• Published 5th Oct 2012
  • 2,317 Views, 77 Comments

Doorway side stories - Java Joe



Side stories to Doorway to Another Place and Eris' Game.

  • ...
8
 77
 2,317

Hearts and Hooves - contains clop

Author's Note: The chapter here takes place some time just before chapter 13 in "Doorway". While Hearts & Hooves day is not specifically stated as being at a certain time in the year, I've gone for late spring, early summer for this. As such this would have been the last chapter with Rick in Equestria before the whole Twilight turning human bit. She's a lot more comfortable in her human form and as seen here she will change to this while in Equestria should the need be. And just as a warning to those, I've tried my hand at clop again at the end of this chapter. I'm a little happier with it than last time but I still think I'm still getting too caught up in the descriptions and not enough in the feels which is what I'm aiming for.

"Same time next week Rarity?" Rick asked as he gathered his things together.

"Don't be silly Richard. Aren't you and Twilight doing something then? After all it's Hearts and Hooves Day."

"It's what and who's day?"

"Hearts and Hooves Day darling. It's that one day of the year that you spend time with that special somepony. You lavish her with gifts, take her out to a romantic dinner & spend time with her. Twilight would never forgive me if I allowed you to monopolise her time. No, we'll have it at the same time but the day before." She trotted over, gave Rick a hug and handed him his bits and gems as payment.

Rarity always insisted on being the last appointment of his day so he never felt rushed to finish her session and honestly when he was working on her he didn't really look at the clock. He had done 4 massages today and his fingers were done for the night so it was with great pleasure that he picked up his massage table and made his way back to the library.

"Hey Sexy, I'm home!" he called out as he opened the door only to be confronted by a rather surprised looking Twilight Sparkle and some tan coloured stallion he didn't recognise.

"Oh! Rick! You're back earlier than I thought, " Twilight said a little suspiciously. As clever and as smart as she was, she still had a problem thinking on her hooves and when things didn't go as planned.

"Yeah, I was tired after Rarity's appointment and figured I'd just come back and relax a bit before dinner, " Rick said while putting his things back in his room before returning to the library. The tan stallion that had been there had left during that time and Twilight was left standing there with a very guilty smile on her face. Rick stared at her, waiting to see what she might say about what just happened.

Instead of an answer Twilight trotted over to him and reared up so she could kiss him hello. Her hooves went about his shoulders and his arms went about her, holding her tight while they shared an intimate kiss hello. Without letting go of her Rick asked, "so you going to tell me who your friend was? I'm a little surprised that you didn't introduce us then he leaves before I'm able to introduce myself properly."

"Oh, he's just... somepony that came in... looking for a book which I didn't have."

"Special book I'm assuming? Something a little risqué perhaps?"

"No, why would you think that?" she asked with genuine confusion.

"Just the way you're acting. If I was the suspicious type which I am, I'd think you were keeping something from me." Twilight looked away a little guiltily but it wasn't that she was keeping something from him so much as she wanted to keep something a surprise. "Lemme guess, it's for Hearts and Hooves Day?"

The shocked look on Twilight's face was enough to prove he was right. "How did you know?"

"It's because I'm psychic and because Rarity informed me that we'd have to reschedule her appointment for next week because of this and because you haven't mentioned this special day to me yet."

"But the surprise is going to be ruined now. I wanted to do something nice for you after you did such a nice thing for me on that Earth holiday of yours. What was it, Valentine's Day?"

"Yeah, that's the one. But what's worse? My knowing you have something planned but not knowing what it is or me thinking you're seeing another stallion behind my back?"

"See another stallion behind your back? Never in a thousand years. And I'm not his type, he's a colt-cuddler. But he was looking at your flank when you walked by, " Twilight teased.

"What seriously? I'm hoping you told him I was really tiny and insignificant in the package department?"

"No but then he didn't look impressed so I figured why add to it?" she replied with an impish grin.

"Okay, I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing so I'm going with good just in case. And speaking of good, I'm gonna grab myself a coffee. You want one?"

Twilight thought for a moment before answering. "Okay. I'll come pick it up in a few minutes." They kissed once more and each went about what they needed to do.

The coffee was done and Rick had just finished pouring himself a cup when Twilight trotted in, a huge smile on her face.

"Somepony looks pleased with themselves, " Rick said as he handed her her cup and led her to the living area. Once they were seated on the couch he asked, "so you going to make with the info or do I have to guess?"

"Rick, it's supposed to be a surprise. The fact that you know what it's for is bad enough, but I'm not going to ruin it for you by telling you. And you got to surprise me for Valentine’s Day. It's only fair that I get to surprise you."

"No problem babe, " he said taking a sip from his cup. He leaned back on the couch and smiled.

"So who's smiling now?" Twilight teased.

"I'm just thinking back to Valentine's Day and that stupid poem I had written in your card. If I had known that those words would have affected you like that before, I would have used them on you a long time before then, " he said with a smile.

Twilight remembered how he had surprised her on Valentine’s Day with a big bouquet of flowers, a heart shaped box of chocolates and some really sappy poetry he had written. It wasn't very good poetry, the metre was wrong and he used some very obvious rhymes but it didn't matter because it came from his heart. After reading it she was at a complete loss for words. This sweet sweet man had done his best to express himself in a way that she never would have thought possible and it touched her in such a way that she herself was unable to express in words.

