• Published 23rd Jul 2023
  • 201 Views, 4 Comments

Doctor Whooves and the Rise of the Cybermares - Xern



The Doctor and Derpy go on an adventure and find an old foe of the Doctor they must get passed.

  • ...
 4
 201

The Doctor and Derpy

The Doctor was working on one fixing up his Tardis; this was hard, however, because he had to hold the wrench in his mouth. He pulled the wrench up and down to get the bolt into the machine. He looked to the table across the room that held his sonic screwdriver. Feeling stupid, he put the wrench down next to the sonic and picked it up. He used the sonic screwdriver to easily make the rest of the bolts go into his machine just right.

“I really need to remember what the sonic screwdriver can do,” the Doctor said in his British accent, partly laughing. “Well, either way, now the Tardis should be fixed! It’s nice to have you back old friend.” The doctor pats the Tardis with his hoof. “I suppose we should test out the time traveling powers. But where should this voyage take us?”

The doctor pondered this question for a minute. He decided to get some fresh air. He saw Twilight Sparkle and Rainbow Dash.

“Please Twilight!” Rainbow begged. “Can’t we just have one race?” Rainbow flew around Twilight while talking to her.

“No Rainbow, I’ve got to study this new scroll Princess Celestia sent. It shows an interesting artifact from several centuries ago that granted powerful magic to the Earth ponies and Pegasi in the past.”

While the idea of an ancient pony artifact that gave magic was interesting, the Doctor was, instead, drawn to the trail Rainbow Dash left behind. Whenever Rainbow Dash would fly, she would leave behind a trail of rainbows.

This made the Doctor think of the Sonic Rainboom. More specifically, the first known Sonic Rainboom in Cloudsdale. He quickly went inside to plan out where he was going to go to. He knew that he couldn’t go to Cloudsdale because if he did, he would fall through. So, he considered the next best option: Canterlot. While closer to the ground, Canterlot (being on the side of a mountain) is closer Cloudsdale than most other places in Equestria, especially the Princesses' castle.

Now the Doctor knew where and when he would visit, however there was something he also wanted to take with him: a companion. The first person that the doctor thought of was Roseluck, or Rose as he liked to call her, because they had wandered through several spots in Equestria. However, he then remembered that Rose was working the flower stand today. He pondered who he’d take with him. Then, an idea hit him. Though he didn’t know where she was, he knew how to contact her.

The doctor went to the close by muffin stand and bought two. Before the doctor could even get to the Tardis’ door, a Pegasus practically slammed into him. The Doctor looked up and saw a mare with a bluish-gray coat, blond mane and tail, a bubble cutie-mark, and golden eyes, one of which was lazy.

“Ahh, hello Mrs. Derpy,” the Doctor said.

“Hey doc!” Derpy said with a contagious smile, holding onto one of the Doctor's muffins and eyeing the other.

“I’m glad you made it,” the Doctor said. “I had a trip planned and I wanted to know if you were interested in going with me.”

“Yeah!” Derpy exclaimed, seeming incredibly happy that the Doctor asked her. “Where are we going?”

“That will be explained in due time,” the Doctor said knowingly. “First, step into my Tardis.”

“isn’t that just a big box?” Derpy asked.

The Doctor looked back at Derpy. “Haven’t you been in my Tardis already?” The Doctor opened the door to the blue “Police Message Box,” revealing a massive room with several corridors leading to other rooms. “It’s much bigger on the inside than the outside.”

Derpy looked through the door with a sense of wonder. “Woah,” Derpy said looking into this box. She flew in, still holding the muffin.

“Yes, it is quite the sight,” the Doctor said looking at Derpy. “Now, let’s discuss where we’re going.” Derpy was still looking around. “Mrs. Derpy?”

“Huh?” Derpy looked around. “Oh, yeah?”

“I just fully fixed the Tardis up,” the Doctor told Derpy, “so now, I should be able to use the time travel functions. At least, without blowing up... again.”

“What’d you say?” Derpy asked.

“Nothing,” the Doctor said, mostly ignoring Derpy’s question. “Now, the place I planned on going to was the first Sonic Rainboom.”

“Woah, I remember that!” Derpy said excitedly.

“Yes, now, do you have all you need before we take off on our excursion?” the Doctor asked.

Derpy looked at the muffin that she grasped in her hooves. “Yes,” Derpy said.

“Excellent!” the Doctor exclaimed. “Well, let me set this first.” The Doctor set down his muffin and ran over to a large control center with several buttons and levers on it. He mumbled things that Derpy couldn’t understand while pressing several buttons. “That should do it. Now one final thing.” The Doctor went up to a lever on the control station and put his hooves on it before yelling, “Allons-y!” and pulled the lever.