• Published 23rd Jul 2023
  • 201 Views, 4 Comments

Doctor Whooves and the Rise of the Cybermares - Xern



The Doctor and Derpy go on an adventure and find an old foe of the Doctor they must get passed.

  • ...
 4
 201

In the Cyber-Ship part 3

The Doctor looked at the army of Cybermares standing in front of him and Derpy. They stood there as the Cybermares were charging their horns.

“Run!” The Doctor screamed. He jumped and landed on one of the horns of the Cybermares and bounced off it. He continued this until he hit solid ground with the Cybermares behind him. Seeing this, Derpy opened her wings and, though the area was somewhat cramped, flew over the robots beneath her and ran with the Doctor.

The duo galloped until they ran headfirst into three other ponies. It was Moon Dancer, Bon Bon, and Lyra.

“Doctor!” Moon Dancer exclaimed. “I’m so glad we found you! The Cybermares know you’re here! We came to warn you two!” Moon Dancer then looked behind the Doctor and saw the army of Cybermares.

“We had a guess,” The Doctor replied before running away from them. “Follow me and Derpy!” Behind the Doctor’s three friends were four ponies with varying amounts of Cybermare armor on them.

“They’re with us,” Moon Dancer said.

“Well, let’s all go,” The Doctor said while continuing running with the others behind him. “I found the place where we can turn this whole ship off!”

“Really?!” Moon Dancer asked. “Where!?”

The Doctor looked around before running into a nearby room. He motioned for the rest of them to follow in. The other eight ponies rushed in after him. Inside the room were many odd-looking machines. Most stretched into the walls and had several looks in them. There was one at the very back of the room that stretched out to all the other machines in the room.

“That one!” the Doctor shouted, rushing towards the machine. All of the ponies ran over to the large machine.

“Stand back everypony,” Bon Bon shouted. She raised he hind legs ready to kick. However, before she could kick, the Doctor put himself in between the candy like pony and the machine.

“Are you mad!?” the Doctor shouted. “If we destroy the machine, the whole ship will blow up with us inside it!”

Bon Bon stared at the Doctor with an exauhsted and frustrated expression. “Why didn’t you start with that!?”

Cyberlight Glimmare walked up. “Then how do you intend to turn this ship off?” the lavender mare asked.

“I agree,” Moon Dancer said. “How are we gonna turn this place off.”

The Doctor gave a chuckle pointed to the Sonic Screwdriver that Moon Dancer held. “With this,” the Doctor started, “I can turn the ship off without blowing us all up, all I need is a little time.”

“Well, we can get you time!” Lyra said. As she said that, the door to the room opened and several Cybermares could be seen just outside.

“Hold them back everypony!” Bon Bon shouted. All the ponies ran at the Cybermares with the unicorns charging up their horns to release a magic beam.

The only three left were the Doctor, Derpy, and Cyberlight Glimmare. The Doctor held up his Sonic Screwdriver. “Ahh, it’s been too long since I’ve had this in my hooves.” The Doctor pointed the Sonic at the machine and turned it on.

“So, you from Gallifrey?” Cyberlight asked.

The Doctor stopped for a moment to look at the mare that was almost a Cybermare. “How did you know that?” The Doctor asked, confusion in his voice.

“I may not be a Cybermare yet,” the mare said, “but the features of this armor still work. And they say you are from a planet known as Gallifrey.”

“Ahh, I see,” the Doctor said. He went back to using his Sonic Screwdriver to turn the machine off.

“It also says that on Gallifrey was the Cybermares’ greatest enemy.”

“Oh really,” The Doctor said while holding the screwdriver in his mouth. He was starting to get nervous, but he didn’t want to stop just in case it was nothing.

“Yes. Also, the Cybermare’s records show that the last time anyone saw him, he was an Earth pony who wielded a Sonic Screwdriver.” Cyberlight started to quickly charge up her horn.

Before the blast Cyberlight was about to send off could finish, Derpy saw what was about to happen and screamed “Doc, look out!” This stopped Cyberlight from firing off her blast and made Derpy charge at her, knocking Cyberlight over. The impact of hitting the ground made Cyberlight fire off the blast just over the Doctor’s shoulder.

“Why’d you do that!?” The Doctor yelled through the Sonic Screwdriver. “I’m trying to help us get out of here. I’m on your side.”

