• Published 23rd Jul 2023
  • 201 Views, 4 Comments

Doctor Whooves and the Rise of the Cybermares - Xern



The Doctor and Derpy go on an adventure and find an old foe of the Doctor they must get passed.

  • ...
 4
 201

The Cyber Resistance

The 5 ponies walked down the long tunnel for an hour or so. The path winded a bit every now and then but kept going further and further.

After a few turns the Doctor asked, “How long is this tunnel?”

“You think this is long?” Lyra answered with a question. “You should see the tunnel we’re making to Manehattan!” She lightly giggled to herself afterwards.

“Another two hours or so,” Moon Dancer said seriously.

“And where are we going exactly?” The Doctor asked.

“To Canterlot,” Moon Dancer answered.

“Canterlot!?” The Doctor said shocked. “Wouldn’t that be filled with even more Cybermares?”

“Of course, it is,” Moon Dancer said. “But our base is in a hidden part of Canterlot. From what we’ve gathered, the Cybermares don’t even know it’s there. However, we are trying to find a more secluded area to set up a new base of operations just in case.”

“I might know of a place.” The Doctor said thinking of out of the way places in Equestria.

“Where’s that?” Bonbon asked, looking back at the Doctor.

“Do you know Pinkie Pie?” The Doctor asked, remembering all she would tell him when she made his daiquiri.

“Yeah, she was one of the friends I made when I came to Ponyville,” Moon Dancer said.

“Excellent,” The Doctor said. “Her family owns a rock farm far away. That might be an excellent place to start a base.”

“Hmmm, that sounds like a good idea,” Moon Dancer muttered to herself. “When we get back to the base, I’ll look at our map of Equestria to see how far it is.”

The five made small talk on their trek for the next hour until the scenery started to change. The once brown and gray halls were changing their colors to purples, blues, and greens. The walls, instead of being made of dirt and stone, were made of some type of crystal, reflecting the five ponies as they walked through the tunnels. The space also got larger as they continued forward. The changes stopped when they reached a large cave.

There was a large pit in the center of the cave. The pit had a small bridge that led to another cave to the left. To the right was a large pile of rocks it seemed to have once been an exit, but after so many rocks were in the way, the exit was blocked. While it was hard to tell, it seems there were a few more layers of rock outside that blocked it up even more. There were a few more caves that lead out. Each had a sign on them saying where they go to. (Fillydelphia and Manehattan were the first ones the doctor could).

The Doctor looked around and realized these were the caves under Canterlot. He had been down here thousands of years before. It used to be a type of prison, but now it is used as a base for the survivors.

There were several ponies in the cave, most were just sitting, eating, or trying to sleep. There were others that were giving out food and blankets.

Moon Dancer gestured to them to go across the bridge. The bridge was made of wood. At first the Doctor was skeptical, but after seeing the reinforcement in the pit and under the bridge, he trotted easier.

The bridge led to a hallway full of other (smaller) rooms of the cave. Each room seemed to have a purpose. One seemed like a kitchen to prepare food. Next to it was a storage room. While he couldn’t make out what they said, he did see each chest had a sign attached to it. The one across from that one was interesting. It was large and filled with grass and plants. The Doctor looked up a saw a light source. It was small but covered all the plants in the room.

They walked by several more rooms until they came to a room with tables, chairs, and a large map of Equestria. Sitting at one of the tables, looking at the map, was a light blue unicorn.

“Trixie,” Moon Dancer started, “anything to report?”

“The Great and Powerful Trixie has nothing to report,” Trixie said, rolling her r’s.

“Welcome to the command center,” Moon Dancer said.

“Hi Trixie!” Derpy said.

“Do I know you?” Trixie asked, looking at her up and down.

Derpy, heartbroken, replied with, “Yeah, remember that Muffin we shared?”

“Doctor,” Moon Dancer started, cutting off Trixie, “show us where the rock farm is.”

