• Published 4th Aug 2023
  • 1,016 Views, 40 Comments

Age of the Alicorns Book One: The Swords of Justice - HarryBuilder



Seven Knights must be called upon to unite with the Elements of Harmony to defend Equestria

  • ...
2
 40
 1,016

The Final Battle Part 1 (Daymare's Wrath)

In Luna’s chamber in the Canterlot palace, a portal opened up in the middle of the room as the Heroic 14, Spike and Luna appeared from it, while the Seven Swords and Luna landed perfectly on their hooves while the Mane 7 and Spike landed pretty unbalanced as they fell to the ground as they groaned from it.

“Oooh, are we getting danger paid for this?” Sunset groaned on the ground.

Blaze chuckled, “Hey, that was better than last time, so you're getting a little better.” He told them.

“Though I think we should work on your landings.” Midnight suggested with an amusing chuckle.

“I still hate these Waypoints.” Rainbow muttered.

The Seven Stallions then helped the mares and dragon up as they looked around and saw that they were in Luna’s chamber.

“We’re in Luna’s room.” Twilight said in surprise. “That means we’re in the Canterlot Palace.”

“We told you we come here often to see Mistress.” Storm pointed out. “How do you think we avoid being seen and avoid the guards in the palace?” He asked.

“Of course there were a few,” Hydro then let out a sheepish cough, “Incidents.” He said while the boys turned their heads away awkwardly while Luna puffed her cheeks a bit and looked up while blushing.

Spike raised a confused brow, “What kind of ‘incidents’?” He questioned as the mares looked at them curiosity.

“W-well…” Volt stammered nervously.

Arbor then covered Volt’s mouth so he didn't blow the secret as Luna spoke.

“It is something we agree to never speak of again.” Luna said firmly while her face was as dignified as she could, as she remembered the time when the Swords came to visit her…let’s just say that it was a bad time to have come out from the shower while wearing just a towel.

“Really?” Pinkie asked with a raised eyebrow.

“What in tarnation are you talking about…?” Applejack tried to speak but was cut off.

“Can we just drop it, ponies?” Rocky questioned with a look. “We have more important things to deal with.” He reminded them.

“He’s right, ponies.” Luna spoke up with a determined look. “We gotta go save our friends and save my sister from her nightmare before it is too late!” She called out.

“So where do we start?” Fluttershy asked.

“How about the front of the castle courtyard?” Volt suggested as they all turned to him as Volt was looking out the window.

“What made you come up with that idea, Volt?” Rarity asked in curiosity.

“Look outside,” Volt pointed.

The rest of the rushed out to the window Volt is looking through and gasping in shock as they see Daymare and their friends in front of a crowd of ponies while their friends are tied up with Daymare firing up her horn.

“Looks like Daymare really likes to make things public to let everypony see what happens when they define her.” Volt commented causally.

“You said it, Volt. That is a little out in the open.” Pinkie added in agreement.

“Looks like she is about to speak!” Spike declared.

Daymare fanned out her wings, “Citizens of Equestria, it is I, Daymare Sol, your one true Ruler of Equestria!” She declared before gesturing to the captured ponies, Zebra and Draconeqeus, “Look upon those who chose to stand against me, chose to stand against my new world order!” She announced as the captured group glared at her. “My Equestria has no need for rebelliousness or chaos, and to insure that order shall prevail these criminals must be removed, permanently!

“Celestia, this is crazy!” Discord yelled out. “Even by your standards, you would never try an execution!” He pointed out before he dodged a laser from Daymare.

The name is Daymare Sol!” Daymare yelled out with a glare. “And just for that, you shall be the first to be struck down!

Discord wasn’t even once afraid. “Have you forgotten who I am? I am the Lord of Chaos, spirit as well, you can even get rid of me if you can.” He pointed out.

Maybe so, but I can contain you by turning you back into stone!” Daymare declared that Discord actually flinched from that as she then gave an evil smirk. “And then, drop you off this mountain to be shattered in countless pieces.

“WHAT?!” Discord cried out in fear. “Being trapped in stone for a thousand years is fine, b-but isn’t death by shattering from really high up a little extreme?!” He asked fearfully.

