• Published 24th Sep 2012
  • 4,870 Views, 222 Comments

Colts Meet Crusaders - Dusk_Shine6995

  • ...
33
 222
 4,870

Chapter 5: "What about you?"

Colts Meet Crusaders

By: Dusk_Shine6995

Chapter 5: “What about you?”


“What kind of game?” Scootaloo asked.

“Let’s call iiiiiiit... follow the leader,” Dusk said.

“Seriously Dusk?” Sweetie Belle deadpanned.

“I couldn’t think of a better name for it,” Dusk stated, plainly.

“Well how is a game of follow tha leader supposed to help us get our cutie mark?” asked Applebloom.

“Well, like I said, I couldn’t think of anything better to call it, so isn’t the same thing as the game we played as foals,” Dusk reiterated.

“Well, Ah guess that makes more sense,” said Applebloom.

“Alright... I guess I should probably explain the plan,” Dusk began, “I found something strange in the woods recently, you know the woods where we played war? Anyway, it’s pretty banged up and almost destroyed. I won’t tell you what it is but Applebloom and Rumble, you two are coming with me to see it and fix it up. Sweetie Belle, Elusive, and Scoots,” Scootaloo blushed as he used his nickname for her, “you three can chill at my house until I come and get you.”

“Sounds like a plan,” Elusive said, simply. ‘I swear to Luna if his voice gets any stranger I’m going to smack him!’ Sweetie Belle cursed in her mind.

“Alright, AB, Rumble, with me,” Dusk said in a mock military tone, making Applebloom chuckle. Dusk then whispered, with his Outcast voice, “I’ll be seeing you soon, Scoots.” Scootaloo shivered and smacked his shoulder. He laughed and began walking towards the woods.

“To Dusk’s?” Sweetie Belle asked.

“TO DUSK’S!” Elusive yelled playfully. Scootaloo got a competitive look in her eyes and a devious smirk on her face.

“Race you there!” She suddenly yelled and began galloping to Dusk’s. Elusive and Sweetie Belle took off after her.

*On the way to the woods*

“So Dusk what is this ‘strange thing’ you found,” asked Rumble.

“In all honesty the thing itself isn’t strange but where it is, is what’s strange,” Dusk answered.

“Not what I asked but alright, so what IS it?” Rumble asked, adding emphasis on the is.

“Don’t be so pushy, it’s a stage,” Dusk said.

“A stage?” asked Applebloom.

“You have to know what a stage is,” Dusk joked, earning a punch from Applebloom.

“Ah know what a stage is dummy!” Applebloom yelled. Dusk and Rumble chuckled.

“Alright well, I want to fix it up and I need help,” Dusk stated, before sheepishly adding, “but I’m terrible at building and fixing things.”

“Then why do you want to fix it up,” Rumble queried.

“Well, I think it’d be fun and we could use it for any amount of reason!” Dusk exclaimed.

“What would we need a stage fer?” Applebloom asked.

“We could practice acting, sing, dance, and all kinds of things,” Dusk announced. Applebloom still looked confused. He tapped his chin with a hoof. He then threw that hoof in the air victoriously before yelling, “Then it can be our special hang out!”

Applebloom contemplated this for a moment before agreeing, “Alrahgt,” she said.

“So how bad condition is it in Dusk?” Rumble asked.

“It’s pretty wrecked but it shouldn’t be too hard to restore,” Dusk calculated aloud.

“Then let’s get there already,” Applebloom said, her impatience getting the better of her.

“Alright then!” Dusk exclaimed in return and began galloping off. Applebloom and Rumble took a minute to catch up but finally managed to, only for Dusk to take a sudden turn to the left and into the woods. Rumble and Applebloom bound after him. He came to a sudden stop. Applebloom and Rumble collided with him and they all went tumbling down a hill. Once at the bottom of the hill Dusk stood up, smiling. Rumble got up shortly after then helped Applebloom up.

“Dusk... you’re a bucking jerk sometimes,” Rumble complained.

“I know, but you love me for it,” Dusk retorted. Rumble just shook his head.

“So, are we near the stage now er what?” Applebloom asked. Dusk just pointed left.