Rick looked at her a little uncertainly, more than just a little embarrassed at having written such bad poetry and was about to apologise but she held a hoof to his lips and with tears shimmering in her eyes she just shook her head as if to say that words were not necessary. With a devilish grin, she pushed him down on the couch, pressed her lips to his and responded to his words without using any words of her own.

It had been a magical night, once they were done Rick had prepared a delicious and romantic dinner for them and they spent the rest of the evening cuddling on the couch in front of the fire, drinking wine, nibbling on some excellent cheese and just watching the snow fall.

Hours later, Rick had woken up still sitting on the couch with Twilight sound asleep resting her head on his lap. The fire had gone out and only the glowing embers remained in the fireplace. He shifted slightly to allow himself to get up and gently lay Twilight's head on the sofa before picking her up and carrying her back downstairs.

"Hmmm? Wasshappen?" Twilight said sleepily as she woke up.

"Shhh, go back to sleep babe, I'm just carrying you to bed. It's a lot more comfortable sleeping there than on my lap."

"Speak for yourself. You make for a good pillow, " she said snuggling her head into his chest a little more.

It wasn't long before Rick had brought her back to his bedroom. Well, technically it was now their bedroom as she slept there every night and had brought over some of her things. She still maintained her room in the library and would use it on occasion but it was really more for show than anything else.

Gently he laid her down, tucked her in then got undressed and slipped into bed with her. As usual, they held each other for a bit before finally sharing a gentle kiss and going back to sleep.

Twilight smiled at the memory before coming back to the present moment. "You were very sweet and I love you for that and all the things you've done for me but this time around it's my turn to surprise you. So no cheating and trying to find out what's going on except it's going to be a night to remember."

"Okay babe, I trust you. You be ready for dinner around 6ish?"

"Yes. What are we having?" Twilight asked with an eager smile.

"Káposztás tészta, " Rick said with an enigmatic smile.

Twilight looked confused. "What was that?"

"That Hungarian dish with the cabbage and the noodles. I've got some mushrooms I'm throwing in there this time and I figure some seared tofu to go over top."

"Then why didn't you say so?"

"I did. It's not my fault you don't understand Hungarian."

"Neither do you, " Twilight said poking him in the chest with one of her hooves. "Knowing a couple of words and phrases does not mean you speak the language."

"Oh I'm so lucky to have such a smart fillyfriend as you, " Rick said half-sarcastically and half-truthfully.

Twilight just looked at him, smiled and spit out a bunch of syllables that sounded like she was gargling glass.

"Uhhhmmm, gesundheit?" Rick answered looking totally confused at what just happened.

"Oh I'm sorry, that was Old Draconic for 'I know'. It's not my fault that you don't speak it, " Twilight responded with a wicked smile.

Rick laughed at having been beaten at his own game. "Twilight Sparkle, I love you, " Rick said taking her in his arms, giving the pony a big hug and kiss before letting her get back on with her day.

"Love you too Big Guy, " Twilight responded with a smile before heading back to the library.

Rick watched her leave and thought to himself how odd their situation was. Here they were, two completely different species yet they still managed to make the transition from friends to lovers. "And to think I used to make fun of furries, " he mumbled to himself as he gathered the cups and brought them over to the sink to wash them.

That night after dinner, they relaxed on the couch as they usually did with a glass of wine and a movie. Since the theme of the day had been "Hearts and Hooves" Rick felt it was best to continue in that vein with what many considered one of the most romantic stories of all times, "Romeo and Juliet". He had the 1968 Zeffirelli version which was his favourite out of all of them that he had seen. A small part of that had to do with seeing it as a teenager and falling in love with Olivia Hussey who played Juliet. That short nude scene she had had been graven in his mind's eye for years after.

As the disc started and they sat together on the couch Rick leaned over and said, "the language is a flowery form of older English with a lot of 'thees' and 'thous' as well as terms you might not be familiar with. In a way it reminds me of how Princess Luna speaks so if you have any questions or don't get what they're saying, please let me know."

Rick's fears however were unwarranted as Twilight, possibly due to her knowledge of old Equestrian and time spent with Princess Luna, was more than able to follow the story. She sniffled a bit near the end when the lovers died but smiled none the less and proclaimed it to be a wonderful movie.

"Did this Shakespeare make other movies?"

"Actually no, " Rick said and Twilight's face fell at hearing this, "but that's only because he died some 400 years ago and movies have only been around for maybe 100 years. His plays however have survived and have been made into movies numerous times. Currently I would say I've got about half a dozen adaptations, not to mention the complete works in book format."

Twilight's eyes lit up when she heard they came in book form as well. Rick went over to his bookshelf and pulled out a medium sized tome before handing it to her and heading over to his DVD shelf before searching for movies. "That there is the first of three volumes of Shakespeare's complete works. I'll admit some of the plays are better than others and I definitely have my favourites but they're mostly in the second volume. You don't have to read them in order as there's no real continuity in his work, " he said as he scanned the shelves and pulled the movies down one by one.

"And if you're interested in seeing more adaptations, these are the movies I've got, " he said before handing her the DVDs. "Needless to say the DVDs also happen to be some of my favourites of his plays and one romantic comedy drama based on his life."

"Which one is your favourite?" Twilight asked eagerly.