Maybe a little. But entertaining to watch.” Daymare answered sinisterly. “Don’t worry, I’ll be sure to send Fluttershy a picture of your demise if she is still around.” She added.

Discord began to shake in fear while sweating as well as he trembled. “C-can we talk this out?” He asked hopefully.

Nope.” Daymare answered sinisterly as she charged up her horn.

From Luna’s chamber, Fluttershy saw this as she gave a fierce expression as she felt something in her being resurfaced as she breathed heavily. “Um, Fluttershy?” Arbor asked nervously.

“Darling, are you, alright?” Rarity asked, already knowing what was going to happen.

“Nopony… messes… with… MY…FRIENDS!!!” Fluttershy yelled out, which startled the others by her outburst, even the Seven Swords, as Fluttershy flew out of the window at high speed, as fast as Rainbow Dash, as they others looked on in surprise as the Mares gave small smirks at this outcome.

“What… just… happened?” Midnight asked in shock.

“That, my friend, is when Fluttershy becomes Flutterrage.” Rainbow said with a small smirk.

Blaze smirked a bit himself, “Never seen her so steamed, I kinda like it.” He admitted.

“Do you think we should give her a hoof?” Volt asked awkwardly.

“Yes, let's.” Arbor said in agreement.

“For those of us who can’t fly, huddle up.” Midnight advised as the non-pegasus or Alicorn huddled around Midnight and Sunset.

“Wait, we still need-” Luna tried to them but was too late as the unicorns used their magic to teleport out of the room while winged ponies flew out the window after Fluttershy. “A plan.” she finished with an unamused frown.

Luna then placed a hoof to her face, “Ugh, youth.” She groaned before giving a thoughtful look. “Celestia and I were never like this with the original Swords.” She said to herself before she corrected herself. “Wait a celestial second, we really were. We really do rush into things a lot.” She said in a bored tone before flying out of her chamber window and after the others.


At the courtyard, Daymare was about to blast Discord as her horn charged up.

Time for you to be a pile of rocks again, Discord.” Daymare sinisterly said.

“Meep, mommy.” Discord squeaked as he closed his eyes while waiting for his fate.

But before Daymare was about to blast Discord, she was tackled down to the ground by a yellow blur with the wind knocked out of her lungs from something hard and made of metal as she fell on her back.

W-Who dares?!” Daymare demanded as she looked up and went wide eyes at seeing Fluttershy. “You!” She hissed.

“Not just her!” Daymare’s eyes widened before something landed on her head, “Surprise!” Storm declared with a smirk and started yanking on her horns. “Thought you got rid of us, huh?!”

Daymare growled as she tossed Storm off her and bucked Fluttershy off as she shook her head and put her crown back in place. She then looked up and saw the rest of the Heroic fourteen landing beside them.

You!” Daymare growled with gritted teeth.

“Yeah, we’re back.” Midnight said with a determined smirk. “And here to save Equestria.”

“And free Princess Celestia!” Twilight finished with a determined glare.

Daymare then stomped her hooves towards them, but they dodged, “How can this be?! I watched fly into the freezing cold of the north!” She yelled.

Midnight smirked at her, “It takes more than a little ‘cold’ to kill us!” He said before zapping her right in the face.

Daymare flinched as she rubbed her face from Midnight’s laser before she was kicked to the chin by Applejack.

“That’s for taking our sisters, ya vermin!” Applejack yelled out in anger.

Daymare got her bearings as she glared at them. “You may have survived the cold, but can you handle the heat!?” She then charged up her horn with fiery magic as she then created a group of fire-geist warriors around her as the heroes were shocked at what she made.

“That’s new.” Twilight muttered in shock before turning to Luna. “Did you do that spell before when you were Nightmare Moon, Luna?” She asked.

“No, this surprised even me.” Luna said in surprise, even she was shocked that this kind of spell exists.

Destroy them!” Daymare ordered as the fiery warriors then charged at the heroes.

“Swords and Elements, engage!” Midnight declared as he and his brothers charged at them while the Mane 7 and Spike watched them run off as Rainbow spoke.

“We need a new rally cry.” Rainbow commented.

“No time, Rainbow! Follow their lead!” Twilight yelled out as she turned to Spike. “Spike, free our friends! We’ll handle these things!” She instructed as she and the rest of the Mane 7 trotted off.

