• Published 3rd Feb 2023
  • 290 Views, 4 Comments

The Ben Cownie Series - SagwaandThomas



A series about Ben Cownie and his friends from various TV shows.

  • ...
 4
 290

Henry and the Rain (Rewritten version of The Sad Story of Henry)

One morning, an engine named Henry was in the sheds when Sir Topham Hatt, the man in charge of all the engines on the Island of Sodor, arrived.

"I want you to pick up some passengers and take them to the station at the end of the line." he said.

"Yes sir." said Henry.

Henry arrived at the big station, and buffered up to the coaches shunted at the platform. The conductor blew his whistle, and their journey began.

On the way, it began to rain. Henry was proud of his green paint, but was cross and thought the rain might spoil it. He went into a tunnel and stopped.

Henry's crew argued with him, but he won't move.

"The rain will spoil my lovely green paint with red stripes." he said.

The conductor tried to blow his whistle til he had no more breath, and waved his flag til his arms ached. But Henry still stayed in the tunnel and blew steam at him.

"I'm not going to spoil my lovely green paint with red stripes for you!"

Then Sir Topham Hatt arrived. He had heard the news. "Henry! You can not stay in the tunnel! We're going to pull you out!"

But Henry only blew steam at him.

Everyone pulled except Sir Topham Hatt. "Because-" he said. "My doctor has forbidden me to pull."

But still Henry stayed in the tunnel. Everyone was still cross with Henry. "Why can't you come out of the tunnel?"

"It may spoil my lovely green paint with red stripes!"

"Look, Henry!" said Sir Topham Hatt crossly. "It wouldn't dare spoil your green paint with red stripes! If you do that, your everyone will be late."

Henry knew Sir Topham Hatt was right. Everyone got back onboard, and Henry started again. Sir Topham Hatt was right. The rain didn't spoil his green paint of stripes anyway.

At last they reached the station.

That night, Gordon heard about Henry's misbehavior.

"Fancy an engine complaining about the rain today! Now you learned your lesson!"

Henry thought Gordon was being silly indeed.

It turned it was Ben who wrote the rewrite.