The stage was rather large but heavily damaged by age and mismanagement. There were splinters all over the place, one of the support beams for the overhang was literally gone there was a giant hole in the middle of it, and much much more.

“How the hay are we gonna fix this!” Applebloom yelled.

Dusk smiled before saying, “Simple, I’ll go get some supplies from Ponyville General Store, and we will get to work.”

“You make this sound like it isn’t going to be a pain,” Rumble said rubbing one of his temples.

“With Applebloom and I, it’ll be fun Rumble, trust me!” Dusk wrapped a hoof around Rumble as he spoke.

“Yeah Rumble, the biggest problem is that missing support beam, once we get that up the rest should be a breeze,” Applebloom surprisingly agreed with Dusk. Dusk was taken off guard by her agreeing and had to shake his head clear.

“Uh... yeah what she said,” Dusk brainlessly stated.

“Alright alright I see your point, lets go get the supplies then,” Rumble finally gave in.

*Meanwhile at Dusk’s*

“Woohoo I won!” Scootaloo cheered breathlessly.

“You’re lucky I tripped at Berrys Delights or I would have won,” complained Sweetie Belle.

“You’re lucky I caught you before you hit the ground, “Elusive commented slyly, causing Sweetie Belle to blush. He gave her a playful nudge which only made her blush more.

“Bleh... get a room you two,” Scootaloo scoffed.

“Funny... you do the same thing,” Elusive pointed out with a grin. Scootaloo tilted her head confused. Elusive shook his head, “You and Dusk do this sort of thing all the time, you pretended to fall yesterday, almost made out with him as we woke up that afternoon, and you’re still wearing his shirt!” Elusive grinned.

Scootaloo blushed and stuttered, “I-I-I... i-it wasn’t l-like that...” Elusive rolled his eyes, “SHUT UP!”

Elusive smirked and said, “I didn’t say anything.” The crimson on Scootaloo’s cheeks grew brighter.

“You’re mean,” Scootaloo pouted.

“No he isn’t you’re in denial,” Sweetie Belle commented.

“I am not... let’s just go inside,” Scootaloo offered.

“Alright, sounds good to me,” Elusive agreed. Sweetie Belle leaned into Elusive as they walked in. She was blushing terribly but Elusive wore a coy smirk. Scootaloo flopped onto the couch taking up the whole space. Elusive sat in the chair after he and Sweetie Belle separated. Sweetie Belle wasn’t happy with separating so soon. So she sat down on top of Elusive. He blushed and giggled.

Scootaloo gagged and complained, “Get a room!”

Elusive smirked and winked at Sweetie Belle, “Don’t tempt us Scootaloo.”

Scootaloo blushed and stood up, “Don’t even joke Elusive you’re in Dusk’s house!”

He chuckled and shrugged, “So?”

Scootaloo threw a pillow at him, “Oh my Luna shut up!” Elusive and Sweetie Belle burst into laughter.

Sweetie Belle decided to break the imaginary tension by saying, “How about we play Xbox until Dusk gets back?” Scootaloo and Elusive smirked at each other ready to destroy the other.

*back in the forest*

Dusk yelled in pain, “AH BUCK ALL!” he rubbed his hoof gently with his other hoof.

“Dusk that’s the fifth time you hit your hoof with a hammer,” Rumble pointed out, “seriously just give in and use your magic.”

“NO! I’m not ripping you guys off by using my magic while you guys don’t even have it!” Dusk argued.

Applebloom walked up and deadpanned, “Hammer.” she held out her hoof. Dusk sighed and gave it to her.

“Fiiiine,” Dusk complained. Rumble shook his head and walked to the new support beam.

“Dusk just get out of here, you’re too stubborn and now you’re getting in the way,” Rumble said. Instead of frowning and sulking like Ruble thought he would, Dusk smiled happily.

“Just as I planned have fun you two~” Dusk said in a sing song voice. He winked at the pair then got out of there before they called him on it.

Rumble shook his head again and spoke, “Dusk is a strange colt... but you gotta love him.”

Applebloom smirked and agreed, “Same with Scoot, no wonder they love each other.” They giggled together.

“Well we should get back to work,” Rumble said looking down at the beam.

