• Published 18th Jul 2023
  • 101 Views, 4 Comments

The War for Balance - Robert Emerald Fountain



Equus goes to war against two entities and trains new soldiers to fight alongside them.

  • ...
 4
 101

Light and Darkness

As the soldiers were taking off once again, they switched their weapons to be useful against darkness in order to fight Dharkon effectively. As they started taking down Dharkon’s army, they saw that his soldiers were sneakier than Galeem’s. Taking down these darkness soldiers required monitoring the radar more frequently. However, they managed to concentrate and continue fighting Dharkon.

After three hours of constant battle, Silverstream saw a signal on her radar that matched Galeem’s frequency. She was startled by this and relayed the news to the rest of the soldiers.

“Goodness gracious! He must not give up easily.”, said Mickey.

A radio transmission from Galeem himself confirmed what Mickey had said.

“Right you are. Dharkon was spawned after my defeat when I tried to take over another world. We were both beaten in the end, but I didn’t know he had returned as well.”, he said in a furious tone.

“Surprise, Surprise, Lord of Light.”, Dharkon spat back.

“Looks like the battle just got more interesting. Prepare for double enemies.”, Flurry said over radio.

“Copy that, Gold Leader.”, replied all of the squad leaders.

Both the Harmony Fleet and the Disney Fleet began forming up for the showdown between light and dark. As Dharkon readied more of his soldiers, Galeem did the same and readied his fleet again.

After Galeem’s soldiers were in formation, they opened fire on everyone else, both Dharkon’s fleet and the fleets led by Flurry Heart. Each of the fleets was now having to battle two groups of enemies instead of just one.

Both the Harmony Fleet and the Disney Fleet were making the biggest mark, because the attacks from Dharkon and Galeem on each other’s fleets had neutral results. This was due to the fact that darkness and light cancel each other out. Flurry Heart noticed this while her fleets were attacking.

“Attention all soldiers, we are making the largest mark against both Galeem and Dharkon. Their fleets cancel each other out because light and darkness are two sides of the same coin. We have the upper hand. We can drive them down.”, she called out over radio.

All of the soldiers on her side acknowledged and they started giving their enemies everything they had at their disposal. Flurry was right to tell them this, because both Galeem and Dharkon’s soldiers were destroyed and the leaders soon found themselves being pushed backwards.

“How can this be?”, Galeem wondered to himself.

“THIS CAN’T BE HAPPENING!”, Dharkon shouted as he felt the heat of atmospheric entry.

Both Galeem and Dharkon were shoved through the atmosphere and left floating in the sky. The battle had changed to an air battle. All of the ships from both of Flurry’s fleets came charging in and let all of their weapons loose. Lasers flew, quantum and photon torpedoes exploded in the air, and beams of both light and darkness collided. Galeem and Dharkon were now on their own, and they let loose everything they had as well, both at the two fleets and at each other. However, their attacks had no effect. The fleets had strong shields that blocked out the attacks, and their attacks at each other simply disappeared due to being cancelled out.

Three hours into the battle, all of the fighters came close to striking down both Galeem and Dharkon at the same time. However, the two enemies tried their hardest to defend themselves. Eventually, there was an explosion of energy and a bright flash that blinded everyone.

When everyone opened their eyes, they were shocked. Both Galeem and Dharkon were downed but they were not destroyed. Also, both fleets were downed, but no one had been killed. Flurry Heart was speechless at this situation. The battle had ended in a stalemate, or a tie. No one had won or lost the fight. There were many injured during the battle, so the final battle did not take place right away. Flurry Heart made a dangerous choice that had positive results. This was a barrier that prevented Galeem and Dharkon from creating any new soldiers, because she was determined to tell them both the truth after the war had exhausted them both and they had no power left with which to fight.

After two weeks, everyone was fully healed from their injuries and ready to bring the war to a close. Flurry was aggravated to know that neither Galeem nor Dharkon knew that light and darkness were coexistent. She would have to tell them herself and was hoping to get them to agree on peace. She knew however, that telling them this would not be easy, and she had no idea if they would even agree to stop fighting each other. The fate of the entire universe rested on her wings and she felt the presence of her parents, Aunt Twilight, and Celestia and Luna in her heart. From the heavens, they were ready to help her end the war between light and darkness, but even they could guess nothing about how the war would end for real. It was only a matter of time until the results would be written in stone.