• Published 11th Jun 2023
  • 196 Views, 6 Comments

Eight days under the Zebrican sun - The Cheeser



Swift Glaze, looking for adventure and battle, signs himself up for an expeditionary force. Not knowing the trouble ahead

  • ...
 6
 196

Chapter 1-Registration

Swift Glaze, an aspiring earth pony, was trotting down the barracks hallway when he saw something on the bulletin board which caught his eye. A new opportunity hidden in between a bunch of junk. Walking closer he saw a rather bland form with the header "VOLUNTEER FOR THE ZEBRICAN EXPEDITIONARY FORCE". He'd never seen real combat. Equestria was always at peace and he was always edging to do something. Grabbing the paper, he had a thought "What if they only took experienced pilots?" he wondered. But, fortunately for him, he saw nothing of the sort. "Hey rookie, what do you have there?" a more experienced Pegasus said, peering at what Swift Glaze was reading. "You wanna go on the Zebrican expeditionary force?" he pondered. "Yeah, I trained for 5 months to be a pilot, and I am not going to waste it sitting in a barracks doing test flights." swift glaze quickly responded. "Well, if I were you I'd recommend taking extra snacks. The flight is pretty long from Equestria to Zebrica." Swift Glaze smirked a little and said "You know that they're putting the planes on boats, right?" The Pegasus blushed and quickly stammered out " Of course, I uh, just thought you might get hungry on the way" after this the Pegasus trotted off quickly. Swift Glaze returned to the form and started answering all of the questions on the form. Around half an hour later he trotted over to an officer and said "Ma'am, I would like to request to be a part of the Zebrican Expeditionary Forces" She sighed and responded, "Did you fill out the form required?"

"Yes Ma'am" Swift Glaze responded, handing over the form he had spent some time working on

The officer quietly looked over the form for a few minutes

"You'll be registered as a volunteer. Just don't get excited. You're inexperienced and unlikely to be chosen to go. We've got more experienced pilots as volunteers already." She said, getting harsher as she spoke.

Not wanting to arouse the anger of the officers he quietly replied "Yes ma'am" and quickly left the officer to herself.