• Published 25th Jun 2023
  • 1,189 Views, 47 Comments

My Little Pony: Friendship Is Cine-magic: Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children - IndyWriter Productions



Not long after the their adventures of Planes, Twilight and her friends are whisked into another world. One that is more sinister and emotional.

  • ...
2
 47
 1,189

Part 1: Grim Beginnings

Equestria, a land full of happiness and positivity. Not much in terms of negativity happens here. During one beautiful summer day, Twilight and her friends were enjoying a lovely picnic. The sun beamed brightly and the light breeze made everything feel perfect.

"Oh, what perfect day for picnic." Rarity commented. "It was a good idea to push back our get-together to the day after, Twilight."

"That was more of 'I was just too busy that day' and less 'I knew this day would've be better'." Twilight responded, stretching out her wings. "But, I appreciate the sincerity anyways, Rarity."

I had been about three months after their first other-worldly adventure, the memories were still fresh in their heads. Not only had the made friends with sentient vehicles, but Rainbow also found herself as a unique competitor and runner-up champion.

However, they all decided to keep there whereabouts that day to themselves. This, however, was brought up again.

Twi, are ya sure it was wise to not tell anypony bout where we went?" Applejack asked.

"Well, I thought if we did tell everypony about all about traveling to another world and what happened at Propwash Junction, they might get the wrong ideas or even cause an unnecessary panic." The lavender princess answered fruitfully.

"Ah understand that, but, mah family has gotten a bit pushy on why ah can't tell 'em where ah was that day." Applejack said.

"I have to agree with Applejack on this one." Rarity said. "I don't really find it fair to keep secrets from our families."

Twilight put a hoof up against her chin, as if in thought.

"I suppose you're right." She finally said. "At least our families deserve to know what happened to us."

"Um, actually, there's something that I want to ask." Fluttershy said softly.

"What is it Flutters?" Rainbow asked openly.

"Well, it has been a couple of months since we went to that world and met Dusty and Chug and the others." The shy pegasus started, the others listened on. "I kind of been wondering if...well...is it gonna happen again?"

"Wuduya mean by that?" The apple farmer asked.

"Um, like...will we be tasked...by the Friendship Map...to go to another world again."Fluttershy said.

The others gave it some thought. It had been a while since their first mission of that kind. was it only gonna happen once or was the start of something else?

"I actually don't know." Twilight responded. "It wouldn't make a lot sense if it was just a one-time thing."

"Yeah, and besides, going to new worlds and meeting SO many new friends is like the best thing EVER." Pinkie said excitedly. "Don't you find it exciting." Pinkie got up to Fluttershy's face, to the point their muzzles were touching.

The yellow pegasus stuttered a bit.

"I-I-I...guess." She whimpered.

"Well, regardless if it does happen again I hope they'll have better living arrangements." Rarity commented.

"Of course you would say that, Rarity." Rainbow said snarkly.

"What's THAT supposed to mean?" The fashionista asked, sounding offended.

Before things could escalate any further, one by one, the Main 6's cutie marks began to glow. Which only meant one thing.

"Looks like we got another friendship mission waiting for us." Twilight announced.

"Ah, yeah. I've been itching for another friendship mission, again." The rainbow-maned pegasus shouted happily.

"Why's that? So you can show off yer racin skills." Applejack remarked.

"Oh, shut it." Rainbow said in annoyance.

The Main 6 began galloping toward Twilight's castle. Well, all except one.

"Wait, what about the chocolate mousse cake I made?!" Rarity called out. "I worked all day on that and I was so looking forward to having it with all of you!"

"We don't have time for that Rares. Come on." Applejack yelled back.

Rarity was still hesitant, looking back between her friends and the decorative cake sitting in the middle of the cloth. Finally, she relented and bolted after her friends. She looked back at her prized treat.

"I'll come back for youuuuuu!" Rarity howled despairingly in the distance.



(Twilight's castle)



Twilight and her friends arrived and soon made their way into the map room. Spike was already inside with his spines glowing.

"Oh, hey girls." The baby dragon greeted. "Guess we're off to another world again?"

Twilight looked at the map. Just like last time, the entire thing was glowing.

"Guess so." She said simply "And I suppose that answers the question of whether it was going to be a one-time thing or not."

"I'm not complaining." Pinkie hopped joyfully.

"Like we needed confirmation for that." Applejack remarked wittingly

"Oh! Before I forget." Twilight said.

She magicked a piece of paper and a feather pen into possession and gave to Spike.

"Spike, I need you to write a note to Starlight so she knows where we went." The Friendship Princess said.

"Sure thing, Twilight." Spike said and got to work.

"Well, it seems were needed in another world." Applejack said.

