• Published 27th Jun 2023
  • 445 Views, 4 Comments

Star Wars: Equestrian Empire - Octavia_Melody



The entire planet Equus is transported into the Star Wars galaxy. Can Equestria survive being torn apart by the Galactic Civil War?

  • ...
 4
 445

7 - The Governor

Back in Canterlot Palace, Twilight Sparkle was still a mess of anger, sorrow, and fear. Nightmare Moon cackled as she decided about what to do regarding Twilight and the droids.

"Now that my beloved sister is taken care of, what should we do about you?" she mused.

"I don't care anymore." Twilight admitted, "Do whatever you want."

"Are there more of these space creatures that would dare challenge my rule?" Nightmare Moon asked.

"I'm sure there will be." Twilight said with a heavy sigh.

"What if you were to become my student?" Nightmare Moon asked, "You could help rule Equestria by my side."

Twilight thought for a moment and considered Nightmare Moon's offer. Nightmare Moon would not disuade her from doing what needed to be done to defend Equestria. Nightmare Moon could teach her powerful magic. Nightmare Moon might even find a way to bring back her parents.

"If I become your student, will you help me take down this...space empire?" Twilight asked.

"I shall destroy all of those who challenge my rule." Nightmare Moon replied.

"Excuse me, but what is to become of us?" 3PO spoke up as R2 whistled.

"What skills do you have, creature?" Nightmare Moon asked.

"I am fluent in over six million forms of communication and know the local customs of at least 12 different star systems." 3PO explained.

"Can you work one of those...space...flyers?" Twilight asked.

"I'm not much of a pilot, I'm afraid." 3PO said, "R2 here could set a course but you would have to set a trajectory."

"Can it take us back to wherever those soldiers that killed Mom and Dad came from?" Twilight asked.

"The last known coordinates? Of course." 3PO replied.

"Then that's where we'll be going!" Twilight decided.

"Where you'll be going." Nightmare Moon corrected, "I have business to attend to here."

"But..." Twilight began, as Nightmare Moon flew out from a balcony.

"NOW EQUESTRIA SHALL KNOW GLORIOUS ETERNAL NIGHT!!" Nightmare Moon shouted as she spread her wings and darkness spread all over Equestria.

Nightmare Moon heard a strange noise from behind and turned her head. Descending from the sky was a massive, prism shaped spaceship with a large compartment jutting from the top. It was an Imperial Star Destroyer.

"Who dares challenge the Queen of the Night?!" Nightmare Moon demanded.

Nightmare Moon's horn glowed and she fired at the enormous ship but her attack was merely deflected. The ship fired an even larger blast at her in return and the corrupted alicorn collapsed to the ground.

"Nightmare Moon!" Twilight called out in concern.

Twilight galloped over as Nightmare Moon stood back up. Her dark alicorn powers ensured she was phased but not injured.

"That blow would've killed any lesser being." Nightmare Moon mused, "Who and what are these creatures?"

As if in answer, the Star Destroyer extended its three landing prongs and embedded itself into the rocky hill next to the palace. The ship was large enough to block even the moon's glow that Nightmare Moon had left in the night sky. Another Imperial shuttle soon flew out of it and landed next to the palace. This time, a squadron of 30 stormtrooper poured out of the shuttle and all aimed their blasters at Twilight. Twilight gulped as she expected to be obliterated but instead, two men who were not stormtroopers motioned for the soldiers to stand down.

The first man was clearly the ranking officer. He was a tall man with balding grey hair and sunken cheeks. His eyes were a piercing blue with a stern, lethal glare. He wore a grey uniform with a large badge on his chest, signifing rank. His assitant was slightly less impressive, a man with sideburns, a grey cap, and an even less impressive rank badge.

"I am Governor Tarkin of the Emperor's High Command and have been appointed viceroy of this primitive little planet."

Tarkin announced, "I don't know exactly what your are but from earlier reports you seem to be the dominant species. If you remain cooperative, no harm will come to you. Are we agreed?"

"My name is Twilight Sparkle!" Twilight struck back, "And your guys killed my parents!"

"I'm sure it was some sort of misunderstanding." Tarkin scoffed, "Now you don't look like the local leader of this planet. Who might that be?"

"I am the ruler of Equestria." Nightmare Moon announced, "You fired at me with your flying castle."

"You fired on us first." Tarkin corrected, "What is your name? You are in no position to bargain. Surrender immediately."

"I shall never surrender to the likes of you!" Nightmare Moon shouted.

Before Tarkin could give the order to fire, a blast was fired dangerously close above his head.

"EXTERMINATE!!" said a group of flying salt-shakers.

"Are those droids?!" Tarkin questioned, "Open fire!"

The stormtroopers shot up at the "droids" as the Daleks fired back down. The scene was a mutual hit-and-miss and one trooper was killed by a dead Dalek landing on him. Tarkin and his assistant ran for cover inside the safety of the shuttle and it was soon back up in the air. The shuttle quickly made its way to the Star Destroyer, which was now firing at the Dalek saucer which had opened fire on it.

"Who dares challenge the reign of Davros?!" Davros demanded from inside of his control room.

"Spacefaring humans, it would seem." Dalek Vek replied, "They seem to have a decent amount of firepower. It's resisting our weapons."

"Are you suggesting that we retreat?" Davros scoffed.

"In this instance, yes." Dalek Vek said, "Until we know more about the nature of the threat."

"You told me this planet would be easy to conquer." Davros recalled.

"The planet, yes." Dalek Vek corrected, "These interlopers...unpredictable..."

"Take us away from here, for now." Davros ordered.

The Dalek saucer zoomed away into space as Tarkin made his way to the Star Destroyer bridge.

"I think the enemy has fled for now, Governor." Tarkin's assistant, General Bast said, "Shall we pursue?"

"Yes." Tarkin ordered, "Silence the more immediate threat. Take us back into space."

"I have a bad feeling about this." Bast said under his breath.