• Published 27th May 2023
  • 1,533 Views, 398 Comments

Digimon Codex - Banshee531



Flash Sentry loves playing Digimon. So when he gets the chance to play a hardcore version, he jumps at the chance. But he soon discovers that Digimon and the Digital World, are more real then he could possibly imagine

  • ...
6
 398
 1,533

PreviousChapters Next
Memories on the Track

All was peaceful, in an oceanic section of the Digital World.

The digital fish were swimming around, living their every day fishy lives. They had no idea they were just digital recreations of the real thing, since they didn't need to know. All they cared about was swimming, finding enough food to survive and not becoming food themselves. However, one of their hunters was about to appear.

From out of the depths, a Digimon swam up moving at super high speed.

This Digimon looked like a fusion of a man and a hammerhead shark. His head was shark-like, whilst his body was humanoid with shark skin. His hands were webbed and sharp at the fingertips, with bladed fins sticking out of the arms. A large dorsal fin was sticking out of his back, whilst a pair of swim trunks could be seen on his waist. His legs looked strong and with them locked together, the Digimon's swimfin feet allowed it to move incredibly fast.

The Digimon was swimming towards the surface and as he did, the water was getting shallower and shallower. They were coming to an area of the ocean covered in tiny islands, the largest of them being about thirty-five meters across.

He broke through the surface and did several flips through the air, eventually landing as his feet came apart and allowed him to stand. He looked around, trying to find what he was looking for. But there was no sign of it on the island anywhere.

"Ha," he laughed, "coward." But as soon as he said that, he sensed something and spun around to see what appeared to be a large comet flying towards him. "WOW!" He leapt back, as the comet smashed into the island with enough force to cause the whole thing to break apart.

Divemon splashed into the ocean, as the comet flew back up with the energy around it disappearing to reveal a dragonic Digimon.

Wingdramon looked down at the water, "you can't hide forever!" The water then exploded, with the shark Digimon leaping up and slashing at him.

"Raaaaah!" He swung his claws at him, but Wingdramon blocked with the orbs he was carrying. He then swung it tail up and wrapped it around the shark-man, making him cry out as he struggled against the constriction.

Wingdramon then took a deep breath, as the orbs in his claws glowed and sent energy into his mouth. This was when he flicked his opponent into the air. "Blaze Sonic Breath!" He unleashed a blast of high-temp air that slammed into him and made him roar in pain.

Divemon: 2-0%
Wingdramon: 1-95%

Divemon fell back into the water and with a splash, he disappeared beneath the waves.

Wingdramon frowned as he skimmed the surface of the ocean. This battle had been a tough one, made even harder due to his opponent Digivolving into a Data type when he became a Vaccine. "He's here somewhere." As soon as he said that, the water exploded with Divemon leaping out of it.

"Ripple Edge!" He swung his claws around and unleashed a barrage of high-pressure water blades.

"Wow!" Wingdramon flew around, avoiding the water blades as they flew past him. But then, one of them nipped his wing and made him flinch.

Divemon: 1-100%
Wingdramon: 1-85%

"Augh!" He fell down, as Divemon returned back to the water. Wingdramon managed to regain control of his flight and flew over the water, pulling up as soon as he could to keep from getting sneak attacked. And as Divemon's head popped out of the water, Wingdramon started flying in a circle and picking up speed. "Wing Blade!" This formed a spiral of wind, which he sent flying at the water with a powerful beat of his wings.

Divemon saw the blades coming and dived down, trying to escape the attacks. But the air blades slammed into the water and caused a massive explosion, which sent the water flying upwards into the air. And Divemon was sent flying with it.

"Augh!" He cried, as one of the air blades cut into him.

Divemon: 1-85%
Wingdramon: 1-85%

He then fell towards one of the nearby islands and crashed into it, flinching as his body scraped against the hard rocks.

Divemon: 1-80%
Wingdramon: 1-85%

Wingdramon smirked as he flew down, ready to slash at Divemon with his claws and fangs. But as Divemon picked himself up, he looked up and glared at him. "Liquid Veil!" He cried, as water exploded up and swirled around his body. Eventually, it formed a layer of water that covered him perfectly. "Now I'm as strong as I would be in of the water."

Wingdramon frowned as he flew in close, attempting to take him down.

The two began to clash against one another, slashing at each other with their claws. But Divemon was too fast and managed to block his attacks whilst slashing at Wingdramon's chest. "Augh!"

Divemon: 1-80%
Wingdramon: 1-75%

He then tried to swing his tail around, but Divemon managed to grab it in his claws before spinning around. "WOW!" Divemon sent him flying and he crashed into another island, making him cry out as the jagged rocks dug into him.

Divemon: 1-80%
Wingdramon: 1-70%

"Hahaa," Divemon laughed. "We're in my domain. You don't stand a chance."

Wingdramon groaned as he pushed himself up, turning to Divemon and glaring at him. Then, he smiled. "We'll see about that." He leapt into the air, as Divemon unleashed another barrage of water blades. But Wingdramon was able to dodge each and every one of them, whilst his body began to glow. "Wingdramon, Mega Digivolve to..." Divemon's eyes went wide, as the light formed a cocoon around him. And when it exploded off of him, it revealed the blue humanoid dragon Digimon. "ULFORCEVEEDRAMON!"

Divemon gulped as he realised how much trouble he was in. "So what if you're Mega. I'm still the one with the home field advantage!" He dived into the water, as UlforceVeedramon flew straight up.

"Can't hide in there forever!" He crossed his arms, as the V on his chest glowed. "Ray of Victory!" The V-shaped laser exploded out of his chest and slammed into the water, creating an explosion larger than the one Wingdramon had created.