“Ay-ay!” Spike saluted as he ran off to free their captive friends.

Midnight then attacked first as he then used his dark magic and blasted the fire warrior back.

The others followed in suit as the Seven Swords uses their weapons or elemental powers to attack their own opponents while Hydro and Blaze having more of an advantage since their powers is fire and water base, which gave them the edge as Hydro evaporate his opponent’s attack while Blaze manipulate his by challenging each others fire attacks.

The Mane 7 attack theirs the best they can, but with hardly any combat experience, they barely dodge each attack while either using their natural skills or magic to hold them back as Rarity was hit from behind as she fell to the floor with a yell.

“Rarity!” The mares cried out in panic for their friend, but then they saw her getting up like it was nothing, which surprised them.

Rarity was just as surprised, “My word, I’m alright!” She said with a surprised smile.

“Wow, these armors are pretty strong!” Pinkie cheered as she was being hit multiple times, but wasn’t fazed one bit as she still gave her cheery smile. “I’m not feeling anything!”

Applejack and Rocky bucked the warriors away from Pinkie before they turned to their pink friend. “Try not to push your luck, Pinkie.” Rocky said firmly. “That armor may be tough but ain’t invincible.” He pointed out.

“Okay!” Pinkie cheerfully said as she hops away.

“Is she ever serious?” Rocky asked Applejack with a raised eyebrow.

“Sugah, I could tell ya stories.” Applejack told him with a dull expression.

Hydro then fired his water elements at a few fire warriors as they evaporated. “Do you fiery beasts think you can handle the Knight of Water?” He questioned as he blocked a strike from one before evaporating it again.

Blaze then front flipped to him twice as he used his fire element to move the fire warriors around before tossing them into a distance as he gave a smirk.

“Why destroy what you can control?!” Blaze joked with a smirk before he then moved his hoof around as a fire warrior behind him started turning in the air as he was tossed away without looking. “This is fun!” He cheered.

Sunset blasted one trying to cut him down from behind, “Focus! No time for show-boating!” She berated him.

“Well, tell that to our flying show-boats!” Blaze retorted while pointing at Storm and Rainbow.

Rainbow knocked out one fire warrior with a smirk, “Ha! I’ve taken out 20!” She declared.

“Oh yeah?” Stormy challenged as he summoned the wind and twirled them around as they hit the floor hard. “I’ve taken out 24!” He boasted with a smirk.

Rainbow then took out a few more. “Make that 30!” She countered with a playful smirk.

Storm blew away a few more. “40!” He said with a playful wink.

“45! 50! 60! 65!” The two Pegasi spoke out as they took out their numbers of fire-geists.

“Okay, fair point.” Sunset said in defeat at seeing Rocky and Rainbow turning this into a game.

Midnight and Twilight stood wing to wing with fire-geists all around them, “Think you can handle this many?” Twilight asked the stallion behind her.

Midnight gave a slight shrug. “Well, it might be tough if one more pops up.” He admits.

“Then that’ll have to be the one I take care of.” Twilight replies with a smirk.

Midnight smirked back at her, “What, you're fighting too? Guess I was too busy saving your flank to notice, your majesty.” He teased her.

Twilight gave a slight blush from that as she bumped him by the flank. “I can handle it! I’m not as fragile as you think!” She called out.

Midnight gave a slight chuckle. “Wanna prove it?” He asked with a smirk.

Twilight smirked and gave a small laugh. “Oh it’s on!” She declared as they both charged back into battle.

The two ponies then started blasting the fire warriors away as Midnight sliced through some while Twilight blasted some back with her magic as the two then switched places and defend each other from upcoming attacks as they punch, kick, sliced, block and blast the warriors back as the two seemed to be a perfect team to each other as they were now standing back to back to each other.

Twilight gave a smirk. “How’s that for a fragile princess?” She boasted with a smirk.

“Mmm, it’s getting there.” Midnight teased as Twilight shook her head playfully.

“Can’t seem to surprise you.” Twilight said playfully as they continued the battle.

Daymare watches the Elements and Swords fighting together against her fire warriors as she gritted her teeth in rage, but before she could think of striking at them, she was struck from the back of the head by a blue magic.

