• Published 1st Oct 2012
  • 771 Views, 29 Comments

Broken Apart, Fixed Together - Mapbird



Curiousity killed the cat, didn't it? Three little fillies were spared, but it was at a large price

  • ...
 29
 771

A Morning for Disaster

Apple Bloom woke up in her bed, drenched in droplets of sweat.


She bolted upright and looked around her room, her heart still racing from her nightmare. Her apple-shaped clock told her it was 6:00 AM. She scanned the room, searching everywhere for that black thing, whatever it was. she looked everywhere she could think of. After seeing it wasn't anywhere in the room, she cautiously got up out of bed, ready to run if she needed to. She headed over to her dresser and peered into her mirror. Her beautiful, thick dark red mane was all tangled and messed up, she couldn't go outside looking like a wreck! She made an attempt to use her black manebrush, but every time she looked at it, she couldn't help but remember that black thing and how horrifying it was. How bone-chilling the roar it made was, how its big blue eyes seemed to say two things at once "'I'll protect you" and "I'll kill you". How she was trapped in a completely empty, white slowly shrinking room with it as it chased her, getting closer and closer, it's large teeth twisted into a scary, yet comforting grin.


She gave up on brushing her mane and decided to just put her bow on instead. She peered into the mirror one more time to see how she looked, she looked good. Her mane didn't even need to be brushed at all! It had slowly settled into her regular style, which was a big relief for her, she wouldn't have to go outside looking like a mess. She trotted out of her room and descended down the stairs and entered the kitchen, keen on having something to eat; she was starving.


In the kitchen, Applejack was busy cooking up a storm. A lot of ponies thought the only things Applejack ever cooked were apple-related treats, but she cooked a lot of non apple-related things for breakfast; and on special occasions, lunch.

"Morning." said Applejack.


"Morning to you too." Apple Bloom replied, pretty much automatically.

"How are you this morning?" Applejack inquired, placing a bowl of porridge in front of the filly. She started eating right away, ignoring the question as she plowed through her breakfast.

"Are you gonna talk to me, or are you just going to pretend I'm not here?" Applejack said, a little louder than before.

"Yes" said Apple Bloom, automatically replying. She was too deep in thought about how her, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo were going to try and earn their cutie marks today. Applejack was confused, but took it as a 'Yes, I'll talk to you,'


"O...k then, are you going to see your friends today?" Applejack asked.


"Yes" Apple Bloom replied.


"Are y'all gonna go crusading today?" Applejack asked with a slightly concerned tone, she knew how much danger they put themselves in sometimes, just for a cutie mark.


"Yes" Apple Bloom repeated, almost instantly after the question had been asked.


"Are you going to stay home today, and work in the fields all day?" Applejack said, hoping to catch her sister out. But Applebloom had snapped out of her state when she heard the word 'work' and quickly replied


"No way!" Applejack sighed and took away her now empty porridge bowl.


Applebloom began to head out the door but Applejack stopped her and said "You be safe now,okay?" and pulled her into a hug.


"OkaythenbyeApplejack!" Applebloom said breaking free from the hug and tearing off towards the tree house.


"She never has, and probably never will, listen to a word I say." Applejack said, slowly closing the door behind her.