The explosion sent the water flying once again, as multiple fish flew through the air.

Another fish out of water was Divemon, who had once again been thrown out of the water and could do nothing but swing his arms around wildly. UlforceVeedramon then extended his sword and rushed forward, moving in the blink of an eye as he slashed at Divemon.

"AUGH!" The shark Digimon cried, feeling the blade cut into his side.

Divemon: 1-70%
UlforceVeedramon: 1-70%

Before Divemon could recover, UlforceVeedramon spun around and slashed at him again. Then again and again and again, Divemon unable to fight against the incredible speed UlforceVeedramon was moving at.

Divemon: 1-30%
UlforceVeedramon: 1-70%

The force of the explosion finally died down and as Divemon fell into what remained of the ocean, the water came crashing down towards him. He was recovering atop the water, only to see a tidal wave flying towards him faster than even he could handle.

"RAAAAAH!" He dived downwards, trying to escape. But the wave crashed down upon the water and sent the whole thing into a spiralling torrent.

UlforceVeedramon watched, as a whirlpool began to form that buffeted and barraged against Divemon. He screamed in agony, as he was thrown into the very centre of it. By the time the whirlpool finally subsided, Divemon was super dizzy and his health was low.

Divemon: 1-10%
UlforceVeedramon: 1-70%

He floated towards one of the islands and pulled himself up onto the hunk of land, pushing himself up but staggering around unable to get a his balance. He was so disoriented, he couldn't react in time when UlforceVeedramon shot down and landed in front of him.

"Victory Sabre!" His blade glowed as he swung it around, slashing into Divemon and making him scream in pain as his final security was destroyed.

Divemon: 1-0%
UlforceVeedramon: 1-70%

He was sent staggering back, as UlforceVeedramon rushed in to deal the final attack. But the shark-man wouldn't make it easy for him. "Fillet Blade!" His arm fins glowed as he spun around wildly, UlforceVeedramon getting cut by the ones on his arm.

Divemon: 0-0%
UlforceVeedramon: 1-55%

But this wasn't enough to stop UlforceVeedramon, who swung his blade around and cut right through the shark man. And with that, Divemon's body exploded into data as a young man fell to the ground.

UlforceVeedramon stood tall, as the digital voice spoke up. "Battle Over! Winner, Flash Sentry." The battlefield was then consumed by light, transforming back into the domed room as UlforceVeedramon suddenly split back into Flash and Veemon.

The pair turned to one another, Veemon leaping up so they could high five. Meanwhile, his opponent frowned as he picked himself up. "No fair. That Royal Knight was way too fast. That scan should be illegal." Flash smirked, knowing a lot of people were probably thinking that. But Flash had gone through a lot to get these scans and wasn't gonna just not use them.

"Better luck next time," Flash stated as the other player grabbed his Digivice and left.

Flash and Veemon soon followed, smiles on their faces as they thought about how well they had been doing lately. Ever since getting a scan of every Royal Knight, he had been on a serious winning streak.

He couldn't help but remember the first time he had used UlforceVeedramon, which was also the first time he had ever gone Mega. Thanks to it, his opponent had been so dumbstruck he just stood there and let Flash blast him with his Ray of Victory. And it wasn't just him.

Micro had swept the floor with his opponent after turning into Dynasmon whilst Trixie and Sandalwood enjoyed easy wins thanks to Crusadermon and Kentaurosmon.

After their many victories, a bunch of players were begging them to trade a copy of it to them and even offered their best scans. But the four had made a promise not to give away these scans, which hadn't gone a long way to making them to most popular players in the game.

Their friends had also been eager to get a scan of the knights, but understood their reasons for keeping them. They had also been amazed to hear about their adventure with the Royal Knights and their battle against Nidhoggmon.

Flash and Veemon made their way out of the Rookie Stadium, knowing that it probably wouldn't be too long before they were gonna start battling in the Champion Stadium. But they also knew not to get cocky. They intended to take each battle as it came, even if their victory appeared guaranteed right from the start.

They made their way over to the foyer, where they spotted Micro talking to a player he didn't know.

They appeared to be doing a trade and Flash felt himself grow worried that Micro was giving away a knight scan. They headed over there as the trade clearly ended, Micro smirking as Flash reached him. "Hey," the glasses wearing teen waved, "check out this new scan I got."

"I hope you didn't give him anything you might regret trading later," Flash warned him. Micro instantly knew what he was talking about.

"No. I didn't give him the Royal Knight scans. I understand why you'd be worried, but I'm not gonna break our promise." Flash sighed in relief. "But...I did give him something that could lead to him getting a knight scan." Flash was shocked by this. "I traded him a Mistymon scan. If he wants a Dynasmon scan, he can go out and get it himself. And if he does get one, he can use that in the Digivolution line."

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" Veemon asked, as Tentomon flew over to him.

"Well it's not like he couldn't get one himself. I'm not the only Tentomon out there. Just has to scan me, get the Digimental of Courage and he could Digivolve all the way up to Mistymon." They realised he was right, so decided to leave it be.

The four sat down and watched some of the screens, one of which included a battle involving MagnaAngemon whilst another had a Digimon that looked like an armored winged horse with a long mane and horn.

Flash knew those two were Trixie and Sandalwood, this being the third battle in a row the two had used those Digimon. "Hope they don't get too comfortable using the Royal Knights."

"Why?" Micro asked, "you've been using them."

"Yeah, but Veemon can Digivolve into a bunch of them. And I don't just use the Royal Knights. I used Flamedramon and BurningGreymon in a battle yesterday. Just don't want Lunamon and Mangoramon to feel side-lined."