"Yep, and I'm glad Celestia taught me how to use that portal spell." Twilight said brightly. "I would hate having to force her to travel all the way here to do it herself."

"I'm sure she wouldn't mind, but, it does make things more convenient." Spike pointed out just as he finished writing.

Spike placed the note on a table before getting back with the others.

"Alright, is everypony ready?" Twilight asked.

The others nodded in confirmation. Twilight steadied herself and began concentrating her magic. A beam of gold light poured from her horn and onto the Friendship Map. Almost instantaneously, a familiar portal began to take shape. Just like last time, the portal enveloped the map and flattened against the floor.

"Oh, boy. This is so exhilarating." Pinkie giggled with delight.

"What are we waiting for? Let's go!" Rainbow said blissfully and dove into the portal.

"Wait for me!" Pinkie yelled after her and hopped into the portal.

"Welp, guess it's our turn now." Applejack said as she followed after her friends.

Rarity and Fluttershy followed soon after.

"Ready to go?" Twilight asked her Number One Assistant.

"As ready as I'll ever be." The drake answered happily.

They both jumped into the portal. And just like that, they were off. The portal dissipated and the Friendship Map came back into existence.

Not long after a lavender unicorn opened the doors and looked inside.

"Twilight? Are you and our friends off on those inter-dimensional adventures again?" Starlight asked in indignation.

She spotted the note and read it.


Dear Starlight

Sorry to leave you again, but the map has called us again for another friendship mission. And yes, it's in another world. Sorry to leave on such short notice.

From Twilight Sparkle.



Starlight rolled her eyes in annoyance and sighed.

"Well, at least they notified me before leaving this time." She said to herself. "Still, I wished I could've come along, too"

"Least I got something to keep me occupied."

"Alright, guess I'll go and help out at the Apples' farm." Starlight said before walking out of the room.

Meanwhile, the Main 7 we're floating through the portal, awaiting for there arrival.

"I wonder this new world will have." Twilight said aloud.

"Could be anything." Spike said simply.

"Oh, oh. I bet they'll have soda fountains and talking cats." Pinkie exclaimed.

"That's...oddly specific." Rainbow said awkwardly.

"Anything can be possible in a new world." Pinkie hyper-responded.

What our heroes would soon realize, however, was that this world would be way more mature and violent then Dusty's world.

A white light began to form at the end of the portal, signifying their destination was drawing near.

"Here we go, ya'll." Applejack called out.

The ponies and dragon braced as the light embraced them. suddenly the were spat out onto the ground in a pile in spectacular fashion.

"Really now. Couldn't you be bit more, I don't know...GENTLE!" Rarity yelled angrily at the portal.

The portal vanished, leaving the Main 7 all alone.

"Well, guess we should begin our mission." Twilight announced.

"Uh. Where exactly?" Rainbow asked.

The friend group looked around only to find desolate, gray land and rocks as far as the eye could see. Only interest about it was a huge structure in the distance. It looked damaged and abandoned.

"Should we check it out?" Rarity asked slight concerned.

"Ah don't know. Ah got a bad feelin 'bout this." Applejack said with unease.

"What about that guy over there." Spike pointed out.

In the distance was a moderately tall figure with blonde, spikey hair and dressed in black. He was onboard a two-wheeled contraption and it appeared he was holding something against his left ear.

"Better than nothing I suppose." Twilight said with a hint of fear.

She didn't know why, but the figure gave her a creepy vibe. And it seemed she wasn't the only one that felt that way.

"Twilight, I really don't like this." Fluttershy whispered, hiding her face in her mane.

"It's okay, Fluttershy. We'll do this together.

"Yeah, and if that thing thinks it can take us on, we'll show him what for." Rainbow said punching her front her hooves together.

"Eep!" The animal caregiver whimpered.

"Let's not jump to conclusions, dear." Rarity said.

"Let's just make our where over." Spike added.

"Still wishing for soda fountains and talking cats?" Rainbow side-marked to Pinkie.

"Yes." The pink earth pony whispered.

As the got closer, they could make out a voice through the device the creature was holding.

"You got a call from Reno. He's in Healin. Says he's got work for you. Cloud, how have you been?"

You have no more messages-

The figure put the device in his pocket and looked around. Suddenly, his eyes fell on the Main 7 who stopped in their tracks.

"Uhh, hello." Twilight greeted feebly

The figure's face hardened almost as if he was glaring at them.

"Who the hell are you?" He growled venomously.

The Main 7 shuddered, they knew this would be much different than last time.

"Oh, boy." They all thought to themselves.

Author's Note:

Oh, snap! The second episode of this series is now out! Hope you enjoy.