• Published 4th Feb 2023
  • 393 Views, 4 Comments

My Little Pony: The Great Defenders of Friendship - specialhoof2022



Special Hoof and his friends went on a quest to save Equestria from an old villain.

  • ...
 4
 393

Chapter 7: Sunny Gardens and Stormy Valleys

Morning came as we all wake up, then we started to have breakfast. Now, the last thing we had to do, is to pack up camp and go. We rolled in our sleeping bags, disassembled our tents, and grabbed our backpack and bags.

"Another fine day for our quest." I say as inhaled and slowly exhaled. "Princess Twilight, I sure hope I can get my answers to my gifts."

"Alright everypony, we got everything packed up." said Sunny. "Now, let's keep on going on our trip."

Then, we all exited the cave and started to continue our journey. The Big View Cliffs were amazing, but now that we left them, our next destination if the Garden of Colored Blooms and Butterflies.

Finally, after walking for 6 minutes, we'd reach the Garden of Blooms and Butterflies. The garden was the most beautiful place to visit in all of Equestria, it had lots of butterflies with very lovely wings in different color, shapes, and sizes. And, lovely flowers that grown out of the ground, tall and short, and big and small. Whenever a caterpillar is ready to turn into a butterfly, it will find a perfect spot on a twig or a leaf to sleep for 7 to 10 days and spins itself a silky cocoon. Then, one day a butterfly is out to fly around on a beautiful sunny day.

We ponies began to trot in the garden to get to the other side to our next location. We all enjoy the flowers and butterflies around this meadow.

"Hey ponies!" Violet Rosey shouted to us. "Look at those flowers. They can change colors."

We all observed the flowers as they started to change colors like a chameleon. They could change into different colors bright and bold.

"Those are beautiful flowers in all colors of a rainbow." said Color Carol.

"Hey everypony," Rollette Skate called. "A butterfly is about to come out."

We all met Rollette to where she saw a cocoon about to open up. The cocoon opened up wide enough for the butterfly to come out. The butterfly's wings have all the beautiful colors of a rainbow as it was flying around. We all believe that the butterfly's flying with all the colors makes it the rarest butterfly ever. Then, we all began to sing our very own medley about having fun in the sunshine.

Meanwhile at the Castle of the Two Sisters, Cozy Glow was watching us through her own magical screen. She feared we were halfway there. So, she came with an idea of how to slow us down.

"Guards, the travelers are still approaching us." Cozy said. "Try creating a storm cloud over them, the drops will slow them down."

"Yes, my Empress." a minion replied.

Then, the lumber thugs started creating a storm cloud and sent it towards us.

Me, my friends, and the Mane 5 made it out of the Garden of Colored Blooms and Butterflies, and we had a wonderful time singing and playing around back there. Right now, we were at the Valley of Giant Drops.

"That was really fun everypony, the song back there was a lot more exciting." said Pipp. "Right now, we got to keep going to Cozy Glow."

The valley was only full of grass, and above us were lots of big dark clouds.

"I sure hope this place is amazing, too." I say.

"Don't worry." Sharpy Gem told me. "Everything will be okay."

"I wonder why this place is called the Valley of Giant Drops." Amber asked.

"We'll see." Soccer told Amber.

"Alright everypony, let's have a snack while we keep on walking." Zipp told everypony.

We all reached into our backpacks and pulled out our favorite snacks to eat.

As we were still walking through the valley and eating snacks, the storm cloud was approaching us without us noticing. I was next to Ella as I was eating.

"You know Ella, maybe we should just embrace your magic together." I told Ella. "It can make you all better soon enough."

Ella was about to eat her snack more, when a big drop of water fell out of the sky and hit her head.

"OW!" Ella exclaimed.

"Ooh. What was that?" I wondered when I saw what happened.

Then, another big water drop hit my head. As I felt that, I looked up, but couldn't see what it was.

"Hey, what... what was that?" I asked again.

Then suddenly, a few more raindrops appeared around everypony else. Cloudy saw the drops and just figured something.

"I think I know why this is called the Valley of Giant Drops." she said.

And then all of the sudden, lightning was flashing and thunder was crashing around the dark clouds; Equestria's most dangerous storm has started. I looked up and saw a lot more giant raindrops coming down towards us and the ground.

"Oh no." I say. "INCOMING!!!"

All the raindrops were bigger, they started to hurt our bodies, when they hit us. In fact, the rain began to make the whole valley flooded with water.

"Everypony, the storm's flooding the valley so fast, we need to get going, fast!" Sunny shouted.

Then, we all ran as fast as we could to get out of the storm.

We were still running in the rain, but then all of the sudden, the water's rising even more, we were forced to swim. And then, waves started to roll and push us around. Luckily, most of us packed some inflatable rafts for just such an occasion. They pulled the strings to inflate them, then we all climbed into the rafts and started paddling.

It was still raining and the valley was completely flooded. We were still paddling on rafts, but we were soaked with lots of water. Then suddenly, we were approaching a raging river and too close to avoid it, so we had no choice but to paddle down. The rapids were so rough, the water splashed all over us again. Luckily, we were able to row without falling overboard, and thanks for rafting lessons from Soccer Score, we made it to the end of the river.

The valley was still flooded, we still had to stay in our rafts until the water dries up. On the other side, the raindrops were getting smaller and smaller; the storm will be gone soon enough.

"Well everypony, that's some crazy weather we have today." Hitch said. "Luckily, we never drowned and the rain is shrinking down. But of course, the valley is still flooded, we's have to stay on these rafts until the water dries up."

While we were still floating above the water, I was wondering about the weather above us.

"You know, storms never had bigger raindrops." I say. "I believe this is what Cozy Glow was up to to stop us fro getting to her."

"I don't know, I' sure the weather was part of the valley." Cloudy told me. "After all, this is the Valley of Giant Drops."

"Cloudy, this storm never had giant drops before, literally." Sunny told her. "In fact, Special may be right, this weather may be Cozy's doing."

"She might just tried to stop us from going any further at any circumstances." Zipp said.

We all wondered the same thing, we'd better stay alert from anymore obstacles Cozy was gonna throw at us. After being rained on for 40 minutes, the storm stopped, the clouds parted, the sun came out, a rainbow revealed itself in the sky, and the flooded valley was all dried out. We got off our rafts, deflated them and placed them in our backpacks, and now, we could continue walking on hoof.

Author's Note:

The "Sunshine Medley" had your favorite sunshine songs. The part when giant raindrops hit our heroes' heads is a reference of "Hermie: a Common Caterpillar."