• Published 12th Mar 2023
  • 348 Views, 7 Comments

Musings of a Bookhorse - Kentavritsa



Pinkie Pie carries a book from Twilight Sparkle, to her counterpart at Canterlot High. The delivered book falls into the eager hands of the Human, who falls pray to the allure of a new book she had never seen.

  • ...
 7
 348

Prologue: 1

.

I am sitting on my throne, where I have been sitting for a few minutes; ruefully contemplating the current situation, as I notice Pinkie Pie trotting into the room. I had never heard the door, either open or close.

Then again, this is Pinkie Pie I have before me. (What had I been expecting?)

“Hiya, Twilly!” Pinkie exclaims, now stretching her neck and ogles me intensely.

“Hi, Pinkie..” I respond, before I am catching on.

“My cutie-mark is glowing, flashing incessantly!” she now blurts out, still gazing into my eyes intensively.

“Congratulations, Pinkie!” I offer; I hope it will be an exciting mission!” I then continue.

I can sense the scent of sugary sweetness from her, just as I am sensing the tightness of the curls of her mane as she is pronking before me.

She is vibrating, almost making a purring sound in her exuberant excitement.

“I have a book, see!” she exclaims, lifting up her right fore-hoof to her head; inserting the hoof into the tight curls of her mane, extracting the book for me to see.

“Oh...” I mumble; “Yes; a book!” I then exclaim.

“I just realized, she will be excited; when I present her with this one!” Pinkie proclaims, almost bursting by the seams.

“Wait, what?” I exclaim; “Why does it feel, almost as if she had been a stuffed plush toy animal?” I ponder, as it strikes me.

“Thank you, Twilly..” she blurts out; “gotta go!” she then states.

With that, she is inserting the book into her mane, once more; before she extracts the hoof, moving towards the back-door towards the mirror.

“Boing.. boing.. boing...” is heard, as she bounces off towards the door.

The door opens all by itself, almost as if it had been anticipating her. Well, this is Pinkie Pie we're talking about. Though I know the castle is sentient. But still.


.

Should I have followed her? No, because I have not been summoned.

“Boing.. boing.. boing...” is heard, as she bounces out of the room.

I hear her, as she is bouncing out of the room.

However, I don't hear the door closing; more than I had heard it, when it had opened before her a mere moment earlier.

Of course, this is Pinkie Pie. I had given up the pursuit, attempting to understand her. Now, that is way back, several years ago. It had been fruitless, Pain-full. I am not eager to experience this again. Not just for the embarrassment of the failure. Maybe I could have taken a failure? No, who am I kidding. Still, this one in particular had hit be hard. Like an anvil on the top of my head, or a piano; falling down onto me, from that transport.

Hay, I just do not enjoy pain particularly, or, at all. What Pony in her right mind would, if anyone?

Not that I am judging. It's just not my place. Just as I don't judge that Stallion, who immerses himself in Jelly or marmalade. At least, so long as I'm not cleaning up after him. Which of course, I am not. (What had you been expecting?)


.

The door to the throne room is closing behind me, as I bounce towards the mirror.

I stop momentarily, before the mirror; as I make sure the book is properly seated, in its place before I bounce into the mirror. The mirror is glowing, shimmering with its light flowing out from inside.

Since I had seen Twilight using the mirror, stepping into it; I know it is safe, though I guess I had known that all along.

I find myself moving through the swirling vortex of colours, Twilight had been describing; before I step out behind the statue before the school of Canterlot High, just as Twilight had on her adventures through this Mirror Portal.

Just as her, I am a Human Girl, on this side of the mirror; and just as she was, I am retaining all my personal features and quirks. If you had not known better; you would see me, as the spitting image of my counterpart on this side. There is a Pinkie Pie over here; still attending this school, just as there was, when Twilight had last been here.

No, I am most certainly not spitting; that is just one of these silly expressions, but what the hay.

No, of course I am not wearing a Uniform; they never established any Uniform, here at Canterlot High. How silly. Why should they? Besides, the students are getting along quite nicely, after Twilight had corrected the issue and mistake made by Sunset Shimmer when she had arrived.

