• Published 24th Sep 2012
  • 4,870 Views, 222 Comments

Colts Meet Crusaders - Dusk_Shine6995

  • ...
33
 222
 4,870

Chapter 9: Two Years!

Author's Note:

HOLY CRAP I'M BACK! It's great to be back, albeit with the shortest chapter I've ever written, but I'm back! I was going to try to make it longer but I realized what today was... IT'S THE TWO YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF THIS FIC! (September 24th) Holy everything it's been two years? What a ride. I am back, and I am writing, but my notice of the fact that it's my two year anniversary ruined my plans. I wanted to make an announcement, but knew if I made a thing like I normally do, it would just piss everyone off. Anyway, I'm done with my rant. It's awesome to be back, and thank EVERY LAST ONE OF YOU BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE, for your patience, understanding, and for reading this story to begin with! :twilightsmile::twilightsmile::twilightsmile:

Chapter 9: Two Years!

By: Dusk_Shine6995

Rainbow, Scootaloo, and Dusk sat outside Dusk’s home. They winced as they heard sounds of a struggle. Whatever Rarity and Applejack were doing to them in there, it wasn’t going to be a pretty sight when it was over. The sounds of a struggle, squeals, angry shouts, and angry grunts could be heard. Rainbow could have sworn she heard a jackhammer running at some point. Then all was quiet. Applejack and Rarity emerged from the house, both pulling their sisters out by the ear.

“Ow, ow, owwwww, Rarity, I told you nothing happened!” Sweetie squealed.

Applebloom tried to pull away from her sister’s grasp while grumbling, “Ah’m a big pony! Ah can take care of muhself!” Applejack just glared at her, effectively silencing her. Rarity and Applejack were soon out of sight. After a few moments Rumble and Elusive walked out of the house. They had black eyes similar to Dusk’s.

“What the tartarus just happened?” Rumble asked. Dusk shrugged and looked past his friend. He was surprised that, despite all the noise, his house was unscathed.

“A sister’s rage little colts, a sister’s rage,” Rainbow said with a mocking grin.

“You guys must be ‘The Brotherhooves of the Traveling Bruises’” Scootaloo joked.

“You did not just make a ‘Sisterhooves of the Traveling Horseshoes’ joke,” Dusk admonished.

“And what if I did?” Scootaloo challenged.

“Then no more video games,” he warned. Scootaloo seemed unperturbed by the threat, so he leaned forward and whispered, “And no more kisses.” She looked away with a huff.

“Fine then,” she stated as she entered his home. He walked forward to join her but she slammed the door before he could.

He knocked on the door and shouted, “What the buck Scoots?!” He heard a small giggle from behind the door.

“This is your punishment for that threat,” she informed.

“Scoots, this is my house,” he stated, slightly bothered.

“Exactly,” she said as if it were the most normal thing in the world.

“I could just teleport in there, you know,” he challenged. He heard a faint scoff from behind the door.

“Yeah, but you won’t, because it wouldn’t be fair,” she answered. Rainbow, who had been watching with an amused smirk on her face, stepped up to the door.

“Please open the door, Squirt,” Rainbow requested. Scootaloo immediately opened the door. “Thank you,” Rainbow said as she walked in. Dusk followed close behind, with Rumble and Elusive following suit.

As Elusive walked in Dusk looked at him confused and asked, “Dude, shouldn’t you be going home to check on Pink Streaks?” Elusive’s eyes widened.

“SHIT!” He screamed as he teleported away.

“And on that note, my mom is probably pissed… later!” Rumble announced before taking off into the air.

Scootaloo smiled and said, “And then there were three.” She closed the door and walked into the living room. Once in the room, her smile faded. Dusk was getting chewed out by his mother.

“I come downstairs, expecting my son and his friends to be sound asleep, eager for some breakfast,” Rosetta began, her voice slowly rising, “but no, you and Scootaloo were nowhere to be found. AND on top of it all, two of your friends were making out, and the others were wrestling in my living room!” she yelled. Dusk looked down, ashamed, full of guilt, and most of all, embarrassed. His face was bright red. When he glanced at Scootaloo, he was surprised to see a look of pity, as opposed to amusement. It made him feel a bit less embarrassed, but felt more shame as a result. Rosetta let out a sigh. She began speaking again, her voice lighter this time. “You scared the hay out of me Dusk, just promise not to do it again without a note, ok?” she offered. Dusk smiled sheepishly and answered with a nod. “Good, and I swear to Celestia if you do this again, I’m getting the bat,” Rosetta warned with a smirk. Dusk laughed and nodded.

“Wait, are you serious about the bat!?” Scootaloo asked, astonished. Rosetta and Dusk broke into a hearty laughter.

“No, it’s a private joke between my son and me,” Rosetta explained. Scootaloo nodded slowly.

“I’ll tell you later, but for now let’s just relax, it’s been an insane day already,” Dusk said. Scootaloo nodded and walked towards the couch. Dusk slid to one end to make room for her. Instead of sitting next to him, like he expected, she laid on the entire couch, her head on his lap. He sighed theatrically, which prompted her to jab his stomach. He laughed and shrugged. Rainbow walked over to Rosetta with a smile.

