• Published 1st Oct 2012
  • 771 Views, 29 Comments

Broken Apart, Fixed Together - Mapbird



Curiousity killed the cat, didn't it? Three little fillies were spared, but it was at a large price

  • ...
 29
 771

Whole Once Again

Fluttershy had been running for a while now.

Her legs were sore, she was tired and she didn't really know where she was going, but she was too concerned about Apple Bloom to care. She ran non-stop, carefully searching for the filly. thought she was lost, another scream was heard and she used it to get back on track. The forest had trees all over the place and often she would have to duck and weave through branches, being careful not to get caught by them. She had been running for a while when she realized that she could just use her wings. What am I doing? Apple Bloom could be in danger and I'm running around like a madpony! She unfurled her wings in order to take off, but it was as if the forest was waiting for her to say that; ready to pull a cruel joke on her. She sped up, trying to gain as much speed possible for the take-off, when she caught her hoof on a root sticking out of the ground. She not only fell over, but she went soaring through the air. If she had been lucky, she would have landed on the grass, but she didn't. She was slowly spinning through the air, finally slamming into a tree while upside down, before falling onto the ground. When the Pegasus stood up, she instantly knew her left wing as broken. Having plenty of experience from nursing sick and hurt animals, it was pretty easy for her to tell when she was hurt.She decided to get back to looking for Apple Bloom and listened out for another scream, but none came.

Scootaloo knew she had to act fast, there was no telling what stallion could do to her if he caught her! She picked up the lavender sack and ran up behind the Doctor. "HI-YAAAH!" she screamed; jumping up, ready to slip the sack over the Doctor's head. He screamed and turned around, shovel in hoof; giving Scootaloo a face full of dirt. He threw the shovel into a nearby bush and ran off into the forest. "YIKES!" Sweetie Belle shouted as she darted out of the bush, obviously having the daylights scared out of her.

"Sweetie Belle!" cried Scootaloo.

"Scootaloo!" cried Sweetie Belle.

"I thought I'd lost you!" they both said in unison, before hugging.

Scootaloo wasn't really one for mushy stuff, but she was so relieved she didn't have to be alone anymore.

"I wonder what he was burying?" Scootaloo said, while dragging the shovel out of the bush. She began furiously digging, passing the shovel onto Sweetie Belle when she was too tired to carry on. They went on like this for a few minutes before Sweetie Belle hit something yellow. "A-A-Ap-p-p-ple B-B-Bl-loom?" she stuttered, afraid of the possible truth that loomed.

She began scraping away the dirt around Apple Bloom's body; until finally, she was completely unearthed. Apple Bloom was facing to the left, a huge smile on her face, it didn't feel right. Sweetie Belle rolled Apple Bloom onto her back, it felt wrong to just touch her. She was holding a black box in her hooves, a box that had brought misery to her. It began to rain, a light drizzle at first, gathering into a small rainstorm as Sweetie Belle stared at Apple Bloom's unmoving body.

"Sweetie Be-" Scootaloo began, but was interrupted by Sweetie Belle, who had been brought out of her trance.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!' Sweetie Belle screamed before crumpling into a ball and sobbing loudly.

"Y-y-y-y-es?" a familiar, yet weak sounding voice said. "APPLE BLOOM!" Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo both shouted in unison. Scootaloo jumped down into the hole and was involved in a group hug that lasted for several minutes. This was not the first time that night, that the filly had done something unusual for her.

"About that box, what's in it?" Sweetie Belle asked, after the hug had broke.

"I don't know! Let's open it!" shouted Apple Bloom, with her usual energy. It was almost as if the incident hadn't happened at all, because they had all returned to normal after the hug. They were excited to shout their famous shout, with three members instead of two.


"CMC MYSTERY SOLVERS, YAY!"