Daymare turned and looked up in surprise as she saw Luna behind her with a fierce look with a sword in her magical grasp. "Your opponent is me, sister!" Luna Declared.

Luna, you forgot your place.” Daymare sneered as she flew up and landed in front of Luna. “I did this for you, to force ponies to give you the appreciation you always wanted, and still you choose them?” She questioned as she readied her solar halberd she summoned.

Luna kept her glare as she readied her magic and her horn. “No, you did this for yourself, you took your anger and pain and turned it into a weapon to become the very thing that robbed you of me.” She said as she then charged with a battle cry as she tackled Daymare to a wall, which caused it to crack as Daymare quickly blocked Luna’s sword with her staff.

I will burn Equestria and all these ungrateful mortal insects!” Daymare yelled out.

“Then, you’ll have to go through me, sister!” Luna yelled back before Daymare pushed her back as Luna was kicked back with a roll as Daymare swung her weapon as the two sisters clashed.

"You can't win, Tia!" Luna told her corrupted sister.

Celestia snarled at her, "This is my kingdom! MY destiny!" She roared before charging at Luna again.

On the battlefield, Spike managed to get through the battle and get to their captured friends as he stood in front of them.

“Hey, guys.” Spike said as he went to the CMC first.

“Spike!” Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom and Scootaloo cheered happily as Spike undid their binds.

“Boy, are we glad to see ya.” Apple Bloom said in joy.

“Don’t thank me yet. Now help me free the others.” Spike said while pointing to Shining, Cadance, Discord and Zecora still tied up.

“On it!” The CMC called out before Scootaloo noticed Spike’s armor.

“Wow, Spike! That is one awesome armor you have there!” Scootaloo complimented him.

“Thanks, it was a gift from Midnight.” Spike said with a prideful smile as Sweetie and Applebloom managed to free the others.

Discord then did a few stretches. “Oh, thank the ancients that's over!” He said as he twisted his long body out.

Shining then rushed up to Cadance. “Are you okay, honey?” He asked in concern.

“I’m fine, Shiny.” Cadance assured her husband with a warm smile.

“Then I suggest you two get to cover, while we try to aid the others.” Zecora suggested.

Shining and Cadance turned and saw the battle as the Heroic 14 and Luna are fighting Daymare and her fire warriors.

“But we can help them.” Cadance protested.

"I am afraid you cannot join this battle princess, for I may know the reason for your emotional stress." Zecora explained, since she has studied Cadance’s behavior from before during their time in the dungeon together.

Shining and Cadance raised an eyebrow from this. “What do you mean?” Shining asked in confusion.

Zecora motioned her hoof to the princess of the Crystal Empire as she got close to her as she then whispered in Cadance's ear why, which caused Cadance to go wide eyes from what she just explained to her.

“Whoa! That’s just…Eeee!” Cadance squealed with a wide surprise and exciting smile while clapping her hooves.

Shining looked confused, "What? What is it?" He asked.

Cadance however danced over to him and patted his head, "When we get back home, Honey." She sang.

“What?” Shining asked in confusion as he tilted his head, not sure what Cadance mean.

“Uh, I hate to break up this weird moment, but may I remind you two to get going, because things are heating up! Literally!” Discord called out while pointing at the battlefield.

“Right!” Cadance nodded in understanding as she grabbed Shining. “Let’s go, Shiny!” She quickly said.

“Wait? Wha-” Shining was cut off when Cadance teleported them away as Zecora, CMC, Discord and Spike watched them disappear.

“What was that about?” Apple Bloom asked in confusion.

“I have no idea.” Spike shrugged before giving a yelp as he barely dodge a fireball. “But maybe we should probably think about it another time!” He yelled out.

"Good plan!" Sweetie Belle cried out. “Take cover!” She called out as she jumped over a small wall as her friends followed in suit.

Spike yelled as he jumped over an incoming fireball as he turned to Discord. “Discord, by any chance that your magic is working?!” He questioned hopefully.

Discord however shrugged, "Sorry, might take awhile till my batteries are fully charged," he stated, pulling up his fur up revealing a low battery sign.

“Seriously?!” Spike questioned as he then groaned. “Fine, then maybe you and Zecora can keep the CMC safe from this crossfire!” He called out before he used his armor fake wings to block a fireball.

