• Published 16th Jan 2023
  • 517 Views, 29 Comments

Rise of a new kingdom - Stormy Cloud



After being exiled from his homeland. Prince Solar Flare and a band of supporters proclaim a new kingdom.

  • ...
4
 29
 517

Eruption

Sparksville

It was a nice sunny day and ponies were bustling along the promenade when all of a sudden the ground started to shake and all of Tartarus broke loose. BOOM! MT Spark, which was just of the coast, released a torrent of ash and fire as literall fireballs started to rain down upon the city of Sparksville. MT Sparks was erupting.

***
Solaris

“I THOUGHT MT SPARKS WASN’T GOING TO BLOW!” I shouted my marshmallow, white face turning slowly into a red tomato. It was safe to say that I was furious. I was in the meeting room after feeling a powerful earthquake that had shucked the island and caused several small tsunamis. I was currently berating the head of the department of weather and geology.

Stormy stammered “we thought that it wasn’t but you have to see that volcano’s are very unpredictable”

I sighed before muttering “you are useless. Right let’s activate the national emergency disaster relief administration as well as call in the home guard.”

Diploma Map, the head of the Department of Foreign Affairs then spoke up “might I make a suggestion?” When I nodded for him to keep talking he then added “We could ask for aid from Equestria.”

“Absolutely not. What part of they are enemies do you not understand?”

“But sire they are one of the most wealthiest
Countries in Equiss” he went quiet when he notice everypony else silently shaking their heads and giving him a look that said stop talking.

I decided to ignore him and forget he ever made the suggestion and pulled out a communication crystal. After saying the password I got into contact with the mayor of Sparksville “Mayor Sprite, what is the situation down there?”

“Not good your Magesty, several buildings collapsed because of the earthquake and the entire city is covered in a thick six hoof of ash with ash still continuing to rain down on us. On top of that several large fires have broken out.”

“What are you currently doing to combat the situation?”

“We have the fire department combatting the fires as well as search and rescue teams are searching through the rubble of the collapsed buildings.”

“I have mobilised the home guard as well as NEDRA is there anything else you need?”

“The pony power will be useful but we also need space to send homeless and the injured”

“Right, we’ll set up a refugee camp in nearby Firestan as well as any pony with life threatening injuries that can’t be treated here can be airlifted and brought directly here to Solaris Royal Hospital”

“But sire that is a private hospital. The medical bill will be to expensive.”

I smiled this was one thing that I like about Mayor Sprite, he truly cares about his ponies. “Don’t worry about that I will be setting up a fund that will go towards medical bills, the rebuilding of your city as well as any other expenses. We will also be sending Food and water along with medical supplies”

“Thank you your highness”

“It’s no problem now I have to keep going but make sure you keep me updated”

After the call ended,Golden Coin, the head of the Royal Treasury asked “How will we be paying for this fund”

“With donations” I said frowning at him. Secretly I disliked Golden Coin because of his snobbishness and the fact that he reminded me of the old nobles back in Equestria. In the Solar Kingdom I never invented the nobility because of the fact that many nobles were corrupt.

I noticed that Golden was going speak up again so I quickly adjourned the meeting and then walked back to my private chamber.

***

I had arrived to a seemingly innocent looking mountain. This mountain was actually hiding the headquarters of the Solar Intelligence Service along with a top secret prison for spies, terrorists, enemies of the kingdom and highly dangerous ponies. This was Black Mountain, the most feared place in the entire kingdom and Solars very own Tartarus

When we approached a certain spot a large opening appeared revealing several sentry’s in a black armour however it wasn’t the sentry’s I were interested it was the black Pegasus with the blizzard blue mane.

“You’re royal highness” he greeted but instead of bowing he saluted this was because that all soldiers, this included spies and royal agents did not have to bow but did have to salute.

“Shadow Knight” I greeted in turn while nodding my head

We then walked into a large room, which was the operation centre. Inside the large room was a bunch of desks that had magiscreens on while on the wall was a large magiscreen which was showing a map of Equestria.

I glared at the map before turning to Shadow and said “so tell me what these elements of harmony are and who controls them.”

“We’ll first of they are six magical gems that represent a different factor of harmony: kindness, honesty, generosity, laughter, loyalty and magic. Each element is represented by a pony who embodies them.”

Shadow then pressed a button which showed a picture of six different mares “the pony that represents kindness is a Pegasus mare named Fluttershy from what I have seen she is the weakest who is literally scared of anything however what she is weakest in she makes up in her ability to communicate to animals - my eyebrows rose at this in skepticism - honesty is represented by an earth pony who is strong and can make anything from apples. Her name is ironically Applejack she also has a sister, a brother, a grandmother and about a 100 different cousins. Generosity is represented by a drama queen who is good at making clothes, she also has a sister. Laughter is represented by a hyperactive pink earth pony who likes pulling parties every single day. Loyalty is represented by a tomcoltish Pegasus who’s is extremely fast, fast enough to create a sonic rainboom -I scoffed at this, ‘no pony can create a sonic rainboom not even an alicorn, trust me I tried’- that’s not what she says. Finally possibly the most dangerous magic is represented by a bookworm of a unicorn who is extremely talented in magic”

I laughed “so you’re telling me that Equestria relies on a zookeeper, a farmer, a drama queen, an over grown foal, a braggart and a librarian?”

When he said “basically yeah” I laughed even more.

“So this confirms it, Celestia truly has lost her marbles.”

“Not entirely sire, you see when these elements are combined, they create a powerful laser that can banish any creature into anything, we shouldn’t be underestimating them”

I rolled my eyes “what about their military?”

Shadow smiled “They virtually have no navy or air force apart from a flying circus and their military is mainly carried out by their royal guard which is only a thousand strong however they are severely under equipped with them still using spears while we are using magicalfied weapons”

“So militarily we out number them. What do you think our chances are if we invade them”

This made Shadows eyes go wide “Sire you can’t possibly be suggesting” however he went silent at my look and continued on “while we outnumber them in terms of pony power that pony power would dwindle in terms of it being lost as well as to garrison the land. The problem wouldn’t be attacking, the problem would be keeping hold of the land…”