"Based solely on the plays, I'd have to say 'Hamlet'. I'll be the first to agree that it's very much a cliché to say that but I'm being honest in that it is my favourite of all his plays. And the movie versions are good, I've got two versions actually. One is a little closer to the source and the other has been modernised but it's more popular. But if you were to talk about the movies, that would have to be 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'. Again, this is a more modern retelling of the story and I absolutely love the characters including Kevin Kline's portrayal of Bottom. That's him right there on the cover, " Rick said pointing to the picture of Kevin Kline. "Too often, he's portrayed simply as a fool or as the butt of a joke but Kevin gives him such depth and soul that you see him as an incurable romantic and one that maybe has a little too much poetry and not enough sense in his head."

"So he's a little like you?" Twilight teased.

"Hey, I'll let you know that I have equal amounts of poetry and sense in my head, " he answered with a smile and just a hint self-deprecation to show he wasn't being completely serious. He leaned in for a kiss and she met him halfway.

After pulling back, he glanced at the time and saw it was getting late. "You tired babe?"

"Not really, I just want to spend some time with you."

"Anything in particular?" Rick said suggestively.

"Definitely, but we can do that later. No, I just want to spend some time and talk, hold you, you hold me..., " she trailed off and smiled adorably. This was something that they both enjoyed, just talking about everything and nothing at the same time. The conversation didn't really matter as it was just something to do while they looked into each other's eyes and held each other close. It was intimate without necessarily getting sexual although quite often the topic of conversation turned sexual which is why in turn they usually did this in bed just in case.

"Well then milady, please let us adjourn anon to yon bedchamber and partake of the verbal intercourse, " Rick said while attempting a posh accent.

Twilight just giggled and trotted off to the bedroom before jumping into bed and getting under the covers while she watched Rick undress before slipping in with her. They snuggled up close to each other, relishing the feel that there was nothing between them and Twilight started talking about her day. Rick gently ran his fingers through her mane as she spoke, smiling at her descriptions and giggling at some of the things that happened. When he spoke, she would gently run her hooves over his cheek or down his side. She'd also giggle at things that he said and since he loved to hear her laugh he tried to do it as often as he could.

It wasn't long this time before the stroking became more urgent and blatant and the talking turned to subjects of a more carnal nature. They proceeded as they saw fit and since it was late, fell asleep rather quickly when it was all done.

Finally, it was the day before Hearts and Hooves day and Twilight advised him they were going out for dinner so not to prepare anything and to meet her in the library at 5pm sharp.

Rick showed up on time, dressed a little better than he normally did as he wasn't sure what was happening tonight so he wanted his bases covered. He needn't have worried as Twilight trotted downstairs, carrying her saddlebags as well as his small overnight bag. "Are you ready?" she asked.

"Yeah, so I'm guessing we're going somewhere?"

"Oh yes! Now come on, we can't leave our carriage waiting. She opened the door, and there waiting was a rather posh looking carriage being drawn by 6 large pegasi. The stallion that Twilight had been talking to last week, now dressed as a butler, was there to invite them inside and Rick got a huge surprise. While the carriage looked about average but impressive from the outside, it was somehow even larger and more luxurious on the inside.

Images of the Tardis flashed through Rick's mind as he struggled to come to terms with how such a thing could happen. Twilight just smiled as she watched her coltfriend look about in amazement at what he saw. The butler rang a bell and with a slight lurch the carriage lifted off the ground, being pulled by the pegasi as they rose into the air.

"This is incredible!" Rick stated, his voice full of wonder. "I'm guessing magic is involved, like a... I don't know... room of holding spell or maybe a pocket dimension or something. This is awesome!" he said as he wandered around the interior of the carriage.

Twilight giggled as she watched him. He looked like a little foal, seeing something wondrous for the first time in his life. His eyes were full of wonder and he couldn't help but smile at what he saw around him. But it was time to get things started. She looked at the butler and said, "we can start now."

"Very good mistress, " the butler said. He clapped his hooves together and from the front of the carriage came a unicorn carrying a tray of fancy hors d'oeuvres and a bottle of sparkling wine. He arranged the platter on the small table, placed the ice bucket for the wine down, popped the cork and poured two glasses. "If there's anything else you need mistress, please ring the bell. Good evening, " and he followed the unicorn to the cabin in the front of the carriage.

"Twi... how did you arrange this? And why? My god this must have cost you a lot of money, " Rick said as he took the glass offered him. They clinked their glasses and took a sip. "Very nice, " Rick said. "Now how’s about you tell me what's going on?"

"Rick, it's our first Heart's and Hooves Day together and after what you did for me on your Valentine's day I wanted to do something special for you. So, I hired a flying coach to take us to Manehattan where we'll spend tonight and tomorrow. Then we'll see a show on Broadneigh and have a romantic dinner at the 'Cafe on the River'. Then a quiet walk next to the sea along the Boardtrot and finally back to our room where I will ravish you and if there's time after we'll sleep, " she said with a smile.

He leaned in and kissed her, "thank you babe sounds like a party. This is an incredible gift but I'm thinking you may have spent too much money on this.

"Nonsense. I managed to get us a great deal on everything, and maybe I spent a little more than I should have but it's Hearts & Hooves and you're worth it."

"Well, in that case I suggest we have some more wine and some of these delicious looking appetizers."

They ate, drank, talked, snuggled and easily finished off the bottle so they were slightly tipsy and just a little amorous. What started as a gentle kiss turned into a full on make-out session. Both were breathing heavily, desire and lust the only things on their minds but Rick was trying to hold back. He wasn't comfortable doing this here, especially when the butler or one of the waiters could just walk in at any time. Twilight nodded her head at the curtains at the back of the coach, magically opening them to reveal a sleeping area large enough for the two of them.