“That, I can do.” Discord said with a smile as he then grabbed the three CMC and ran off to find cover.

“Good luck, young Drake! Because you might need to help the others for the turn of the tide they need to make!” Zecora yelled out as she trotted after Discord.

Spike watched them go as he turned back to the battlefield as he gave a gulp. “I don’t know if I could since I’m a small dragon.” He said fearfully before he shook his head. “But I have to try for my friends.” He said to himself as he ran off into battle.

Arbor is protecting Fluttershy as he summons a grass wall to block some attacks, but they burn off after being set to flames.

“Ugh! My powers are useless against these things!” Arbor cried out. “Everything I grow, they burn away!” He pointed out as he drew his weapons. “Plants and fire don’t mix apparently!” He added as he blocked a fire warrior’s strike.

“Well, they are made of fire, so best to go with your weapon.” Fluttershy suggested as she blocked an incoming fireball with her wings as she gave a startled yelp. “And thank goodness this armor protects me from the heat.” She said fearfully.

“They’re able to absorb damage well but don’t let your guard down.” Arbor advised as he struck a warrior. “They have a limit to they’re protection.”

“But at least they work.” Fluttershy said before she gave a scream of another fireball coming at her, but then Arbor leapt in front of her and blocked it with his weapon as Fluttershy looked at Arbor in surprise.

“Are you alright, Fluttershy?” Arbor asked in concern, offering his hoof.

Fluttershy looked at Arbor with a slight blush on her cheeks as she gave a small nod to him as she accepted his hoof as Arbor looked on at the incoming fire warriors.

“Stay close.” Arbor advised.

Fluttershy smiled and moved to his side, “Always.” She said as the two charged at the fire-geist.

With Volt and Pinkie, the two are fighting the fire warriors as if they are playing a game.

“Tag, you're it!” Volt said as he swiped one with his sword.

“Miss me, miss me! Now you gotta kiss me!” Pinkie sang as she made kissy noises at one of the fire-geists.

The fire-geist gave a confused look from Pinkie before he was hit by multiple cupcakes.

“Time to reheat the treats!” Pinkie cheered as she threw more cupcakes.

Volt then did a couple of backflips as he then kicked a couple of fire warriors down with an electrical split kick, which shocked the fire warriors as they were thrown back. “Now this is what I call a shocking turn of events.” He quipped with a playful smirk.

Pinkie laughed from that. “Good one, Volty! Classic!” She laughed as the two laughed together, while also dodging some fire balls.

Rarity was hiding behind Hydro as Hydro kept using his water element to extinguish the fire-geists while Rarity did the best she could, as even though she was far from weak her magic was not at the levels of Sunset or Twilight.

“I really should’ve taken those advanced magic lessons Twilight offered to me.” Rarity said to herself, mentally kicking herself for not learning more on magic with her fellow unicorn and alicorn friends.

“Don’t fret yourself. You didn’t realize until now the importance of training.” Hydro said as he shot some more water. “I was like that when I first became a knight and got a little too overconfident.” He added.

“Really? How was that?” Rarity asked before she karate kicked a fire warrior away.

“Let’s just say that I was beaten down by Rocky and Storm more times than I can count that…” Hydro stopped as he swiped his sword at a fire warrior before blasting it away. “...that I had to focus more on training than my personal things if I’m ever gonna prepare for a battle.” He finished.

“Fighting isn’t really my forte, I’m more into fashion, I feel as a lady I have no need to learn such magical advancements, especially considering,” Rarity then leapt out of the way of fireball, “Considering that my magic isn’t as powerful as Sunset or Twilight’s, I should really take practice.” She added before Hydro blasted another fireball coming towards her.

“Well perhaps after this, I can interest you in some training!” Hydro nodded as the two kept fighting.

Rarity smiled, “I’d be honored.” She said gratefully.

With Rocky and Applejack, the two are hoofing against the fire warriors as Rocky summons some huge boulders to push them back with some effort.

“Geeze, these are way tougher than handling a rodeo back home!” Rocky yelled out as he moved some more Earth at the fire warriors.

