• Published 11th Jun 2023
  • 197 Views, 6 Comments

Eight days under the Zebrican sun - The Cheeser



Swift Glaze, looking for adventure and battle, signs himself up for an expeditionary force. Not knowing the trouble ahead

  • ...
 6
 197

Chapter 7-The Frozen Moonlight of Zebrica

Once the sun had set, Swift Glaze quickly laid out his torn-up blanket onto the sand. Out of nowhere, for the first time since he had crashed, a wind set in. This heavy wind caused the ripped blanket to fly away. Swift Glaze galloped to try to catch it. Only after much effort was he able to grab his blanket.

Taking the blanket back to where he laid the saddle bags, Swift Glaze thought about how to proceed.

"I have to make a hole to protect myself from the wind," he thought. However before he could continue his train of thought, he noticed two things.

The first thing was the cold. He knew it was cold, but now that he was far away from his crashed aircraft, the cold set into his bones.

The second thing that was starting to bother him was the sand. Ever since the wind picked up, small amounts of sand would blow into his eyes. He tried to figure out a way to block the sand from going into his eyes. But, without glasses of any kind, his choice was to either completely block up his eyes, or keep them exposed.

Sighing to himself, he settled down at the bottom of a dune, making a small hole in the ground, large enough for him to slip into. But it was neither deep enough nor wide enough for Swift Glaze to have any comfort.

As though it was taunting him, Luna's moon gave out a weak light. However, this light did not give any heat and instead seemed to only further dampen Swift Glaze's spirits.

As the night progressed, so did the cold. Shivering in his blankets, Swift Glaze decided that it was too cold to sleep. Standing up and collecting his things, Swift Glaze wrapped the blanket around him to provide some warmth as he trotted west.

He trotted quickly through the frozen dunes in Zebrica. However, as he trotted his stomach slowly grumbled and moaned. Swift Glaze tried to continue. But his hunger was too strong for him to continue much longer. Digging a small hole to protect him from the wind, Swift Glaze pulled out his emergency rations.

"Crap" he realized "I haven't eaten since I crashed" All of the excitement from the crash, then the heat, and finally the night had worn off. Swift Glaze pulled out of his saddlebags some emergency rations along with the tree nuts. Though the nuts were stale, and the rations barely edible. Consisting of a "Nutrient bread" and some other dry nuts and fruit. However, due to his ravenous hunger, Swift Glaze had managed to ignore this. He would drink a gulp of water from his canteen whenever he took a bite to eat. Mostly because the nutrient bread was so dry it could be dirt. And it was so tasteless, it practically tasted like dirt too! Finishing half the nutrient bread, Swift Glaze continued through the frozen night. At least he was fulfilled in his stomach.