"Don't worry about it," Micro assured him. "Those two are just enjoying themselves. Once the rush of being Royal Knights wears off, they'll be back to using their partners. Just watch."

"If you say so," Flash nodded as he looked around. "Anybody else coming to watch the battles today? Or are they all out?"

"I think Thorax is in a battle," Micro explained. "But Twilight and the others are out in the Digital World somewhere. Not sure where though." Flash was also curious, wondering what the girls could be up to at that moment.


Out in the Digital World, Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Rarity, Pinkie Pie and Applejack having a blast with their Digimon.

Currently, they were all inside a train carriage moving down the tracks. Twilight was reading a book she had in her inventory, whilst Pinkie and Rainbow were watching the environment zoom past with their Digimon. Fluttershy, Rarity and Applejack were brushing their Digimon, whilst Tawnimon was enjoying a nap sitting next to Twilight.

"I think we're almost there," Pinkie cheered. The others heard this and smiled, Twilight shutting her book whilst the others put their brushes away.

"I can't wait to get there," Fluttershy smiled. "I haven't had the chance to see Berry Town in so long." They were all heading to a favourite location of theirs. Berry Town was a forest village, that produced some of the best berry-flavoured foods the Digital World had to offer. The girls liked to go there for a visit whenever they could, each of them remembering it fondly for a simple reason.


A long time ago.

Twilight Sparkle was sitting on the train, reading her book alone.

The book she was reading was one she had gotten at a Digimon library, which featured the many different types of Digimon in the Digital World.

The girl smiled as she looked out the window. She had been in the Digital World for a little over two months now, having been invited by the Codex Commanders on recommendation of her older brother. She was excited to see what the Digital World had in store for her.

Shining Armor had suggested Berry Town as a place to visit, though it meant taking the train due to it being a Champion Level area.

She had just finished a chapter, when the intercom activated. "Next stop, Berry Town" Twilight smiled and stood up, as the town in question came into view.

It was a forest surrounded by rocky mountain lands, with a massive tree in the very centre of it that was the size of a skyscraper. And as the train pulled into the station, she spotted several Digimon on the platform. Multiple ones of different types and species.

Twilight stepped off the train and turned towards the engine, which was actually a Digimon that looked like a cross between a train and a worm.

"Thanks for the ride," she told him.

"No problem," he spoke in a brooklyn accent before pulling out of the station. Once he was gone, Twilight headed into town and started looking around. As she did, she noticed more Digimon located all over the place.

There were more Digimon here then she could possibly register. They were either running stalls, picking fruit off the trees or simply enjoying the place like her. She smiled as she watched the Digimon go about their daily lives, none of them appearing at all surprised that a human was there.

But then she saw something that made her realise why, as a pink skinned girl was actually running her own booth. "Who ordered the banana nut muffins!?" Several Digimon rushed over to accept the sweet treat, the girl happily handing them out as Twilight stepped over to her. "Oh," the girl smiled, "hi. I'm Pinkie Pie."

"Twilight," she replied with a smile. "I didn't realise humans could open stalls here."

"Yup. I get to do what I love most in a place I love most." As she said that, a blue alligator Digimon stepped up next to Twilight carrying a tray on his head. "Try one. It's delicious and the best part is, you don't gain any weight."

Twilight smiled and happily accepted the muffin, taking a bite out of it only to find herself melting due to the delicious taste. Her eyes rolled into her head, a moan escaping her lips. Pinkie smirked, seeing she had captured another one.

Twilight devoured the rest of the muffin and asked Pinkie about her Codex experience, Pinkie explaining she had met Dilemon a week into her journey and they had been best friends ever since. And as she did, Twilight noticed two other humans walk into the scene.

One was a strong looking cowgirl, carrying a large bucket of fruit alongside a purple haired girl who was complimenting a Sistermon Blanc on her clothes. A Labramon was walking besides the cowgirl whilst Salamon was on the purple girl's shoulder.

"Here you go." The cowgirl put the bucket down, the Digimon she gave it to thanking her greatly.

"So where did you get this lovely dress?"

"Oh," Sistermon hummed, "I Digivolved and it was on me." The girl sighed, clearly having heard that before. She and Salamon stepped over to the cowgirl, who picked up an apple and took a bite out of it.

"I wish I knew how Digimon clothes are designed. I'm sure they could teach me so much."

"Rarity," the cowgirl told her, "don't ya'h think ya'h overthinkin' this. Digimon Digivolve and get clothes. It's as simple as that."

"Applejack," Rarity put her hands on her hips. "There's no way something so pretty can be randomly generated by a computer. Someone has to be designing them. And I won't rest until I discover who."

Twilight giggled at this and stepped forward, only for someone to suddenly appear out of nowhere moving at high speed. "Watch out!" She felt that person tackle her, the pair falling to the ground as everyone turned towards them.

"Oh dear!" A sweet voice gasped, Twilight sitting up and seeing a pink haired girl standing over them with a Terriermon on her shoulder. "Are you okay?"

Twilight groaned as she picked herself up. "I'm fine. Though I'd be happier if someone hadn't run into me." She turned to the one at fault and saw she was a blue skinned girl with rainbow hair, who quickly leapt up and onto her feet.

"Sorry. Totally didn't see you there."

"Maybe slow down next time and you won't have any problems," Applejack told her. The rainbow girl turned to glare at her, clearly about to argue back. But the pink haired girl grabbed her shoulder.

"She's right Rainbow. You really shouldn't run around like that." Rainbow pouted, crossing her arms.