"Dammit Twilight, I love you!" Rick said giving her a smack on the rear which made her whinny in pleasure.

"Oh, I'm going to get you for that one!" Twilight said with a wicked smile.

Rick ran towards the bed, Twilight launched herself at him, he caught her in his arms but her momentum forced him back onto the bed. They rolled around, play wrestling for a while before he pinned her to the bed, his lips practically touching hers. "I win, " he said with a smile.

"I think we both won because we're right where I wanted to be, " Twilight said reaching for his lips. With a soft lavender glow the curtains closed and they proceeded as nature intended.

The two were dozing when an insistent clearing of the throat made itself known outside the curtained off area.

"Y-yes?" Twilight asked, a little surprised by this intrusion.

"Just a word mistress and sir, the carriage will be landing in Manehatten soon. I suggest you tidy yourselves up so you can be ready once we land, " the butler said from the other side of the curtain. They heard him move away from the curtain then close the door in the front of the cabin behind him.

Rick stood up and stretched before reaching for his clothes. He noticed Twilight staring at him, her eyes filled with lust and appreciation. "Like what you see?" he asked.

"Mmmm hmmmm, " Twilight murmured with a lecherous smile.

He posed a few times for effect until she started giggling at his actions and she finally threw a pillow at him. "Get dressed before they kick us out here or else you're walking to the hotel like that."

"Yes dear, " he said with a smile and pulled his clothes on. Twilight trotted over to the mirror and carefully brushed her mane to get it back in place.

Check in at the hotel went smoothly. The front desk clerk, being a sophisticated Manehattenite, didn't bat an eye when he saw that Twilight and Rick were sharing a room under the "Hearts and Hooves" special the hotel was running. This was after all a high class joint and they catered to a discerning clientele. It would simply be unseemly to act surprised or shocked by one of the Elements of Harmony sharing a room with the mysterious human whose exploits in Equestria were just beginning to be known outside of Ponyville and Canterlot. No, he would do what all of them did, get drunk later on and gossip like hell to all his friends.

The room was nice, a little on the fancy side but Twilight paid for a little bit of luxury and the oversized bed that easily could sleep 3 ponies.

"So, what's the first thing we do?"

"The first thing we do is have dinner, and it should be here any time now, " Twilight said. As if hearing her, there was a knock on the door and the room service waiter brought in a cart with a couple of domed silver platters. He set up the small table with all the accessories and placed the platters on the table before removing the lids and stowing them under the cart.

"Please leave this outside the door when you're finished, " the room service waiter said. Twilight tipped him a couple bits, he smiled politely and left.

"Quite the elegant setup for such a simple meal, " Rick joked. It wasn't that the food didn't look good but grilled fish with steamed asparagus and roasted potatoes didn't exactly deserve the fancy treatment with the silver platters and everything.

Twilight shrugged and just said, "I wanted a quiet dinner tonight, just the two of us and didn't know that it would be set up this elaborately."

"Well don't think I'm complaining because I'm not. This is very thoughtful not to mention intimate, " Rick said as they sat down and started on their meals. After a couple bites Rick said, "I need to find out how they prepared this fish, it's incredible, it just melts in your mouth."

"I'm sure if you ask nicely you can find out, " Twilight said with a smile.

Once they were done, the empty plates were placed back on the cart and it was placed outside the door for the room service ponies to pick up later. "So what's on the list of things to do now?"

"Honestly, for tonight after dinner there was no plan."

"Are you kidding me? Little miss checklist for everything didn't have a plan for tonight?"

"I wanted to try to be a little more spontaneous like you. I thought you'd like it, " Twilight said a little hurt.

"C'mere, " Rick said opening his arms and beckoning her to come. She approached a little uncertainly but his warm smile and implied promise of a warm hug in those wonderful arms of his was enough to sway her. As she hoped, Rick wrapped her in his loving embrace. He stroked her mane, just like she liked it and placed a reassuring kiss on top of her head before speaking. "It's not a question of liking it or not liking what you're doing for me this weekend. I like what you've done for me so far, I appreciate the hell out of it and I'm so incredibly thankful that my fillyfriend wants me to have a great weekend with her. But if you want to try being spontaneous, I would rather you do it for yourself because you want to see what it's like and not because you think it's what I want. If you want to try something new, it should be because it's what you want to do. Now if it's because you want a little chaos in your life instead of rigid order, then I'm your man. But I'd be just as happy if you kept your ordered, disciplined and regimented way if that is what makes you happy. And when you're happy, I'm happy. And if there's something that I do, or say or whatever that makes you happy then all the better for it. Now, what do you feel like doing tonight?"

"I'd like to see Time's Square. I've heard so much about it and since we're here it would be a shame to miss it, " Twilight said with a smile.

"Then Times Square it is, " said Rick not hearing the difference between "Times" and "Time's".

Twilight reached up for a kiss, Rick returned it happily and they left to visit the world famous Time's Square in Manehattan. Rick was expecting a ponified version of the Times Square back home with maybe some magical neon type signs but when they got there it really wasn't what he expected.

"Clocks?" he said looking around. But yes, that's all it was. For some strange reason Time's Square was the centre of the clock making industry in Manehattan and it was dominated in the centre of the square by the largest clock he had ever seen.

"Isn't it great?" Twilight said excitedly. This is literally where time in Equestria is set. Every clock here is set to exactly the same time as the big master clock there, " she said pointing to the huge clock in the square. "And then every other clock in Equestria is set according to these clocks! Ponies from all over Equestria get their time from here!"

