• Published 26th Feb 2023
  • 574 Views, 19 Comments

The Longest Day - ARandomLonelyDude



Luna has been waiting for over a thousand years to return. A thousand years is a lot of time.

  • ...
4
 19
 574

Chapter 7

Luna picked up the final bag of supplies in her magic and passed it to Star who then took it to store it in the ship.

It had been a week since she had arrived in town and today was the day the train was going to come. A plan had been made in that time. It was rather simple. Hijack the train that came to collect coal, load it up with as many explosives as it could hold and send it off to Hyderabad where it would take out a fort that served as the garrison for the soldiers in the area. Luna, along with a few fighters from the town, would then destroy any remaining resistance and capture the city.

It would be difficult to pull off but Luna kept hope that it would be possible.

Right now, she was helping Star load supplies onto her ship., which they did quickly. She was free after that as it would take a few hours for the train to arrive. In the meantime, she took a walk around town. It was rather empty as most of the residents had continued to do their job of mining coal, although at a slower pace and while taking a lot lesser risk. Few people had jobs unrelated to mining and the people preferred working to occupy their time instead of sitting and doing nothing.

As she walked around, a group of children of the town joined her. There were four children in the group.

"Princess Luna! Can we come with you?" the leader of the group, a diamond dog named Gem asked her.

"Yes, you can join me for my walk, little ones. Would you like to hear one of my stories?" Luna replied with a smile.

"No, we wanted to wish you good luck on your mission!" a red pegasus said, hovering in the air close to Luna.

"EEE!" a pink batpony squeaked in agreement as she struggled to keep up with the group. Luna slowed down a bit to allow her to catch up.

"Yeah! Good luck princess!" the final child, a brown griffon said, walking alongside his favourite princess.

"Well, thank you for that, little ones." Luna thanked them with a smile. They left soon after to enjoy themselves. Luna sighed as she thought about them. The past week was perhaps the longest time they had spent without working in the coal mine.

She sighed sadly before putting on a brave face. They had suffered greatly under Celestia's rule and she was going to make sure that they were happier under her rule.

Author's Note:

srry for short chapter. there will be 2 more normal/big sized ones released later