"Guess you're right Fluttershy." As she said that, the ground started shaking. The humans and those with Digimon looked around, confused by it, until they spotted a large tree Digimon walking on his roots and carrying a walking stick.

"What seems to be going on here?" He asked, looking down at the humans. "I hope you lot aren't fighting. Berry Town is a place of joy and fun. Anyone who ruins that won't be welcomed here."

"We're not fighting," Terriermon cried out. "There was just a little accident here and we were just making sure it doesn't happen again." He turned to the others, "right?" They all nodded, the Digimon known as Cherrymon sighing.

"Good. Then let's enjoy ourselves some more. The great tree will soon be blooming. We don't want to miss that!" The Digimon all cheered and started making their way towards it, whilst the humans followed suit.

"What's going on?" Twilight asked, everyone except Pinkie looking just as confused.

"The great tree!" She cheered. "It's the most important part of Berry Town. Once a month, it blooms and grows every type of fruit imaginable. Bananas, apples, strawberries, oranges, you name it. It's amazing."

"Awe man," Rainbow rubbed her hands together. "That sounds awesome. I can't wait!" As she said that, someone stepped out in front of her and she almost tripped over. "WOW!" She staggered around, but managed to keep her bearings. "Hey!" She spun around and saw the Digimon that had almost knocked her over was a Kamemon. "Watch it!"

"Sorry," he told her before holding up a tray of something. "Wanna have one of my blueberry tarts? I'm told they're pretty good." Rainbow frowned, but took the tart anyway and bit into it. Her eyes went wide at this, the others having a feeling it was more then pretty good.

"Not bad," she smirked before eating the rest. "Not bad at all."

"Thanks," Kamemon replied before walking towards the tree.

"Was it really that good?" Twilight asked, as Rainbow started tearing up.

"It was the best tart I've ever had!"

"Why didn't ya'h tell him that?" Applejack asked, with Rainbow rubbing her face of the tears.

"What, and let him get a swell head? I've seen what happens when you tell someone they've created the best of something. They lose all passion for it. No way could I let him stop making those tarts."

"Well maybe he's hoping to hear that?" Salamon told her. "Maybe he wants to hear someone say it, then move on to try and do something else."

"Like what?"

"Who knows," Applejack shrugged. "That'd be for him to decide." They finally arrived at the great tree, where all the other Digimon were gathered around.

They watched, as fruits began to appear on the tree. And just like Pinkie said, every kind of fruit imaginable appeared. "Wow," the six girls whispered. They all liked their lips, hungry to try and take a bite.

Cherrymon chuckled, "the tree never fails to amaze. Now, who would like to pick the first piece of fruit?" All the Digimon raised their arms, making him chuckle more. But as he was about to pick one, he noticed something in the sky. "Huh?" He squinted, trying to get a better look.

The others noticed this and looked over, wondering what he was looking at. They they saw it to.

A large cloud, moving through the sky. But it didn't look like a normal cloud. There was some kind of movement to the inside of it, with the normal sky appearing in gaps that appeared. "What is that?" Rainbow asked, but Fluttershy was enough of a nature watcher to recognise it instantly.

"It's a flock of bird."

"Correction," Terriermon replied. "It's a flock of bird Digimon!"

They were right. It was a large flock of bird Digimon, a bunch of brown owl-like Digimon. "Tawnimon?" Cherrymon asked, "what are they doing here?" They got their answer, when the owl Digimon swooped down on the unsuspecting crowd and started taking whatever food they could get their claws on.

Anything from tarts, to cakes and jams were grabbed and placed in the Tawnimon's mouths. And when the last of this food was taken, they turned their attention to the great tree.

"They're gonna take the fruit!" Twilight realised, as the wild Digimon scattered in fear.

"I'm not letting them steal my sweet treats!" Terriermon leapt into the air, as Fluttershy took out her Digivice. It unleashed a bright light, which quickly wrapped around the rabbit dog and formed a cocoon. "Terriermon, Digivolve to..." The cocoon exploded to reveal his Champion Level, "Gargomon!"

As soon as he landed, he raised his blaster arms and started unloading them into the sky. The Tawnimon all saw this and quickly took evasive manoeuvres away from the tree.

Twilight and Rainbow Dash took out their Digivices and swung them around, Fluttershy doing the same. "LET'S GO!" They cried, as the cubes appeared in front of them. Each one with a Digimon inside of it. Twilight's cube had a Digimon called Patamon inside, whilst Fluttershy's had a Digimon named Lopmon and Rainbow's had a Digimon named Biyomon. "Biomerge, Activate!" The cubes flew over and they was sucked inside, transforming into copies of the Digimon.

One by one, each of them were surrounded by light before transforming. "Patamon," Twilight cried, "Digivolve to..." She grew larger and broke out of the orb, revealing her Champion form. "Unimon!"

"Lopmon!" Fluttershy cried, "Digivolve to..." The cocoon broke apart and revealed a six foot pink rabbit Digimon, wearing a yellow jumpsuit and red gloves with retractable blades on them. "Turuiemon!"

"Biyomon!" Rainbow cried, "Digivolve to..." The cocoon grew larger then the other two and when it exploded, a giant bird appeared who appeared to be made complete out of fire flew out. "Birdramon!"

Applejack, Rarity and Pinkie took out their Digivices, which unleashed light and surrounded their own Digimon. "Salamon, Digivolve to...Gatomon!"

"Labramon, Digivolve to...Dorulumon!"

"Dilemon, Digivolve to...Gatormon!" The six Champions stood together, as Rarity, Applejack and Pinkie began to help the other Digimon get to safety.

