister Holmes.” Cheerilee pointed out.

“We ARE in a bakery.” The Lieutenant piped in.

Sherlock began sniffing repeatedly. He moved closer to the sink. He then stopped sniffing, and stood where he stopped. “The baked goods are still here….”

“What?” Sterling said in surprise. “Holmes, I assure you, my comrades looked everywh-“

“Not everywhere Lieutenant,” Sherlock interrupted. “Had your guards actually stopped and looked closer at the ground, they could’ve seen the slightly disproportionate square tile below me.”

Cheerilee and the Lieutenant looked over his shoulder. “I don’t see anything.” The school teacher said.

“You must be blind Miss Cheerilee,” Sherlock said. “It’s right there.”

Cheerilee gave a look of confusion. Holmes sighed.

“All right. Just step here and…” Holmes stepped on the tile, causing it to be situated correctly into the floor. Suddenly, the sink rotated slowly to reveal a remarkable sight.

“Sweet Celestia.” Lieutenant Sterling gasped. There laid an unconscious blue pegasus, on top of an enormous mound of pastries. The Pegasus opened his eyes, now gaining consciousness.

“Well, it looks like we just caught our “Bakery Bandit”.” Sterling said, heading towards the Pegasus.

“Out of all ponies,” Cheerilee said in total shock. “Soarin’?” Sherlock had a look of uncertainty on his face.

“Maybe not, Miss Cheerilee.” He looked on, as the Lieutenant cuffed the Wonderbolt. “Maybe not....”
~~~~~~~~~~~~