“No kidding there, partner.” Applejack said in agreement as bucked some warriors away before punching and kicking them. “This is something new compared to what ma friends had dealt with before!” She added.

“Well, this is the first actual battle me and ma brothers had ever had!” Rocky called out while swinging his sword to the ground that caused the ground to crack while making the fire warriors fall down into them. “Quick, give me your hoof!”

Applejack gave him a weird look, “Say what now?” She asked.

“Just trust me!” Rocky called out with his hooves raised out to her.

Applejack look at Rocky for a moment before she gave a nod as she grabbed Rocky’s hooves as the stallion then twirled around, which startled Applejack a bit but realizes what Rocky is planning as she then kicked her hooves like crazy, which caused the fire warriors around them to be kicked back in surprise as she kept kicking until they were all down as Rocky stopped spinning and put Applejack back down.

Rocky gave a small smile at Applejack. “How’s that?” He asked curiously.

Applejack caught her breath as she gave a small smile. “That was something. Smart thinking there, Rocky.” She complimented.

“Anytime.” Rocky said before the two country ponies looked and saw they were still holding each other's hooves as they blushed embarrassed as they quickly broke apart. “Um, we should help the others.” He suggested quickly.

“Agreed.” Applejack said as the two went back into the fight.

With Blaze and Sunset, the two Unicorns are blasting away some of the fire warriors while Sunset is using her magic while Blaze uses his fire element to control the fire warriors as they were torn apart and evaporated by his command.

“Daymare should’ve remembered that two can play the fire game!” Blaze commented as he then lifted a fire warrior up before tossing him into a nearby lake.

“How could you boast about your abilities at a time like this!?” Sunset questioned as she blasted a fire warrior away.

“Hey, there’s never a time to think positive! And if I’m going down, might as well go down laughing.” Blaze said in defense as he blocked a strike from another fire warrior.

“Can’t argue there!” Sunset called before blasting another warrior away. “And sometimes I can be pretty competitive with things, so I understand!” She added.

“Yep! And besides, if you control fire, fighting fire based bad guys can be pretty fun!” Blaze commented as he then started using his element to change a fire warrior shape into a squirrel, a bunny, and a unicorn shape figure as he gave a cheerful laugh.

Sunset laughed from that. “Okay, I admit, that is fun.” She commented before she ducked an incoming fire ball. “But let’s make sure we don’t lose our focus.” She quickly said.

“Agreed.” Blaze nodded as the two continued the fight.

With Daymare and Luna, the two Alicorns are dishing it out as they exchanged blows, whether it’s their horns, hooves, magic or weapons, they seemed to be evenly matched as either one ain’t letting up or getting some advantage.

“I see you’ve still been practicing your skills, sister!” Daymare said as she clashed her weapon with Luna’s sword.

“And I see that you have as well, sister dearest!” Luna said as she then blocked a strike from Daymare.

Daymare then blocks Luna’s strike next before they get into a blade lock as she then notices the Heroic 14 demolishing her fire warriors being demolished by them as she gritted her teeth. “Enough of these games!” She yelled out as she surprised Luna with a magic fiery laser from her horn, which surprised Luna as she was shot back with a yell as she flew a couple of yards from Daymare as she landed on her back.

The Heroic 14 saw this. “Luna!/Mistress!” They called out in worry as they rushed to her in concern as Midnight rushed towards her.

“Are you okay, Mistress?” Midnight asked in concern as he placed a hoof on her shoulder.

Luna groaned a bit before she turned to Midnight as she struggled to stand. “I am alright. Daymare just caught me by surprise.” She said as she rubbed her head.

Yes, and now,” They turned back to see Daymare charging up her magic again, “To end this, once and for all!” She yelled out as she prepared to fire.

Midnight glared at Daymare before turning back to the others as they stood in worry and fear of what to do next and before getting an idea on how he could get the Nightmare out of Celestia but it would come at a cost, “No matter the cost.” He muttered to himself as he then armed his sword and glowed his horn with his dark magic as he rushed straight to Daymare, leaving the others shocked by this.

“Midnight!?” Twilight yelled out.

Blaze realized what he was doing and grew worried, “No, Cap’n Don’t!” He yelled.

“What is he doing?!” Rainbow questioned.