"Okay, that is pretty cool. We've got... something similar back home. Not quite the same thing but the idea is the same."

"Of course, everypony needs a central location so we all know what time we set our clocks to, " Twilight said with pride. They wandered around the area, looking into the windows of various clockmakers and clock repair shops. Strangely enough to Rick there was actually a fair amount of ponies here so obviously Times Square, or Time's Square as the case may be, is popular in both their universes.

As they were walking, Rick caught a movement out of the corner of his eye and for a moment was convinced he had seen Derpy the mailmare and Time Turner a.k.a. Doctor Whooves duck into an alleyway. But when they passed it, it was empty. "I could have sworn I saw them duck in here, " as he looked into the dead end alley.

"Sorry, what are you looking for?" Twilight asked.

"Oh nothing. I guess my eyes were just playing tricks on me. So, where to next?"

"Do you mind if we go back to the hotel? It's been a long day for me and I'd like to go to sleep soon."

"Not a problem Twilight, anything you want."

They made their way back to the room. Got ready for bed and were too tired to do anything other than cuddle a little before Twilight fell asleep in Rick's arms and he followed her shortly after.

The next morning, Rick awoke to find Twilight pouring over a map and marking down places on a scroll. "Morning you, looking for landmarks?"

"Oh! I didn't wake you did I?" Twilight asked a little unsurely.

"Nonono, I'm okay. You been up long?"

"About an hour or so, I was so excited I couldn't sleep any more. Happy Hearts and Hooves Day!" she said as she trotted over to Rick, jumped into bed and gave him a sensual good morning kiss.

"That's a very nice way to wake up, " he yawned once they separated. "Sorry about that, it had nothing to do with the kiss. So, how about a cup of coffee, I'll take a shower and then we head out for breakfast. Deal?"

"Deal!"

These rooms had equipped an alcohol burner and teapot for the express purpose of making tea which any sophisticated Manehattenite took seriously. Neither Rick nor Twilight really cared for this but it was perfect for boiling the water to use in his French press. One cup of coffee later and the world started to come back into focus for Rick.

"Okay, time for a shower. Would you care to join me, " he said with an exaggerated waggle of his eyebrows.

Twilight giggled for a moment and was sorely tempted to do so but instead declined saying, "you should conserve your strength. I've got plans for you tonight."

"Oh please, I'm a long way off from even being 30 and I might not be 16 anymore that doesn't mean I'm only good for one shot a day. Besides, it's Hearts and Hooves day, what better way to start it off than with hot, sweaty sex in the shower?"

"A tempting offer, " Twilight said trying to steer her thoughts to more mundane subjects while trying not to look at his body that was only wearing his boxers at the moment. She had a schedule to keep and sex with her coltfriend in the shower was not part of it. "But I'm going to pass. We have a lot to see today."

"You're sure there's nothing I can say or do to convince you otherwise?" he said, noticing the slow blush colouring her cheeks or how her tail was starting to swish back and forth.

"Positive, " she said very proud of her ability to keep her more base desires in check when need be.

"Okay, but don't forget I did offer, " he walked over and looked like he was going to give her a small peck on the lips but in the middle of it he grabbed the back of her head and it became a lot more passionate. As they kissed his mouth opened and hers followed suit, his tongue invaded her mouth and slid around hers before she finally succumbed to it and followed suit. And just as quickly as it started, it ended.

Rick stood up and walked away, Twilight had to blink a few times before she realised he had divested himself of his boxers while they kissed and she now had a glorious view of his butt as he walked slowly and deliberately towards the washroom. When he got to the door, he turned halfway so he was partially on display, threw her a wink and blew her a kiss before walking in and starting up the shower.

As he stood there under the running water, he heard the shower curtain move and Twilight in her human form get in the shower with him.

"Well this is an unexpected surprise. I was thinking you'd still be a pony, " he said his arms going about her waist, pulling her towards him and kissing her neck and shoulder.

"I thought the shower was too small for a pony and a human, I take up less space this way, " she breathed before letting herself be swept away.

The rest of the day was spent doing the typical touristy things that ponies do in Manehattan but with a Twilight flair. That meant a lot of museums, trips to Central Park where she happily examined the local flora and fauna and a visit to numerous historical buildings all of which were educational but considering they were in Manehatten Rick was hoping for something a little more fun. However, Twilight was enjoying herself so much with all this it just made the whole experience that much better.

Dinner was at the famous "Cafe on the River" and it was decked out in Hearts and Hooves decorations, the lighting was soft and understated and there was a live band playing romantic music. Their table was ready and there were a few murmurs from the ponies as Rick passed by, but nopony was rude about it or stared longer than was necessary.

Shortly after sitting down, the waiter came by with a bottle of wine and a small plate of escargot stuffed mushroom caps for each of them. Rick was about to say that they didn't order this but Twilight quickly said that their meal had been planned ahead. This was followed by a wild mushroom soup and finally the main course was a half-lobster served with a kind of rice pilaf and steamed veggies.

"This was a very good choice Twi, " Rick said once they had finished. But the meal wasn't over. The dessert was some deliciously creamy ice cream served with some warm, spiced fruit and a splash of brandy. It only came with one spoon so the implication was clear, this was meant to be shared.

They alternated with Rick feeding a spoonful of it to Twilight before taking a spoonful of it himself. It was terribly intimate and romantic and over much too soon. Before they were done, Rick leaned in for a kiss and gave Twilight a short lick by the side of her mouth as well. "You still had a little ice cream by the corner of your mouth. It was a shame to let it go to waste."