Birdramon spread her wings and leapt into the air, Unimon following after her whilst Turuiemon, Gatomon, Dorulumon and Gatormon prepared for any that might attack the ground. Once Birdramon was high enough, she started building up energy.

"Let's see how you like this. Meteor-"

"Wait!" Unimon stopped her, "you can't use a fire attack. You could set the whole forest on fire." Birdramon frowned, clearly not happy about not getting to just blast them.

"HOOTING CRY!" The Tawnimon yelled as they unleashed their sonic blast, which hit the pair and made them cry out in pain.

Those on the ground looked worried, as Dorulumon held up his drill tail. "Drill Tornado!" He spun it around and unleashed a powerful vortex of wind, which flew up and struck many of the Tawnimon out of the sky.

The owls cried out as they were knocked out of control, many falling to the ground as those there charged in. "Sharp Talon!" One slashed at Turuiemon, but the bladed bunny blocked with her gauntlets whilst Gargomon leapt over and kicked it away.

Gatormon swung his tail around and knocked several into the sides of trees and houses, whilst Gatomon used her Lightning Paw to sock one in the face.

Though she couldn't use her best attack on the smaller avians, Birdramon was still able to stop them by creating a powerful gust. This knocked many of the Tawnimon to the ground and made them cry out in pain, whilst the other Digimon dealt with the ones that could still stand.

As she did this, she spotted the Kamemon from before.

He was surrounded by a bunch of Tawnimon, trying to protect his blueberry tarts. "Water Shot!" He cried out, launching a blade of water from his mouth. It knocked one Tawnimon back, but the others attacked with their Sharp Talons. "Shell Guard!" He hid his tarts behind his back and retracted his head and limbs into his body, the Tawnimon's attacks bouncing off it.

"Wow. That guy's as tough as a tank." She dived down caught the Digimon's attention. "Back off." He used her claws to cage Kamemon, then beat her wings to knock the others back. Kamemon left his shell and looked up at the giant bird, who smirked down at him.

Unimon blasted several more Tawnimon and was ready to attack the rest. But before she could, she noticed something in the distance. Another Digimon, which looked like a giant version of the Tawnimon. "Great. Their boss is here." She expected this Digimon to attack and save his brethren. But instead, he did something rather surprising.

"TAWNIMON!" He yelled, "STOP!" The Tawnimon suddenly stopped their attack and turned towards him, the giant owl landing and look as imposing as possible. "You dishonour our parliament with these actions. Shame on you all!" The Tawnimon looked down, upset.

They quickly stopped the fights and flew over to him, as Cherrymon made his way over to the large owl whilst the fighting Digimon grouped up.

"I apologise for this. The Tawnimon have been having trouble recently with food."

"Is that so?" Cherrymon asked. "Don't you and your flock roost around a nearby mountain? One with its own forest below?"

"We do," the Champion Digimon replied before letting out a sighed. "Or...at least we did. I'm afraid we've found ourselves in a bit of a...territorial dispute."

"Territorial dispute?" Unimon trotted over to him and was consumed with light, transforming back into Twilight. "With who?" The owl hummed as he looked her over, clearly not used to humans.

"A group of Digimon name Jazamon, lead by a more powerful Jazardmon. They attacked us out of the blue and forced us out of our territory. Since then, we've been forced to make do with a less then adequate replacement home. There's barely any food or water there, so you can understand why the Tawnimon all decided to attack."

"You just let these guys kick you out?" Birdramon asked, as she and Turuiemon returned to their human forms. "What are you doing, letting those guys push you around?"

"Don't think we didn't fight with everything we had," the owl cried. "Jazardmon and his flock were just stronger!"

"HooTawnimon is right," Cherrymon nodded. "Jazardmon is a powerful monster indeed. It's mechanical body makes it almost impossible to damage with a standard attack. And with a flock of Jazamon behind it, HooTawnimon and his flock wouldn't stand a chance."

They Codex Players frowned, looking around the flock at the owl group that looked scared and hungry. Despite being against them just a minute ago, they couldn't help be feel sorry for the lot of them.

"There has to be a way for you to get your territory back," Twilight stated. "It's clear you can't stay here. And wherever you were before isn't cutting it either."

HooTawnimon nodded. "Jazardmon is the biggest problem. If it was just the Rookies, my flock and I could handle it. Alas, it's not just the Rookies."

"Well what if you had help?" Pinkie asked, smiling as she stepped forward. "If you had other Champion Digimon to fight beside you, I bet you could even the score with Jazardmon no problem."

"I could," he nodded. "But where would I get Digimon to help? None of my parliament are ready to Digivolve." He then noticed the humans and their partners smiling at him. "Seriously? After all the trouble we've caused."

"You guys were just doin' this cause ya'll were desperate," Applejack explained. "If a'h had to choose between stealin' and starvin, a'd probably have a hard time decidin'." The others nodded, thinking the same thing. They couldn't allow this flock of Digimon to be forced out of their homes.

"Thank you," HooTawnimon nodded. "You don't know how much this means to us."

Twilight turned to the others. "We'll need a plan in order to get Jazardmon away from his flock. Separate him from the rest and those Rookies won't know what to do."

"I wish I could help," Cherrymon told them. "But my place is here. If you force out Jazardmon and his flock, they may choose to come in this direction. I must be ready to protect Berry Town in that event." They all nodded, understanding. "But if any of my citizens wishes to help, I encourage it."