“They’re cute,” She whispered to Rosetta. Rosetta returned the smile and nodded.

“They are, but there is one problem with this picture,” Rosetta whispered back.

“What’s that?” Rainbow asked.

“The bruise on my son’s eye, care to explain?” Rosetta asked. Rainbow gulped and chuckled nervously.

“W-Well, it looked like they were… mating, in the middle of the street. I went a little ballistic and may have hit him,” she explained slowly and carefully.

“Alright, I’ll let it go this time, but don’t make a habit of it,” Rosetta warned darkly. Rainbow gulped again and nodded. Once the two were done with the conversation they looked back to Dusk and Scootaloo. Scootaloo had leaned up and nuzzled Dusk’s bruise again. He smiled and returned the gesture with a nuzzle to her cheek. She blushed softly and looked away. Rainbow and Rosetta smiled and rolled their eyes. They walked out of the room and into the kitchen.

“Would you like anything to drink Rainbow?” Rosetta asked. Rainbow shook her head. Rosetta shrugged and said, “Suit yourself.” She poured herself a drink. “So about what we talked about yesterday,” Rosetta began, after taking a sip of her drink, “I already made the call.” Rainbow’s eyes narrowed.

“How long until they get here?” She asked.

“Not very long,” Rosetta answered. Rainbow nodded and proceeded to discuss their plan of action.

Dusk was petting Scootaloo’s mane softly as she laid on him. He couldn’t help but smile at her small purrs and wiggles of enjoyment. ‘It’s like having a giant cat,’ he thought with an amused grin. She sat still after a while of the petting.

She looked up at him and said, “Hey Dusk, there’s something that’s been bothering me for a little while now.”

Dusk looked down and asked, “What might that be?”

She looked away sheepishly, “It might sound stupid but… why do you wear the hoodie and facade as The Outcast?”

Dusk smirked and answered in his Outcast voice, “I thought you liked The Outcast.” Scootaloo shuddered and smiled.

“I do, but seriously, why? Why not just go in there as normal you and kick their flanks?” she asked again.

“It’s simple Scoots,” he began, “to protect those close to me. Those creeps I have to fight would do ANYTHING to get an edge over the pony who has their number. Including foalnapping my marefriend.” Scootaloo blushed and nodded. She understood what he meant. Her blush intensified as the word “marefriend” registered in her mind. While both were aware that they were clearly coltfriend and marefriend, they had never said it aloud before. Hearing Dusk say the word made her heart flutter in her chest. She smiled wide as the word replayed in her head. “Can you imagine what that bucking psycho Trueshot would do if he found out who I was?”

“T-True enough,” she mumbled, still recovering from the word marefriend. She looked at him with a smile. “So, you’re just pwotecting me,” she began, “D’awww, my little Duskie.” She sang with a smirk as he began blushing.

“That’s unfair and you know it!” Dusk complained.

“Oh, I know, that’s why I do it,” she stated with a giggle before nuzzling his chin. He growled playfully and looked away. She giggled more and decided let up her flirtatious attack... for now. Her blush returned as she slowly worked up the nerve to say, “So… marefriend?” He looked at her nervously.

“M-Maybe… I mean, if you want to be, that is, I mean…” he looked away again blushing brighter than before.

“So was that some crap attempt of asking me out?” she asked with a small smirk, still blushing. He let out a soft sigh and nodded.

“Yeahhhhh…” he said softly, “I’ll understand if you say n-” he started to say before she set her hoof on his cheek.

“Shut up,” she whispered. He obeyed her order. “Of course I will you idiot,” she answered with tears in her eyes. His face quickly shifted Into happiness. They began laughing softly. “That was so cheesy, did we even need to do that?” she asked.

“Oh you loved it and you know it,” he countered. She jabbed his ribs.

“So!” she shouted defiantly causing the two to start laughing again. They finally stopped laughing after a few minutes.

“You’re adorable,” he complimented.

“And you’re an idiot,” she answered. “But you’re my idiot,” she finished with a smile.

He grinned wide and said, “Damn right!” She rolled her eyes and leaned her head against his neck. “Oh you know you love it,” he teased. She grunted and jabbed his ribs in response.

“Stop being a dork when I’m trying to be normal!” she grumbled.

“Fine, I’ll shut up,” he began, “but only if you admit you’re adorable.” She rolled her eyes and mumbled. “What was that? I couldn’t hear you.” he teased. She mumbled a little louder. “One more time?” he teased again.

She growled and leaned into his face before singing, “I’m adooooorableeeee.” He blushed a little at the sudden closeness but smiled all the same. Scootaloo smirked at her newfound dominance. She slowly leaned down to kiss his stupid lips. He leaned up to meet hers.

Just before they met, there was a loud knock on the door. They both let out a sigh and Scootaloo climbed off of Dusk to let him up. He got up and approached the door. Scootaloo walked with him. The knock returned, louder this time, before they reached the door.

“I’m coming, I’m coming!” Dusk yelled. He opened the door to see two fully armoured royal guard pegasi on the other side.

“Hello, is there a miss Scootaloo here?” the guard pony on the left asked.

Scootaloo looked at him and answered, “Yeah that’s me, why?”

“You’re coming with us,” the guard on the right responded.