“He’s trying to use a dark cleansing spell, to try and force the Nightmare out of Celestia!” Blaze answered.

“So, what’s so dangerous about that?” Pinkie asked in confusion.

“It’s very dangerous!” Luna answered with wide eyes, knowing what Midnight is trying to do. “The Nightmare’s grip on my sister is stronger than it was with me, and Midnight’s dark magic is very unstable, if he focuses his magic too much-”

Luna didn’t finish as Midnight fired his laser of dark magic up as Daymare fired a powerful beam back as the two collided. Midnight was pushed back a bit before he forced his beam forward as he concentrated more of his dark magic into his horn as he then began to push forward as he strained a bit and his horn showed signs of cracking.

Daymare saw this as she gave an amusing smirk. “You fool, keep pouring magic into that spell and it will be the last thing you ever do!” She told him.

Midnight grunted a bit before opening an eye and smirking, “What makes you think I care?” He asked.

What?” Daymare asked in confusion as Midnight kept pushing through her beam.

“I have nothing to lose. I was an orphan before my brothers and Mistress Luna found me. And if I’m going down, at least I’ll go down protecting the ones I care for.” Midnight said as his horn cracked some more as he got closer to Daymare.

No, wait, STOP!” Daymare yelled as she was being pushed back.

Twilight looked on in horror before charging towards Midnight, “Midnight, NO!!” She screamed.

Then at that moment, Midnight’s Spell pierced through Daymare’s beam and struck her right in the chest. The mare screamed with bright white glowing eyes before there was a gigantic explosion of light that knocked everyone off they’re hooves.


After a few minutes of ringing in the ears and vision returning, Twilight is the first to get her bearings as she looked around and saw her friends scattered while not seeing any sign of the fire warriors anywhere, they must’ve disappeared after the explosion.

Twilight then gasped as she remembered something. “Midnight!” She said in great concern as she got onto her hooves and searched around frantically, “Midnight?! Midnight, where are you?!” She called.

And then a rumbling sound from some piles of boulders can be heard as a familiar groan can be heard, which brought Twilight’s attention as the rumble was moved aside and coming out of it was none other than Princess Celestia, fully purged of the Nightmare as she gave a pain-filled and tired expression.

“Oh great ancients, what happened?” Celestia groaned as she rubbed her head.

“Celestia!” Twilight called out happily as she flew towards her former mentor.

“Twilight?” Celestia asked before she was tackled in Twilight’s hug in surprise.

“You’re back to normal!” Twilight cheered happily as Celestia recovered from her surprise hug.

Celestia then remembered what happened as she gave a guilt expression. “Oh dear. Twilight, I am so sorry for what I did. I wasn’t my…” She was cut off when Twilight spoke.

“I love you too.” The younger alicorn said as she nuzzled the white mare.

Celestia gave a small surprise smile before she nuzzled back before she looked around, “What happened? How did you-”

“Midnight was able to use a Darkness Cleansing spell to save you from the Nightmare,” Twilight said, “But then-”

“Twilight! Twilight!” The two turned and saw Sunset running towards them with a frantic expression, “This way! Hurry!”

“Sunset? Wh-what is it?” Twilight asked.

“It’s Midnight!!” Sunset answered immediately. In that instant, Twilight sprung to her hooves and galloped off to where Sunset came from with Celestia following in concern.

Over a hill of rubble, Twilight saw the others huddled around somepony, and from a flash a purple in the middle she knew who it was, “No,” She whispered before pushing through her friends, “Let me through! Let me see!” She demanded as she saw Blaze and Luna holding an unconscious Midnight with his armor fragmented and most of his fur covered in ash and soot and his head facing away from her.

Twilight gasped as she placed a hoof over her mouth in concern as she walked towards him, “M-Midnight?” She whispered, gently turning his head towards her only to cover her mouth and her eyes to shrink in horror.

What Twilight saw was Midnight’s horn or rather what was left of it: A jagged, broken stump as his magic sparked out of it like a broken machine and on his left eye, was a long thin scar that crossed over his left eye.

“Oh no. No, nononono.” Twilight breathed in horror at what she saw as she immediately grabbed Midnight and started shaking him, “Midnight! Wake up! Wake up, please!” She begged, tears flowing down her cheeks.

