• Published 29th Dec 2011
  • 2,060 Views, 2 Comments

Love in Equestria - Wolfe15

  • ...
3
 2
 2,060

Confection Confessions Pt 1

Confection Confessions Pt. 1
The story of Mr.Carrot Cake and Ms.Banana Split Sundae

The sun shone down on a new day and a groan came from the bed in the center of the room. "Get up you lazy bitch!" Snarled a rather pissed off Mrs. Cup Cake. Sighing silently, his wife, Carrot Cake, sat up and nodded. "Yes dear." The life of one Carrot Cake was very sad indeed. Every morning he would wake up to the yells and taunts of his wife, would work as his wife delivered more insults in stage whispers, then clean up to the calls of insults then head to bed with his wife telling him how horrible he was. He grimaced as he brushed his teeth and felt a small stab of pain shoot through his jaw. Last night it seemed his wife laid him out good with a right hook for not frosting the cupcakes right. He finished brushing his teeth before brushing his orange hair back and pulling it into a pony tail, he took in a deep breath, grimaced then walked to his dresser to get ready for the day.

Soon he was passing out pastries to the happy costumers with a fake smile on his face. A smile that he painted on to prove he could, to prove his wife's less than nice demeanor had no affect on her. Honestly though his wife could be a serious bitch in private! He walked over to a table and was cleaning up when he heard the tell-tale sign of his rent paying party-goer, Pinkie Pie, bound over. "Hey Mr. Cake!"

"Hi Pinkie. How are you?"

"Great! And you? I heard yelling last night, are you okay?" Mr.Cake grimaced but painted his usual smile on his face and chuckled. "Sorry Pinkie me and Cup Cake got into an argument over the next confection we were going to try out."

Pinkie nodded then bounded over to her friend, Rainbow Dash. Mr. Cake watched them wistfully but returned to his work at his wife's glare. "Excuse me?"

"Yes?" He said without looking back.

"Are you Carrot Cake?" He turned and looked down at a shorter woman. She was grinning like a lunatic and faintly he thought she was another version of Pinkie.

"Um, who's asking?"

"It's me Carrot! Banana Split!" Frowning he took out his glasses, put them on, then looked closer at the woman.

"Well I'll be damned....Banana I thought you were still in Canterlot cooking for Prince BlueBlood!"

"I was but he said I should move here to make room for another chef. I'm still am head chef, I'm on a short vacation though."

Carrot Cake nodded and smiled. "How have you been Carrot?" Carrot grimaced then looked around for any sign of his wife. Seeing his wife talking to a customer, rather openly flirting with him, he frowned. "Um, hold up."

He walked over then said, "Cup Cake? May I take a break?"

"Sure." He nodded then pulled off his apron and hat before leading his old friend out of the store and to a cafe not to far away. They took a seat and a waiter took their orders before leaving them. "So how have you been Carrot Cake?" Carrot Cake sighed then grabbed his cup of coffee in both hands and looking at it. "Not good?"

"That's an understatement. I.......I thought I made the right choice."

"About what?"

"Everything. Cup Cake, creating the Sugar Cube Corner....everything." Silence blossomed and Banana reached over and grasped his hand.

"Are you okay? Has she hurt you in anyway?" Carrot Cake sighed, looked away, then drank some of his coffee.

"I'll be okay soon and I don't want talk about her. How have you been?"

"Ehhhhhhh pretty good. Nothing new really." Carrot Cake nodded before a comfortable silence embraced them and he drifted into a memory,

He smiled as he iced his cake. "Carrot? What are you doing?" His eyes widened and he spun around in shock and accidently squeezed the tube of icing in his hand, squeaking in shock and a bit of fear. Realizing he had covered his disgruntled and irritated looking friend in icing he grinned sheepishly. "Sorry Banana. I was, um, finishing a cake."

"I can see that but why and at this time at night?"

"I, um, got my cutie mark today and I just wanted to get it finished before bed." A look of shock and disbelief crossed young Banana's face and she rushed over.

"No way! I wanna see!" Carrot flushed as his friend rolled up the sleeve to his shirt and the tattoo looking emblem on his arm stood out.

"Lucky......I want my cutie mark!"

"Do you like to make ice-cream and cooking?"

"Of course! I wanna open a restaurant! I wanna cook for the rest of my...Cooking, thats it!" Carrot smiled then reached over and rubbed off the icing on her shoulder to reveal a cutie mark, a banana split, fitting of her friend.

"Congrats Banana!" Banana looked at her arm in shock then jumped forward and hugged her friend tightly.

"Carrot?" Carrot snapped out of the memory and looked at his friend flushing lightly.

"Sorry about that. What?"

"I was talking about the huge Celestria Birthday Dessert Cook off!" Carrot gave her a blank look and Banana rolled her eyes before pulling out a flyer.

"Seriously Carrot you gotta get out more." Carrot rolled his eyes then looked at the flyer before gaping at it.

"The princess is looking for a pastry chef to cook her birthday cake and the rest of the dessert for the birthday party?"

"Yup! I'm surprised you haven't heard heard of it." Carrot flushed then stuck his tongue out before looking the flyer over again. He bit his lip then looked up and at Banana. Her eyes were a yellow of the sun, her hair was white but not from age, a natural white like soft marshmallow and it was pulled into a low ponytail. She was grinning at him and Carrot flushed before taking a drink of his coffee.

"I don't know Banana, Cup Cake might not go for this."

"Then enter the competition with me! We can win it!" Carrot frowned deeper, looking away.

"I-I'm not sure."