“I spose so, you lift it up and get it under tha overhang and Ah’ll bolt it down at the base,” Applebloom planned out. Rumble nodded and took the top of the beam into his hooves. He flew up and pushed up on the overhang with his back then set the beam up under it. Applebloom set the braces into the crook between the stage and the beam. She bolted them down with twelve inch steel bolts. She waved at Rumble, who waved back. She tosses up braces to him. He catches them and begins to bolt them down. Once the top was bolted in he flew down to Applebloom smiling.

“Whew... that was heavier than it looked,” Rumble said extending a hoof for Applebloom to bump.

“My musclecolt,” Applebloom mock swooned and pulled on the hoof. He fell forward a little bit and Applebloom leaned in pressing their lips together. Rumble’s eyes widened while Applebloom’s closed. Rumble’s eyes closed shortly afterwards and pushed into the kiss. Applebloom broke the kiss smirking.

“Been waiting for that,” she said.

Rumble smiled and said, “I wasn’t but I’m still glad it happened.” Applebloom smiled and shoved his head.

“Let’s get back to work loverboy,” She teased. Rumble smiled and did just that.

*Back at Dusk’s*

The rain beat down on the battlefield. Bodies were covering the grass. The puddles stained red from all the blood. Only two stood, swords in hand, ready to kill. Nothing was in between them and ending this lifelong battle. Then Sweetie Belle threw a plasma grenade between them, killing them both.

“CELESTIA DAMN IT SWEETIE BELLE!” Scootaloo yelled. Elusive chuckled at the irony. “Seriously I almost had him!” Scootaloo whined. Sweetie Belle wore the most fake, innocent, look ever. She was about to attack Sweetie Belle when the door opened.

“Glad you’re all getting along,” Dusk joked. Scootaloo’s eyes lit up and she almost stood up to tackle Dusk. She then remembered that she was pleading ignorance to Elusive.

“Hey Dusk welcome back,” Scootaloo said, plainly. Dusk looked at Elusive confused. Elusive shrugged.

“Uh... thanks Scoots...” Dusk said slowly. He shook his head and spoke back up, “Anyway, Scoots I’m here for you so let’s go.” Scootaloo simply nodded and walked out the door. Dusk was heavily confused by this but followed her out. He gave a last wave to Sweetie Belle and Elusive, and closed the door. The moment he turned around Scootaloo pushed him against the door, kissing him. Dusk’s eyes widened in surprise. Scootaloo just kept kissing him. His eyes closed slowly and he pressed back into the kiss, much to Scootaloo’s delight. After a few moments Scootaloo broke the kiss smirking.

“Some things are best done behind closed doors,” she said in a sing song voice. Dusk blushed at this and got revenge by swatting her flank with his tail.

“Elusive was giving you crap wasn’t he?” Dusk asked. She nodded and he rolled his eyes. “Well let’s get going,” Dusk shouted before taking off in a gallop. Scootaloo smirked thinking it was a race. She bolted after him, quickly catching him. Dusk smirked over at her, rounded into an alley and sped up. Scootaloo kept pace and was starting to pass him. Dusk looked forward to see a cart sitting in his way.

“Nowhere to go Duskie!” Scootaloo yelled as they ran. Dusk smirked and charged at the cart faster. Scootaloo slowed down nervous Dusk was about to hurt himself. Just when it looked like he was going to hit the cart he jumped up and kept running with his hooves along the wall of the house that was next to the cart. When he landed on the other side he didn’t slow down. Scootaloo was both furious and relieved. She ran as fast as he hooves could carry her. She flapped her wings for extra speed. Scootaloo smiled wide as she was about to pass Dusk again. Then Dusk stopped turned around with his hooves open. Scootaloo didn’t have time to react and slammed into him full speed. The tumbled a few feet, kicking up some dust, and landed with Scootaloo’s head on Dusk’s chest, their tails tied.

When Scootaloo went to stand up, she fell. She punched Dusk in the ribs, “Bucking jerk you did that on purpose didn’t you!” she yelled. Dusk smiled and nuzzled her in the right spot on her cheek. Scootaloo shot into the air and punched Dusk again, as he stood up. Scootaloo yelled out, “BUUUUUUUUU... STOP NUZZLING ME THERE!” Dusk clapped a hoof over her mouth and looked around.

