• Published 26th Feb 2023
  • 574 Views, 19 Comments

The Longest Day - ARandomLonelyDude



Luna has been waiting for over a thousand years to return. A thousand years is a lot of time.

  • ...
4
 19
 574

Chapter 4

Luna stepped up the ladder and onto the deck of the ship. Star pulled it up with her magic while Luna made her way to a door on the side of the control room. She saw little black circles in place of windows and figured that they were the 'cameras' that connected to the screens inside to provide an image of the outside. Star had explained that she had made the changes after one too many incidents of broken glass cutting her.

She opened the door and stepped inside, the air changing from dry and hot to cool which was something that Luna liked. Star came quickly and closed the door behind her. She fished a key from he robes and put it in a keyhole on the console towards the right of the steering wheel. The console lit up and the hum of the engine filled the air after the key was turned. The ship rose up in the air to hover over the ground and soon enough, they were on their way.

Luna had taken a seat on one of the two seats in the cabin, the other being the captain's seat. She watched the landscape pass by on the screens which seemed to flicker a little bit every now and then. The silence was all around her.

'Ask her how long it will take.' Nightmare Moon voice said from within her mind in a commanding tone. Luna rolled her eyes at that but complied.

"How long will it take?" Luna asked.

"It depends on which town we come across first but it will be about two hours at most." Star answered.

In front of them, the terrain started getting uneven and inclined upwards. Star pressed a button labelled "stabiliser" which stopped the ship from rocking a lot at the cost of some speed. Luna guessed the the engines were trying to keep the ship a certain height off the ground, not any more or any less, which caused the rocking. The uphill journey also lowered their speed but it was still fast, by Luna's standards at least.

Things were going well.

Author's Note:

i prioritise getting shit out. CRINGESTAN MURDABAD!