Cyberlight laughed. “You’re not on my side,” Cyberlight said. “You are the furthest thing from being on my side.”

At that time, Bon Bon looked back and saw the fighting between the three ponies. “What are you doing?!” Bon Bon yelled. She ran up to the fighting ponies to try to break up the fighting.

“She’s trying to stop the Doctor!” Derpy yelled.

“You all have no idea what this is all about,” Cyberlight said. “They bring true equality to all ponies no matter who they are.”

“But what’s the purpose of it if you kill so many others to get it?” Bon Bon asked, fire in her eyes.

“It is a price that must be paid for a better Equestria.” Cyberlight said. “No, the whole universe!”

As she finished that, Bon Bon was filled with rage. She began to fight with the partial Cybermare. Derpy attempted to get in on the action, but despite her impressive sneak attack on Cyberlight Glimmare before, Derpy was fairly weak. The ponies tussled in the room for several minutes.

The ponies at the door occasionally saw the fight inside the room but were unable to help due to the growing swarm of Cybermares that were trying to get in. The swarm was small at first, but then, as more Cybermares came, the ones that were knocked down got back up, and the ponies were growing more tired fending them off, the swarm was more powerful.

While all of this was happening, the Doctor was still working to shut the entire ship down. While his Sonic Screwdriver was powerful, even it took a long time to deactivate the Cybership. The Doctor also had to occasionally dodge an attack from Cyberlight or one of the other Cybermare’s horns.

Bon Bon, Derpy and Cyberlight fought for what seemed like an eternity. After several minutes fighting back and forth while the Doctor was working, Bon Bon was able to get a hard hit on Cyberlight in the side, leaving a dent in the side of her armor.

Cyberlight looked down at her armor. “I can’t die here,” Cyberlight said. “This isn’t the last you’ll see of me Doctor! The Cybermares will live on no matter what!” With that, Cyberlight’s horn glowed before she vanished.

Bon Bon and Derpy were left panting. “You... almost done... Doctor?”

“Almost,” the Doctor said. “I just need another minute, maybe two.”

Bon Bon looked back and saw that the other ponies were on their knees and incapable of moving being held down by other Cybermares. “I don’t know if we have that!”

A Cybermare stepped forward. Its horn began to glow. He fired it both Bon Bon and then turned at shot Derpy with the magical blast. Both fell and crashed into the nearest wall.

The Doctor looked back (keeping the Sonic Screwdriver pointed at the machine) and saw Cybermare look at him too, its horn starting to charge. The Doctor looked back at the machine, closed his eyes, and braced himself for immense pain.

...

But it never came.

He looked back and saw that the Cybermare was just standing there. And it wasn’t just that one, all the Cybermares outside of the room were standing

The Doctor walked over to the Cybermare. He put a hoof in front of its face. Nothing. He pushed the Cybermare over and it had no reaction.

The Doctor began to laugh. “We did it!”

“W-we did?” Moondance asked.

“Do you see them moving?!” The Doctor asked, barely holding back his excitement.

“We really did it!” Lyra cheered.

The Doctor looked around. At one side, he saw Bon Bon starting to get up. At the other, he saw Derpy still laying on the floor.

He ran over to Derpy. He helped her back to her hooves. “Are you okay Derpy.” Derpy gave a hardy nod before looking down to her side. The was a large bruise on her side. “That doesn’t look good. No worries though. I’m not called ‘The Doctor’ for nothing. I have something to fix you right up in the Tardis.”

“Thank you, Doctor,” Moondancer said.

“Yeah dude!” Tree Hugger said. “We’d be dead if it wasn’t for you!”

“Ah, don’t mention it,” The Doctor said. “I couldn’t have done it without you lot either.”

“But what about that one mare?” Red Harring asked. “She said she’d be back.”

“Her Cybermare armor was deactivated,” the Doctor said. “She can’t use it. Though she does seem to be a powerful unicorn. You must stay vigilant. But we need to celebrate victories where we can find them. So tonight, let’s rest.”And with that, the Doctor collapsed from exhaustion and slept.

Author's Note:

I’m back everypony. Sorry for being gone so long. I did not have any motivation for a very long time, but I started watching the show and my motivation is back! I’ll try to get the rest of them out in about a month or so.