• Published 26th Dec 2011
  • 8,088 Views, 115 Comments

The Alicorns of Harmony - Dracoliat



When Celestia calls the Mane Six to Canterlot for an urgent meeting, what will they find out?

  • ...
12
 115
 8,088

Chapter 3: A Thousand Year old Ceremony

The Alicorns of Harmony

A Thousand Year old Ceremony
Chapter 3
By: Dracoliat

Twilight's back arched slightly as the bright sun shined through her window. As she looked into the mirror she expected to see small dark bags under her eyes before she remembered. "Oh ya, Alicorns don't need sleep." She looked briefly back at her bed, it's entire surface covered in feathers. 'Huh... maybe I moulted?' Twilight thought before she saw the large holes in the bed. Carefully she aligned her horn with the holes, exact same size. But it couldn't be right, for the holes were much bigger. Panicked as to what she was seeing, Twilight ran to her mirror and stared at herself. A long lavender mane complimented her now slimmer and bigger body. She looked like a real Alicorn now.

Twilight stood there for a few seconds before lifting up her hoof seeing the creature in the mirror do the exact same. It really was her. As she looked at her new wings in the mirror, of to the side of them she saw a clock. She turned around to check the time. She had only twenty minutes before the ceremony would begin.

After a quick once over, making sure nothing was wrong with her appearance she ran towards the door. Intending to push it open with magic instead the door flew of the hinges and landed a good thirty feet down the hall where another Alicorn was standing. Her pink flowing mane and yellow body meant it had to be Fluttershy. She jumped slightly as the door landed with a loud crash right next to her.

Immediately Twilight teleported near to her and told her she was sorry, before saying, "Shall we get going? We don't wan't to miss our ceremony do we?"

Fluttershy shook her head slightly as the two friends continued down the long hallway towards two magnificent and ornate golden doors, on them, were engraved six Alicorns side by side. As they approached the two unicorn guards took a long bow and used their magic to open the doors.

A bright light seemed to fly towards them as they entered the throne room. In there were 6 large thrones. Each one with a different design set in it, no specific shapes were set in them. But they quickly found their way to their own seats. Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash were both seated on the outermost seats, while Applejack and Pinkie Pie were seated in the next seats over. Leaving the middle most seats open to Twilight and Rarity.

A quick glance proved Twilight's hypothesis, they had all grown to look like real Alicorns over night. Her eyes met Pinkie's who sat directly on her right, they smiled at each other slightly and Twilight opened her mouth to say something before the two main doors swung open.

Twilight's gaze focused On Celestia and Luna both walking side by side up to the new thrones. Only then did Twilight notice the enormous crowd in the room. At the very front were their best friends. Behind them were some very fancy ponies, even Fancy Pants was there. But her attention was quickly brought again to Celestia and Luna. Their eyes met for the slightest second before Celestia closed her eyes and looked elsewhere. In that single second a tear was brought to Twilight's eyes.

"Today, we witness a crowning, one that has not been seen for over six thousand years. We shall crown these six new Alicorns and wish them luck, for they shall take over all responsibility for keeping order in this great land of Equestria. They are the new Alicorns of harmony." Celestia and Luna announced together in the royal Canterlot voice.

They paused for a moment as hooves struck the ground quickly in applause at the small speech. Yet even over the commotion everypony continued to look at each other until finally Celestia raised her hoof into the air, indicating that she needed silence.

She smiled as the ponies quickly became silent, their eyes fixed on her. Celestia walked slowly and deliberately over to the right most chair where Fluttershy sat. At the same time Luna walked over to the opposite side and stood by Rainbow Dash.

Luna began, "This Alicorn is Rainbow Dash, the Alicorn of Loyalty." She stopped and faced Dash, "Will you Rainbow Dash vow to always be loyal to Equestria, as long as it needs you?"

"I will," Rainbow Dash answered simply, her voice ringing out into the hall.

Celestia said next, "This Alicorn is Fluttershy, the Alicorn of Kindness." she faced Fluttershy before continuing, "Will you Fluttershy, vow to always be kind to all those who need it, and everything living thing in Equestria?"

"I will," Fluttershy said, her voice sweet like honey.

They continued like that down the line.

"This Alicorn is Applejack, the Alicorn of Honesty. Will you Applejack, vow to always be honest with equestria and all whom inhabit it?"

"I will," Applejack said, her voice strong and noble.

"This Alicorn is Pinkie Pie, the Alicorn of Laughter. Will you Pinkie Pie, vow to always keep the good nature of laughter alive in Equestria?"

"I will," Pinkie Pie replied, her voice containing happiness.

"This Alicorn is Rarity, the Alicorn of Generosity. Will you Rarity, vow to always give all you can to make the inhabitants of Equestria happy?"

"I will," Rarity said, her voice kind and happy.

"This Alicorn is Twilight Sparkle, the Alicorn of Magic. Will you Twilight Sparkle, vow to always keep the balance of magic in Equestria even, therefore allowing harmony to flourish?"

"I will," Twilight said, her voice regal and powerful beyond measure.

For a few seconds there was silence as six crown's appeared out of thin air and slowly levitated down onto their heads.

Finally breaking the silence Celestia and Luna walked to the front and gestured for everypony to rise. They faced Twilight and the others before saying, "All bow before your new Queens." Afterwards they both quickly went into a deep bow as the rest of the room did the same.

Twilight's mind couldn't comprehend it, they were all the new Queens. For a full thousand years. she smiled as she looked around and in each of her friends eyes she saw the same realization, and a spark appear in each of their eyes for the briefest moment.