• Published 25th Apr 2023
  • 903 Views, 39 Comments

Slices of Life - Monochromatic



Series of drabbles featuring MLP characters

  • ...
3
 39
 903

7. Persistent Proposal (ft. RariDash)

Rainbow Dash didn’t know how to quit.

This was very cool of her, she thought, but it could also be a problem when she wanted something very much, and the other pony involved did not.

“Rares.”

The two of them were sitting at some fancy-shmancy restaurant Rarity loved to go to, and Rainbow Dash was wearing her Sunday best—which was nothing but a little bowtie she thought made her look fancy enough.

“Mmm?” asked the love of Rainbow Dash’s life as she perused the menu.

Rainbow lowered Rarity’s menu, and then said with a winning grin, “Wanna marry me and have a big wedding?”

Rarity smiled lovingly and looked back to her menu. “Maybe I’ll get a soup today.”

- - - A WEEK LATER - - -

Rainbow Dash wasn’t easily discouraged.

She knew Rarity loved her (the unicorn had said it literally that morning when they woke up), and Rainbow Dash loved her, so clearly that wasn’t the problem. Maybe it was the way she’d said it? Proposing when someone is looking at the menu probably wasn’t the best idea.

She’d tried again a few days after the dinner, when they were having a really nice picnic, but again Rarity had said no to her wedding proposal. Ugh!

Maybe she needed to be more… passionate? Yeah!

Rarity!” Rainbow Dash said, slamming open the door to Rarity’s study. “Please! I want to marry you and have a big wedding! I, like, NEED it!”

Rarity looked up from her design book, her brow knitted into a frown.

“Darling, I thought this was a cute little joke at first, but I’m frankly starting to get worried about you now,” she said, putting down her pen. “You do remember we are already married, don’t you?”

Now it was Rainbow’s turn to frown. “Well, yeah, duh.”

“Then why do you keep proposing to me?”“Because our wedding was AWESOME, duh!” Rainbow exclaimed, her wings flapping excitedly. “I can’t remember the last time I was at a party that cool, and we’re, like, supposed to only be able to do it once?! That SUCKS!”