The Digimon all looked unsure, clearly not wanting to go up against such strong Digimon. But one of them appeared to have the backbone to step forward, this one being the Kamemon Rainbow had helped earlier. "Really?" She asked, "you wanna help?" Kamemon nodded. "Nice. You're tougher than you look." Kamemon nodded again, as Twilight started to formulate a plan.


Many miles across the mountainous terrain, a small mountain could be seen surrounded by a lush forest.

Along the sides of his mountain were a bunch of nests, wearing the aforementioned Jazamon were roosting. These Digimon were a bunch of small metal bird Digimon, being silver in colour with blue trim and what appeared to be a camera in their mouths.

Some were resting in the stolen nests, whilst others were down in the forest. Despite being mechanical Digimon, they still required food which they ate to convert into a fuel source.

At the very top of the rather small mountain, a larger then normal nest was sitting there with a larger mechanical Digimon resting in it. This Digimon appeared to be a larger version of Jazamon, only its bird wings had been replaced by jet wings and it had legs almost as big as its body. The bottoms of its feet had thrusters on them, allowing the Digimon to run and fly at incredible speeds.

The Digimon was resting, using the solar panels on its back to absorb sunlight and recharge itself. This wasn't gonna take long, since it had barely used any energy disposing of that HooTawnimon and the rest of his pathetic flock.

"This is the life," he told himself as he charged up. But as he continued to charge, a Jazamon began to squawk.

"Intruders! Intruders! Invading our airspace." Jazardmon opened his mechanical eyes and looked over to see a large flock moving towards the mountain. Jazardmon's vision zoomed in on the flock and he found it was HooTawnimon, along with the Tawnimon they had defeated before. But they weren't the only ones.

Birdramon, Unimon and Nefertimon were flying beside them, carrying other Digimon on their backs. "So, the coward got himself some back up." Jazardmon picked himself up, "not that it matters. They won't be defeating us." He looked down at this flock, "defend our home! Do not let them get past you!"

The Jazamon all took flight and flew towards the approaching invaders, ready to slice them apart.

The flying Digimon continued to hold stead, as those riding atop of them got ready to fight. "Let's go!" Applejack cried, as she, Fluttershy, Pinkie and their Digimon leapt off of them. Kamemon did the same, as the players held out their Digivices.

"Labramon, Digivolve to...Dorulumon!"

"Terriermon, Digivolve to...Gargomon!"

"Dilemon, Digivolve to...Gatormon!"

Applejack, Pinkie and Fluttershy held out their Digivices, as the cubes appeared in front of them to fall into. "Biomerge, Activate!" The pair merged with their Digimon, Fluttershy once again merging with Lopmon whilst Applejack merged with Lalamon. Pinkie, meanwhile, merged with what appeared to be a copy of an Agumon made out of differently coloured building blocks.

"Lopmon, Digivolve to...Turuiemon!"

"Lalamon, Digivolve to...Sunflowmon!"

"ToyAgumon!" Pinkie cried, "Digivolve to..." From out of the cocoon came a large plastic version of Greymon, with a square waist that was connected to plastic copies of a Greymon's chest and legs. Plastic arms were connected to the chest with the shoulder, elbow, knee and ankle joints being balls connecting the parts. Its head was also made out of plastic, the lower jaw and mouth being yellow like the rest of the body whilst the top half was red. It had green eyes and hands along with a tail that was connected by a series of ball joints allowing the whole thing free range of motion. "ToyGreymon!"

The six Champions and one Rookie landed, ready to fight any of them that came to the ground. At the same time, Rarity took out her Digivice. "Biomerge, Activate!" She swung the device around and a cube with Salamon inside appeared, which Rarity leapt into.

She was quickly transformed and began to change. "Salamon, Digivolve to..." From out of the light, a humanoid Digimon appeared wearing rather revealing clothes. She had four wings and was wearing a mask over half her face, whilst carrying a staff and sword. "Darcmon!"

The Jazamon charged at them as as they did, the Tawnimon all unleashed their sonic attacks. "Hooting Cry!" The wave of sound struck the metal flock and pushed them off balance, allowing the other Digimon to charge in.

"Aerial Attack!" Unimon unleashed her shining energy ball, which struck several Jazamon and knocked them backwards.

"Rosetta Stone!" Nefertimon fired the hole stone from a light coming out of her back, hitting one and exploding to hit several more.

"Dancing Sword!" Darcmon swung her blade around with incredible speed, cutting down several more and making them fall towards the ground.

"Oh yeah!" Birdramon cried, ready to fly up and take Jazardmon down. However, before she could, a bunch of Jazamon managed to grab onto her. "Hey!" She cried, falling towards the ground. "Get off me!" But the metal birds refused to come loose, latching onto her wings as hard as they could.

"Rainbow!" Unimon cried, as the giant bird crashed into the base of the mountain. She wanted to go and help, but a bunch more Jazamon attacked and forced her to fly upwards with HooTawnimon.

Down on the ground, the Digimon there were busy keeping the Jazamon that had fallen from taking to the skies again. "Drill Bit Blitz!" Dorulumon cried, launching the drills from his head piece.

"Sunshine Beam!" Sunflowmon fired the solar beam from her face.

"Gargo Pellets!" Gargomon launched a barrage of bullets towards the Jazamon.

"Gauntlet Claw!" Turuiemon spun on the spot, turning into a mini tornado that flew through the Jazamon and slashed them.

"Plastic Nova!" ToyGreymon launched a giant plastic fireball, which moved like a cannonball and smashed into the metal birds.

"Hydro Pump!" Gatormon unleashed his high pressure blast of water, which struck the Jazamon and knocked them backwards into a bunch of trees.