“Take that out of context and it sounds pretty dirty...” Dusk pointed out. Scootaloo blushed and realized he was right. She burst out into a fit of giggles Dusk joined her shortly after. They leaned on each other as they laughed. A few minutes later they stopped laughing, and Scootaloo looked around.

“So... what are we going to do?” She asked. Dusk smirked and levitated an Ipod and portable speaker. He hooked them together and turned on Scary Monsters and Nice Ponies. He grabbed Scootaloo’s hoof and spun her around.

“Let’s dance,” Dusk said smiling. Scootaloo shrugged and went with it. After a few awkward moments she started to get into it. She and Dusk held hooves and bounced about dancing fairly well. Dusk pulled her hoof and she spun into his hooves. Scootaloo was enjoying this. Something about it was just perfect. She never really danced before but now she never wanted to stop. On the final note of the song, Dusk lifted Scootaloo into the air with his forehooves, standing on his hind hooves. Scootaloo squealed in delight.

Dusk smiled wide and whispers to her, “Now Scoot, flap your wings long and slow at first then faster.” Scootaloo only subconsciously listened to him. She felt like she was flying in his hooves. Her eyes were closed and she loved this new feeling. When she opened her eyes, she saw Dusk smiling up at her on all fours. Scootaloo looked at her wings.

She was flying.

“I’M FLYING, I’M FLYING, OH MY CELESTIA I’M FLYING!” Scootaloo yelled. Dusk giggled and stared proudly at her. Scootaloo looked down at him and asked, “Weren’t you holding me up?”

Dusk smiled wider and answered, “Yes I was but when your wings started flapping, I slowly pulled away.” Scootaloo’s eyes widened, she was flying, she had somepony who cared for her. ‘This is perfect!’ Scootaloo thought. Dusk smirked and spoke, “You’re enjoying your time I take it?” Scootaloo nods faster than Rainbow Dash could fly. Dusk continued smirking and asked, “So nothing could make this moment better?”

Scootaloo shook her head and answered, “Nope!”

Dusk chuckled and said, “So a certain pair of ballet shoes with wings behind them being on your flank wouldn’t make this better?” Scootaloo gasped and looks at her flanks.

“I HAVE MY CUTIE MARK!” she screamed at the top of her lungs. She looked down at Dusk and tacklehugged him, “Thank you soooooooo much Duskie,” she beamed. Dusk smiled and hugged her back. Scootaloo looked around for a moment. They seemed to be in a secluded area. She looked into Dusk’s eyes for a moment. Dusk stared right back. She pushed into a deep kiss. Dusk pushed back into the kiss. They were locked in passion once again. They broke the kiss for a much need breath. Once Scootaloo regained her breath she dove in for another kiss. Dusk stopped her however.

“Trust me Scoots I want to... but I gotta get four more cutie marks on four more flanks,” Dusk said, smirking.

Scootaloo sighed and agreed, “Alright, fine.” She started flapping her wings, and she was once again flying. Any grief she had from not making out with Dusk was gone. “I’ll fly next to you and get used to the way I have to use my wings,” Scootaloo explained. Dusk nodded knowing she really just wanted to keep flying. They walked, flew, in silence back to Dusk’s house. Scootaloo was still mentally beaming that she was flying and had her cutie mark. Dusk was mentally beaming because he got Scoots her cutie mark.

Dusk opened the door to his house. He blushed and quickly closed the door before Scootaloo could look in.

“What’s wrong?” Scootaloo asked.

“Shit... seems we were caught...” Sweetie Belle said behind the door.

“Oh...” Scootaloo said blushing. She looked to Dusk for confirmation.

“Before you think it, no, they aren’t bucking...” Dusk said smirking.

“BUCK OFF DUSK!” Elusive yelled from inside. Dusk, Scootaloo, and Sweetie Belle burst out laughing. Dusk opened the door and walked in, followed by Scootaloo.