"Thank you, " Twilight said as she also leaned in and did the same thing.

"Thanks for getting me as well, " Rick said with a smile.

"Oh no, you didn't have any there. I just felt like kissing you, " Twilight responded and stuck out her tongue slightly before dissolving into giggles.

They paid their bill and hurried over to the theatre where they got to their seats moments before the house lights came down and the play started.

The Broadneigh play of "Dragons" was interesting, dealing as it was with a group of alley dragons who sang about life in the big city and something about getting their wings so they could fly away. At the end, the oldest dragon helped one of them get their wings and he flew away to symbolically start his new life. All in all, Rick preferred "Cats" but this was close enough in both tone and story.

Twilight trotted out of the theatre with a smile on her face and humming the main theme. "Wasn't that just great? I've never been in an Broadneigh audience before!"

"Yeah it was really nice, and one of these days we'll have to go to New York and see a Broadway play. See if the feeling is the same."

They walked down the street towards the river where the Boardtrot was. It was quiet even with all the other couples walking along, lost in the views or more often than not lost in their special somepony's eyes. Rick was surprised to see a few interspecies couples including a griffon and dragon. But he was more interested in the pony trotting along next to him. He reached down and gently ran his fingers through her mane. She rubbed up affectionately next to him. They walked along in silence, no words needed to be said right now so they communicated through touch. After a good twenty minutes of walking they wound up on a bench by the side of the river and decided to just sit, watch the water, the boats and the couples go by.

Rick had his arm around her shoulders, she was leaning in next to him with her head resting on his shoulder. He in turn rested his head against hers. It was a slightly odd way of sitting but they found it cozy. Twilight closed her eyes and sighed happily.

"I know that sound. That's the sound a pony makes when she's truly happy. I remember you making that sound when we went stargazing which led to our very first night together, " Rick said before placing a kiss on the top of her head.

Twilight squirmed happily, not only because of the kiss, but because Rick had remembered their first time.

"I'd like to thank you for a wonderful two days." Rick turned his head slightly so he could look her in the eyes. "I'm... truly touched by what you did and what you went through in order for us to have the perfect Hearts and Hooves day, " he reached out and cupped her cheek before leaning in and kissing her softly, but passionately. He pulled back, still looking into her eyes and smiled at the love reflected back at him from those large, violet coloured orbs. "I love you Twilight Sparkle, more than I ever would have thought possible. You are my special somepony for now and forever."

They came together for another kiss, this one mirroring how they felt and it quickly escalated from there. Rick had a burning need for his mare right now and Twilight was barely keeping control of herself. Breathing hard, they pulled apart but didn't want to stop. The hotel was only a few minutes away and they made it back to their room in no time flat.

Placing the "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door, Rick practically ripped his clothes off in his haste to get to the action. It didn't help that Twilight, also eager to start, was trying her best to remove his clothes as well so they frequently got in each other’s way.

Finally free of their clothes they came together, flesh to flesh, kissing passionately. Rick's hand travelled down her nicely sculpted flank to reach under her tail and feel Twilight was just dripping with arousal. She grunted slightly and bore down on his hand, trying to extract as much pleasure out of it that she could. He tickled her outer lips and she moaned her desire into his mouth. But when she reached for his cock, he gently pushed her hoof away and pulled back.

"None of that yet, " he said. Twilight looked a little confused and gave a slight mew of disappointment when he removed his hand from between her legs. "Babe, you've done everything for me in the past two days so tonight that means that it's my turn to do something for you." Rick gently lay her down on the bed and pulled her closer to the edge so her hind legs were hanging off the bed. He leaned down and kissed her one more time before standing up to just look at her, gloriously available and ready on the bed.

"You are so cute, you know that?" Rick said as Twilight lay spread out on the bed. She blushed adorably, bringing one hoof shyly to her mouth. Keeping his eyes on her, he kneeled down, licked his fingers, tasting her juices on them and then brought his hand to her marehood before gently running it across her lips. The look on her face was priceless as she closed her eyes, threw her head back and let out a deep sigh. Slowly, gently, he continued his manual exploration while he judged his work by her reactions.

He dipped one finger into her and gently massaged it around getting it all nice and lubricated before bringing it back out and running it around her clit. She trembled at the touch, biting her lip to keep from moaning out loud. "Babe, " he called out to her. She looked at him with a faraway expression. "Don't hold back. I want to hear you enjoying yourself. Don't worry about anypony hearing us, it's Hearts and Hooves day. I'm sure there are plenty of ponies here doing the same thing we are."

This time he dipped two fingers into her, moving them gently in and out causing her to rock her hips in response before bringing them out and slowly rubbing her clit. She cried out sharply when he did this but then settled into a sound halfway between a coo and a moan. "That's my girl, " he said with a smile.

His fingers once again slipped into her hot, moist depths, she arched her back in response. Twiddling them around a bit brought a squeak to her lips before settling down to a gentle hum. Her eyes were closed, she was getting lost in the feelings and sensations that her coltfriend was giving her. When his fingers again pulled out and massaged her clit she knew what to expect and didn't shout out but couldn't stop herself from shaking a bit and a giving a long guttural moan.

Rick felt it was about time to stop teasing her and seriously get down to business. Two fingers thrust into her marehood and pumped away while he tickled her clit using his other hand. Twilight gave a series of cries as she neared her orgasm. Her vocalisations grew more and more frantic as she got nearer and nearer. Rick was working her pussy as hard and as fast as he could trying to get her off before his arms or hands cramped up and then with a mighty shout Twilight came.