Kamemon was running around, launching water shots at all the Jazamon he could see. Then he heard a cry and looked over to see Birdramon crash down into a bunch of trees, the Jazamon holding her down and preventing her from moving.

Birdramon wanted nothing more then to ignite her body and burn these suckers, but she would also burn down the forest and that was the last thing she wanted. "What do I do?"

"Water Shot!" A blast of water knocked a Jazamon off of her, making her look around and see Kamemon charging towards her.

"Get back!" She cried, as several Jazamon flew towards him.

Kamemon gasped and hid in his shell, the metal Digimon trying to slash at him. But he wasn't gonna let that stop him from saving his friend. "Kamemon," he suddenly started glowing, "Digivolve to..." He grew larger and as he did, he started spinning and the Jazamon found themselves getting slashed at by a bunch of sharp blades. "Tortomon!" The light faded to reveal the giant yellow tortoise Digimon, who quickly stopped spinning and allowed himself to extend his legs and head.

"Wow," Birdramon smirked at the sight for this. The other Jazamon charged at him, but Tortomon's spiky shell glowed.

"Strong Carapace!" The spikes exploded off of him and knocked the Jazamon out of the sky, Birdramon picking herself up and smiling at him.

The two then stood back to back, ready to take on the rest of the enemies around them.

At the same time, Unimon and HooTawnimon reached the top of the mountain. As they did, they saw Jazardmon pick himself up and leap off the nest. His jets fired and allowed him to hover in the air, glaring at the two as he did.

"You dare invade my territory."

"It's not your territory!" Unimon cried, "it belongs to HooTawnimon and his flock."

"It did. But I won it from them in battle. And I will do whatever it takes to defend it!" He pointed his jets backwards and shot forward, turning into a slipstream and he flew towards them. "Laser Eye!" Red beams of like flew out of his eyes, looking ready to burn the pair of them out of the sky.

"Defence Gale!" HooTawnimon beat his wings and unleashed a blast of air, which struck the laser and caused it to explode in the sky. As it did, Unimon opened her mouth.

"Aerial Attack!" The sphere of energy exploded out of her mouth and flew towards Jazardmon, who barely managed to avoid it by repositioning his legs.

"Sonic Vulcan!" His shoulders opened up to reveal a pair of machine guns, which started unloading bullets at high speed. Unimon gasped as she started flying around, trying to avoid them as best she could. But a few managed to hit her in the wing and leg.

"Augh!" She cried, making Jezardmon laugh only for HooTawnimon to charge forward.

"Sky Strike!" The slipstream flew around him as he tried to slam into him, but Jazardmon swung his legs around and unleashed a burst of energy from his foot rockets. "Augh!" He cried, being pushed backwards by the powerful force.

"Hahaa!" Jazardmon laughed, only to then hear Unimon cry out.

"Spread Nails!" He spun towards the flying horse, only to suddenly be struck by a powerful sonic attack. Said attack was coming out of Unimon's mouth, the alicorn Digimon using all the power she could muster to making him flinch from the sound.

"That's annoying as heck!" Jazardmon cried, launching a laser beam out of his eyes that moved from the sonic blast and almost hit Unimon.

She gasped and pulled back, just in time to avoid getting something lasered off. She growled, only to see HooTawnimon fly up and tackled Jezardmon. "You're not gonna hurt her!" He cried, wrapping his wings and claws around his body. "Or anybody else."

"And you're gonna stop me?" He asked, laughing as he pointed his feet towards the ground and kicked the boosters into full power. "Don't make me laugh!" They flew straight up and once they were high enough, Jazardmon swung his legs around and caused them to go flying in another direction.

"WOW!" HooTawnimon cried, as they were thrown through the air. Jazardmon then changed direction again, making it tricky for him to keep hold of the robot. And finally, after another sudden turn, HooTawnimon was thrown off of him. "GYAH!"

"Sonic Vulgan!" Jazardmon cried, as he summoned the machine guns and unleashed a barrage right into HooTawnimon's chest. The giant owl cried out in pain, as he was knocked falling towards the ground. "HA! Loser!" He dived after him, ready to fire at him point blank.

But before he could, Unimon flew up. "Aerial Gallop!" The next thing Jazardmon knew, his wing was being stabbed by her horn.

"Augh!" He cried, pulling himself away from the alicorn Digimon before pointing his thruster feet at her. She cried out, as the heat of his blast forced her away. But she had managed to do some serious damage to his wings. "You'll pay for that!" He cried, as he summoned his machine guns again. "Sonic Vulcan!" He unleashed another barrage of bullets, which flew down towards the Champion.

Unimon tried to dodge them, but they were too fast and she found herself getting shot multiple times.

HooTawnimon had recovered him his assault and tried to fl up and help her, but Unimon stopped flying and fell. "AUGH!" She fell towards the ground and crashed into the mountain, Jazardmon laughing as he turned to HooTawnimon.

"Now it's just you and me!" He fired his laser eyes and HooTawnimon found himself flying around in a mad fashion, attempting to the lasers as best he could. But the attacks were too fast and he was struck in the shoulder and back. "That's right!" Jazardmon laughed. "This mountain belongs to me. I won it and I won't let you take it away. In this world, the strong survive and the weak either get strong or die!"

HooTawnimon was struck in the chest and screamed in pain, causing him to fall to the ground. But instead of crashing into the mountain, he was caught by Birdramon.

"Or the weak work together to overpower the bully!" The bird Digimon cried, as Darcmon, Nefertimon and Sunflowmon flew up with her. Jazardmon looked down and was shocked to see his Jazamon army were all down for the count. The grounded Digimon were making sure they didn't try anything funny, leaving Jazardmon completely alone.