The Doctor looked at the map. There were highlighted areas. In the top left was a key that showed the highlighted areas were places they’d connected tunnels to. He followed one tunnel until it ended at the Appleloosa. He pointed at it and said, “Here. If you go west of here you can find the rock farm. If you're lucky there might even be gold at the farm.”

“Why would that make us lucky?” Lyra asked.

“It’s their weakness,” The Doctor said without looking up. He knew they knew what he was talking about. He knew they had hope in their eyes. The look they had before. The look he loved to see in others.

“That’s amazing!” Moon Dancer said, hope in the mare’s voice.

“Of course, it is just a chance,” The Doctor saying, trying not to set them up for disappointment later. “However, from what I do know about this, there might be gold there.”

“How do you know this much?” Bonbon asked, suspicion in her voice.

“The farm,” The Doctor started, “I know from my friend Pinkie Pie telling me about it and what they do whenever she was making me my order at Sugar Cube Corner. As for the Cybermares...” The Doctor stopped. The fear he had when he first saw them, and the possibility they brought, returned. He composed himself to say, “This isn’t the first time I’ve delt with them.”

The tension in the room was thick. No one spoke. The Doctor looked at the map, not wanting to look up. He could feel tears welling up in his eyes, he didn’t want the others to see that. He took his hoof and wiped away any tears he had. He looked up.

“I suppose I have some explaining to do,” he said.

He summarized everything that had happened to him. Who he was, where he was from and everything else he had told Derpy. However, he stopped when he described the Time War.

“The Time war was fierce. It was a war between the Time Lords and the Dalek. The Cybermares decided to join in the fight as well, mainly slaughtering our side. So many on all sides were killed. A dolt I knew decided to mess with time and space and accidentally gave the Dalek the advantage. I knew I couldn’t stand around and let that happen, so I stole something known as ‘The Moment’ and set it off. It destroyed Gallopfrey and the Time Lord, Dalek, and, of course, the Cybermares. I was the only survivor.”

The Doctor looked up. “Or so I thought.”

The mares in the room looked at him, shocked.

“That sounds nearly as stressful as Trixie’s life has been!” Trixie said. The others looked at her with a scowl. “Kidding of course,” Trixie said with a smile.

“I’m very sorry you had to go through that,” Moon Dancer said. “You can stay with us for as long as you need. We’re currently trying to find a way to shut them all down. We just need to find the source.”

“However,” Lyra chimed in, “the only lead we have is this.” She held up a metal device with a “C” on the front surrounded by a circle.

“A Cybermare locater,” The Doctor said.

The device flew up and went to Trixie. “This device belongs to the Great and Powerful Trixie, who found it when she was fighting a Cybermare.”

“Trixie, you got it when it fell off of a Cybermare you were cowering from and I saved you from,” Moon Dancer added.

“And thus is the reason I’m loyal to you and not in control of this whole operation,” Trixie replied.

The rest rolled their eyes. “You seem to know what it is,” Moon Dancer said to the Doctor. “Is there any way you can use it?”

The Doctor looked at the locater. “Hmm, yes, these are made for Cybermares whose tracking systems are busted. We can activate it and find the place they operate out of.”

“Great!” Lyra cheered.

“However,” The Doctor started, “that is easier said than done. It isn’t easy to activate one of these if it isn’t attached to Cybermare armor. That being said, with the proper tools, I might be able to activate it.”

“What tools do you need?” Bonbon asked.

“Screwdrivers, wrenches, a hammer or two if you have them,” The Doctor replied. “It will take days to open it though.”

“We’re on it,” Lyra said. Lyra and Bonbon then exited the room to look for the tools.

“Thank you,” Moon Dancer said.

“For what?” The Doctor asked.

“Giving us hope,” Moon Dancer answered. The Doctor simply nodded. Moon Dancer walked out with Derpy saying, “Come with me, I’ll get you your blanket.”

Trixie stared at the Doctor, then the locater. She simply walked out, muttering under her breath, “That thingy was mine.”

This left the doctor alone with the Cybermare locater. He looked at the silver smooth design. He looked at it and said to himself, “Could they both be back?