• Published 18th Jul 2023
  • 101 Views, 4 Comments

The War for Balance - Robert Emerald Fountain



Equus goes to war against two entities and trains new soldiers to fight alongside them.

  • ...
 4
 101

Galeem's Arrival

Eventually, the entity itself managed to teleport through the shield and travelled to Canterlot. The Young Six tried to guard the doors to the throne room, but the light was too much for them and they were left blinded and dizzy. Upon entering the throne room, the entity revealed its actual form. It was a featureless figure with rainbow colored wings. Its body was a pure white color.

Flurry Heart was cross when the entity came into the throne room.

“WHO ARE YOU?”, she demanded with rage in her eyes.

The figure answered Flurry’s question with an echoey voice, which revealed that it was male in gender.

“My name is Galeem. I am the “Lord of Light”.”, answered the figure as he dropped the glow on his body.

“Why are you here?”, asked Flurry angrily.

Galeem explained that he sought to create a new world where darkness would not exist. He had been thwarted once and he decided to find a new universe to envelop in pure light.

“That’s rather selfish of you. Light and darkness allow for balance in the universe.”, Flurry hissed.

“Who cares about balance? Darkness can be depressing. Besides, how many times have you seen anyone who spends all time in the dark? Nine times out of ten, everyone is asleep when it’s dark.”, Galeem countered.

“I care about balance, and I won’t let you eliminate all of the darkness in our universe. You may use the door to leave the palace.” Flurry said sternly.

“Have it your way. I hereby declare war against you and anyone who follows you.”, Galeem said in an annoyed tone as turned around to leave.

He proceeded to storm out of the palace and then he flew into the sky, changing form as he did so. He became an orb of light that was surrounded by the rainbow colored bands that were his wings. He began creating soldiers to fight against everybody on Equus. Flurry knew it was time to defend the universe and started setting plans to create an army of her own.