The others watched in sympathy as Celestia managed to catch up as she gasped at Midnight’s condition. “Oh dear.” She breathed in shock.

Luna and the others notice Celestia’s presents. “Sister!” Luna cheered as she ran towards Celestia and gave her a hug on her neck. “You’re free!” She called out.

“Luna.” Celestia said in surprise before turning her attention to Midnight again in great concern. “D-did I…” She stammered.

Luna sighed, turning to her pupil, “He did what any Knight would do, choosing the lives of others were more important than his own.” She said solemnly.

Twilight held Midnight close as she placed her head on his chest, desperately trying to find a sign that he is still alive, which she managed to find a heartbeat to his chest, it was faint but still pulsing as she gave a gasp in relief.

“His heart is still beating!” Twilight called out to them as she held Midnight as the others sigh in relief as they huddled close to him in concern. “But it’s weak. We need to get him to a hospital!” She desperately cried out.

“Um, sorry to bring this up, but I think we have another problem.” Volt said while pointing upwards where they saw a blackish-purple shadowy amass of smog, floating around.

Fluttershy moved closer to Arbor, “Wh-what is that thing?!” She squeaked out.

Luna sneered at the cloud, “The Nightmare.” She snarled.

The Nightmare then took shape in the form of an alicorn that looked to be a molded combination of both Nightmare Moon and Daymare sol, with its eyes glowing ice cold blue, “YOU INSCESTS! YOU HAVE CROSSED ME FOR THE LAST TIME!!!” It bellowed in a deep, reverberating and malevolent voice, glaring down at the ponies, “IF I CANNOT RULE EQUESTRIA, THEN I WILL DESTROY IT!!!

The Ponies gazed at the monster in a mix of horror and rage as Blaze stood up and brought out his weapon, “Twilight, you, Spike, Celestia and Mistress Luna get Midnight to safety!” He ordered.

Sunset then stood next to him with just a fierce expression, “We’ll hold this freak cloud off!” She added.

The rest of the Mane 7 and the remaining Seven Swords stood up in front of the three Alicorns and Spike the falling Sword leader while facing The Nightmare with mixed of determined or slight fear expressions.

Twilight looked like she wanted to protest but Celestia layed a wing on her back, “What do you feel is more important, my faithful student: Revenge or the life of a friend?” She asked.

Twilight looked at The Nightmare before turning to Midnight, who groaned and coughed. He was in very bad shape, not to mention his horn was broken and needed medical attention fast as Twilight looked between her friends and the unconscious knight as she closed her eyes with a sigh.

“Give it a few hits to the head for me?” Twilight asked them as she hefted Midnight on to her back..

“Can do, Twilight.” Applejack said as she stretched her hooves as the three alicorns, Spike, who is riding on Luna with Midnight on Twilight’s, back flew off to the nearest hospital to get Midnight some help while the remaining Heroic 14 faced off the Nightmare.

YOU FOOLS WOULD BE WISE TO GIVE UP NOW, WHILE YOU STILL CAN!” The Nightmare roared at them.

“Well, we’re not wise.” Blaze quipped as he lit his horn, “So it’s you who should take a hike.” He quipped again.

YOU HAVE SEALED YOUR FATES!!” The Nightmare yelled out as it charged at the remaining Heroic 14.

The group realizes that they are in for a tougher fight than the one Daymare had on them, knowing that they are in for the fight of their lives as the Nightmare charged straight at them.

Author's Note:

Chapter 9 is complete and yes, this is part 1.

The battle was a fierce one and the heroes have really come a long way from they’re first meeting. But when they’re backed into a corner, Midnight manages to free Celestia of the Nightmare...but at a great cost.

And now the heroes are down one Knight and have a Nightmare of a problem to deal with.

Next time, Twilight will be brought to a sacred place the royal sisters believe can heal Midnight but she will have to take a risk herself, meanwhile the remaining Heroes will have to taken they’re bond to the next level in order to defeat the Nightmare, can Midnight get back on his hooves in time for him and Twilight to return and help they’re friends?

Don't forget to Like, Comment, and Follow me on Fimfiction.

stay cool, stay friends and I'll see you on the website.

Until then NNNNIIIINNNJJJJJAAA-GO!!!