• Published 11th Jun 2023
  • 196 Views, 6 Comments

Eight days under the Zebrican sun - The Cheeser



Swift Glaze, looking for adventure and battle, signs himself up for an expeditionary force. Not knowing the trouble ahead

  • ...
 6
 196

Chapter 15-The Incomplete Squadron

Out of all of Squadron Fluffy mittens, only Controls walked in.

The rest of the squadron either was on duty or in Fluffy's case, too broken up to see him.

Controls walked up to Swift Glaze. He was bandaged from hoof to snout. Many parts of his skin were infected with various ailments. He was nearly bald, with only a little bit of hair in spots on his head.

"Your father wanted me to give this to you. He said it wouldn't be right if anypony except Fluffy Mitten Squadron gave it to you". He said, while setting the patch onto Swift Glaze’s bed. Controls was exhausted. He had partially blamed himself for Swift Glaze not being rescued. However, he decided to give Swift Glaze a gift, as some sort of recompense.

Putting on a table near Swift Glaze, he put a big button, with a piece of paper above it.

"If you move your right foreleg over here, you can type in Morse code," he said, helping him get used to it.

"Thank you for your service," he said, before leaving with tears in his eyes.

The next few days Swift Glaze only got sicker.

In those days family and various friends visited him. One day, Concord Wings finally made his visit. He had with himself a bunch of paper.

"I don't want to stress you out, and the doctors told me not to ask you to do this but, can you tell me about the desert?" he asked, in an apologetic voice.

Swift Glaze hesitated for a moment, before opening his mouth as a yes. Slowly typing away he wrote out nearly everything he did in the desert. Eventually, near the end of the day, Swift Glaze wrote, extremely slowly to end off his tale "Go Zebrica, tribe helped me there" Concord Wings, collecting up his notes and the words Swift Glaze wrote, immediately stood up and parted.