Her body trembled and Rick felt her inner walls spasm and flex around his fingers, trying to pull him in deeper. He continued to gently play with her until she begged him to stop. Rick gladly obliged and leaned over to kiss her and brush her sweaty mane from her face.

"How was that?" he asked.

"Mmmmmm, " she stretched and shuddered slightly before kissing him back. "That was nice. Thank you, " she smiled and caressed his face with her hoof. She glanced down to see his painfully hard dick was practically throbbing, not to mention oozing pre-cum. "Oh, do you need some relief?" she said gently grasping it and giving it a small tug.

Rick grunted at her touch. "I'm on a bit of a hair trigger right now after all that, " he breathed. "It's not going to take a lot to get me off so unless you want me making a mess all over you, I suggest you stop that."

"Then why not come up here and see what I can do about it?" Twilight said while opening her mouth and waggling her tongue a bit. Rick needed no better invitation for this. She had him lie down on the bed, then lay between his legs so her head was right above his erect member. Grasping it at the bottom with her hooves she stuck out her tongue and slowly licked it, starting from the base until she got to the top. Swirling her tongue a bit around the head, she continued to lick down the other side.

Twilight gave the head a light kiss, before placing sloppy kisses all over it. The combination of her warm lips, spit and tongue were driving Rick crazy but they weren't enough to send him over the edge. He resisted the urge to guide her mouth directly to his cock so she could take it in her mouth. Stroking it lightly in her hooves she teased, "does this feel good big guy? Do you want me to suck your cock and come in my mouth? Have me swallow every last drop? Is that what you want?"

"Fuck yes and you want it as much as I do. Don't try to deny it, " Rick growled.

"So what will you do for me?' she said giving it a lick that made Rick grit his teeth and tense up.

"I will lick your plot until you cum then I will rut you like an animal until you can't take it and then rut you some more!"

Twilight shivered at the thought of this. "I think that can be arranged, " she whispered huskily before slowly lowering her head over his member and finally taking him in her mouth. Rick sighed and then moaned slightly as Twilight bobbed her head up and down. In some ways she enjoyed this more than when he was inside her as it gave her almost total control over the whole thing. That's not to say she didn't enjoy it when they made love but there was just something... more intimate about this that regular bucking couldn't match.

Rick started to grunt a couple times and she felt him tense up so she got ready and it wasn't long before he cried out, "I'm coming!" and he shot off in her mouth. She swallowed several times before using her tongue and lips to squeeze out the last few drops. Twilight gave a small filly like burp and giggled saying, "you taste like the lobster we had for dinner."

"Good to know, " Rick said as she crawled up his body until she was lying on top of him, her face just inches from his own. His arms went about her and she kissed him. This was his least favourite part of when she blew him but then she never minded much when he'd kiss her after licking her plot so he felt it was a small price to pay.

"I know a way you can get that taste out of your mouth, " she said wickedly.

"Okay, a deal is a deal."

Twilight practically spun around until she was facing the other way and he was face to nethers with her. He grasped her by the tail and pulled her a little bit closer so he could reach her marehood then planted a big kiss right on it. Twilight squirmed happily at the contact. Bringing his hands up he gently parted Twilight’s folds and gave her slit a nice, slow lick.

Twilight gave a shudder and a soft moan escaped her lips. Rick continued to lick up and down before driving his tongue in as deep as he could. He swirled it around a bit before pulling back, licking around her lips and giving her clit a little swipe.

She jumped slightly at the contact, then just sighed and rested her head on his leg. He continued his slow ministrations of her marehood, taking his time and letting her pleasure build slowly because he knew that when her orgasm built slowly, she'd cum really hard.

Still licking, with the occasional trip to her clit to keep her stimulated Rick slowly let her arousal grow. Her constant moans and mews were music to his ears. Slowly, her hips started to rock, pressing herself down onto his tongue and smearing her juices all over his face. He grabbed her tail, holding her firm which only caused her to cry out more.

"Oh, sweet Celestia! Please don't stop! Oooohhhh! In Celestia's name... I love you... ooohhhh yes... just like that!" Twilight gasped as her coltfriend continued to bring her closer and closer to what she knew was going to be a mind blowing orgasm. He was so gentle, so thoughtful but so forceful at the same time. They had learned a lot about each other in the time they had been together, not the least of which was how to properly pleasure the other one. Rick almost had this down to a science, based partially on what she liked but also on her reactions to what he did.

Feeling it was about time, Rick grasped hold of her hips with both hands, brought his lips directly to her clit and forcefully tongued it. That was all she needed and she climaxed like a roman candle. Her entire body shaking with the force of it as yelp after yelp escaped her lips. Rick was rewarded with a mouthful of her juice which he swallowed eagerly and he continued to gently lick at her lips trying to extend this as much as he could. Shaking slightly as the aftershocks coursed through her system, she lay there breathing heavily.

She slipped off of Rick and half pulled herself around while being helped by her coltfriend. Through heavy lidded eyes she looked at him and smiled. He smiled back, and brushed some of her mane from her face. They kissed, she tasted herself on his lips, she ran her hoof over his face and he gently played with one of her ears.

"Do you love me Twilight?" Rick asked with a smirk.

"Mmmm hmmmm, " she responded with a dreamy smile.

"Are you ready for round two?" he asked.