"Please?" Taking a deep breath, he set the flyer down then grinned and nodded.

"I'll do it." As Banana smiled and practically jumped across the table to hug him, Carrot smiled and felt something in his chest that he hadn't felt in a while. Excitement.


The rest of the day passed normally for him and he soon found himself standing under the gentle spray of shower water. As he washed up her mind strayed to Banana, soon he found himself thinking about how much she had changed. As children they had stuck through thick and thin, they had gone on adventures in the kitchen to try and find their cutie marks. They were both best friends but as they grew older, they stopped talking. Cup Cake didn't like Banana Split and Banana thought Cup Cake was a bitch. Frankly Carrot Cake knew deep inside that he shouldn't have married Cup Cake but he had thought it was love and gone with it.

The years had passed so quickly after they had stopped talking and their was no stopping the process of age but Banana had aged in grace. She wasn't so skinny she was a twig but now her hips flared out and her breasted were a manageable size. Her eyes were still as soft as could be and her hair had gotten no different.

She was still short, 5'2 to her 5'8 but her size made her more approachable and more....kind looking. Carrot frowned and looked down at himself. He wasn't overly muscular, just enough from lifting heavy bags and trays. He was more tall and a bit lanky then stocky and muscular.

Not as awkward as he was as a child but his lank had stayed over the years. He shut off his shower then stepped out and began to dry off. He pulled on some boxers before pulling on an under shirt and frowning as a knock came from somewhere downstairs.

"Go see who it is Carrot!" Carrot grimaced glared at the door before leaving the bathroom, heading downstairs. He gulped then pulled out a bat from behind the counter and yelled, "Who's their!?"

"Carrot?" Carrot lowered the bat then rushed to the door to let in Banana.

"Why are you here?"

"Um the hotel I was at kind of kicked me out."

"Why?"

"Evidently he hates me cuz I used to tease him in school. Can I stay here?" Biting his lip, he opened his mouth but Pinkie spoke from behind him.

"Sure! You can stay in my room! Like a SLEEPOVER!" Carrot jumped then chuckled.

Banana found herself grinning at the over excited pink haired girl then looked at Carrot. She was struck with how handsome he had gotten. Carrot was not buff or "ripped" but he had an air about him that made you feel safe, happy, and joyful. He still looked a bit awkward but it was it could be overlooked by the cute way he smiled and the soft volume of his voice when he spot to you.

"Well tomorrow make sure you wake up early Carrot." Banana held in a giggle as Carrot looked at her in confusion.

"Why?"

"Well we got to get brainstorming on ideas silly." Carrot flushed then nodded before looking at the pink haired girl. "Pinkie make sure Banana has everything she needs." The girl, Pinkie, nodded with a salute before leading Banana to a pink colored room.

The next morning, Carrot found himself awake long before Cup Cake. And with a grin he slid out of bed then rushed through his morning routine, for once eager to get to his baking. He rushed downstairs to find Pinkie and Banana cooking and talking. He bit her lip then walked in and smiled, "Hey guys."

Pinkie looked at him then began to bounce around happily as Banana chuckled. "I made some coffee. Grab a cup and we can start sketching out the cake ideas!"

Carrot nodded then rushed and grabbed a cup of coffee before grabbing a pencil and paper. Soon the three were discussing ideas and before they knew it Cup Cake was walking into the room with a blank look on her face.

"What is going on?" Banana looked up from the sketch as did the other two and she smiled.

"Sorry, I'm- Oh joy it's you Cup Cake! How are you?"

"What are you doing in my house?"

"Oh I just wanted to see Carrot Cake again."

Pinkie was bouncing around and Carrot was trying not to look up at his wife in fear of pain. Cup Cake smiled then shrugged.

"We open soon so don't spend all day working on that." Carrot released a sigh of relief then smiled lightly at Banana.
After the store opened and no one had come in they began to work on the sketch again. It took two hours but they found themselves proud of the cake design.

"Now what should go into it."

"Mr. Cake? Your a great baker right?" Carrot nodded and Pinkie then turned to Banana.

"Miss Sundae you make ice-cream right?"

"Yes dear...OH! An ice-cream cake!" Pinkie nodded then began to bounce around.

"How did you know what I was going to say? Are you a mind reader?" Banana chuckled as did Carrot but they nodded and soon the baking began. For those who love to do anything, the time it takes to reach your goal is long but when you throw yourself into it and remove your worries time flies by. It took five hours but they created a cake that the princess would be insane to refuse!

Banana and Carrot were so happy they didn't realize Pinkie had run off. "It looks perfect!" Banana squealed as Carrot nodded excitedly and looked at his excited friend.

"This is great. Help me get it into the freezer!" They grabbed both edges and lifted the cake into the freezer then shut the door and laughed.

"If Princess Celestria refuses the cake I'll eat my hat!" Carrot laughed as Banana laughed and nodded. As they sat in silence Carrot looked over to the side as did Banana.

"Carrot?"

"Hm?"

"Why did you look so sad when I first saw you again?" Carrot looked away then stood.

"I don't know what your talking about."

"See now you're blocking me out."

"I am not."

"Are too." Carrot grimaced then grabbed a rag and began to clean but Banana grabbed it and snapped out.

"Talk to me."

"No." Banana growled then pressed herself closer to Carrot and growled again.

"Please! We're friends! I want to know how to help..."

"You can't. No one can help." Banana looked at him sadly then turned away. "Then I'll go. You dont-."

"Carrot? What are you doing?" Carrot grimaced then looked to the door to see Cup Cake their fuming.