“OH MY CELESTIA YOU HAVE YOUR CUTIE MARK!” Sweetie Belle screamed

Scootaloo started to show off before Dusk cut in, “You two are up next... Rumble and Applebloom should be done by now,” Elusive nodded with his usual stoicness, while Sweetie Belle patted down her slightly disheveled mane. Scootaloo giggled and poked Sweetie Belle.

Sweetie Belle leaned close to Scootaloo and whispered, “We weren’t bucking but I was below him as we made out.” Scootaloo blushed and pushed Sweetie Belle away.

Dusk shook his head and spoke before something else happened, “Well let’s get going, by the way, Elusive, heres your guitar.” Dusk pulled out a guitar from seemingly nowhere.

“How did you-” Sweetie Belle almost asked until she noticed Dusk pointing at his horn.

“Lets get going then,” Elusive said, adding his coyness now. ‘For the love of... Elusive I’m going to bucking kill you if you don’t tell me how to do that!’ Sweetie Belle warned in her mind. Dusk held open the door and let his friends walk through. Scootaloo was last, and she pecked his cheek as she walked past. Dusk blushed and followed behind them for a moment.

“Oh, crap it’s this way,” Dusk pointed out turning around. Scootaloo facehoofed and followed Dusk. Elusive and Sweetie Belle shook their heads and did the same. After a few minutes of silent walking they reached the stage.

Dusk’s jaw dropped as he spoke, “Holy... how did you get all of this done so quick?” Applebloom and Rumble smiled proudly from where they were finishing the new paint job.

“Whoa, this is awesome you guys,” Scootaloo beamed.

“If this is what it looks like now, what’d it look like a couple hours ago?” Sweetie Belle asked. Dusk levitated out his cell phone and pulled up the picture of the stage beforehand. “Oh wow... that is impressive Bloomy,” said Sweetie Belle, awed.

Elusive cracked a grin before speaking up, “Holy Celestia, you two make a good team.” Rumble blushed a little but Applebloom didn’t quite get the point of Elusive’s comment. No one pointed it out to her so she could plead ignorance.

Shortly after Rumble punches Elusive Dusk started setting everything up, from wiring the speakers he magicked into existence, to propping a new microphone stand up for Sweetie Belle. He hoofed Elusive his guitar, “Play!” Dusk commanded. He pulled Sweetie Belle over to the microphone, “Sing!” He commanded once again. Sweetie Belle had a look of terror on her face.

“But I hate singing for crowds...” Sweetie Belle complained.

“We are your friends, not a crowd, come on please Sweetie Belle?” Dusk begged.

Sweetie Belle sighed and gave in, “Fine.” Dusk squeed and trotted of the stage. Elusive started playing his guitar using his magic to strum with the guitar pick. It was a simple melody but a cool one nonetheless. Sweetie Belle knew a lot of songs but decided to stick with the slow version of ‘Hush Now Quiet Now’. The sound of Sweetie’s voice melded perfectly with Elusives serene guitar playing. If it weren’t Sweetie and Elusive, they might all fall asleep. They all sat on the edge of their seat listening to the perfect sync from them. Rumble and Applebloom snuggled closer together and smiled proudly from their stage being used by such talented ponies. Dusk and Scootaloo we laying together near the edge of the stage smiling wide. Elusive and Sweetie Belle were so lost in their song to notice that their cutie marks had finally appeared. Rumble and Applebloom were still in proud bliss when theirs appeared. Dusk however noticed it all and smiled wide from his success. Once the song came to a close, Applebloom, Dusk, Rumble, and Scootaloo started cheering as loud as they could, causing both musicians to blush.

Dusk stood up proudly and spoke, “So... A winged four by four, for Rumble, an apple blossom with dual hammers in the background for Applebloom, a guitar with golden strings and lightning bolt head for Elusive, and finally, a golden bell with a musical measure swirling out of it for Sweetie Belle.” Everypony looked at their flanks beaming when suddenly Scootaloo noticed something.

“Dusk... what about you?” Scootaloo asked.

Author's Note:

I can't apologize enough for how long this took, but it's here now and I hope it pleases. Anyway enjoy. Oh, also Red Thrush has been completed... That angers and... makes me happy. Anyway hope you enjoyed :twilightblush: