• Published 26th Jul 2023
  • 276 Views, 2 Comments

My Little Pony: Lost in Wonderworld - specialhoof2022

  • ...
 2
 276

Chapter 16: Just Like Old Wonderful Times

At Friendship Headquarters, Sunny and the others were still setting up the waterfall decoration. And now, they were done.

"Alright everypony, let's turn it on." said Sunny.

The waterfall was working well. Now, they can open the vortex, after they open the hatch in the ceiling to let in the sunlight.

For me and my friends, we were walking through the streets of Wonderworld to get to the bookstore in Old Town.

"Well everypony, the bookstore is in Old Town of Wonderworld, and that's where we're going." I say.

"There's a way to get there." said Brainiac. "We can take the swan ride."

Luckily, we were right next to the ride, and it's free. We all got onto the swan like a boat, and rode on it to Old Town. But, what we didn't notice, is that Caren Coal have found us and started to follow us.

Riding on the swan was lots of fun. We can see it had clean water and fake leaf pads floating on the water, it makes it perfect. There were also fish swimming underwater. Then, we were entering a tunnel. And, inside were beautiful lights, a scenery for a swamp, and some disco balls hanging on the ceiling. It sure looks like fun. After riding for 10 minutes, we made to Old Town. We got off the swan, when we boarded the dock. Then, we began to look for the bookstore, which was actually near the dock. It was like 75 years old. It was like closed for now, but the doors were not locked, so we sneaked inside to look for a perfect book.

We all split up to look a different sections. We looked in both the 1st and 2nd floors, but we have no luck. Until, Gutsy Scott have found something.

"I got something, lads." Gutsy shouted.

"Great work, Gutsy." I say. "What did you find?"

Gutsy pulled out a book titled: "Magical Crystals of Equestria."

"Now, that's a book I want to read." said Sharpy Gem.

The book was written by Starswirl the Bearded in this world only, not the one from our world. He wrote the book to tell ponies how magical crystals work. I believed it might be the way to help us. i looked at the contents and found where to look. I turned the pages further to where we should read. It said something about portal crystals. Two types of crystals are and red. The blue crystals lets ponies travel to different worlds. Mix of sunlight from the crystal let's them travel clockwise. But, a mix of moonlight from the crystal let's them travel counter-clockwise. But for the red crystals, they trapped ponies into limbo.

"I can't believe Starswirl discovered this." I say.

"Special, you should be lucky, I brought these same blue crystals with me all along." Sharpy told me.

"You sly-dog." I say.

"And more good news, the moonlight we can get comes tonight and tomorrow." said Radish Ryan.

Caren Coal was following us the whole time by tracing our steps. Until then, she'd made it to the bookstore and started looking for us.

I read the rest of the book and learned that the portal will open on a waterfall, when lights pointed at it.

"Alright everypony, we got what we need." I say. "All that remains now, is to return to the same waterfall we saw days ago, and open the portal tonight."

"And we can go home?" Frosty Flavor asked.

"And we can go home." I answered repeatedly.

Unfortunately before we could leave, Caren had already found us.

"Oh, you're going home alright." Caren said. "To a place my queen called the Frownedere Castle."

We'd recognize her since we met her at the space store.

"Who are you? What do you want?" Tangerine Twist asked.

"I'm Caren Coal. And, it's not what I want, it's something my queen want. She wants one foal for her help. She's a descendant of Wonderworld's enemy: Queen Frowny."

She'd show us her badge, which was Queen Frowny's symbol from my nightmare, another sign to my friends in danger. It was Frowny's relative who was the one in my vision.

"Everypony run!" I ordered my friends.

We'd found a door at the back of the bookstore, we trying to open it, but it was shut tight. Caren was getting closer, she started charging her magic to catch us. While my friends were pushing the door open, I was covering for them. Caren blasted her magic right towards us, but I used my magic to bounce her magic back at her. And, the hit made her crash to a bookshelf. The door was finally opened up for us to escape.

We found a hatch to a pipe, which was big enough for all of us. But I, on the other hoof, had something else I believe I should do.

"Brainiac," I said talking out the instructions." Take the instructions, follow them, open the portal, and get everypony home tonight. It has to be tonight."

"Me? Open the portal?" Brainiac asked. "No, I'm not ready."

"You will be."

Caren was closing in, she busted the door opened. Once my friends go into the pipe, I closed the hatch behind them and gave them my last request.

"Go." I ordered. "And no matter what happens, do not come back for me."

I was sacrificing myself to get captured, to keep my friends safe.

"What are you waiting for? Take me instead." I told Caren.

"Come to mama." Caren said.

Then, Caren used her magic to capture me. My friends were watching before they continue escaping out of the bookstore.

"SPECIAL, NO!!!" Ellagant Glare cried.

"Come on, lass. Do as Special said." Gutsy Scott told her tearfully.

Caren hooked me in chains and hoofcubs, even on my wings to prevent me from flying.

"Finally, I got a foal for my queen." Caren said herself. "Time to go back."

Then, she carried me to take me to Queen Eschew at her castle outside of Wonderworld.

For my friends, they made it to the other side of the pipe and fell into the river. They climbed out, and dried off the water. They were worried and scared for me being captured and not seen again.

"What's gonna happen now?" Lucky Clover asked.

"What do we do without Special?" Frosty Flavor asked.

"Special asked us to open the portal and head home. And, that's exactly what we're gonna do." Tangerine Twist said."

"Come on, we don't have much time." Gutsy Scott told them.

"We can't ride the swans again, it'll be too slow for us." said Sharpy Gem.

"Then, let's take a train." Brainiac said.

They all made it to the train station and rode a train to go back to Princess Brightira's castle.

Back at Friendship HQ, Sunny and the others were ready to open the portal. Cloudy Carla opened the hatch on the roof to let in some sunlight.

"Okay everypony." Sunny said. "We get only one shot at this."

Izzy Moonbow and Misty Brightdawn were aiming the blue crystal at the waterfall decoration. The light form the sun bounced off the crystal and pointed at the waterfall. Finally, the portal opened up. Now, Sunny and her friends can go find us, while the remaining defenders stay behind.