• Published 26th Feb 2023
  • 574 Views, 19 Comments

The Longest Day - ARandomLonelyDude



Luna has been waiting for over a thousand years to return. A thousand years is a lot of time.

  • ...
4
 19
 574

Chapter 3

The scene in front of Luna felt unreal.

It should have been night and the moon's light should have been shining on the great plains. Instead she watched the sunset illuminate the rocky landscape.

The unicorn, Star Chaser, had told her that these mountains were made when the Sun Goddess, her sister, had fought and killed the spirit of Chaos here. Luna shuddered at the thought of her sister killing Discord by herself when it had taken them both to use the Elements of Harmony just to seal him in stone.

Right now, they had stopped on a small plateau as Star had to fix some problem that her ship had got after being tossed around by the explosions. Luna was still on edge as it had been an hour since they were attacked but it seemed that the coast was clear. This gave her time to think about what Star had told her in the last hour.

What she had learnt was hard to believe.

In the centuries after she was banished to the moon, the world had turned on its head. It seemed that Celestia had gone mad after sending her sister to the moon and declared a crusade against all darkness. What followed was the bloodiest war in the history of the world. Celestia had conquered the world.

And then she burnt it all till nothing was left. All the books of old were burnt or locked away, people were slaughtered for not being 'pure' enough for the new world or enslaved to work for the rest of their lives. History had been erased and rewritten to portray Celestia as the goddess who ruled everything and everyone.

It was hard to believe that she made herself into a goddess and ruled the people of the new world she had created with absolute power.

It was hard to believe that her sister, who once held the element of kindness, had done this all.

Luna did not want to think of all the other things that had yet to be told.

"Your highness, are you fine?" Star voice came from the side, shaking Luna out of her thoughts.

"Yes, I was lost in my thoughts." Luna said as she turned to face the mare. Now that there was no sand storm obstructing her vision, she could see the mare entirely. She had grey fur and light blue hair that was starting to grey, indicating her old age. She was wearing robes that coloured like the sand of the desert and had some moon patterns in red on it. Her eyes still confused Luna.

In her magical grasp was a bowl of vegetable soup with a spoon in it. It wasn't much but Luna was not bothered. She accepted it and started eating. Star sat down beside her before speaking again.

"I have fixed the engine so it shouldn't be smoking now but the hull has damage that can only be fixed in a workshop and till then we can't go at full speed." Star informed her. From her tone, Luna could tell that there was a problem.

"Is there a problem?" Luna asked.

"Well, the workshops are all in the cities."

"I see."

Luna looked over to the vessel. It was a double outrigger with a wooden hull with pieces of iron acting as armour. The outriggers had similar smaller levitation devices that the main hull had to provide stability to the vessel to make sure it didn't tip over. The entire thing was painted to be similar to the sand so that it could camouflage in the desert. Right now, the hull on the left side of the ship had a lot of cracks and parts of the armour had fallen off or had melted.

She turned back to continue eating her soup.

"You said we'll be going to Hyderabad, wouldn't it be under control of my sister?" Luna asked.

"We'll be going to one of the mining towns near it. We can find refuge there as the soldiers rarely go anywhere besides the city." Star answered. "You'll be welcomed there."

Luna finished the last of her soup and said "Well, we should be going then."

Author's Note:

but the Goddess was resentful of the people,
she was there to bring harmony,
but the people only ever fought amongst themselves,
they shunned harmony in favour of filling their blood lust


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdVZDI1GT34

Yakub ne ye sab kuch kiya. Yiakub ne is duniya ko barbad kiya.