• Published 7th Oct 2012
  • 1,318 Views, 39 Comments

My Little Pony: Friendship is Elementary - LittleBoyBlue



Cheerilee has been assigned to Caretaker of a unique, unicorn stallion

  • ...
1
 39
 1,318

Experimental Pie

Sherlock and Cheerilee were watching the Lieutenant interrogate Soarin from behind the one-way mirror. The Lieutenant was heard accusing him of his misdemeanor, and Soarin was there, denying it all. Holmes exhaled slowly.

"This is wrong, this is all WRONG." He breathed out.

"Exactly. How did I go from my classroom, all the way to the Royal Castle?!" Cheerliee exclaimed.

"No, that was deducible. THIS," Sherlock said, pointing at the interrogation. "is wrong!"

"As I said, Mister Holmes, let the Royal Guards do their jobs."

"But they do it horribly!" Sherlock then moved near the mirror. "Look at him! He couldn't possibly have been the "Bakery Bandit"!"

Cheerilee sighed in exasperation. "Look, we've done ENOUGH here. I'm surprised the kind guards even let us in here." She moved towards Holmes. "Let's just go back home. I need to start my lesson with you." Sherlock turned towards her.

"Hold on one moment please." He then trotted off away from her. Cheerilee groaned, as she began to follow him. Sherlock moved all the way to the lobby, to where a table full of fancy treats. He examined each of the pastries.

"What are you doing?" Cheerilee asked him.

"Proving a stallion innocent........Ah! Here it is!" He then lifted up a small, circular treat, with a red filling.

"A pie?"

"And........" He looked around the table. "some tiramisu!" He grabbed both pastries with his magic and placed them on some plates. He then carried the plates, as he headed back to the interrogation room.

"Mister Holmes?" Cheerilee was quickening her pace to keep up with the stallion. "What are you doing?!" she asked with anxiety in her voice."

"Just an experiment Miss Cheerilee." He then approached the door to the room. The guard at the door gave him a suspicious look. "For the Lieutenant, sir." He said, showing him his "badge" The guard looked at the small trinket.

"All right then Private, come on in." The guard opened the door, stepping aside for Holmes. Cheerilee stayed outside, behind the one-way mirror. The door closed, as the Lieutenant gave a surprised look at Holmes.

"Holmes? What are you doing here? Can't you see I'm in the middle of an inter-"

"Your guard is a bloomin' idiot Lieutenant, and I'm here to prove Mister Soarin's innocence."

"FINALLY! Somepony's actually listening to me!"

"But you saw it yourself Holmes. Soarin was lying on top of the missing piles of baked goods! He's obviously the Bandit!"

"Just watch this Lieutenant." Holmes then headed over to Soarin. "Hungry?" He asked him.

"Oh yes, I'm STARVED!"

Holmes then floated the tiramisu in front of him. Soarin just blankly stared at it.

"Ummmm.......what's this?"

"Holmes, what are you doing?" The Lieutenant asked impatiently.

"Tiramisu." Holmes said, answering Soarin's question. Soarin moved closer to the cake. He took a short sniff of it. He looked in confusion at the cake, not knowing what it is. He then gave a small lick.

"Ehh...not my cup of tea." He concluded.

"This is ridiculous." The Lieutenant grumbled.

"Okay, then how about this?" Holmes then levitated the small pie to Soarin.

"PIE!!!!" Soarin practically leaped at the pie, devouring it in seconds. He then licked his lips in delight. "Seconds please?" He asked.

"Lieutenant, Mister Soarin cannot possibly be the Bakery Bandit." Sherlock said, turning to him.

"Why not? Just because he chose pie over some tiramisu?"

"Not just that Lieutenant, if you looked back to where we found Mister Soarin, you would've seen him lying on top of some cupcakes and muffins. But realize that he has not eaten a single pastry. GIven the fact that we know MisterSoarin prefers pies over any other pastry, I found it strange that there was a large pile of pies untouched behind him.They should've been gone a long time ago if he WAS the Bandit. And he would've been full instead of hungry by now." Holmes turned to Soarin. "Wasn't there supposed to be a show this afternoon?"

"Yeah. And I'm gonna be late if I don't-"

"Lieutenant, don't you find it a bit odd that we found Mister Soarin at half past eleven, yet he was not wearing his costume for the show?"

Lieutenant Sterling brought his hoof to his chin in thought. "All right Holmes, I'll give you that, but it still doesn't convince me that he's innocent."

"I told you already! It must have been that pie that Fluttershy girl gave me!"

Sherlock turned to Soarin. "A pie, you say?"

"Holmes, don't believe his ridiculous story."

"But its true!" Soarin persisted to the Lieutenant. He then turned back to Holmes. "It was 11:15. I knew I had to get ready for my practices for today's show. So I got up to prepare, but then I heard a knock at my door. I opened it to find this yellow pegasus mare named Fluttershy. Didn't really know much 'bout the kid, except for her saying that she brought me a pie she baked for me. Of course, I could barely hear her cause she talked so softly." Soarin then gave a smirk. "But I could easily tell that she has a MAJOR crush on me." Soarin then exhaled. "So anyways, me not being the rude type, thanked her and sent her off. I got inside to eat the pie, and let me tell ya, it was the most delicious whipped cream pie I have ever tasted." Soarin leaned back into his chair. "Next thing I knew, I passed out five minutes later. Then I woke up at Sugar Cube Corner, where I am being held by the Royal Guards at the castle right now, which is wasting valuable time from my sched-"

"Thank you Mister Soarin, that will be all." Sherlock interrupted, heading towards the door. He knocked on the door, signaling the guard outside to open it. The door was opened, as Sherlock walked out. He stopped to look at the guard.
"You might want to improve your vision. Get some glasses already, and it really doesn't matter if they make you look silly. You're welcome." Sherlock walked away, as the guard stared at him with a bewildered face. Cheerilee then caught up to Holmes.

"Very unorthodox experiment, Mister Holmes."

"Don't try to use big words to sound smart Miss Cheerilee. You may be a teacher but you've sometimes got to show some humility. It's healthy for you."

Cheerilee rolled her eyes in annoyance. "Where are we going now, Mister Holmes?"

"To visit our latest suspect," he replied, as they began to walk out of the castle. "Miss Fluttershy's residence."

"Oh dear." Cheerilee said in exasperation. "I sure am `one lucky pony'." She reluctantly followed Holmes, as he made his way to Fluttershy's Cottage.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~