She looked at him a little uncertainly but when he took her hoof and placed it on his dick which had come back to life after eating her out, she gave it a bit of a tug, smiled, kissed him and said, "ready whenever you are."

Making sure she was comfortable, Rick got on top and positioned himself over her slit. With one hand he brought himself to her entrance and slowly worked the head over her lips to get himself lubricated. Finally, with a firm push he entered her all the way until he bottomed out and they were joined. Twilight sighed, he was the perfect fit. Not too big so that it hurt, not too small so that she couldn't feel it. They kissed passionately while he just lay there inside of her, both of them getting used to the sensation. But soon he had no choice as their desire grew and he started rocking his hips in a slight circular motion. Twilight closed her eyes and gasped as he did this, she loved it when he started slow before he really started getting going. She just felt filled up with his love. At no point did she ever feel he was only doing this for himself. No, his goal was her pleasure as much as his own which was so unlike the stallions she had been with before. She'd barely get warmed up before they were done. But this one, always ensured that she had climaxed at least once before he allowed himself to.

Twilight drew him down for another kiss, then kissed her way along his jawline to his neck and then to that part where his neck met his shoulder. She continued to kiss and nuzzle him there, occasionally running her tongue over it. She had no idea what that part was called and neither did Rick but she loved kissing him there and he didn't seem to mind either.

"Fast or slow?" Rick whispered. Twilight smiled at this, he always got so quiet when they made love and barely spoke above a whisper or the occasional growl. He was vocal, he just wasn't loud about it.

"Anyway you want, " she whispered back, right now just savouring the delicious feeling of him sliding in and out of her.

"Let's try to make it last then, " and with those words Rick continued his slow pace which was broken up with the occasional kiss, lick or nip to the lips, throat or shoulder.

This was always a nice and intimate way to do it because except for the occasional flash which caused his or her eyes to close, they were constantly looking at each other. He loved the look on her face and the occasional slow blush that spread across her cheeks when he smiled wickedly and she adored the fact that his complete attention was on her.

Occasionally, he'd return to his circular hip motion which meant his coarse pubic hair would grind around her clitoris sending silvery sparks shooting though her system. At one point she tensed up as if feeling she was going to suddenly climax but Rick pulled back at the last moment leaving her teetering on the edge. She looked at him blankly, her mind partially clouded by the near orgasm. He just chuckled at that and said, "not yet babe, just a little while longer."

"Ooohhhhh, you're a wicked, wicked man. Just don't stop whatever you do, " she moaned as her arousal mounted.

After a few more moments of this, he stopped and shifted position pulling her on top. She smiled knowing how much she loved this position and knowing also how much he loved it too. It was a little awkward, but they managed to do it without him falling out of her. Shifting her hips slightly to get more comfortable, she rested her front hooves on his chest and started to rise and fall, pushing him as deeply into her as possible.

Rick's hands immediately went to her rump, first tracing his fingers around her cutie marks which gave her a little thrill. Nopony had ever done that to her and it was surprising considering how good it felt. However it wasn't long before his hands grabbed a hold of her butt and squeezed the flesh back there. She did have a nice backside and Rick complimented her on it often. She knew what was coming next and prepared for it as much as she could.

With a firm slap, he gave her backside a spank which caused her to whinny in pleasure. The other hand gave another slap to the other cheek, causing her to whinny again. "Do it again, " she whispered, her eyes closed. Once again a slap to one cheek and a slap to the opposite. Each one caused a thrill to run through her body, intensifying the sensations of her lover's penis currently sliding in and out of her.

Twilight started to writhe about on top of him and he knew from the way she was reacting that this time there was no holding her back. "Give it to me hard, " she moaned. "I need you to rut me hard." She scrambled off of him and got in position, her hind legs on the floor and her front resting on the bed. "Hurry, please!"

Rick wasted no time in getting behind her, before sliding in, grabbing hold of her tail and just pounding away. Twilight cried out at this new assault and started crying out, "yes! Yes! Oh buck me harder! Oh Celestia! Almost there... yes... yessss... " and she screamed into the mattress as her third orgasm exploded within her. She felt the distant sensation of warmth shooting into her and she knew that Rick had finally climaxed as well but it paled in comparison to the sense shattering sensation of her third orgasm of the night. She felt euphoric, not just because of the orgasm but because it was her loving coltfriend that had given this to her. Slowly she came down, feeling her legs trembling with the strain of holding herself up.

He slipped out of her, took her in his arms and kissed her gently. They managed to make it back onto the bed where they cuddled in that warm fuzzy moment post-coitus.

"Happy Hearts and Hooves Day, " she whispered before kissing him back.

"Happy Hearts and Hooves Day indeed, " Rick responded, squeezing her tightly in his embrace.

"You lied to me you know, " Twilight said matter of factly.

"Excuse me? What do you mean?"

"You said you'd rut me until I came and then rut me some more. Seems to be you still owe me a rutting, " she said with a twinkle in her eye.

"Sorry your honour. But I distinctly remember saying I'd rut you like an animal until you couldn't take it and then rut you some more. That does not mean the same thing, " Rick responded with a smirk.

"Okay, I'll let it slide this time, but next time you won't be so lucky, " she said tapping him gently on the chest with one of her hooves.

"So long as there is a next time, I think I can handle that, " he drew her close and kissed her long and hard. "I love you Twilight Sparkle."

"I love you too, " she said dreamily before laying her head down on the pillow and letting sleep and exhaustion take her away.