"Light of Purity!" Darcmon swung her staff around, light flowing out of it and causing both HooTawnimon and Unimon to heal.

The pair stood up and spread their wings, taking to the air again and glaring as they and the other Digimon surrounded Jazardmon. "This is your one chance," Unimon told him. "Give up and leave, or we blast you back to a Digi-Egg."

Jazardmon growled at them. "I refuse. This is my mountain!" He charged at HooTawnimon, getting ready to blast him at close range. But the owl Digimon shot straight up whilst the others prepared their attacks.

"Aerial Attack!"

"Meteor Wing!"

Sunshine Beam!"

"Rosetta Stone!"

"Dancing Sword!" The five attacks flew towards Jazardmon, who tried to escape only for his damaged wing to suddenly blow and cause him to lose control. This allowed the attacks to slam into him, the metal bird squawking in pain as his body was burned, battered and dented.

When the last of these attacks died down, he was still floating in place. But then, HooTawnimon dived down towards him. "Super Sky Strike!" He morphed into a meteor of wind, which flew down and struck Jazardmon before he could react.

He screamed in pain as he was pushed towards the mountain, smashing into it with enough force to push his damaged body past the breaking point. He exploded, his data being reverted back to a Digi-Egg and sent to Primary Village. Hopefully, his next life will be one where he wasn't such a bully.

The Jazamon gasped at this, seeing their leader be destroyed.

The other Digimon finally let them all go, they and the ones in the sky turning their attention to them. Turuiemon looked upset, but the others simply frowned. The message was clear. Leave, or you're next.

And so, the Digimon took to the air and flew away as fast as they could.

"WE DID IT!" ToyGreymon cheered, as the Tawnimon celebrated as well. The flying Digimon flew down, the lot De-Digivolving back to normal. As they did, HooTawnimon looked them over. "Thank you," he announced. "You have allowed my flock to get our home back."

"It was no trouble at all," Twilight assured him. As she did, Fluttershy sighed.

"I just wish we didn't have to delete Jazardmon to do it." Terriermon frowned at her.

"Hey, he made his choice. It was either delete him, or let the bully keep this place." Fluttershy knew he was right and looked up at the Tawnimon, who were now happily munching the berries in the trees, she knew she had done the right thing.

Rainbow moved over to Tortomon, smirking. "You look pretty cool. But I guess it's gonna be pretty hard to make blueberry tarts now."

"That's okay," Tortomon told her. "I was done with that. I wanna try something else next."

"Like what?"

"I don't know. I'm stronger now, so maybe I'll train myself to get stronger. Though finding opponents might be tricky. And if I'm not strong enough, I might end up deleted."

Rainbow hummed before an idea formed in her head. "Hey, why don't you come with me?" Everyone appeared shocked by this. "Become my partner."

"Me?" Tortomon asked, "why would you want me?"

"Because you're awesome," Rainbow cried. "You might not be the fasted Digimon, but you're super strong. Plus, no other Digimon's ever stuck its neck out to save me like that." Tortomon was surprised by how enthusiastic she was being. "Come on. I bet Tortomon isn't your only evolution. Maybe we can find one that's super fast, so we can pick between power and speed when we need it. What do you say? Let's show Codex why we make an awesome team."

Tortomon turned to the others and saw them all nodding with a smile, Tortomon smiling back. "Alright," he nodded, "I'm in." Rainbow smirked and took out her Digivice, scanning him with the partner scan. And as she did, Tortomon glowed before shrinking down.

If a flash, Kamemon was back and looking confused. "Huh?"

"Partners get stuck in their Rookie form," Labramon explained. "But you'll be able to Digivolve whenever you want." Kamemon liked the sound of that, he and Rainbow high fiving as Twilight turned to HooTawnimon.

"Well, I guess this is it."

"Indeed," HooTawnimon nodded. "Thank you, for helping my flock. If there's anything you wish that I can do in return, just name it."

Twilight thought for a moment, then smiled. "I don't suppose I could get a scan of you? I'm sure a powerful Digimon like you will be just what I need to kick my game up a notch."

HooTawnimon smiled before nodding. "I would be honoured to help you in...whatever you do with those scans." Twilight smiled as she scanned HooTawnimon, seeing his stats and being rather impressed by them. "Well, I guess this is where we part ways."

"Yes," Twilight nodded. "But if those Jazamon ever give you trouble again, just let us know and we'll come help." The others nodded and started making their way back to Berry Town, HooTawnimon and his Rookie forms waving them goodbye.

They did the same and all smiled at one another. Despite how some of them started off, they were all glad they had met one another on this day. And hopefully, they would all continue to have many great adventures together in the future.

And as the forest got out of view, Twilight looked back and wondered if she would one day meet HooTawnimon again.


Present day.

The answer was yes, but that was a story for another time. Twilight smiled as he woke Tawnimon up, the Digimon waking up and smiling at the sight of Berry Town. They all looked out the window and saw the great tree, just as amazing as it had been so long ago.

The six girls had remained friends after they left this place and every now and then, they made an effort to come back together. They even took a Trailmon, despite now being able to travel there due to Levelling up.

The train came to a stop and the girls got out with their Digimon, looking forward to enjoying some great fruity desserts and reminiscing about all the great times they had had together. The future was important, but every now and then it was good to remember one's past. The good times and the bad.

Author's Note:

Bet you weren't expecting that. A bit of a filler chapter after the intense chapter we had last week, which shows how the girls all met and how Rainbow even got her partner. But what about Twilight? Like the chapter said, that's a story for another time.

PreviousChapters Next