While not a Uniform, technically; the Tail and Ears had been turned into an unofficial Uniform of sorts, even if none ever pointed it out if you did not wear them. It's just a fun thing, a ploy and marketing item; designed, and produced by the local Rarity. Everyone had loved it, while Twilight reintroduced it; at her first entry, into the student body back then.

With the popularity Twilight had built up, for herself in the process; it was only natural, for the ears and tail to be popular as well. Popular, to the point; where even Snips and snails had opted to wear them, as they went behind the back of Sunset Shimmer. She had not taken to this, at the time. Of course, what had you been expecting; on the account of her being the antagonist, doing her best to topple the friendship we had back then. (Maybe I should let Sunset Shimmer have a copy of the book I am offering Twilight Sparkle?)

I had found myself wearing a pink knee-long skirt and t-shirt, as I was stepping through. Just as I wear the yellow and blue ears. (not the exact model, but one looking as if they had been natural such as I had before I had stepped through the mirror!)

As opposed to my friend: Twilight Sparkle, I had not stopped as I was exiting the portal; since I had been forewarn, I knew what I was to be expecting. I merely stopped, for a moment; walking up towards the entrance of the building before me: the Canterlot High school.

As opposed to the gait I had maintained, bouncing up to the mirror; I am walking, like the girl I am. I may be Pinkie Pie (Pinkamena Diane Pie); but how does this suggest, that I have to walk any different from anyone else here? I have no idea, and don't even bother trying to come up with reasons and push them into my face.

I do not have the time.

After a short moment of walk, I reach the entrance; opening the door before me, promptly entering the building.

“Hiya, Rarity!” I exclaim, as I see her moving along; slipping a hand in into my hair (mane), extracting a pristine plush Rarity.

“Hello, Pinkie!” she responds, accepting the plush Plushy replica of her.

“Thank you, Pinkie!” she responds; “A most thoughtful gift, and I will treasure her!” she now concludes.

“You are most welcome, Rarity!” I respond, walking along the hall; waving at friends as I greet them on my way.


.

She left!” I ponder, as I hear the bouncing quiet, behind Pinkie entering the mirror.


.

I am approaching the library, only for the door to open just as I arrive.

The girl who came out of the library hastily scurries off, most likely late for her next class. I don't stop her, in order to ask; I leave her to what she was doing, as I walk through the library towards the flight of stairs up to the second level.

“Hello, Pinkie!” I hear from the top of the stairs.

“Hiya, Twilight!” I respond, as I approach the stairs and climb up to where Twilight is by a table with a book before her.

I am climbing the flight of stairs, all the way up to Twilight. Now I am continuing over to the table, where she is sitting; slipping my right hand into my mane, extracting the book I had selected for her enjoyment.

“Since you enjoy reading, I brought you something just a little bit extra!” I put forth, handing her the book.

“Thank you, Pinkie!” she exclaims, as she is standing before me; hugging me tightly.

“You are quite welcome, my deer Twilight!” I respond; “Hope you will be enjoying the content as much as I predicted!” I explain.

“Send Twilight and our friends my regards!” she offers.

“Okeley, dokeley...” I respond, as I leave her alone with the book I just gave her.


.

Let's see, what book she gave me..” I ponder; “I have to see, what treasure I have before me!” I continue.

The book is a comforting Lavender, just the hue of Twilight and me. Curious, but what to be expecting from Pinkie Pie?

The book has a frame on the front, almost as if it had a mirror glued on it. On second thought, the frame is Star Silver, and the glazed mirror is iridium.

Adventures” the title reads.

Adventures?” I ponder; “What kind of a title is that?” I ponder, as I am opening the book, to the title page.

Adventures” I read; “by Quantum Leap” I continue, as I read who the author is.

For now, I ignore all the details from the publisher and such.

Of course, there is a table of contents on the next page; listing what I have to look forwards to. What had I been expecting, this is obligatory. At least, in my opinion.

Page 01: 'Filly 'N' Inky Socks” I read.

Page 02: Neko Phillie A(I)" I continue.

--- --- ---

Pass: From one, to another.